[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

13 hours ago, Pandi said:

@Phoenix1x+52 sent me save and ask to deal with fighters using dedicated crafts with certain weapons. I could hardly resist the desire to test the other alien ships, for to not spoil the 4th phase.;)

You sick bastard, making it look way too easy. All my careful designed strategies look less impressive now ><. Well, at least we know now that there are multiple possibilities to beat that matchup.

Btw, the technique @Pandi uses is called "Wagging", its when you "wag" with the tail of your aircraft to have some increased benefits like

1. Max rotation speed ( rotation normally has a startup acceleration to up to 0.5 seconds )
  2. less speed ( can be noted that this can be postive as well as negative )
  3. UFO AI trickery ( UFOs will get slowed down too because they try to match you wagging a bit )
  4. projectile trickery

I would rather put these technique under the advanced tab for players. @Phoenix1x+52

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charon said:

Btw, the technique @Pandi uses is called "Wagging", its when you "wag" with the tail of your aircraft to have some increased benefits like

1. Max rotation speed ( rotation normally has a startup acceleration to up to 0.5 seconds )

Exactly. It's hard to overestimate the ability to turn with full speed right at the moment when it really needed, especially on not-agile ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandi said:

Exactly. It's hard to overestimate the ability to turn with full speed right at the moment when it really needed, especially on not-agile ships.

There you go @Phoenix1x+52. You hear the words of the master. Now go and write your aircombat tutorial and dont forget the words of the high council ><.

• Like 1

its a 4 kb left over zip file...

Reload 50 Tu will be a problem as my soldier has 47 TU max... So basically he is too dumb to reload?

edit: how should i add a geoscape save from a ground combat based problem??

Edited by BHef

Yea it's TUs problem. The other guy outside building could reload easily.  I had this issue many times when I forgot about TUs restrictions and wondered about why my rocket launcher guy can't reload it, sometimes it's frustrating but then it's commanders fault. Why I take overweighted guy to fight aliens ;). 

15 minutes ago, BHef said:

edit: how should i add a geoscape save from a ground combat based problem??

In the same way everybody else would. Grab the first available Geoscape save you can get. In your case abort the mission.

7 minutes ago, BHef said:

well, he is not overweight. Then it is a design flaw that a laser rifle cant be reloaded from a dumb grunt...

This was intended. Some weapons are for some rookies and not for others. The blame pretty much goes to the commander who cant read the tooltip and gave his soldier a weapon he cant reload ... . ;)

Well, at least i found the error beeing on my side. Nevertheless a Rookie not beeing able reloading a silly Mark I Laser Rifle by plugging out a magazine and inserting a new one is just plain stupid...wonder how he is able to fire this thing...