[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

• 4 weeks later...

My A-team just got back from a good mission, nobody was killed or anything. But theyre 6 men instead of 8. Cant find the other 2 anywhere and nothing in the casualty list. Never happened until today, any advice?

EDIT: Reloaded to a few missions back. Did the same mission and theyre back now. Dont know what happened lol

Edited by RevanchistPersiaNow
addendum

I play not so long ago in the mod, but faced with such a problem that in GC sometimes, especially in the later stages of the game, when the aliens go - The game just takes and gets stuck... It was as if one of the units had forgotten that he had to go, just like a living person on the other side. I waited for 5-7 minutes somewhere, but no sounds, no actions or camera movements occurred, so I decided to ask for a question.

Version 1.10.11c
+ My mod list

Quicksave.sav

Снимок экрана (13).png

Снимок экрана (495).png

Edited by ZSHADOWWOLF
More sense for text

23 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Savegame? Probably something wrong with installation.

When equipping soldiers on the base, there are no sections with a first-aid kit and a ballistic shield. Can anyone tell me where to look for the root of this problem

Here modlist and savegame

send.sav

xeno1.png

Edited by feloric

Interceptors don't take off because they don't exist (sold out, don't pay attention to that).

I installed only the community.

I logged in and out of the game after installation. I installed the game many times, according to the instructions on the site and without it. Observing all the points and breaking some. I was trying to find a bug why I don't have a section for first aid kits and shields. Each time I demolished everything and started again with the installation of the steam community edition.

On the equipment tab, there are only sections of grenades, rockets, and batons(which only has a baton).

On the weapons tab, there are sections division, mag (where knives, axes and baton are concentrated), laser and plasma.

3 months ago, I started playing the version installed according to the instructions on the site. My modlist looks like your.

I got access to standard first-aid kits and shields through the soldiers equipment sets. It's inconvenient, but you can still play. But still I am tormented by the lack of this section and access to its contents.

I was trying to sort out the files. I found a lot of interesting things. But mostly for cheaters. For the experiment, I changed the starting planes - for this reason, I sold the planes in the provided game save, so as not to confuse them. But I have not yet been able to find among the pile of files how to return access to the section with first-aid kits and shields.

The big problem is that I don't know any English at all. I have to use a translator, which is not very convenient when working with game files.

THE DECISION:

BIG THANKS to Charon!

Delete

%APPDATA%/Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts

once.

Edited by feloric
Thank you!
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 12:22 PM, Bellator said:

normal damage too? It's not visible sadly. In my case I used standard tactic: soften her by axe to the level till she would die with next blow, after that used batons only - she was blowing up at the end sadly.

You should be able to stun all of them EXCEPT the ones with heads full of acid, those just straight up explode no matter what kind of damage you do, even stun gas will just make them explode if I recall, I know about stunning the queens because I had the fortune (or misfortune) of having one camp right outside an alien fortress's spawn room, and I'd have my vehicle blocking the door , move a bit, whack her then go back to blocking the door with vehicles, the AI is not smart enough to run all the way around apparently. What's given me the best results is electric weapons, the shock gun is something I carry on my shield guys for stunning those pesky xenomorphs, stun gas doesn't even work for the Tier 4.5 ones so youre stuck with electric, but before that a few stun rockets of the highest tier you can afford work too. I'm not sure what tier you're stuck in but the ceasan's electric weapons should work most of the time as well

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FSC_Zombie said:

How do I get Terror Carrier down? 3 Foxtrots make it in this Lets Play with Alenium Torpedo.

As Ruthless Reuban said, Video uses NG difficulty where the UFO health is lower and is also using the submod called easy airgame which means even lower UFO health and faster airplanes for the player.

Here is how I do it. Difficulty NG +2.

Small showcase :

Bigger showcase :

Now go and shoot down those bad boys, there is a nice reward if you do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 8:22 PM, Charon said:

The .10 to .11c patch is NOT savegame compatible. If you want to make it savegame compatible you need to make a backup of your researches.xml, run the installer, and immediately copy your backup over the new file again. You will miss out on the fixed researches but you can continue the campaign.

If I didn't backup researches.xml, while updating from 1.00.10 to 1.00.11c, can I use researches.xml from 1.00.10 update archive? Will it work as well?

Edited by gaichu

• 1 month later...

So, I got back into Xenonauts, downloaded all the gubbins to play this mod, and got into a crashed UFO attack. Guys all readied at the door, rocket launcher came out, fired at the door. Woosh, Bang.

Nothing.

So I thought maybe the game had bugged and hadn't registered the hit. So we reloaded and fired at the door again. Woosh, Bang.

Nothing.

So, now I am here sat wondering if this mod turns off door damage or something...

EDIT: So the doors do break open. I just put a Minigun and a Cannon on it. I think the Rocket Launcher has low damage, or splash damage doesn't effect the door and you gotta be super precise?

Edited by LillyanaKabal

• 2 weeks later...

I think I recall discussions about this from the past. The gist is that explosive damage is not that effective. If I remember correctly, at some point it was changed for kinetic and energy weaponry that they do 5x the damage against props (like walls, fences, doors etc.), so that most likely is what happened there.

In my last mission I shot an alenium missile from a tank against a UFO main door and it still was functional. So yeah, use your normal weapons with high damage output.

Yea. My Machinegun and the Hunters .30 cal are far more effective against the doors than the rocket launcher. 

Though, a new gripe. Sometimes I get this bug where it just sticks on "Alien Turn" forever. I can't even save or load because it won't open the menu on enemy turns. It's just, their turn, forever. 

17 hours ago, LillyanaKabal said:

Though, a new gripe. Sometimes I get this bug where it just sticks on "Alien Turn" forever. I can't even save or load because it won't open the menu on enemy turns. It's just, their turn, forever. 

Xenonauts bug. Just end process with task manager (if cannot quit game another way) and reload. Hopefully turn will be different and game won't crash.

If that doesn't help, start Xenonauts_GC.exe, load game and hit V.

Hello,

I’m playing OpenXcom with the -Files mod, it’s awesome, but i can’t stop thinking about Xenonauts, as i loved it back years ago...

I see this mod looks greatly great, so i want to play it now...

I’m trying to install this mod under Linux PC, and i have issue i couldn’t find answer.

Based on what i understand, i’ve installed from Steam the beta Community, and launched the game via Proton, as they dropped Linux for the last updates.

No issue there, i can play Community via Proton, it runs quite well.

Then i download and try the exe from the 3 .zip. (i unzip, then launch the installation exe with WINE. I tried without unzipping first but WINE as trouble running from inside, it seems)

I point to my install folder, and it starts to install files, in my case to

Z:\home\tchey\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts

As there is a hidden folder (.local), i write the path manually, and i also change / to \ but then the installer seems to run as intended.

Then it goes boom :

210418-100045.jpg

210418-100059.jpg

210418-100142.jpg

It considers it done, but "obviously" if i play, it’s the base Community version (but it does run, no crash).

I also tried to manually copy/paste the Assets folder, it took a while, and at the it doesn’t work neither, it’s Community ingame.

Could you help me ?  Anyway to install the mod without an installer, just files to place in correct folders ?

Thanks for reading

Edited by Tchey
link broken