[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

3 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

Well i am on Steam so i have no idea. Ill drop in a bug report and see what that brings up. It works fine usually though which is the odd thing.

Hm, where do you usually start your game from ? Like what do you click ?

3 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

From steam usually. I have everything up to date, unless steam doesn't actually have the latest version of the Community Edition which is highly unlikely. And like i said i've completely re-installed the game a few times and keep having the same problem.

Im running out of ideas ... .

What i can tell about the problem is that some data gets taken ( the main picture ), and some does not ( the overwritten UI elements in the main menu ). Check if X-Division 0.99 Beta\backgrounds\mainmenu\animations has some data in it.

If you quote what i wrote or write @Charon ill get a notification asap.

5 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

@Charon Seems to have some in there. Had a look through the other folders and only the 'storm' folder in the weapons GUI is empty.

1.png

I have no clue anymore. What you are seeing is the data which shoudl actually overwrite the UI elements in the main menu, but it looks like they are not getting taken. Can you show me the bottom of your modloader ?

Otherwise the only thing i can think of is to ask a friend to try it out on their computer and backtrack the problem from there, or buy a new one. Did you delete the scripts ?

2 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

@CharonI deleted the script. And currently i don't have access to someone elses computer. If i can't sort it tonight then i may as well call it quits and try in the next update or so to see if it was just a one off.

1.png

2.png

Ok, this should be it. Dont have anything below any XCE file.

Your lowest mods should be.

4. Extra map pack
3. Balance
2. Setting
1. Base mod

So again: move up all your deactivated mods i see here up and ABOVE any XCE mod/file:

5 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

2.png

@Charon Oh, they were above before. I just quickly switched between regular Xeno and the Community pack to see if it would do anything to fix the problem. Didn't help that i forgot to turn everything back on lol. Even after re-arranging it, it doesn't seem to have changed much. Ill try overwriting the patch and see what that does.

Edited by vx10000222

9 minutes ago, vx10000222 said:

@Charon Oh, they were above before. I just quickly switched between regular Xeno and the Community pack to see if it would do anything to fix the problem. Didn't help that i forgot to turn everything back on lol. Even after re-arranging it, it doesn't seem to have changed much.

Hm ... but you only delete your scripts once ? I mean, the file regenerates automatically, you only have to delete it once.

Edited by Charon

also the antivirus. try dissambling it while you play.

put steam to keep your game up to date always

check game file integrity with steam

try installing a fresh install on another partition

dont start from within steam, launch the desktop shortcut

Edited by Phoenix1x+52

38 minutes ago, Phoenix1x+52 said:

@sergeant: think you could make aliens drop two ammo clips? should be more encouraging in picking up their weapons. 

Mean me ?

We can, but that would totally flip the balance of researching better weaponry. Why even do that when you get better ones as soon as you kill your first alien ? I think the ammo balance is fine for now.

4 hours ago, a23s4a said:

1) The rocket launcher and antimatter cannon mk2 get reloaded when moved to the inventory though there are no ammo for them left.

Geoscape or GC ?

4 hours ago, a23s4a said:

2) The electronic precision rifle doesn't have the aimed shoot mode availavle. Only snap.

I see ... you are right. Fixed. It has normal and snap now.