[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

2 minutes ago, Hungarry said:

MEGAlink to  Charons Changes died... file was deleted.

Works fine for me, must be MEGA, I´ve uplaoded a new link if you didnt check.

3 minutes ago, Hungarry said:

copieng twohanded items from ofhand... its normal? literaly, i can grab from offhand and clone items... sad but alien weapons not(

its possible, but not intended. So its a bug rather than a feature. In other words, dont use it.

9 hours ago, Charon said:

9 hours ago, kubi said:

Some Division MK-I and MK-II weapons have the same specs:

weapon.division.heavymk1 - weapon.division.heavymk2

weapon.division.cannonmk1 - weapon.division.cannonmk2

Edit: some MK-III too

specs ? stats or tooltips ?

>> I'm usually looking at the XML files.

9 hours ago, kubi said:

Looking into manufactures.xml:

It seems that disassembling alien weapons give strange number of energy cores. For example

5AWP -> 4EC while 3xAWHP -> 2EC, so
1EC=1.25AWP
1EC=1.5AWHP
----------------------
Means AWP > AWHP

thats correct

>> "Correct" as it is incorrect (a light pistol gives more stuff than a heavy), or "correct" as somehow it should be like this?

About MK weapons: I dont know which xml files you looked but they are different. The stat change is low, i accept that and it' because they are tier 1 weapons and can't make them much different. MK-3 weapons got much more tricks like one more bullet at auto or autoshot ability to single fire weapons.

About core manufactures, the pistols are pistols.. so even it's heavy or not they are little weapons and a 0.25 core difference is not so important.

6 hours ago, drages said:

About MK weapons: I dont know which xml files you looked but they are different. The stat change is low, i accept that and it' because they are tier 1 weapons and can't make them much different. MK-3 weapons got much more tricks like one more bullet at auto or autoshot ability to single fire weapons.

About core manufactures, the pistols are pistols.. so even it's heavy or not they are little weapons and a 0.25 core difference is not so important.

assets/mods/X-Division 0.99 Beta/weapons.xml (417892 bytes)

weapon.division.heavymk1 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK1 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK1 balistic TRUE 240 14 48 1 10 5 2 ammo.division.heavymk1 50   Ballistics TRUE

weapon.division.heavymk2 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK2 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK2 balistic TRUE 240 14 48 1 10 5 2 ammo.division.heavymk2 50   Ballistics TRUE

Sorry for the format, copy&paste from Excel.

3 hours ago, Charon said:
6 hours ago, kubi said:

>> "Correct" as it is incorrect (a light pistol gives more stuff than a heavy), or "correct" as somehow it should be like this?

"correct" as somehow it should be like this !

Why does a smaller/lighter pistol give more resources than its bigger (still a pistol) counterpart? This does not sound reasonable.

Bug report.

When I use the medic kits (large or small versions) when I put them back into the backpack they DOUBLE...that is I get two medic kits for each one I use.  This did not happen in basic game so I guess it's something that cropped up in XDivision.  This could be used as a exploit to get medic kits during a battle.

17 minutes ago, kubi said:

assets/mods/X-Division 0.99 Beta/weapons.xml (417892 bytes)

weapon.division.heavymk1 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK1 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK1 balistic TRUE 240 14 48 1 10 5 2 ammo.division.heavymk1 50   Ballistics TRUE

weapon.division.heavymk2 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK2 weapons/Division/DivisionHeavyMK2 balistic TRUE 240 14 48 1 10 5 2 ammo.division.heavymk2 50   Ballistics TRUE

Sorry for the format, copy&paste from Excel.

Yes, most stats are taken from the weapons.xml not from the weapons.xml

16 minutes ago, kubi said:

Why does a smaller/lighter pistol give more resources than its bigger (still a pistol) counterpart? This does not sound reasonable.

I agree. The appropriate ratio would be 6 weapons for 5 cores. However, heavy weapons are rare, getting 6 of them to even start the DSB would be a niusance. This is why i am stuck with this ration.

14 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

When I use the medic kits (large or small versions) when I put them back into the backpack they DOUBLE...that is I get two medic kits for each one I use.  This did not happen in basic game so I guess it's something that cropped up in XDivision.  This could be used as a exploit to get medic kits during a battle.

Yes, you can dublicate medikits. This is because they consume 2 places now. We havent figured out how to fix this yet.

Trying to re-build the research graph I created a while ago :)

There is a typo in mods/X-Division 0.99 Beta/researches.xml:

For "Researches.AdvAlienPhaserTechnology" the string is

"Researches.AlienPhaserTechnology(AND)Researches.CaesanweaponsergeantInterrogation(AND)Researches.AlienPhaserHeavy/AND)Researches.AlienLightningTechnology"

But no such error in X-Division 0.99 Beta Part 2/researches.xml

10 minutes ago, kubi said:

Trying to re-build the research graph I created a while ago :)

There is a typo in mods/X-Division 0.99 Beta/researches.xml:

For "Researches.AdvAlienPhaserTechnology" the string is

"Researches.AlienPhaserTechnology(AND)Researches.CaesanweaponsergeantInterrogation(AND)Researches.AlienPhaserHeavy/AND)Researches.AlienLightningTechnology"

But no such error in X-Division 0.99 Beta Part 2/researches.xml

Thx for the catch, fixed.

Research graph from mods/X-Division 0.99 Beta/researches.xml :

http://www.mht.bme.hu/~kubi/xeno/researches.svg

Works in Firefox for sure. The graph is huge so you need to zoom out & scroll a lot.

The "chance functions" were removed from the graph.

There were some errors in the processing. I've just deleted them without any bug hunting, so the graph might not be complete.

Edited by kubi

First of all - thank you so much for this mod (or rather major conversion. ,major addon of content and so on).

I have a question. though. I am using Steam-Xenonauts version updated to v 1.65. Downloaded  X-Division 0.99 Beta and X-Division 0.99 Beta Part 2.  X-Division 0.99 Beta launched without any issues.  However, a weird glitch (or is it? maybe i screwed something over?) took place - aliens do not carry weapons. What so ever. None.

And advice on the matter?

Edited by Marinad

33 minutes ago, Marinad said:

First of all - thank you so much for this mod (or rather major conversion. ,major addon of content and so on).

I have a question. though. I am using Steam-Xenonauts version updated to v 1.65. Downloaded  X-Division 0.99 Beta and X-Division 0.99 Beta Part 2.  X-Division 0.99 Beta launched without any issues.  However, a weird glitch (or is it? maybe i screwed something over?) took place - aliens do not carry weapons. What so ever. None.

And advice on the matter?

Hey Marinad, welcome.

Do you have XCE 0.34.1 as Xenonauts Community Edition?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drages said:

Do you have XCE 0.34.1 as Xenonauts Community Edition

Yup. Steam-version, downloaded from workshop. Called "xcesteam" in Modding Tools options in game launcher.

Maybe it's not working correctly because i installed XCE first, and then installed Beta.  It looks like noone (well, for now at least) is experiencing  this weird thing, just me.

Edited by Marinad

Just now, Marinad said:
13 minutes ago, drages said:

Do you have XCE 0.34.1 as Xenonauts Community Edition

Yup. Steam-version, downloaded from workshop. Called "xcesteam" in Modding Tools options in game launcher.

Maybe it's not working correctly because i installed XCE first, and then installed Beta.

No the problem is the XCE is not a mod you can download from Steam. You need to choose XCE from betas.

Right click to Xenonauts at library, then properties. Choose Betas and then XCE.. the game will get an update and u will have the real XCE.

XCE is not a mod but a version of the game for modders mostly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, drages said:

Wow, i did screw up in a major way!

Thank you very much!

I will try this immediately! 

Update.

It worked! Those little buggers are fighting back! Thank you again!

Edited by Marinad

1 hour ago, Marinad said:
1 hour ago, drages said:

Wow, i did screw up in a major way!

Thank you very much!

I will try this immediately! 

Update.

It worked! Those little buggers are fighting back! Thank you again!

That buggers will fight harder then you imagine! Good luck commandeR!

"Before all of this, the aliens were fighting seriously with jokes, then we gave them weapons and now they are fighting seriously, jokeing about you" - Drages

"Your blinking dots on the hull look so awesome that its the first time i actually looked at the UFO in over 600 hours of gameplay time" -Charon

Hi Drages and Charon, thanks for the mod.

I'm not very deep into the mod (half-september, basically nothing) but I still have a couple remarks.

• The Flamethrower appears to be bugged and make the soldier's model disappear when equipped. Putting it into the backpack fixes the problem, until the flamer goes back to the soldier's hands. That's actually how I lost my first soldier, I couldn't see him so I left him near the alien door during a C4-assisted breach...
  • By the way, the Flamethrower looks VERY weak to me. The range and weight are already bad but the TU cost kills it. At 75% TU per burst, I don't care if it's the only way to one-shot Xenomorphs or not. I'm going to deal with these horrors the old fashioned way (glass the general area with incendiaries and sniper fire).
  • The early aliens appear to be very passive. Non-combattants run around and pretty much don't shoot at all. Guards are a tad more aggressive but still pretty far on the cautious side. I don't particularly mind the UFO doors being welded shut though. Sure, it's makes breaches much easier than Vanilla but breaching was hell in Vanilla (especially with Fire in the Hole).
  • Love the civilians. It actually feels like I'm defending an inhabited planet now. I'm not positive that I'll love them as much once I hit my first Reaper-enhanced Terror Mission though.
  • From the few bits I've seen, the air game is incredibly punishing. The two starting condors can barely keep their shit together against a Light Scout. For the rest, well, I've lost four condors in two weeks. One pair against a Fighter (I should have won but I massively screwed up the manual engagement), and one pair against a Scout (no error here, they stood no chance from the very start). This isn't a problem because the Scouts seem to love landing (keeping my cash flowing) but the Foxtrot can't come soon enough. Corvettes are going to be major FUN at this rate.
  • Did you improve the alien's stun armor? I recall capturing Sebillians in X-Div 0.98 by throwing flashbangs at them until they keeled over. In 0.99, a Caesian guard just went man-mode against three soldiers geared with shock batons. I had to shoot him dead before the shields failed.

15 days in and still no blood grenades. A day without blood grenades is a good day.

Hey TideofKhatanga

-Flamethrower will be handled soon.. its powerful weapon which you should not use it so easily.

-Early aliens are mostly non-combatants as you said with weak weapons. They will run if you attack with all squad. You need to capture them. And as i said, first 2 month is preparing/tutorial time.

-For little ufos yeah ufo doors help you but at bigger ufos we will see.. it's a new feature at testing.

-Air game questions goes to Charon and he said he will making some tutorials and it's well balanced. 

-Baton stunning problem, we know it and a patch will come for it as soon as possible with other bug fixes. BUT now ALL kind of damages make stun damage too. So hitting some with weapons and then baton spam could help more.

- Aggressive grenades will come later. Enjoy your good days! ;)

46 minutes ago, TideofKhatanga said:

The Flamethrower appears to be bugged and make the soldier's model disappear when equipped. Putting it into the backpack fixes the problem, until the flamer goes back to the soldier's hands. That's actually how I lost my first soldier, I couldn't see him so I left him near the alien door during a C4-assisted breach...

Thats hilarious. What were his last words ? " It´s not about getting invisible, its about becomeing visible again."

By the way, the Flamethrower looks VERY weak to me. The range and weight are already bad but the TU cost kills it. At 75% TU per burst, I don't care if it's the only way to one-shot Xenomorphs or not. I'm going to deal with these horrors the old fashioned way (glass the general area with incendiaries and sniper fire).

Dito

The early aliens appear to be very passive. Non-combattants run around and pretty much don't shoot at all. Guards are a tad more aggressive but still pretty far on the cautious side. I don't particularly mind the UFO doors being welded shut though. Sure, it's makes breaches much easier than Vanilla but breaching was hell in Vanilla (especially with Fire in the Hole).

I cant agree, its more like the lack of alien support makes them more cautious. That will cease once corvette become available so 69 days into the game.

Love the civilians. It actually feels like I'm defending an inhabited planet now. I'm not positive that I'll love them as much once I hit my first Reaper-enhanced Terror Mission though.

You will love teh game though. Have you ever fought against a stream of halfly morphed reapers while feeling the sound of bullets hiting you back and front all produced by 2 reapers alone. Wheres the picture ? Ah, right.

ReaperRevenge.png

And that was only half of the population.

55 minutes ago, TideofKhatanga said:

From the few bits I've seen, the air game is incredibly punishing. The two starting condors can barely keep their shit together against a Light Scout. For the rest, well, I've lost four condors in two weeks. One pair against a Fighter (I should have won but I massively screwed up the manual engagement), and one pair against a Scout (no error here, they stood no chance from the very start). This isn't a problem because the Scouts seem to love landing (keeping my cash flowing) but the Foxtrot can't come soon enough. Corvettes are going to be major FUN at this rate.

Yes, the Airgame is painted in my needs. Gone are the times where you said "The first UFO, ah, one condor should be able to take care of that". Condors are BAD, very BAD. You are practically fighting with sticks and stones right now. My advice: get as many condors as you can get. My first base has 9 hangars, my second base has 8, and my third base has 10 hangars. Build them all on your first day. ... the bases i mean.

With some more experience you will be able to handle the airfights pretty easily. I mean, they are scouts and lightscouts after all ... . But you can only make experience if you have enough condors. Soon you will know EXACTLY what to do and how to behave in the airfight. At this point corvettes will crush your dreams. Just ... at ... the ... right ... time. When you thought you started to be able to handle the fight for air supremecy. What will follow are a lot of smokeing airplanes and your need to think a way out of this mess.

Heres how you L2P:

• Knowledge: This is the first step. Collect information. The most important information is the HP. You will only get this information AFTER you brought that specific UFO down and SUCCESSFULLY raided it.
    The next step is to count your total dmg. Do i have enough dmg to bring this UFO down ? Other questions are:
    How fast is this UFO ?
    Can i outturn it ? Can it outturn me ?
    What weapons does it use ?
    After some time you will get a handle on the information and put it together what this UFO is so special about. Let me stress this again: You can only learn through EXPERIENCE. Nobody has yet learned how to handle a situation without having a minimum of experience. This means destroyed aircraft. Learn to handle that you are up against the unknown.

• Get the right aircraft/weapon lodout: This means that you learn what weapon is good in what situation and equipt it on the appropriate aircraft. An example is the fighter UFO in the first Phase. Get Asierus and 2 short range mauser cannons and you will destroy a fighter 1 on 1 with only sustaining 15 % dmg. Learn what aircraft is good against what UFO. Learn how a weapon behaves. ADAPT your aircraft/weapon lodout to YOUR PLAYSTYLE.

• DECISIONS: This is the utmost perfection of the airgame. After you learned how your enemy behaves and learned to deploy simple and advanced tactics like baiting, holding down, piercing, rolling into the enemy, choseing the right angle, fishing, throttleing and learned how to have the appropriate aircraft and weapon lodout, tailored to YOUR playstyle you will know what is possible. Than you will have different options in your had tho choose from. Do i make it simply but lose one foxtrot ? Do i have enough fuel to bait it out ? Do i do 50% dmg and draw back and reengage again ? Is it worth it to sustain 40% dmg on this aircraft. These are ALL your options. Choseing from ALL of this options is a GEOSCAPE decision which will determine your future options and possbilities, thus setting your path to victory or defeat.

Why is it so hard ?

Its not, it has specific goals:

1. Throw you into a situation where you are CLEARLY inferior. Activate your brain and think your way out of it. Its just an AI after all, not a human.
  2. The gradual mastering of the situation is an immense factor of satisfaction, provided you can do it. Try again or start on lower difficulties.
  3. Baffling you RIGHT at the time you think you are starting to get a grip on it, throwing you in another crisis. Saying "Start to learn to fight your way out of disadvantageous positions."
  • This is the most important point: Decisions. Even if a moderate skilled person with the right aircraft/weapon lodout cannot switch on the autowin button, but has to make a decision on how he wants to play his cards/aircrafts. If he screws up he screws up. If he hesitates in the wrong moment, he may pay the price for it. Theres no clear right or wrong. Its an individual experience which shows you and your way with dealing with challenging uncertainties, most importantly it shows YOUR way. There will never be a "OMG, its that UFO again. This is so boring"

or you activate Easy Airgame

2 hours ago, TideofKhatanga said:

Did you improve the alien's stun armor? I recall capturing Sebillians in X-Div 0.98 by throwing flashbangs at them until they keeled over. In 0.99, a Caesian guard just went man-mode against three soldiers geared with shock batons. I had to shoot him dead before the shields failed.

No, the stun batons simply have low dmg. The reason for this is 1. its actual hard in the beginning to stun aliens 2. Half of the dmg gets dealt as stun dmg so weaken your pokemo ... i mean alien into the red.

But stun batons are not the only way to deal with challenges like this. Caesan have high stun dmg weapons ... get it ? But there are other possibilities hidden everywhere. Start looking, batons are bad for a reason :).

15 days in and still no blood grenades. A day without blood grenades is a good day.

Phase 3.

Sure, it's makes breaches much easier than Vanilla but breaching was hell in Vanilla (especially with Fire in the Hole).

This is a feature as it is a bug. This was introduced to stop aggressive aliens from leaving the UFO to hunt you down. When we can make them stay inside the UFO we can start to think about unlocking them again. And i agree. This makes breaching a piece of a cake.

about the doors perma-closed feature...if only the aliens could be cappable to open the door...it would be fantastic, the main problem of the doors setup right now is that the aliens lost the "peek-a shoot" behaviour they had before and thats was the thing ufo breaching was so deadly before xD.

3 hours ago, blackwolf said:

about the doors perma-closed feature...if only the aliens could be cappable to open the door...it would be fantastic, the main problem of the doors setup right now is that the aliens lost the "peek-a shoot" behaviour they had before and thats was the thing ufo breaching was so deadly before xD.

As charon said, it's because of the new AI. They are going out and chasing you if i open it. But i am still working on it.