[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

21 minutes ago, WATCHERYCE said:

Hey anyone can help me for something? I'm trying to extract the part 1 file, but everytime it fails and does not want, claiming to get more space, which I have.

I guess either your file system is FAT32 or more probably there is not enough space on temp directory (c-drive). Also what extractor you are using?

• 3 weeks later...

I could use some help. I just installed this Xenonauts and this mod on my external SSD, but for some reason it's taking up an absolutely massive amount of disk space:

240gb.png.1c6c7c8870dbed8e6734cc2f35dda964.png

Could someone help me fix this? I'd rather be able to use that 230gb for other stuff.

EDIT: nvm, seems to be an issue with my SSD in general

Edited by Fate Rebellion

• 3 weeks later...

wonderfull mod. have been playing it for a long time

right now at the final phase. But find a problem. FULLWHITE ROBODGS ARE INMORTAL!

I have unlocked and tried almost every weapon, shooting it for several turns with whole squad and no damage done, never. Only way to finish mission i have found is to lure them out of the ship and capture it. Any ideas??

Are they really supposed to be indestructibles or i´m missing something?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:06 PM, ekator said:

wonderfull mod. have been playing it for a long time

right now at the final phase. But find a problem. FULLWHITE ROBODGS ARE INMORTAL!

I have unlocked and tried almost every weapon, shooting it for several turns with whole squad and no damage done, never. Only way to finish mission i have found is to lure them out of the ship and capture it. Any ideas??

Are they really supposed to be indestructibles or i´m missing something?

They are not indestructible. Just have tons of armor/health. As you know, there is no damage if armor mitigates it all. No idea what you are shooting them with but guess what damage is best looking at previous robodogs.

It also matters what weapons you're using. You see, certain weapons are good against armored targets and "higher phase" weapons are not necessarily better against all targets than "lower phase " weapons...

IIRC I didn't need more than two turns to kill one on slightly modified - difficulty.

You can also see if game is bugging starting Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe Press U, put your soldier(s) 999 AP and shoot. Add another 999 AP if that's not enough etc. That's cheating of course but it will tell if game is bugging.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
Add cheat advice

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic mod! I've researched and manufactured a pulse laser for my hunter scout car, but it does not show up in the vehicle equipment screen. All there is is the .30 cal.

I only researched the rocket launcher afterwards, could this be part of the problem or am I simply missing something?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

Fantastic mod! I've researched and manufactured a pulse laser for my hunter scout car, but it does not show up in the vehicle equipment screen. All there is is the .30 cal.

I only researched the rocket launcher afterwards, could this be part of the problem or am I simply missing something?

Cheers!

As you can read from Hunter description, it can be equipped with machineguns and rockets mainly. In other words, develop better vehicles for pulse laser...

1 hour ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

As you can read from Hunter description, it can be equipped with machineguns and rockets mainly. In other words, develop better vehicles for pulse laser...

Alright, my bad. The description of the pulse laser itself still mentions the hunter scout car, but that's probably a leftover from vanilla.

Cheers mate!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:03 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

They are not indestructible. Just have tons of armor/health. As you know, there is no damage if armor mitigates it all. No idea what you are shooting them with but guess what damage is best looking at previous robodogs.

It also matters what weapons you're using. You see, certain weapons are good against armored targets and "higher phase" weapons are not necessarily better against all targets than "lower phase " weapons...

IIRC I didn't need more than two turns to kill one on slightly modified - difficulty.

You can also see if game is bugging starting Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe Press U, put your soldier(s) 999 AP and shoot. Add another 999 AP if that's not enough etc. That's cheating of course but it will tell if game is bugging.

Thx!!

dont have right now savegame from that combat. Since that , I m just trying to avoid androids

But i can say I shoot it for 4 rounds at point black with almost whole squad using:

mag minigun mk3, pulse minigun mk3, antimatter minigun mk3
precision pulse mk3, pulse heavy mk3, gaus rifle mk3, electron sniper, electron rifle, antimatter rifle mk3 and plasma flamer

and no chip damage done. Will try again when finish last generation weapons mk3 and will also try with emp and demolition chargues

4 hours ago, ekator said:

Thx!!

dont have right now savegame from that combat. Since that , I m just trying to avoid androids

But i can say I shoot it for 4 rounds at point black with almost whole squad using:

mag minigun mk3, pulse minigun mk3, antimatter minigun mk3
precision pulse mk3, pulse heavy mk3, gaus rifle mk3, electron sniper, electron rifle, antimatter rifle mk3 and plasma flamer

and no chip damage done. Will try again when finish last generation weapons mk3 and will also try with emp and demolition chargues

Pulse and antimatter weapons should work well. Armor is very strong as with Androns on general and damage is not displayed until armor has worn off. 4 rounds of shooting with whole squad should be enough though. Sounds strange. Perhaps there was some kind of bug.

one question and one comment

Is the "live" andron analysis from xce (+lore) disabled? (the one with this image)

andronanalysis.thumb.jpg.4814e757f5f12432913c92f77c710847.jpg

making the yellow xenomorph unstunnable is evil  (i'm a compulsive alien specimen collector :p)

Edited by Zaramorte
added image

3 hours ago, Zaramorte said:

one question and one comment

Is the "live" andron analysis from xce (+lore) disabled?

making the yellow xenomorph unstunnable is evil  (i'm a compulsive alien specimen collector :p)

Yes, it is disabled, and yes, the explodymorphs are evil the first time your guys all stand in a circle around them trying to club them...

34 minutes ago, kali666 said:

Hi, I'm playing X-Division and enjoying it a lot, but there's one thing that irks me, these weird pink global range wave attacks coming from certain UFOs:

https://puu.sh/JibKv/8d1e032be3.mp4

Is this intended? Their range isn't shown anywhere and it just seems kind of random

Yes, that's how it works. Certain UFOs have special "cannon" that has basically unlimited range and it looks just like that. Damage is pretty small though.

So everything seems to be OK.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:45 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Yes, that's how it works. Certain UFOs have special "cannon" that has basically unlimited range and it looks just like that. Damage is pretty small though.

So everything seems to be OK.

I see, is losing aircraft to those types of UFOs in air combat normal?

I can technically bring down one or maybe even two of them, but I would lose all three so I would have to send in reinforcements to take down the carrier itself when it's done.

And about the carrier itself, is attacking it with aircraft that don't have a hardpoint capable of holding anti missiles basically a suicide run?

On 8/28/2022 at 7:39 PM, kali666 said:

I see, is losing aircraft to those types of UFOs in air combat normal?

I can technically bring down one or maybe even two of them, but I would lose all three so I would have to send in reinforcements to take down the carrier itself when it's done.

And about the carrier itself, is attacking it with aircraft that don't have a hardpoint capable of holding anti missiles basically a suicide run?

You're fighting against much powerful enemy and are afraid about losing an aircraft? Get used to it. Just build enough aircrafts and losing some is not major problem. Just send aircrafts until all UFOs are down.

It just depends. You could load with heavy torpedoes, launch some of them and then retreat. Probably your craft(s) can survive. At least some of them.  Or not. You should have crafts like Lotus or Firebird that can carry heavy torpedo and some other weapon with anti missile too since you're already on phase 3. Then there shouldn't be too much problems.

Depending on difficulty, prepare to have tons of aircraft. Just looked my older post, at end of phase 2 I had 83 hangars and 47 aircrafts. Needless to say, at end of phase 3 I had even more hangars and aircrafts. End of phase 2 I had following: Corsair*12, Heavy fighter*8, Asierus*7, Foxtrot*10, Sonda*3, Firebird*3, Lotus*4. That probably gives some idea what you might need if you want to shoot "all" UFOs down. Losses were inevitable but I just repaired all. Difficulty was slightly modified on ground combat but geoscape and air combat were same as -.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

6 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

You're fighting against much powerful enemy and are afraid about losing an aircraft? Get used to it. Just build enough aircrafts and losing some is not major problem. Just send aircrafts until all UFOs are down.

It just depends. You could load with heavy torpedoes, launch some of them and then retreat. Probably your craft(s) can survive. At least some of them.  Or not. You should have crafts like Lotus or Firebird that can carry heavy torpedo and some other weapon with anti missile too since you're already on phase 3. Then there shouldn't be too much problems.

Depending on difficulty, prepare to have tons of aircraft. Just looked my older post, at end of phase 2 I had 83 hangars and 47 aircrafts. Needless to say, at end of phase 3 I had even more hangars and aircrafts. End of phase 2 I had following: Corsair*12, Heavy fighter*8, Asierus*7, Foxtrot*10, Sonda*3, Firebird*3, Lotus*4. That probably gives some idea what you might need if you want to shoot "all" UFOs down. Losses were inevitable but I just repaired all. Difficulty was slightly modified on ground combat but geoscape and air combat were same as -.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like that, so losing any aircraft in combat feels bad for me.

Also I don't have neither Lotus or Firebirds, I'm pretty sure I missed some early captures, and with the amount of aliens and no checklist it's very hard to keep track of the ones I did catch.

I'll take your advice on getting more aircraft though, since the money income is theoretically infinite it shouldn't be an issue to pay ridiculous amounts of upkeep.

11 hours ago, Komandos said:

How do I download the latest version?

This page pretty much summarizes it

6 hours ago, kali666 said:

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like that, so losing any aircraft in combat feels bad for me.

Also I don't have neither Lotus or Firebirds, I'm pretty sure I missed some early captures, and with the amount of aliens and no checklist it's very hard to keep track of the ones I did catch.

I'll take your advice on getting more aircraft though, since the money income is theoretically infinite it shouldn't be an issue to pay ridiculous amounts of upkeep.

You should adjust your attitude. Against much more powerful enemy losses are inevitable.

You can get "best" aircrafts dropping down "best" UFOs. There Will be casualties though.

Terrorist missions (in the city) are impossible to pass in principle. And the problem is not the number of enemies. The problem is that soldiers with 80-90% bravery panic and run away after the first round. Even if I have all the necessary advantages and conditions on my side to win.

How to increase the panic threshold in a terror mission? Or turn off the panic altogether???

Edited by Komandos

14 hours ago, Komandos said:

Terror-missions (in the city) are impossible to pass in principle. Soldiers with 80-90 bravery panic and run away after the first move.Terrorist missions (in the city) are impossible to pass in principle. And the problem is not the number of enemies. The problem is that soldiers with 80-90% bravery panic and run away after the first round. Even if I have all the necessary advantages and conditions on my side to win.

How to increase the panic threshold in a terror mission? Or turn off the panic altogether???

with a correct deployment, officer's bravery bonus help u a lot. Of course, if in the first round aliens kill a lot of civilian or military png, it's a mess...

i dislike this solution, but u can rise the minimum bravery for the soldier u recruit from gameconfig

Someone could think it's cheating, but increase to 16 soldiers the max loadout of all dropships, in my opinion, is a fair balance considerig in x-division even the weaker alien is a badass.

What i dislike is that sebillians and androns seem have no more aim malus from fire, since it limit tactical capabilities and, during terror missions, make for ur squad impossible to give even a little cover to humans png

21 hours ago, Komandos said:

Terrorist missions (in the city) are impossible to pass in principle. And the problem is not the number of enemies. The problem is that soldiers with 80-90% bravery panic and run away after the first round. Even if I have all the necessary advantages and conditions on my side to win.

Solution: shoot down terror UFOs before they land into city. Even if you cannot shoot UFO down, some aliens will die and so there are less aliens to shoot civilians...

Shooting down terror UFOs Will mean casualties though, some of your airplanes Will go down. Prepare and beware.

3 hours ago, Komandos said:

If I don't participate in terrorist missions, will I lose anything?

Income from funding and ticker will increase IIRC (ticker determines invasion speed). You'll also miss "important" aliens.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:49 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Solution: shoot down terror UFOs before they land into city. Even if you cannot shoot UFO down, some aliens will die and so there are less aliens to shoot civilians...

Figured it out. The accrual of panic points after the death of a civilian was really very high. Corrected by me in "moraleconfig_gc.xml

(Much more than in the original game.)

• Like 1