[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Install X:CE, start game, exit. Extract assets folder into Xenonauts directory.

Then open mod launcher and adjust like it looks there:

https://imgur.com/V0ZqNfB https://imgur.com/V0ZqNfB

https://imgur.com/OcaeZ7u https://imgur.com/OcaeZ7u https://imgur.com/OcaeZ7u

(23 is Don't die on me and 24 is empower facehuggers)

Then start game.

24 minutes ago, Tchey said:

Thanks, i’ll try that !

It seems you have 46 listed mods, i have 38. It’s a fresh install with nothing else but X-Division. Is it "normal" ?

Probably you're missing latest patch? https://mega.nz/file/lYwRBaZJ#Nu7Vt08i0LHEV2FqOTX9uCM9sVSHXoEl_Bee_3M_XqM

Those 8 are probably mostly optional. I have "clean" install. No idea about Linux though.

45 minutes ago, LillyanaKabal said:

So I got a game-breaker. Terror attack dropped, I deployed to kill them. But, every time I try to shoot at a Cyber-Disk, the game immediately crashes. I've tried with different soldiers, and the result is the same.

image.png.7c282ee54482d47f3950d8cc35c7aba1.png

Autosave3.sav

Everything looks OK but that anti-materiel rifle mod sounds strange. Also where you need Steam workshop support? I would disable both.

Savegame crashes immediately on my install (and I completed game with it)...

I've had no problems with the AMR yet, and it's apparently a mod designed for X-Division. At least, has X-Division as a dependency. I'm pretty far in, they are sending Terror Carriers and such. Plus, it's not any other alien on that map. I can kill them all, but soon as I so much as shoot that one Cyber-Disk, boom. Done and dead. 

Workshop support seems to have just, downloaded itself when I tried to get it off Steam.

19 hours ago, LillyanaKabal said:

I've had no problems with the AMR yet, and it's apparently a mod designed for X-Division. At least, has X-Division as a dependency. I'm pretty far in, they are sending Terror Carriers and such. Plus, it's not any other alien on that map. I can kill them all, but soon as I so much as shoot that one Cyber-Disk, boom. Done and dead. 

Workshop support seems to have just, downloaded itself when I tried to get it off Steam.

OK, assuming that is single battle issue only, start Xenonauts_GC_editor.exe load game and hit V.

However as I cannot even load your savegame, there might be something more serious...

On 4/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

OK, assuming that is single battle issue only, start Xenonauts_GC_editor.exe load game and hit V.

However as I cannot even load your savegame, there might be something more serious...

Loaded an older save, got a new map. Cyberdisk does not crash this time. Just weirdness I guess. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I’m now in december 1979, loving it so far. Terror Attacks, Corvets, mechanized aliens... pain !

Can you simply confirm, or not, there is no need at all to gather manually all aliens, weapons etc, as long as i finish the mission i get them all automatically ?

I need to manually gather stuff only if i go back to the chinook and abandon the mission, right ?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Tchey said:

Hello,

I’m now in december 1979, loving it so far. Terror Attacks, Corvets, mechanized aliens... pain !

Can you simply confirm, or not, there is no need at all to gather manually all aliens, weapons etc, as long as i finish the mission i get them all automatically ?

I need to manually gather stuff only if i go back to the chinook and abandon the mission, right ?

Thanks

There is a bug when not every item on battlefield is collected after battle. However that seems to be quite rare and basically there is no need to gather anything manually if you win battle.

Abandoning mission requires getting all stuff you want, preferably put them on soldier inventory (and drop everything that is unlimited like shields, medkits etc). Stuff on exit area might suffer from that bug, not all but some.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, Tchey said:

Hello,

Thanks

As a rule of thumb, if you are going to win the mission, the only thing you need to collect is your own melee weapons on the ground and producable consumables (i.e. things like alenium grenades, stun rockets and so on). Also, if you want to salvage friendly AI weapons (e.g. the Laser Rifles Mk 1 some soldiers have later on), put them in your inventory (I think that worked for me, but that is such an edge case that I cannot even remember 100%).

Basically, check your own downed soldiers for consumables you have to produce in your workshops, and for melee weapons you need to produce, and pick them up. Weapons, armour etc are automatically collected.

Thanks, i’m now around end of january 1980, with my first Phase 2 (i guess, they are blue-ish and stronger) aliens (i play on NG-0. and 25% slower phases).

Excellent mod so far, thanks for doing it, beside some parts it’s "even better" than OpenXcom Xcom-Files mod.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:29 AM, megabusher said:

maybe some one already fix problem, i cant finish mission coz roof on central part alien ship not disappear when i step under it "wings" disappear normaly

Try to press "roof" button (under blue morale bar 99/99).

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

4 hours ago, Dagar said:

Yeah, roof button should help you out. These UFOs are pretty iffy with sight.

5 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Try to press "roof" button (under blue morale bar 99/99).

thx guys, it works. i saw this button but doznt sink about it mb im just stupid

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jakeyjuju said:

Is the mod still being developed? If it is, I would be interested in writing some of the descriptions for research projects.

Mod development is basically stopped since all creators seem to have quitted. Small updates are still possible. Also:

So probably those descriptions won't be made anyway.

Hello, I could use some help.

For some reason every time I try to save my game during a mission (IE quicksave/ regular save) the game crashes.

That isn't even the worst part, because now on mission end the game crashes as well. So no mater what I do, the game auto crashes the moment I enter the global map.
Has this ever happened before?

I am sure it has, but I don't know the remedy for that. Do you have a geoscape auto-save before the mission? Maybe the map is corrupted and breaks the game. That said I think the maps have all been fixed by now, but if you play on an older version of the mod, something like this seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, Dagar said:

I am sure it has, but I don't know the remedy for that. Do you have a geoscape auto-save before the mission? Maybe the map is corrupted and breaks the game. That said I think the maps have all been fixed by now, but if you play on an older version of the mod, something like this seems reasonable.

I did reload a save before, where I was still in the geoscape. I than proceeded to airstrike all the crash sites, and it worked fine until I entered another ground battle where the same problems happened. If it helps, I just reached the part where I captured my first alien leader (haven't interogated him just yet)

Well, the only advice I can offer is to reinstall and do exactly as told in the instructions. The install process is very finicky and it is easy to miss a step, which you might not uncover until later in the campaign.