Jump to content
Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Recommended Posts

@Charon Quick question,

 

I started with manual airgame and after struggling with zero victories I resorted to using auto resolve, which in of itself is a painful quickload RNG endeavour.

 

Is it possible to reinstall but enabling no airgame this time WITH my current save? That wouldn't break it would it?

Edited by javut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, javut said:

@Charon Quick question,

 

I started with manual airgame and after struggling with zero victories I resorted to using auto resolve, which in of itself is a painful quickload RNG endeavour.

 

Is it possible to reinstall but enabling no airgame this time WITH my current save? That wouldn't break it would it?

You can turn on/off No airgame at any point during a non GC save. Go to your modloader and simply activate it No airgame.

 

Modloader.45.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Charon, is there any particular place I can post a bug report? For the time being I'll post two here, they might have already been submitted.

 

First is a bug with the Workshop, where the list of tasks I can do has increased to the point where I need to scroll through them. Problem is now the last item, which unfortunately is Wreckages, can't be selected because the 'Manage Construction' button is clipping over it. Here is an example https://my.mixtape.moe/tvdenh.mp4

 

Second is an issue with Medpacks, I can't recall which research event it was specifically but I do remember seeing something about 'Improved healing capabilities of Medpacks', yet even after that research my Medpacks aren't healing anymore than before.

Edited by javut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, javut said:

First is a bug with the Workshop, where the list of tasks I can do has increased to the point where I need to scroll through them. Problem is now the last item, which unfortunately is Wreckages, can't be selected because the 'Manage Construction' button is clipping over it. Here is an example https://my.mixtape.moe/tvdenh.mp4

Your scripts are not deleted. Run the installer again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charon said:

Your scripts are not deleted. Run the installer again.

 

Ran the installer and the patch, the button is still clipping.

 

Is it my mod order?

5WIFhEE.png

 

Everything is unchanged from installation, did XCE, then XCE mods, then 99.4 then 99.45

Edited by javut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@javut The modloader order looks to be correct.

What OS are you running and what does your game run on ?

 

Solution 1.
Manually go into your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal and delete the scripts folder. Then start the game and see if there is any difference.

For reference, this is what it should look like:

Unbenannt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, javut said:

few projects which appear bugged.

They are ok.

 

Whats your vanilla and XCE version ( no guessing ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v1.59 for the GOG version, and then XCE 0.34.3 with the fixed mod files you posted.

Edited by javut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, javut said:

IIRC v1.59 for the GOG version, and then XCE 0.34.3 with the fixed mod files you posted.

You need 1.65 as the base vanilla version. Look at the title, it says [1.65/X.CE V0.34.3] X-Division 0.99 Beta :).

Edited by Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right! I just realised, the GOG version is originally 2.2.0.12 and I have to try to decipher what that means in relation to the Steam version.

 

My mistake, do you think if I updated the GOG version and reinstalled X-Division that it would break the save?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, javut said:

My mistake, do you think if I updated the GOG version and reinstalled X-Division that it would break the save?

uhm ... it shouldnt soft break the game. But it could hard break the game, which you will immediately see. Nobody can really answer that question, in case of doubt start new.

I would also say you dont need to reinstall everything, since only base files are missing, but who knows.

 

So if you dont immediatelly see something broken it should work, but no guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, javut said:

Alright thanks again, love the mod!

I´ve updated the installation description with your feedback. Keep it up :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the the dedicated fighters(with 2 cannon hardpoint) are so much better than the fighter( cannon and light hardpoint) in every phase both against larger and smaller UFOs.....is this supposed to be intended??.... can someone tell me how you use the both fighters in the air battles??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ralph_09 said:

I feel the the dedicated fighters(with 2 cannon hardpoint) are so much better than the fighter( cannon and light hardpoint) in every phase both against larger and smaller UFOs.....is this supposed to be intended??.... can someone tell me how you use the both fighters in the air battles??

Dedicated fighters with two cannon hardpoints are very good against alien fighters and small-middle sized UFOs (Scouts, Corvettes, Cruisers). They are very good in clearing the escort of very large UFOs and quickly leaving the fight. Three human fighters with powerful short range weapon on both slots (focus blast) can take out fighters, heavy fighters and hunters in seconds just head on losing only about 10% HP.

Fighters with one cannon and one light hardpoint are more effective against larger UFOs where their missiles do much damage at a safe distance (e.g. low sonic missiles) and larger UFOs cannot evade missile attacks very easily. With an anti missile device on the light hardpoint they can divert attention of terror Dreadnought and make its homing missile fire useless. I used this tactics to make a carousel with the Terror dreadnought (its escort was already history) while heavy torpedo carriers fired their whole loadout at it and leave the fight without taking any damage to attack it with next triple.

Edited by a23s4a
corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello, I do not know if you know it, but in addition to multiplying objects, first aid kits, 1 hand weapons, etc. I have found the way to multiply the bodies of dead and sleeping aliens, so you get more resources :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mohosillo said:

 

Hello, I do not know if you know it, but in addition to multiplying objects, first aid kits, 1 hand weapons, etc. I have found the way to multiply the bodies of dead and sleeping aliens, so you get more resources :)

It happens when you have bodies in soldier's inventory? I found out this too. Also, there is a bug on some tiles, that did not count items on them if you abandon the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I do it this way, first you need the space of a body in your backpack, you stand on top of the corpse, you take the corpse and place it in the space of the weapon, nothing happens, after doing that you put it in your backpack, and you will have one in the backpack plus another on the floor, and so you repeat "you must always try to place it first as a weapon" I am live on your twitch, you can try it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mohosillo said:

 

I do it this way, first you need the space of a body in your backpack, you stand on top of the corpse, you take the corpse and place it in the space of the weapon, nothing happens, after doing that you put it in your backpack, and you will have one in the backpack plus another on the floor, and so you repeat "you must always try to place it first as a weapon" I am live on your twitch, you can try it.

 

Oh, I see. Accidently done it once, and was confused. Now I know what happened, but will not abuse this though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mohosillo said:

 

Hello, I do not know if you know it, but in addition to multiplying objects, first aid kits, 1 hand weapons, etc. I have found the way to multiply the bodies of dead and sleeping aliens, so you get more resources :)

You really should not do such things.

The developers work very hard to make a balanced and challenging game/mod. Play better or use a lower difficulty level - both are much better ideas than abusing such bugs.

Edited by Marandor1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mohosillo Its totally fine if you write such exploits on the forum. WE WANT TO KNOW ! Marandor is right in the prospect that you shouldnt advocate this kind of playstyle, but nobody is going to dig through 84 forum pages just to discover exploits for the game, so the forum is definitely the right place to talk about it.

@Marandor1 Its right that you want to tell players not to use exploits for a regular playthrough. Thank you for that. However, the forum is definitely the place to talk about everything X-Division related, including exploits, as it does not see such a visibility as a playthrough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×