[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

4 hours ago, Charon said:

Yes, thats the point. but there still is a 10% percent death on impact ratio. So ... small chance. Still the design is that a crashsite should be more rewarding than a terror site, but it is also MORE difficult than a terror site ( 24 less civs to shoot at, 12 local forces less which cant help you, smaller map, more enemies, and a carrier to storm ).

I didn't mean crash site. I meant capturing terror ship without crashing it down first (intact). Even more enemies but all operators alive.

5 minutes ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Then what's this:

NnvM8bi.jpg

Terror ship with no damage. And I'm going to capture it intact (picture is just proof of concept).

Either you changed the game files or you are using a glitch, which you SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH shouldnt tell anybody about ;).

Edited by Charon

@PALU Well in your case, you probably dont even need to make a mod since it is just one file. You could just create a new thread called "X-Division UNOFFICIAL fanlore by PALU" and attach the file, so people themselves ( at their own risk ) can download it and replace the existing file with yours, doing it this way should not take much time. Just a idea, and maybe not even a good one, but that is not for me to decide, I just think it is a shame that you stop now when you have written so much already.

@Ruthless Reuban Looks like you have discovered the Terrordropship glitch.

3 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

@PALU Well in your case, you probably dont even need to make a mod since it is just one file. You could just create a new thread called "X-Division UNOFFICIAL fanlore by PALU" and attach the file, so people themselves ( at their own risk ) can download it and replace the existing file with yours, doing it this way should not take much time. Just a idea, and maybe not even a good one, but that is not for me to decide, I just think it is a shame that you stop now when you have written so much already.

@Ruthless Reuban Looks like you have discovered the Terrordropship glitch.

I agree, that lore looks pretty good. Just keeping it on this thread will mean it loses lot of attention.

For terrorship, there was slight change that was intentional, but it wasn't. So I just pretend that doesn't exist.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

On 9/15/2018 at 12:25 PM, Charon said:

From the design view it should be possible, but practically it isnt. The main problem is that the foxtrot are pulling more aggro than the f17, and when the UFO switches targets will be prefered. Check my channel, in my latest videos i brought down 2 terror carrier, but couldnt save a single foxtrot.

How about like this ;).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

How about like this ;).

This is why i never say somethings is impossible, because then some mother****** comes along and has to prove me wrong ;).

Note however that you are taking a lot of damage from flying so close, which makes 2 or 3 iterations of pulling that of unlikely, and that is what a squad of f17 most likely has to make to make a successfull run. Also note that you use up a lot of antimissile by having to stay so long on the tail of the terror carrier.

Assimiliated Alien Fighters would not only be able to pull this of without harm, but they would also be able to conserve more antimissile by manually dodging drones. This is the original design and how you should make the run. However with 5 bases at the start ( + radar ) i found myself too tight on money to afford the scientist/trolls to have the production for this. This is why i replaced the Fighters with basic f17.

Well done !

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charon said:

This is why i never say somethings is impossible, because then some mother****** comes along and has to prove me wrong ;).

Note however that you are taking a lot of damage from flying so close, which makes 2 or 3 iterations of pulling that of unlikely, and that is what a squad of f17 most likely has to make to make a successfull run. Also note that you use up a lot of antimissile by having to stay so long on the tail of the terror carrier.

Assimiliated Alien Fighters would not only be able to pull this of without harm, but they would also be able to conserve more antimissile by manually dodging drones. This is the original design and how you should make the run. However with 5 bases at the start ( + radar ) i found myself too tight on money to afford the scientist/trolls to have the production for this. This is why i replaced the Fighters with basic f17.

Well done !

:) yeah your right, but it can be done with 4 foxtrots and 4 f17´s if played perfectly but just one mistake and the hole cardhouse drops, so preferably 6 f17´s to have a little room for errors. Main goal is to not lose foxtrots, they cost resources to replace, f17´s only cost a pocketfull of money.

Yeah about being tight on money in the end of the month with 5 bases in beginning sounds somewhat quite familiar.

20 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Main goal is to not lose foxtrots, they cost resources to replace, f17´s only cost a pocketfull of money.

Yeah about being tight on money in the end of the month with 5 bases in beginning sounds somewhat quite familiar.

Resources? I thought only a lot of extra retrieving time.

Edited by in_gene

You mentioned reflexes, i use reflexes a lot. All my guys are specially trained for reflexes (rippers are great for this). Helps during the storming of UFO (sad that the wolf decrease reflexes), if there is an mk3 weapon in this phase, then even ambushing high-ranking fighters are possible. It works well when wave of rippers or xenomorfs attacking when storming a terror ship.

Interesting thing: when xenodrone stand against a wall of waiting riflemans with all TU, he often dont move next turn. Dont know what it is, does he scares about reflex shoot or just some sort of bug.

Curious, what about mechanics of reflex? How reaction modifier and weapons range works? What file is responsible for that?

Edited by in_gene

3 hours ago, in_gene said:

Interesting thing: when xenodrone stand against a wall of waiting riflemans with all TU, he often dont move next turn. Dont know what it is, does he scares about reflex shoot or just some sort of bug.

Scared of reflex shots. The AI knows if you have reserved TU for that. Although i fixed that behaviour a bit for the next version.

Not sure where to post this, so I'll drop it here.

I just got a brand new computer, and was looking for a game similar to Xcom, found Xenonnaughts then this mod. I followed the install instructions exactly. Didn't mess with the mod load order as the instructions said that it sets that all up automatically and not to touch it.

I have no other mods installed other than what came in with this mod. I also installed the Patch.

Everything worked fine until I got to a terror mission. I got a few turns into it killed a few aliens, then saved and went to bed. Now it freezes on the load. I tried loading the auto save at the beginning of the mission and that worked. however, again a few turns in this time it freezes when my tank shot at an alien. Just straight up froze mid salvo on its lats bullet.

Seems to be only terror missions that are a problem as I haven't had any issues up to this point.

19 minutes ago, LadyAthena said:

Not sure where to post this, so I'll drop it here.

I just got a brand new computer, and was looking for a game similar to Xcom, found Xenonnaughts then this mod. I followed the install instructions exactly. Didn't mess with the mod load order as the instructions said that it sets that all up automatically and not to touch it.

I have no other mods installed other than what came in with this mod. I also installed the Patch.

Everything worked fine until I got to a terror mission. I got a few turns into it killed a few aliens, then saved and went to bed. Now it freezes on the load. I tried loading the auto save at the beginning of the mission and that worked. however, again a few turns in this time it freezes when my tank shot at an alien. Just straight up froze mid salvo on its lats bullet.

Seems to be only terror missions that are a problem as I haven't had any issues up to this point.

Deactivate the ambient sound mods.

Unfortunately, ground combat is a bit buggy, and I'd suggest using multiple saves that you cycle through. I've had a few different cases:

- Freezing during the enemy turn. This has sometimes been possible to get around by repositioning such that the buggying unit isn't visible. In one case that didn't work and I had to revert to the latest geoscape mission and land again as the landing save resulted in the same freeze. Fortunately, the geoscape save was fairly close to the landing point.
- Freezing during loading. Nothing to do but to use an earlier save if several attempts all freeze, unless the advice in the preceding post works.

I think the reason this is more common during terror missions than the smaller ones is that there's more going one, so there are more chances that a bug is triggered.