[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

On 6/15/2018 at 11:20 AM, Juvilado said:

I have always trouble checking while in ground combat if an alien unit im facing has already been previously stunned in other missions. 

Is there anything, apart from pencil and paper, that can be done to check it? 

Would be possible to implement anything ingame to identify already stunned alien classes?

Regards

that would be sooooooo great. right now i have printed the overview of all alien classes provided by the game and marked when i stunned it...you know, the good old way with a pencil...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHef said:

that would be sooooooo great. right now i have printed the overview of all alien classes provided by the game and marked when i stunned it...you know, the good old way with a pencil...

Well, at least the finished interrogations are marked in your Xenopedia. That said I also have my list next to me when playing.

• Like 1

I've got a UI issue (CE 0.35/X-Division 0.99.45) at the end of the early game research stage: The workshop screen gets filled up so the top categories have to be scrolled, but the last entry ("WRECKAGES", so far in my case) cannot be reached, as the "MANAGE CONSTRUCTION" option "lies on top" and gets selected instead, so I can't disassemble the various hovering menaces any more.

I've tried clicking on the very top left part of the entry, but the "Manage Construction" sensitive area seems to cover all of the left half of the last line of the panel. Either the horizontal activation range of the "Manage Construction" selection would need to be reduced, or the "button" itself shifted down one line.

I doubt the second level of construction (the actual items) will fill up, but if it does, the same issue ought to affect that selection, and your most powerful item tends to end up at the end...

I'm using Windows 10.1 with screen resolution 2560*1600 running full screen (Run in Window does nothing anyway). 1280*1024 does not have this issue (semi randomly selected lower resolution for fault finding purposes). With 1280*1024 the "Manage Construction" key sits at the bottom of the frame, with about one line's worth of frame space above it, while on 2680*1600 the frame is much thinner, as well as the "Manage Construction" text appearing half a line up from the bottom of the frame. I think the text would just not fit in the frame even if aligned with the absolute bottom of the frame, so the frame should probably simply be one line higher (shifting the key half a line down would improve issues, but isn't as important).
I've also noted that the key bindings section has a number of keys that are partially overlapping in 2680*1600, but has no issues with 1280*1024. At a guess, it's a resolution scaling issue, where higher resolutions calculations think things take slightly less space than they do/employ half steps rather than full ones.

For the time being I can work around the issue by occasionally switching to a lower resolution to reach the items under the last entry.

Finally, while save scumming in ground combat, it's unfortunately not that uncommon that loading just stops when two progress bar sections remain (I've had it happen once when the bar was filled only halfway). This happens most frequently early in the scenarios [many units in play?], and more frequently in the larger ones (but has happened with a scout one). When that happens Xenonauts effectively locks the computer, as it grabs the focus and refuses to release it, i.e. I can alt-tab to get a screen of the available programs, but selecting one always brings Xenonauts to the front. This means I can bring up the task manager, but not access it to kill the rogue program (actually, I could once, when I'd alt-tab:ed out of Xenonauts while it loaded to look at something else. In that case I could kill it with the task manager. At that time Xenonauts didn't have the focus, and so couldn't refuse to release it, though). The issue is not repeatable in a predictable fashion, i.e. I may reload the same save a dozen times, and then the next one it hangs. After restarting the computer (hard shutdown, as the shutdown menu can't be accessed either) another few attempts may be made, and then it can hang again.

@PALU

#first issue: Xenonauts. and effectively X-Division will only ever support up to 1920x1080. 2560x1600 is not even a multiplier of that and so weird things may happen all around.

#second issue: Not being able to access the task manager should be a windows 10 issue. A 1 minute search reveals this

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20170425-00/?p=96035

Dont let Windows 10 take away the control over your PC, you should still be the man in charge.

Thanks for the answers. I wasn't aware of (or possibly remembered) that only a subset of the resolutions listed by the launcher were actually supported. I'm switching to 1280*800 (which is half of what I tried to use in each dimension, and so might have scaled properly).

It certainly helps to be able to kill Xenonauts when it hangs (and I've changed the task manager settings accordingly), but it would be even better if it didn't hang in the first place...

34 minutes ago, PALU said:

It certainly helps to be able to kill Xenonauts when it hangs (and I've changed the task manager settings accordingly), but it would be even better if it didn't hang in the first place...

The game will never hang on you as long as you dont savescum. I have over 600 hours of X-Division without a single crash. On the other hand i also play Honestman and only reload in case of bugs or to continue. The more often you load the more unstable it becomes, thats just what the insane amount of X-Division information does to Xenonauts.

Edited by Charon

I've got no idea how you'd be able to do that. I have to save scum very heavily to survive missions (there was a break at the end of the early phase when teams had sort of sufficient equipment). My first terror mission saw me save scumming to hit with every single bullet (excluding bursts), and I was still out of bullets on at least two members of the team at the end. The same thing when the second phase appeared: I had to hit with every shot from every laser equipped soldier to kill a single andron, and I still had to pull out as I didn't have enough ammo to take out what was on the ship (the ballistic weapons were essentially useless against an andron soldier). And I'm playing at easy...

I also assume you're not the person who wrote the game message that says approximately "...I reload more then you".

12 minutes ago, PALU said:

I've got no idea how you'd be able to do that. I have to save scum very heavily to survive missions (there was a break at the end of the early phase when teams had sort of sufficient equipment). My first terror mission saw me save scumming to hit with every single bullet (excluding bursts), and I was still out of bullets on at least two members of the team at the end. The same thing when the second phase appeared: I had to hit with every shot from every laser equipped soldier to kill a single andron, and I still had to pull out as I didn't have enough ammo to take out what was on the ship (the ballistic weapons were essentially useless against an andron soldier). And I'm playing at easy...

I have a youtube channel where i play some X-Division.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJiDtR6YHRDiW4dpa_F-2aQ

This is my latest run:

https://youtu.be/tinHRureCCw

But if you look, i have dedicated videos explaining details about the game, like Lets Play Together, where i play with other peoples saves, Aircombat tutorials, where i might take down Terror Battleships and more. There is also coding stuff, but i guess thats less interesting for people.

16 minutes ago, PALU said:

I also assume you're not the person who wrote the game message that says approximately "...I reload more then you".

That was drages. You can identify him by the "then" instead of "than". :D He likes to play that way, and its totally fine, as do most X-Division players. But once in your lifetime you want to finish the game on Honestman NG+2 :).

Hi,

after I installed X-Division can I still play the normal XCE mods by selecting the respective mods in the loader or do I have to un-install X-Division first? There was something in the readme that X-Division replaces some of the Vanilla files.

I've looked at the first two NG+2 sessions, and have picked up a couple of details (while I have some reservation on others). Something that bothers me, though, is that you use smoke grenades against sebillians and it seems to work, while the description of sebillians in the game claims smoke is useless against them because their vision operates in the IR range of the spectrum, (and by extension would be useless against androns and probably harridans as well)?

Concerning the failed mission equipment/specimen recovery you commented on in the video I've experienced that as well, where the squad's weapons on the floor of the helo weren't returned. I experienced that alien weapons could be recovered when equipped, while own weapons would be recovered when equipped or in the backpack (and I wondered why you didn't recover the reaper, as it was literally lying on the chopper ramp, by the way).

And, by the way, the tag line text is out of date, as 0.99.45 is out...

5 hours ago, kibyde said:

Hi,

after I installed X-Division can I still play the normal XCE mods by selecting the respective mods in the loader or do I have to un-install X-Division first? There was something in the readme that X-Division replaces some of the Vanilla files.

Additionally you will have to reinstate the original manufactures.xml. X-Division added the original called manufactures - ORIGINAL.xml in your Xenonauts/assets/ folder. Than you can play a normal XCE game.

4 hours ago, PALU said:

Something that bothers me, though, is that you use smoke grenades against sebillians and it seems to work, while the description of sebillians in the game claims smoke is useless against them because their vision operates in the IR range of the spectrum, (and by extension would be useless against androns and probably harridans as well)?

Smoke grenades work against every known enemy in X-Division, including sebillians. If you can pinpoint the exact location where these things get mentioned i can correct them.

4 hours ago, PALU said:

Concerning the failed mission equipment/specimen recovery you commented on in the video I've experienced that as well, where the squad's weapons on the floor of the helo weren't returned. I experienced that alien weapons could be recovered when equipped, while own weapons would be recovered when equipped or in the backpack (and I wondered why you didn't recover the reaper, as it was literally lying on the chopper ramp, by the way).

Item recovery in Xenonauts is broken beyond discussion so dont bother with it. I usually just accept that things cant get recovered, or try a bit. @Coffee Potatofound some recent discoveries where certain tiles ( 2 ) could reliably recover alien items, while other tiles couldnt.

4 hours ago, PALU said:

And, by the way, the tag line text is out of date, as 0.99.45 is out...

Tag line where ?

The portion below "Tag line where ?" in your previous post:

"On break since 4.11.2017

Things I want YOU to know <-LINK !!!  Newbies and people who need help should check out the Developers Diary <HERE<!

[1.65/X.CE V0.34.1] X-Division 0.99.41 Beta is out !"

(My bold marking). And you're rather active for being on break as well, unless the break is from real world work to deal with X-Division ;)

Sebillian Autopsy: "... They also have weak thermal eyesight, giving them slower reflexes and poor accuracy (although smoke will not hinder their accuracy like it does other aliens)...."

Also got this one when searching for the one above:

Sebillian Vivisection: "... This analysis has brought two tanglble results. The first is an upgrade to our battlefield medipacks, ... heal at twice the rate." I think the text is carried over from the original, but I haven't seen any change in healing efficiency (still 5/25).

1 minute ago, PALU said:

[1.65/X.CE V0.34.1] X-Division 0.99.41 Beta is out !"

Ouch ><. Will change.

4 minutes ago, PALU said:

Sebillian Autopsy: "... They also have weak thermal eyesight, giving them slower reflexes and poor accuracy (although smoke will not hinder their accuracy like it does other aliens)...."

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, PALU said:

Sebillian Vivisection: "... This analysis has brought two tanglble results. The first is an upgrade to our battlefield medipacks, ... heal at twice the rate." I think the text is carried over from the original, but I haven't seen any change in healing efficiency (still 5/25).

Already Fixed for the next version.

UI improvement suggestion: Remove engineering groups that don't have any tasks that are ever going to be possible to perform. I'm thinking of phase based equipment dismantling/disassembly when the phase is passed and there's no longer any items left in any storage or in transit (or, better, the total count in storage/transit is lower than the one required for the task: if 6 XXX pistols are required to produce 1 core, a total of 5 is too few). One such example is phase 1 data cores and another is wreckage (which seems to be replaced by another wreckage category for phase 2). As far as I can tell, no phase 1 UFOs show up once phase 1 is over, so once the last core is processed the category just becomes clutter that causes additional scrolling.

Edit: Research typo/misinformation: The Lancer aircraft "...should outperform the Lancer in any other way". It should probably be Foxtrot.
The X-Pedia entry on the Sonda is confusing as the text talks about 4 hardpoints, but the info panel says 2 * normal). I'm not finished building one yet, so I don't know which is correct.

Edit 2: Equipment UI improvement suggestion: Add new equipment tiers to the top rather than the bottom of the lists. It's much more likely to want to equip the newest (or second newest) equipment tier items than the oldest one.

Edit 3: Odd reload combat bug: Twice (out of 2) a character with an empty rocket launcher has it reloaded in the backpack. In both cases I tried to get the character back to the helo to pick up new rockets, only to find that it's been reloaded (with standard rockets, not the HE ones I actually want). The character is too weak to carry spare rockets, so they were dropped at landing.

Edited by PALU
Added Edit3

Greetings! First off, thank you for this amazing mod, Charon, and to everyone else who helped make this mod happen. Be they developers or testers or just players who just LOVE this game in all its style and GOD DAMNT IT, WHY DID IT MISS AT 95% ACCURACY shenanigans.

However, I am unsure if this is a bug or not, but, I got to the part getting Heavy interceptors from the aliens. And once I had a decent ground bases to store multiple of them, and creating them with powerful weaponry, I noticed that a dreadnaught made a ground attack. But once I intercepted it with 100% success, (I hate doing manual air battles. Im terrible at them), the game crashes immediately if the Dreadnaught lands on the land. Is it because it cannot make a template for the ground battles and just poops itself? I really want to know if I can even attack a downed Dreadnaught.

Once more, thank you for looking for this post, and for your hard work and your teams, Charon.
-Lvspecops

I need help

i downloded the mod parts put them together in one folder and startet the installation exe i followed the instuctions of the installer to the end witout anithig unusal happening after the installation i checkt my mod loder but nothinc has changed it is like i never have installt anything

sorry for my really bad writing

On 7/5/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kaiser Otto I. said:

I need help

i downloded the mod parts put them together in one folder and startet the installation exe i followed the instuctions of the installer to the end witout anithig unusal happening after the installation i checkt my mod loder but nothinc has changed it is like i never have installt anything

sorry for my really bad writing

You launched incorrect Xenonauts.exe? Right one is on assets/mods/xce folder.

I've encountered an extremely annoying invisible enemy in a terror mission. The enemy keeps firing from a building right beside the helo turn after turn, and I've been completely unable to see it. I tried sending the sniper to the roof (using a Buzzard armor), but he can see nothing, and all roof the tiles except the ones passed through are blacked out. Eventually I tired and tried to fire rockets into the building floor after floor (save scumming, so the enemy couldn't possibly move). When firing at the roof I eventually got a spot of destroyed enemy remains and destroyed items (but no damage indication) on one tile. I then tried to send the sniper to that tile and verified the remains. Save scumming I sent the sniper to the same tile, and found he stopped before it and couldn't move into it, but he couldn't see anything either, despite staring the enemy in the face. Given that the enemy was on a roof top, I assume it must have been a Wraith (there are other Wraiths on the map).

It can be noted that having the sniper standing on the roof in no way makes him invisible to enemies...

I found my sniper actually had enough TUs to fire into the blocked tile, and it resulted in a creature hit sound (but no damage indication).

Edit 2:

I did make a save where the sniper is standing on the roof, but out of TUs. It should be possible to find the invisible enemy the next turn (when I tried it had moved to the tile jutting out). I also noted that the roof being invisible only happens at the very top of the map: I did get another bugger, and it required something like 6 alerium missiles to shut up. It might be that maps have to have a top level empty of structures you can stand on for enemies at the top roof level to be visible, but that's only speculation.

Edit 3: The research results for the Shrike claims the troop capacity is increased by 50%, but it's only 25% (although it might be that things are reduced to single troop steps in the next version).

Also, it's rather annoying that flying (Harridan) enemies and their equipment go splat when shot down. Not only are you unable to get their resources, but there's also no incentive to hold back. You can just as well blow it out of the sky with a missile, as careful whittling just is a waste of TUs.

Edit 4: Another rocket launcher bug: The soldiers I've given rocket launchers all carry them in the inventory (rather than as primary weapons). However, the rocket launcher loadout keeps changing back to the basic explosive rocket. I haven't confirmed it, but it seems to happen as they return from a mission, regardless of whether the rocket launcher has been used or not. Given that ground combat missions are clustered, it's common for the next mission to happen while the previous mission's team are on the way back home, so it might be (re)load related. However, given how long ground missions take, even a non save scummer would likely have to reload the game in between the finish of the first mission in a cluster and the time the team returned if the travel distance is such that 4 other ground missions take place before the first mission team has returned back.

Edited by PALU
Added edit

I downloaded the tech tree, but I am not sure I understand how to use it in any depth. My current issue is whether the quantum cryptology centre unlock is bugged or not. According to the tech tree, the one and only requirement is "Alienbasedatacore" which in turn requires "Items.alienbasecore". I have raided two alien outposts, which has given me one "Alien Base Core" and more than one week has passed. But I do not have the research option for the cryptology centre. I know there is an element of chance in the tech tree, so maybe that didn't trigger? Have I missed the chance to ever get a cryptology centre?

And I assume you haven't got any research for the alien base data core itself either (just guessing that the center would be possible to research after you've researched the core itself, but I have no actual relevant knowledge)?