[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

2 minutes ago, BHef said:

Well, at least i found the error beeing on my side

I beg your pardon ? I found the error. Im missing the big thank you for my time, but im sure you meant it somewhere along those lines.

3 minutes ago, BHef said:

Nevertheless a Rookie not beeing able reloading a silly Mark I Laser Rifle by plugging out a magazine and inserting a new one is just plain stupid...wonder how he is able to fire this thing...

Well, maybe its more than that needed to reload. Maybe you dont know everything ;).

1 minute ago, Charon said:

I beg your pardon ? I found the error.

Haha... as i said before, your arrogance is unbelievable. I beg you pardon english isnt my mothertongue and in MY mothertongue that sentence would be grammatically totally fine with YOU finding the error. Thank you oh thy great Charon...

1 minute ago, BHef said:

Haha... as i said before, your arrogance is unbelievable. I beg you pardon english isnt my mothertongue and in MY mothertongue that sentence would be grammatically totally fine with YOU finding the error. Thank you oh thy great Charon...

:D

EDIT: This setup was incredible.

Edited by Charon

3 minutes ago, BHef said:

Sorry, dont understand the relation...(honestly) what do you mean?

I knew your personality. I set you you up to give me a sarcastic thank you. I had the perfect response.

Its just a pun, relax.

Edited by Charon

Having real trouble starting: Killing sebillan in one turn is hardly possible, and their flamer wielders are almost guaranteed to kill me in retaliation. 

Was their flamer always this badass? What do you suggest to do against them?

UPD: New question. Has this mod entirely dedicated itself for providing super-experienced players with challenge, forfeiting balance, and common sense?

Not judging, just trying to determine if it is for me, or not. I remember having a blast playing it, but things seem kinda ridiculous now. Im in a very early game, with starter weapons, and without armor, but.. enemies are nigh impervious, stun grenades do nothing, and pretty much everything oneshots me. Sebillans now apparently have farther vision then me, in broad daylight - and this was supposed to be their weak spot.

So, was game really rebalanced this much during last half a year, or have I just forgotten how to play?

Edited by Morhem

2 hours ago, Morhem said:

Having real trouble starting: Killing sebillan in one turn is hardly possible, and their flamer wielders are almost guaranteed to kill me in retaliation. 

Was their flamer always this badass? What do you suggest to do against them?

UPD: New question. Has this mod entirely dedicated itself for providing super-experienced players with challenge, forfeiting balance, and common sense?

Not judging, just trying to determine if it is for me, or not. I remember having a blast playing it, but things seem kinda ridiculous now. Im in a very early game, with starter weapons, and without armor, but.. enemies are nigh impervious, stun grenades do nothing, and pretty much everything oneshots me. Sebillans now apparently have farther vision then me, in broad daylight - and this was supposed to be their weak spot.

So, was game really rebalanced this much during last half a year, or have I just forgotten how to play?

SUPRESS SUPRESS SUPRESS. When approaching, ALWAYS have a fall back out of sight. Shotguns are phenomenal at short range supression and will shred enemies that have their armor weakened, but those flame thrower Sebs will RIP you apart. Engage them at range and with copius amounts of machine gun fire. Smoke DOES work against them, so use that too. Use creative tactics to take them down. I put two rocket launchers in my team. There’s a sebillian that is too risky to take down? Nuke the building he’s standing in.

this mod requires new tactics and plans. Supression is key. You can’t just rush the aliens and hope to win. You need to use strategy and supression to take them down. And if all else fails, close range LMG fire. Works every time. My breach team is two shotgunners, a shield, a rifleman and TWO guys with miniguns/LMGs. Creative tactics my man. 

This mod is very advanced and will make you pay. You’ll be screaming in frustration. You’ll have to retreat. The strategic level matters, as you’re gonna take heavy casualties. The mod developer took 3 ON THE FIRST ENGAGEMENT. The best chance you have at getting you guys home is suppression, slow and methodical moving, and using stupid amounts of cover. You’re facing an enemy with hundreds of years of technology ahead of you. By all accounts, you shouldn’t even be able to hurt them. Their armor absorbs shots easily, but it does break down. So if you can just batter away at them and hunker down, they’ll go down. not gonna lie, you will lose some missions. A good commander knows when to fight, a great one when to retreat. 

And if you think this is hard... wait until the first terror mission.

tl;dr? 

If you have a guy in an enemy’s line of sight, not in cover, and isn’t smoked, they’re dead. This is realistic. The aliens know exactly how to kill you. You have to outsmart them.

Edited by Xplodingducks
  • Like 1

Hahahaha I always enjoy reading the exchanges between Bhef and Charon :D!

@Morhem Yes this mod is much harder at the start now, you will very likely lose some troops until you research first stage armor and weapons, and even then you'll need to use a lot of smoke grenades, suppression and shield troopers. Biggest thing for me is correct use of smoke grenades will force the AI to reposition and if it cannot find a position with a high enough chance to hit it simply will not shoot at you, giving you valuable time to get good cover.

I played back in 99.1 or 99.2 and the early game was not this hard before definitely, the AI is MUCH smarter now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Xplodingducks said:

is is hard... wait until the first terror mission.

u have a guy in an enemy’s line of sight, not in cover, and isn’t smoked, they’re dead. This is realistic. The aliens know exactly how to kill you. You have to outsmart them.

Fair enough.. I remember terror missions from when I played before. Reapers are my cryptonite. And androns are my cryptonite. And Sebillan officers are also my cryptonite. And my complete inability to smoke out sebillan leaders in base assault. 

Dam.. you suggest playing non-Iron Mode? Becouse It seems save-loading is the only real advantage I can have..

4 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Hahahaha I always enjoy reading the exchanges between Bhef and Charon :D!

@Morhem Yes this mod is much harder at the start now, you will very likely lose some troops until you research first stage armor and weapons, and even then you'll need to use a lot of smoke grenades, suppression and shield troopers. Biggest thing for me is correct use of smoke grenades will force the AI to reposition and if it cannot find a position with a high enough chance to hit it simply will not shoot at you, giving you valuable time to get good cover.

I played back in 99.1 or 99.2 and the early game was not this hard before definitely, the AI is MUCH smarter now.

My beef with AI is occasional suicide tactics - sometimes bastards just sprint at you, unload, and die - but there is a lot of them, and not a lot of me..

11 hours ago, Xplodingducks said:

The mod developer took 3 ON THE FIRST ENGAGEMENT.

I guess you mean this ?

Actually it was 4, 2 survived.

3 hours ago, Morhem said:

My beef with AI is occasional suicide tactics - sometimes bastards just sprint at you, unload, and die - but there is a lot of them, and not a lot of me..

If you put the KI in a humans hands you will hardly find a better tactical approach, no ? Not being aggressively predictable so that they rush you everytime, but also not predictable in the defense behaviour. Just the right mix of offense and defense with the right motivation to take a risk if it can kill a xenonaut.

People wanted a better AI, here you go ;).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charon said:

I guess you mean this ?

Actually it was 4, 2 survived.

If you put the KI in a humans hands you will hardly find a better tactical approach, no ? Not being aggressively predictable so that they rush you everytime, but also not predictable in the defense behaviour. Just the right mix of offense and defense with the right motivation to take a risk if it can kill a xenonaut.

People wanted a better AI, here you go ;).

Thanks Charon!

People get angry with these tactics that the AI does, but it is smart. That’s the best way to slow you down. My personal least favorite is the urban maps, where they hide in bathrooms and you have to clear it room by room. Eventually I grew tired enough of loosing guys clearing bathrooms that I just threw flame grenades and C4 into every bathroom I could find... Instead of assualting a building, I launched a rocket into it. 

I know it sounds weird, but you have to use scorched earth to win. Collateral damage is just a number with a dollar symbol after all.

51 minutes ago, Charon said:

Forums download is gone, and will be back up when @Solver fixes it. All hail to the king :).

Who’s the evil bastard that told the AI to hide in buildings and stay there, scaring the shit out of me with reaction fire every time. Also who was the twat who put a SEBILLIAN IN A BATHROOM WITH A FLAMETHROWER.

i want to yell at them. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Xplodingducks said:

Who’s the evil bastard that told the AI to hide in buildings and stay there, scaring the shit out of me with reaction fire every time. Also who was the twat who put a SEBILLIAN IN A BATHROOM WITH A FLAMETHROWER.

i want to yell at them. 

Not me.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Morhem said:

Fair enough.. I remember terror missions from when I played before. Reapers are my cryptonite. And androns are my cryptonite. And Sebillan officers are also my cryptonite. And my complete inability to smoke out sebillan leaders in base assault. 

Dam.. you suggest playing non-Iron Mode? Becouse It seems save-loading is the only real advantage I can have..

I personally do not play Iron Mode, there are soo many weapons and researches and things I want to try out, I like to use new equipment on test ground combat / air combat, to see if I like it or not. If I do then I play like normal, if not I'll reload the mission and change gear.

On 18.4.2018 at 12:20 AM, Morhem said:

Sebillans now apparently have farther vision then me, in broad daylight

So true...

Back in my old days of beginning with Xenonauts modding i remember there was one single file with all those Research dependencies. I am an Phase 2 already and havent discovered alenmium explosive... and dont know what i missed. Anyone could help out?

10 hours ago, Tailtia said:

Really want to download this, but every time I click the download link it directs me to the root forum menu, am I missing something?

Download sections down, you can totally praise @Solver for upgrading the forum software ;).

Use this MEGA links for the direct download of step 4 instead:

1. https://mega.nz/#!tR5HiDzC!zYEY4CFu_uiptRIJCQkhVcoT-xroNOz-zdC_ByymqL8
2. https://mega.nz/#!oM5xFDwI!5_Qq2i5rg17HNGbpdQ1qWgc4BeOiUpOb-BbTnzzbaWE
3. https://mega.nz/#!cI4UBCqa!wY4ozZOm50mit3OrBufQVFPlTUoAofpRyVk_SFepSwA

and for step 2 of the update:

1. https://mega.nz/#!1QpDWLIA!xavuzJOVHnRaLi1vVHW_Oh-sPiOdaWAeZbj-tx3uNx4

2 hours ago, BHef said:

Back in my old days of beginning with Xenonauts modding i remember there was one single file with all those Research dependencies. I am an Phase 2 already and havent discovered alenmium explosive... and dont know what i missed. Anyone could help out?

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BHef said:

i am still missing techs, not x-division origin but vanilla, like advanced medpack or combat shields. They are not inculded in your posted tech tree? Any help where i can find them?

For medkits - try to catch some sibil medic (they really know how regen fast ;)). For shields - armor and alloy related researches will be handy, and alien shields of course (caesans use them).