[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

4 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

But I can say that I am not producing anywhere near 3 stun grenades with each alien stun grenade.  More like 1:1...

Sorry, that was a typo, should be 1:2, i'll fix it in original post.

As for the rest, well lets just say that the xenonaut scientists are better at this, particularly since they have a working alien stun gas to base their weaponry on. ;) 

22 hours ago, brownb28 said:

How is this mod downloaded?? I downloaded the 4.8 gig mega file and when it is unzipped it's just aircraft what am I doing wrong?????

It's possible the download didn't complete or was corrupted, it should contain the X-division mod folder and something stupid like 80K files, it gives WinRAR a good work out :)

Like Lament said, go to the first page and start from step #1 again, it really does cover everything.

Well I think I've almost put 60 hours into just X-Division now and have doubled my Xenonauts total play time!

I'm currently in the middle of Phase 3 and really getting my ass kicked in the air game! It's tough but not impossible, slowly making progress :)

Here is a list of bugs I've noted while playing 0.99.3;

BUGS  
Light Cruiser, Cruiser etc. Top floor doesn't become transperant, landed or crashed versions both have same issue.
Enchanted shield blank X-pedia page, shields are buggy in game, sometimes shows 0 durability left at mission start
Mag Mini-gun (soldier version) blank X-pedia page
Ballistic minigun Research and manufacture showing as #####
predator armor No firing animation while standing, soldier shows standing pose when shooting.
Caesan weapon Officer Unable to capture, checked Xpedia not listed, when stunned results screen just gives $1000
Caesan weapon sergeant wrong color shown in xpedia.
Alien Dark Weapon Manuf. All Dark weapon DSB are found under Basic tab instead of appropriate Phase
Caesan Assault Psion Doesn't appear in Phase 2 or in Alien Base, or Phase 3, ships still come with regular Psion.
Assault shield Same issues as Enchanted shield, sometimes shows 0/270 at mission start.
Wraith Soldier In victory screen, when captured alive shows ....... #####
Alien Dark Heavy No image in Xpedia
Phase 3 Missile Corvette No datacore, so no DSB earned from this ship type. Major!

BALANCE  
Laser Pistol Mk.1 Reload TU cost = 50, TU cost feels too high for the weapon capacity
Dropship upgrade Phase 3 (March 1980) and still using default dropship is rather painful. Make unlock easier? By this stage player has unlocked 7+ fast new fighters but no new dropshop? I have directional thrusters researched.

These are quick notes I made while playing the game, if they don't make sense, just ask me to explain it better. Also I PM'ed Charon my 200 day save file to review my stores, it would have required something like 5+ screenshots to list.

Edited by Sectiplave

I'll just comment on the ones that i know are fixed.

2 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Ballistic minigun Research and manufacture showing as #####

fixed.

3 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Phase 3 Missile Corvette No datacore, so no DSB earned from this ship type. Major!

fixed. It also affected the extreme supply ship.

3 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Light Cruiser, Cruiser etc. Top floor doesn't become transperant, landed or crashed versions both have same issue.

This is actually an XCE issue which will hopefully be fixed by them in the future.

I'll wait till Charon gets back online to confirm the other issues.

Side note.  I think this restriction that we (Earthlings)  cannot build anything without scrounging up alien items is a bit unbelievable.  Like I said earlier the USA had an experimental stun gas back in the earlier 1970's.  ( before the time frame of this game) so why could they not adapt this stun gas to use against the aliens since their need for oxygen seems to be like ours.  Or we could use Sarin, Mustard, or one of the many other poison gas which has been around a long time or course we would need several live aliens to test these gases on...  We would not need any alien stun/chemical  gas.

1 hour ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Side note.  I think this restriction that we (Earthlings)  cannot build anything without scrounging up alien items is a bit unbelievable.  Like I said earlier the USA had an experimental stun gas back in the earlier 1970's.  ( before the time frame of this game) so why could they not adapt this stun gas to use against the aliens since their need for oxygen seems to be like ours.  Or we could use Sarin, Mustard, or one of the many other poison gas which has been around a long time or course we would need several live aliens to test these gases on...  We would not need any alien stun/chemical  gas.

Very good point!... but still they are alien and their special gas works for every creature..

15 hours ago, Draku said:

Which weapon do you use when that happens?

Whoops! I forgot to add that, The weapon was Mag-Storm Mk3

12 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

I'll just comment on the ones that i know are fixed.

fixed.

fixed. It also affected the extreme supply ship.

This is actually an XCE issue which will hopefully be fixed by them in the future.

I'll wait till Charon gets back online to confirm the other issues.

Ahhh yes, I was playing really late last night and I was soo sure there was another ship that I was missing a DSB for :)

I really need the parts from these DSB's to get a Phase 3 air fleet running, so I might take a small break until the next patch rolls around.

Edited by Sectiplave
Shock Grenade!

2 minutes ago, btbrown0786 said:

I also get a game crash when trying to outfit my soldiers with different weapons is this my error or did I not install the mod right

If you're getting a crash on the equipment screen then it really sounds like you made a mistake with the installation.

Refer to the first post on this thread for installation instructions, particularly the part concerning mod loader order

5 hours ago, drages said:

Very good point!... but still they are alien and their special gas works for every creature..

But you would not know if our gases work on them until you tried it....or your alien biology study found out they should or not work.  I just wish we could build some stuff without first capturing it from dead or stunned aliens.  Lately I've been unable to capture stun grenades because I seem to be getting the lizards and their accompanying species only on crash sites.  And I can not capture the lizards without stun gas as the baton is useless.  We now (many years after the time of the game) have stun guns that can knock out things at many feet and we don't require large amounts of alien alloy.

1 hour ago, Larry Burstyn said:

But you would not know if our gases work on them until you tried it....or your alien biology study found out they should or not work.  I just wish we could build some stuff without first capturing it from dead or stunned aliens.  Lately I've been unable to capture stun grenades because I seem to be getting the lizards and their accompanying species only on crash sites.  And I can not capture the lizards without stun gas as the baton is useless.  We now (many years after the time of the game) have stun guns that can knock out things at many feet and we don't require large amounts of alien alloy.

The batons are a viable stun method in Phase 1, however they require support to be used without sacrificing your troops. My tactic is to suppress the Sebillian, and run upto them with two shield troops with batons, the Sebillian will stay crouched and fire a single volley at the shield troopers if you suppress it each round (LMG / Shotgun can easily suppress) Once your shield + baton troops are in melee range, I've not seen a Phase 1 sebillian survive beyond 2 rounds of melee combat, if you are unlucky your shield may have broken and you will have a wounded soldier, but this is just the price of taking the enemy alive.... good luck Commander!

Once you reach shock technology it's honestly a little bit too easy to just spam shock grenades / explosives to stun enemies. The early game should be a good indicator of how difficult the game is going to be otherwise some of the later Phases players will simply rage quit :D

Edited by Sectiplave
Stun baton!

Sounds nice but I don't survive past phase one because of the Reapers.  My first terror mission was Reapers galore against original weapons....no chance to win and I lose ALL my starting troops.  The Reapers move from just inside sight range to turning my troops without my firing a shot even when they have 50% of their TU's left.  And the zombies are worse.  After they close the distance and I finally get enough hits to "kill" them they just become Reapers apparently with full hit points and armor but are right next to my troops.  And my shield troops never get within melee range with shield intact.  And shield troops with no shield are practically useless as those pistols do very little damage.

edit->

It would be nice if we could use old fashion tear gas to hurt the enemies TU's but I don't know if that is even possble.

Edited by Larry Burstyn

Just had unusual win against Reapers in Alien Base Attack....there were a lot of them.  But I did a trick that impossible anywhere else.  I put my tank in the hallway blocking them from getting to my troops....Used up all the ammo killing Reapers (alpha, normal, and one UNKNOWN--I forget).  By the time I ran out of ammo I had killed 5 Reapers.  Ran across a few others later but managed to kill them with captured weapons from the lizards I killed....that blood weapon was wild....nearly killed some of my own men as the AOE was large.

Unusual in another effect I ran across Phase 2 and Phase 3 weapons when I had just entered Phase 2 less than a month before..  Now I have mag weapons not many but a few.

BUG:  Mag weapon for tanks can not be fitted on the defender or the hunter...the research description any tank that can fit the Division MG can fit the Mag weapon.

Zombies should have a nerf, you are right about it. MAG weapons are phase 2 weapons. There is no problem about that. Phase 3 weapons would kill you in secs if enemy got that. 

Hunter is a missile vehicle, its normal for it, but defender should able to use it. Need to check.

Yes I have found the same issue as Larry, Mag machinegun cannot be equipped on Defender or Saviour. No issues with the Pulse machinegun.

5 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Sounds nice but I don't survive past phase one because of the Reapers.  My first terror mission was Reapers galore against original weapons....no chance to win and I lose ALL my starting troops.  The Reapers move from just inside sight range to turning my troops without my firing a shot even when they have 50% of their TU's left.  And the zombies are worse.  After they close the distance and I finally get enough hits to "kill" them they just become Reapers apparently with full hit points and armor but are right next to my troops.  And my shield troops never get within melee range with shield intact.  And shield troops with no shield are practically useless as those pistols do very little damage.

edit->

It would be nice if we could use old fashion tear gas to hurt the enemies TU's but I don't know if that is even possble.

If you get Sebillians for your first terror mission that is in my opinion the toughest race for your first terror site, I lost my first playthrough for similar issue. The Reaper+Zombie rush over whelmed and killed my whole starting squad :(

You can have stun grenades by first terror site if your prioritize Caesan Medic, I lost a starting soldier to ensure I had this ready on my third play through as you mention, stun gas is very important.

Otherwise suppressing an enemy with stun grenades or LMG's or whatever halfs their TU's for the following turn. This doesn't work on melee units.

This was driving me nuts from my previous post: After digging through researches.xml I have all researches complete to unlock the Shrike since Phase 2, however it never popped up. All the case sensitivity looks correct so dunno whats causing this bug. Save file attached.

Dropship upgrade

Phase 3 (March 1980) and still using default dropship is rather painful. Make unlock easier? By this stage player has unlocked 7+ fast new fighters but no new dropshop? I have directional thrusters researched

X-Division 3.sav

Hello :V , plz, the mod 0.99.3 freeze in alien turn, exactly in hidden move.... inside the first battle in new game, (i started from 0).

I edited the Files gameconfig and weapons_gc and Air combats ( minor modifications, reapers Actions cost - Air Combats - And up damage for the first BallisticWeap. And Grenade damage)

:p ok, im a barely casual player ( i dont like lost all my team in first mission ¬¬ )

not my first edit files... and do not screen crash game... simply freeze in message "Alien Turn" if not aliens in sight of vision.

Thx for any help now, and:  Good Job in 0.98, congratulations \o/ . (sorry for my poor, English)

1 hour ago, eropadreco said:

I edited the Files gameconfig and weapons_gc and Air combats ( minor modifications, reapers Actions cost - Air Combats - And up damage for the first BallisticWeap. And Grenade damage)

Can i ask you to try playing without those modifications. It's quite possible that one of the changes you made caused this freeze.

In the case that it still occurs without any modifications, then let us know and we'll look into it