[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

31 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

i aprove this except in two aspects:

first i would prefer weapons stay like they are now, with the change only in mk3 truly advanced weapons:

mk1 requires alien alloys:
mk2 requires cores and AA.
mk3 requires mk2 and alenium.

This has already been changed in Charons Changes mod which isnt anywhere available but on my computer yet.

31 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

why i say this?, i dont know you, but i would dislike a lot the micro to proude all three variants just to produce one, mk1 and mk2 in my experience becomes the "standar" equipment for your troops(specially true with mk1), so you always needs like a dozen of mk1 weapons for my newbies/replacement guys....but with mk2 i use them with my more experienced troops like officer or more "specialized troops (engineers, a guy with c4 and explosive to breaching ufos,the rocketeer, etc). Why i say this...because having to manufacture a lot of stuff in order to get more stuff becomes tedious and a kind of struggle.....Mk3 are fairly scarce and most a commodity than anything else, so most of the time the guys who use mk2, also ends using mk3, so its seems INTUITIVE to destroy one to get the others. Proportionally i tend to use like 20 mk1 as STANDAR EQUIPTMENT and a mixture of 5-10 mk2 and mk3 AS ADVANCED/ELITE EQUIPMENT (what i means is , if you use  a mk2 to a mk3..the numbers of ADVANCED weapons you have keeps the same , they still are 10...while using mk1 to make mk2 and then mk3, you sustract weapons for one "tier" to another "tier" efectively getting rid of this proportion and having you make more mk1 weapons every few days is a hassle...right now i just make 20 mk1 weapons and forget about them , then my focus on weapon manufacture is only in mk2 and mk3 versions)

i dont know if i explain myself right, but what i mean is in every tier, mk1 should not be touched or being material for more manufacture because they tend to became the standar weapon of that tier, so having to need then for another stuff is like needing mag weapons to produce rail...if there is the tme you lost a rail rifle because something happened...then you have to scroll up and search for the older weapon manufacture it and then continue step by step....and this is essentially a innesesary hassle (because as i said, most of the time your mk2 bearers finish using mk3 versions anyway).

sorry if i repeat myself a lot times, but i struggle to explain myself without my native language xD.

Dito !

33 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

Btw this is more to solver than a Xdivision petition...is there any way to "fix"/"attach" a number to every production or item in the xenopaedia?

what i mean for this is for example light scout is number 1398 entry and normal scout is 1399......so no matter if i spend three monts capturing scouts and even corvettes after you find a light scout it "updates" the xpedia and automatically "sorts" itself.

Dito. You can manually fix this by changeing the manufacture file, save it, exit, revert the change and save again. Then the manufacture tabs get nicely sorted.

Phase 3 WHY? WHY couldn't Phase 2 go for another two months???

Anyway i found two bug/odd behaviour.

After Ufo's just wreck my airforces, they attack one of my offshore bases, full of rookies. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

The ten missile defence hit several time, but not enought to crash the ufo, so i, terrified, start the mission.

Practically, i killed three xenomorphs. A great part of the forces just kill themselves with explosions collateral damage trying to destroy my furniture. Only two Caesan and 2 Cyberdisks survives. I take care of them (and the Cyberdisk took plenty of my privateers) but there is no way i could target the last Cyberdisk (nor it could attack me). It's stuck in the breaching zone.

I have a save if you need it.

6 hours ago, YaK said:

Phase 3 WHY? WHY couldn't Phase 2 go for another two months???

Anyway i found two bug/odd behaviour.

After Ufo's just wreck my airforces, they attack one of my offshore bases, full of rookies. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

The ten missile defence hit several time, but not enought to crash the ufo, so i, terrified, start the mission.

Practically, i killed three xenomorphs. A great part of the forces just kill themselves with explosions collateral damage trying to destroy my furniture. Only two Caesan and 2 Cyberdisks survives. I take care of them (and the Cyberdisk took plenty of my privateers) but there is no way i could target the last Cyberdisk (nor it could attack me). It's stuck in the breaching zone.

I have a save if you need it.

I did not make the phases so long so you don't get bored with same things. So every phase is nearly same time. Do you think phase 2 need more time? What did you miss? And what difficulty. 

Phase 3 hits hard so you need to be prepared. Phase 4 is.. heh..

Phase 3 will have probably a totally new race too. A race which even preators fear. I can name them "unbalanceds"  so at least I can have a excuse for their powers.

1 hour ago, drages said:

I did not make the phases so long so you don't get bored with same things. So every phase is nearly same time. Do you think phase 2 need more time? What did you miss? And what difficulty. 

Phase 3 will have probably a totally new race too. A race which even preators fear. I can name them "unbalanceds"  so at least I can have a excuse for their powers.

Yeah that's good or the ground combat can become boring. The only bad thing is RNG can be really harsh, in my current play through I'm nearing end of Phase 2 and I haven't been able to develop laser technology due to most crash sites I can make it to rolling Sebillian.

And then when I get Caesan the weapons officer has died in the crash :( bad luck is really gimping my weapon choices as you really need to develop both main weapon lines.

2 hours ago, Lament said:

O_o  Could you explain that more precisely :) ?

I tried to figure it out again, but couldnt reproduce it. All i know is that i changed some files, presumely the manufactures.xml, and the tabs were sorted after their manufacture order.

I wouldnt recommend doing it though, who knows what it will do with the game, apart from that i dont even know how i did that XD.

So we´ve been working hard on the 0 cd bug fix but we are still on the trail. We know that the bug occurs when loading/saveing a save file. The game seems to forget all ongoing cds when that happens. This also occurs for a geoscape load after GC.

Therefore here is the

0 cd bug Workaround

1. As soon as a Terror site or Base attack happens, write down the date and save and exit.

2. Change the Chance for this mission to occur like shown here

AM_Terror.xml for terror sites and

AM_BaseAttack.xml for base attacks.

3. Count the numbers of days from your last terror site and/or base attack. For X-Division its 30 for terror attacks and 40 for base attacks. If you have Charons Changes it is 22 and 25 respectively.

4. After 30/40 or 22/25 days save and exit the game. Change the values to their original ones once again. Continue playing like normal.

5. Rinse and Repeat for every time a terror attack occurs.

Not really elegant but this way you can play the game like it was intended instead of getting steamrolled every wave with some few additional handmoves.

Edited by Charon

7 hours ago, Draku said:

Yes I need it.

UPDATE:

In the zip you'll find

"Bug" save, that was saved just before posting my precedent comment here on the forum, as i noticed the bugs. The strange thing is that today i reloaded it and the cyberdisk was still stuck, but targettable (and it killed my man that prior was "safely" positioned under its belly :D)

and

"Autosave2", that is the autosave at the beginning of the same battle, that could be helpful to see how the AI acts and if it's behaviour it's reproducible. As a side note, in my first attempt i positioned ALL my tropps inside the command room.

To summarize, i experienced three strange behaviours:

• Cyberdisk blocked in the breaching point PLUS unable to actually hit him or being hitted by him, at leas in my first attempt.
  • AI killed himself shooting with explosive (and/or toxic) weapons at my furniture in short range. You could just notice the three Xenomorphs near my command room (i killed them, yay!), the two Caesan just outside (killed them too) and the "area of effect" of the explosion of one of the Cyberdisk, just outside my command room. Al the other ones committed assisted suicide, i was able to actually see a wraith shooting itsels to death against a desktop.
  • My defender is blocked in the command room.
6 hours ago, drages said:

I was "Ironic". I haven't had time to explore yet the beginning of phase 3. Anyway i would have liked a couple of waves more, just to have the possibility of researching something new and/or have time to build a little more things.

I am not really complaining, just don't like to be cut off some updrades at the end of every phase, i assume to impossibility of getting some interrogations. Don't like a lot this approach, since RNG make things really out of your controll, i really tried to stun everything (as a side note, it's REALLY difficult to stun Harridan's, since they tend to always float and crash to the terrain when stunned. It was easier to stun reaper's :/) but just haven't had the opportunity to SEE every unit alive in a crashsite/landed ufo.

savegames-base attacked.zip

DAY 27 Patch 0.99.3  https://mega.nz/#!ZIJECBAa!qhgk4nkSeHydM6MJ2hyeB_gkriik22RpPlyzt4sBGm0 ( MD5: e23f6aba3b50ddaad12b726e60ad85c5 )

Big changes: As of 0.99.3 X-Division no longer needs the Part 2 mod because the research file is now a merged one. So please deactivate X-Division 0.99 Beta Part 2 mod in the modlauncher if you are playing X-Division 0.99.3 or higher. This will cause the no click issue to your save game. To fix this, start up the game, go straight to new game, start a new game, load your save, save your current playthrough. Exit and reenter. This should now be fixed.

• Fixed some pics, maps and props on a xenonaut base attack are fully destructable now
  • scrollbutton fixed
  • Researches.AlienPlasmaTechnology should be researchable again
  • A lot more research descriptions have been done
  • A lot of bug fixes
  • A lot more i cant remember
Edited by Charon

Just finished an Alien Fortress attack mission, at the beginning of phase 3 (it was in the transition).

I succesfully finished it without any casualty, but just because Alpha Reapers didn't zombify my units. It seem that every time they are in line of sight, they stop the turn near my units but don't zombify them. It happened just one time, when they crawl behind me without being seen.

Maybe they feel empathy and when look in my terrorized eyes they don't have the earth to zombify me? Who knows.

And it's pretty lucky, cause it seems that the AI now tend to hide very well in every fucking corner (it's happened a lot that Sebillian seems to spawn behind me from nowhere).

To begin with, thank you very much for the nice mod.

I noticed that every time I start xenonauts.exe the priority and the state (on/off) of installed mods in mod launcher changes. Should I every time set these values as they should be?

Update: Have tried after some break and now the sequence is correct, maybe it was just a temporary issue.

Edited by merti
update

4 hours ago, merti said:

To begin with, thank you very much for the nice mod.

I noticed that every time I start xenonauts.exe the priority and the state (on/off) of installed mods in mod launcher changes. Should I every time set these values as they should be?

Update: Have tried after some break and now the sequence is correct, maybe it was just a temporary issue.

Thank you too.. i would just say that somehow you could have an older XCE version because it handled with the last one as 0.34.1. Nice it hear that u handled it.

The Antimatter Sniper Rifle seems to be too heavy.

This weapon was researched and built during phase 1.

Phase 2 has just begun but I still cannot give the rifle to anybody in the team.

My experienced sniper can only take the weapon itself  and the wolf-armor.

He cannot take any additional ammo pack for this weapon because he gets very overloaded.

The soldier carrying the sniper rifle with only one cartridge inside without additional ammo pack is very reliable and funny for the whole team :-)

Edited by a23s4a
added some info

Hello there! Bit of a question: It seems I cannot wear Fox armor. I have 3 items in the storage, but it just dont appear in the armor selection for soldiers. What am I doing wrong?

UPD: I also cannot equip AW Mauser, Fighter Beam, and probably something else. Have I messed up my installation? 0_o

Edited by Morhem

3 hours ago, Morhem said:

Hello there! Bit of a question: It seems I cannot wear Fox armor. I have 3 items in the storage, but it just dont appear in the armor selection for soldiers. What am I doing wrong?

UPD: I also cannot equip AW Mauser, Fighter Beam, and probably something else. Have I messed up my installation? 0_o

Probably, you got the problem.. you installed XCE, right?

4 hours ago, a23s4a said:

The Antimatter Sniper Rifle seems to be too heavy.

This weapon was researched and built during phase 1.

Phase 2 has just begun but I still cannot give the rifle to anybody in the team.

My experienced sniper can only take the weapon itself  and the wolf-armor.

He cannot take any additional ammo pack for this weapon because he gets very overloaded.

The soldier carrying the sniper rifle with only one cartridge inside without additional ammo pack is very reliable and funny for the whole team :-)

Antimatter sniper is your ultimate phase 1 weapon. So you need to have a good carry capacity soldier with him or you need to use less armour.

I have chosen Community edition in betas in steam, installation says [community], so yes.. Should I try to reinstall everything? AWACS and fighter has no image in hangar, cannot mount Aleinium cannon on my defender... I followed install instructions to the letter.. I think.

3 minutes ago, Morhem said:

I have chosen Community edition in betas in steam, installation says [community], so yes.. Should I try to reinstall everything? AWACS and fighter has no image in hangar, cannot mount Aleinium cannon on my defender... I followed install instructions to the letter.. I think.

Your install messed up. A good reinstall could handle the problem.

1 hour ago, Sectiplave said:

How! I tried the Fortress mission in Phase 2 and I got completely wiped out, first turn I swear at least 7 xenomorphs walked into the starting room :D

I don't know! Usually also Outposts/Bases was really harsh, but this time it was a piece of cake! Two Praetorians and the didn't brutalize me! How Strange!

I have three questions:

1. After my first succesfull Crashedsite in what i thought was phase III, i get a new label in the Manufacture screen with phase IV weapons DSB. The same thing happened before. I had Phase III while playing what i believe was phase II. Is this normal? Exactly WHEN the various phases starts? Right now i am fighting "Hunters", "Cruisers" and so son. Am i in P3 or P4?
  2. During tactical combat i always try to use everything i can. I generally pick up Local Forces weapons (when they die) and use them when i am scarce with ammo and, generally speaking, bring them back to base and give them to "Rookie" troops in secondary bases. Until now they had MK1 Ballistic/Laser weapons. At the beginning of this new phase they have different projectiles, so i assumed the use new weapon level, but when i inspect their dead boides, they carry nothing. What's happening?
  3. Aircraft hardpoint don't work like intended, right? Lancer have just 1 slot when it should have 2 and Sonda hase two instead of  4.
Edited by YaK
update