Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta

Thanks! What are the fixed researches that I will miss out on if I attempt to patch from .01 to .10?

15 minutes ago, lolo said:

Thanks! What are the fixed researches that I will miss out on if I attempt to patch from .01 to .10?

Antimatter Technology 2 is not unlockable in the current version .01. This doesnt keep you from getting Antimatter Technology 1,3 and 4 though. The armour progression has been stretched so that some armours are faster reachable, while others have a more logical progression. The goal was to better distribute armour research so you get enough time to play around with a new armour before the logically next one gets unlocked. Some roborex dependencies were removed which made 1 armour not unlockable. A data hack had an inappopriate, but still researchable requirement. A few fixes all around the board. Additionally the research was optimised for Palus Shining Xenopedia.

• Like 1

@Larry BurstynI think you requested something like better visible facehuggers for your eyes:

Into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division: aiprops.xml

This removes the ghost ability, which means facehuggers will create an visible icon on the right sight for you.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:59 AM, Charon said:

@Larry BurstynI think you requested something like better visible facehuggers for your eyes:

Into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division: aiprops.xml

This removes the ghost ability, which means facehuggers will create an visible icon on the right sight for you.

Thank you.  And my eyes thank you also.

• Like 1

There some kind of AI issue, as i think. Non-combatants always pushing to my guys guns and die from reaction fire, in the same time guards and other military ETs guys hidding deep in the ship and never rush.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, Charon said:

@Dagar @PALU @Svinedrengen

Give me some quality of life changes you would like to see in X-Division and which cant be possibly modded in.

Just out of curiosity, did you want that for a possible mod of Xen2nauts? Or for something else?

The Schockdamage feature is a pretty good addition to the game, it makes the shotguns a little more than just a niche weapon with stundamage, it is still a niche weapon just better now, and it gives the locals with shotguns an actual chance to defend themselves, although it is still a very small chance. 

SMG's are now a viable option instead of pistols, but they still need a little more to make them a truly legit option. I have been thinking about lowering their TU usage from 40% to around 30-33% so when you dont move, you can fire 3 times. It would make them good for breaching and controlling small areas. What do you think? @Charon

23 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

SMG's are now a viable option instead of pistols, but they still need a little more to make them a truly legit option. I have been thinking about lowering their TU usage from 40% to around 30-33% so when you dont move, you can fire 3 times. It would make them good for breaching and controlling small areas. What do you think? @Charon

I looked at the situation and i dont think they need their % use lowered. Lowering the % use is the laymans first thought, but you have to keep the weapons unique. Whats so unique when every problem gets solved with lowering TU% ? Instead i think increasing the amount of bullets to a higher number and adjusting the clip capacity. From 6 to either 8 or 10 bullets and from 30 to either 32 or 40 bullets per clip. Hard to say which one is more appropriate.

But alas that is why we have a development team, you need to throughly test these changes in the short, medium and long run. X-Division was not build upon people trying to think out problems, but with hard statistical data to back up their decisions. X-Divisions work has been layed down, but if you want to improve on the SMGs that is the direction i would be looking at.

17 minutes ago, Charon said:

I looked at the situation and i dont think they need their % use lowered. Lowering the % use is the laymans first thought, but you have to keep the weapons unique. Whats so unique when every problem gets solved with lowering TU% ? Instead i think increasing the amount of bullets to a higher number and adjusting the clip capacity. From 6 to either 8 or 10 bullets and from 30 to either 32 or 40 bullets per clip. Hard to say which one is more appropriate

Well the uniqueness (dont know if that is a word) would be that if you stayed put, you would get the ekstra shot, which would make SMG's good at very surtain situations. I did also think about more shots and ammocapacity, but in theory it just sounds more like a strait upgrade, and what is unique about that? ;)

Anyway I am definatly going to test both thinks to find out what works best, as I still think they need a little more of something. 

28 minutes ago, Charon said:

But alas that is why we have a development team, you need to throughly test these changes in the short, medium and long run. X-Division was not build upon people trying to think out problems, but with hard statistical data to back up their decisions. X-Divisions work has been layed down, but if you want to improve on the SMGs that is the direction i would be looking at

Ja I know, and that is exactly the reason why I wanted to hear your opinion on the subjekt. 

Dunno how well the SMG does it right now, but maybe alternatively you could look into it suppressing a bit more. A CQ high reflex one handed suppression weapon would be pretty cool to have. Of course it should not suppress as reliably as the LMGs or miniguns do.