[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

• 2 weeks later...

Just started replaying X-Div since it first came out and for some reason the majority of text in the X-Div X-pedia entries are just "Description" or in weapons cases "Key Information:(what you get for dismantle). According to Palu there should be all fully fleshed X-pedia entries so what do I need to do to get them?  Kinda ruins researching new things when few of them tell you what you just researched...

6 hours ago, CheekyCT said:

Just started replaying X-Div since it first came out and for some reason the majority of text in the X-Div X-pedia entries are just "Description" or in weapons cases "Key Information:(what you get for dismantle). According to Palu there should be all fully fleshed X-pedia entries so what do I need to do to get them?  Kinda ruins researching new things when few of them tell you what you just researched...

Should not be the case. A small minority of the entries still have something like this, but most should have real text.

Check the version of X-Division (1.00.11 is the most recent) and check in the mod loader if there is an unchecked entry similar to "Palu's shiny lore".

Edited by Dagar

Hey, so, this is probably a common problem, but whenever I go into ground combat the aliens never spawn in with any weapons and just run around the map unarmed, effectively breaking the game. I've read the installation instructions very closely and am 100% certain I've extracted the three .rar files to the correct folder, and triple checked to see if I had any steam mods besides community edition installed, deleted my mods folder and reinstalled the game to no avail. I also crash whenever I try to access one of my soldier's inventories over a dead alien, if that might be related in any way. The installer also came up with a couple of errors during installation, but said afterwords the mod was installed successfully, so I'm guessing it's related to that in some way.

Other than that, I can't wait to play this mod once the aliens start shooting back!

Edited by Vort_Steve

14 hours ago, Vort_Steve said:

Hey, so, this is probably a common problem, but whenever I go into ground combat the aliens never spawn in with any weapons and just run around the map unarmed, effectively breaking the game. I've read the installation instructions very closely and am 100% certain I've extracted the three .rar files to the correct folder, and triple checked to see if I had any steam mods besides community edition installed, deleted my mods folder and reinstalled the game to no avail. I also crash whenever I try to access one of my soldier's inventories over a dead alien, if that might be related in any way. The installer also came up with a couple of errors during installation, but said afterwords the mod was installed successfully, so I'm guessing it's related to that in some way.

Other than that, I can't wait to play this mod once the aliens start shooting back!

There shouldn't be any errors during installation. I think that is something to do with permissions and such. You don't have to extract RAR files into "correct" folder as any folder (except game folder or folder with restricted permissions) will do.

Screenshot from installation error(s) would greatly help.

9 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

There shouldn't be any errors during installation. I think that is something to do with permissions and such. You don't have to extract RAR files into "correct" folder as any folder (except game folder or folder with restricted permissions) will do.

Screenshot from installation error(s) would greatly help.

Ok, so, I reinstalled the mod for the fourth time so I could screenshot the error messages, and in an odd turn of events, the download completed without any interruptions or errors. Out of curiosity I booted up the game to see if the problem had magically solved itself, and sure enough, as soon as I had one of my guys run out of the Chinook, a Caesean blasted him in the face.

I have no idea what fixed it since I had installed it the same way as the last three times, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Edited by Vort_Steve

1 hour ago, greenglaz said:

Hey, guys. The link to 1.0.0 leading to xenonauts.com is broken and It is kinda frustrating to download through mega, as it takes like 4 downloads with 5 hours forced breaks in between on a free account. Could you please fix that?

That is some kind of tutorial to X-division. If that is too hard, then you'll have very tough job actually playing X-division.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a weird problem, and was hoping to get some help. 

In short, when I play for a while, it seems like my saves start going jank. (Last 4 saves attached, in case anyone knows how to make sense of that stuff)

The previous time this happened, my save files were blank, this time they crash the game on load. There was nothing unusual aside from my computer running a bit more intensely than normal, but that could have been the streaming software. When I loaded them in-game to test it at the time, they loaded fine...now they don't.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with this? I'm over a year into this campaign, stuff ain't super stable, even with a fresh install twice now. 

Additionally, I have a question if anyone might be interested. How difficult would it be to make a randomizer? Like just allowing every enemy type to spawn, and giving a chance for every research for every item or some such? I suppose technically just unleashing the chaotic spawns might have the intended effect. Still, XDiv might be super fun randomized. 

Ironman Round 2.sav

Autosave3.sav

Autosave2.sav

Quicksave.sav

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coffee Potato said:

I'm having a weird problem, and was hoping to get some help. 

In short, when I play for a while, it seems like my saves start going jank. (Last 4 saves attached, in case anyone knows how to make sense of that stuff)

The previous time this happened, my save files were blank, this time they crash the game on load. There was nothing unusual aside from my computer running a bit more intensely than normal, but that could have been the streaming software. When I loaded them in-game to test it at the time, they loaded fine...now they don't.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with this? I'm over a year into this campaign, stuff ain't super stable, even with a fresh install twice now. 

Additionally, I have a question if anyone might be interested. How difficult would it be to make a randomizer? Like just allowing every enemy type to spawn, and giving a chance for every research for every item or some such? I suppose technically just unleashing the chaotic spawns might have the intended effect. Still, XDiv might be super fun randomized. 

Ironman Round 2.sav

Autosave3.sav

Autosave2.sav

Quicksave.sav

I'll try loading them in the next couple of days and report back to you.

I'm updating this computer's hardware as soon as it gets here, but after testing it on my other computer, it also seems to be doing it there after being open for a while. All I can theorize as to the cause is:

Layered Air Game windows getting skipped by ground missions at the same time

Base losses?

Just too much crap going on for the game to deal with?

Plus side, I found out that I have the means to build a Heavy Interceptor in the middle of all this. Holy crap is that a loadout and a half.

Also notable: Two auto resolve air games hitting at the same time will crash the game on the second AR.

Edited by Coffee Potato

This may have already been mentioned but it's still fairly inconvenient to experience. 

Alien weapons (not sure if all) can often be wielded with one hand and aren't marked as heavy, meaning that Predator armored soldiers cannot use alien cannons and miniguns due to them being marked as standard weight weapons.

14 hours ago, Keksimus Maximus said:

This may have already been mentioned but it's still fairly inconvenient to experience. 

Alien weapons (not sure if all) can often be wielded with one hand and aren't marked as heavy, meaning that Predator armored soldiers cannot use alien cannons and miniguns due to them being marked as standard weight weapons.

Plus you can lose them just for picking up and using them. Pretty sure a lot of this is just mechanical and can't be changed. 

Balance note, since it was requested on the melee weapons. Axe Mk 3 has way higher numbers than 2, but it barely seems to perform better. Axe 2 could dominate same-phase Androns, while the 3 took the same amount of hits on the same unit. Not sure if bad luck or just it's numbers situation. Sword 1 seemed to do about the same, though, so that was nice. 

gamble: How are they a gamble? They are guaranteed to hit, you do not spend ammo, and they have ridiculous armour ignorance, so the one step more you have to take when compared to firing a weapon makes it worth so much more. Unless the enemy is an explodey type, then of course being close is pretty bad.

TU costs: You say that now, but just try an Axe Mk2 in Phase 1 or 2...

The gamble is that almost all enemies in xdivision tend to rush you and a full autoshot to the face doesn't bode well if you don't have the armor, not to mention the inordinate amount of melee enemies that Xdivision adds to make melee even more of a risk.

My second point is that despite their mitigation, there's almost always a gun that can do their job better and do more damage while leaving time units to reposition yourself.

Also, it seems a bit of a missed opportunity making the scout armors have increased TU action costs, would have been ideal for melee weapon use if that wasn't the case.

Edited by Keksimus Maximus

An actual bug report rather than a critique, melee weapons seem to be duplicating upon mission end, resulting in what was 2 katanas I built turning into 9 over the course of a few missions. Equipping other items rather than the katana in the field results in that item being deleted and another katana appearing in my inventory.

Known bug for ages, likely never will get fixed. If you put your melee weapon back in your inventory, the second hand slot suddenly has a new one. Just throw it on the ground and it will stop existing when the mission ends.

Also the item deletion, you sadly have to put your gun in the inventory or on the ground and then take the melee weapon into hands. You cn the pick the weapon up from the ground into your inventory, it will not cost you more TUs than a quick swap.