[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Your save game says something about X-Division workshop support mod being used. That may be the problem if it somehow messed mod load order and wolf armour research is taken from other file than X-Division one.

You can test it quite quickly, starting new game and rushing those technologies. Just use Xenonauts_GC_editor.exe and autoresolve battles (V) and/or use editor (U) to capture technicians.

I suppose I'll take this as an opportunity to start a new game on a higher difficulty, NG+1 or NG+2, since I've found myself doing very well mid way through Phase 2. I'll remove the workshop mod and see if it makes a difference, I'll try around with GC Editor and see if I can blitz through and see if I can get Wolf with that workshop mod removed. 

---

Speaking about the game, is there any practicality in taking Ballistic guns over Energy guns? Outside of ballistic Shotguns/Carbines and maybe one Ballistic Minigun, I've found the Energy Guns (Up to Phase 2 at least) far more versatile and effective, especially when it comes to Sebillians and more so Androns who are more resistant to ballistics than energy. 

7 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

I suppose I'll take this as an opportunity to start a new game on a higher difficulty, NG+1 or NG+2, since I've found myself doing very well mid way through Phase 2. I'll remove the workshop mod and see if it makes a difference, I'll try around with GC Editor and see if I can blitz through and see if I can get Wolf with that workshop mod removed. 

---

Speaking about the game, is there any practicality in taking Ballistic guns over Energy guns? Outside of ballistic Shotguns/Carbines and maybe one Ballistic Minigun, I've found the Energy Guns (Up to Phase 2 at least) far more versatile and effective, especially when it comes to Sebillians and more so Androns who are more resistant to ballistics than energy. 

Good idea. I don't recommend lower difficulty than NG+2 for serious game.

Question is more "how many guns type X" rather than "only guns type X". Ballistics have higher suppression and some of them have shock effect (SMG, Carbine), so there are uses for ballistic guns too. For purely making damage, energy weapons are better choice. Best idea is to mix of both. I could tell more specifically but that would be some kind of spoiler :)

I think the game kinda answered my question in that the Chief Scientist does state in one of the weapon reports that its up to the player to determine if the weapons of a specific class are actually viable against the Aliens, he's only giving us options on the weapons he can make and we have to pick the right ones. 

----

On a separate note. I got tried of trying to keep track of the Aliens I've captured and not, so I decided to make a spreadsheet to better keep track. I'll link a copy of it to share for anyone else who wants it to help keep track, it has categories for Ceasans and Sebillians for all four phases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3FD_S84vprEYlspu4zUlzi6Ax_0Ii-oNsHdT3c-eBE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Just some minor feedback on terror missions.

I think these missions are in a good place balance wise (by NG+2 standards), I was barely able to win my first Andron terror mission via some good fortune and the loss of a few soldiers (I was able to occupy a building to the south east of the landing zone and hold em off from there and I barely got mk1 laser weapons out before the mission started).

My main issue is that I dislike the removal of the '20 turn free vision' feature, where after 20 turns you get full vision of the map. 

I feel removing that is akin to removing having full vision of an Alien base when you occupy the command centre. It really helps in clearing out the last remnants of the Aliens and speeds up the last leg of a long mission. If the feature is too open to abuse then I'd be fine extending the min timer to 30 turns, or maybe even setting it that you only get the free vision when less than X enemies remain plus 20 turns have passed.

13 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

Just some minor feedback on terror missions.

I think these missions are in a good place balance wise (by NG+2 standards), I was barely able to win my first Andron terror mission via some good fortune and the loss of a few soldiers (I was able to occupy a building to the south east of the landing zone and hold em off from there and I barely got mk1 laser weapons out before the mission started).

My main issue is that I dislike the removal of the '20 turn free vision' feature, where after 20 turns you get full vision of the map. 

I feel removing that is akin to removing having full vision of an Alien base when you occupy the command centre. It really helps in clearing out the last remnants of the Aliens and speeds up the last leg of a long mission. If the feature is too open to abuse then I'd be fine extending the min timer to 30 turns, or maybe even setting it that you only get the free vision when less than X enemies remain plus 20 turns have passed. 

First terror mission is quite easy with right equipment. Lasers, Fox, Alenium rocket/grenades etc.

Hard to tell about terror mission balance overall. Currently on phase 3 first terror mission early second month is only terror mission I had so far. Just because that terror ship was first and only I wasn't able to shoot down. Another one got through once but that was base attack.

That issue is very easy to fix. Just go to directory ....\xenonauts\assets\mods\Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds

And locate Config.xml Edit XXX part.

<CombatWindow>
    <RevealAllTiles afterTurns="XXX" /> <!--For Town, SovietTown and XenoBase tilesets -->
  </CombatWindow>

And put there 20, 30 or whatever you like. Affects on base defence missions too.

5 hours ago, 720pee said:

Is there any way to turn down the overly loud sound effects of when the xenomorph spawn? It's overly loud and not affected by in game settings and pisses me off everytime.

No idea what sound you are exactly talking about but probably those sounds could be found on directory Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\audio\sfx\Xenomorph

Just search what sound that is, then make backup copy of it, make copy of another "not so loud sound" and rename it into what that loud sound name was.

Is it normal for a Terror Carrier/Ship to carry both a Terror and Assault operator on the same crash site? I just finished my campaigns first Terror Carrier assault and I was able to capture these two.

541170379_Screenshot2020-02-2516_25_12.thumb.png.bec76ccf3a0aedbf9623b5dcf7ebb735.png

-----

Also, I removed the 'workshop support' mod from the modlist, and started my new NG+2 campaign and I was able to unlock the Wolf armour, so I'd wager that was the reason it was MIA originally.

5 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

Is it normal for a Terror Carrier/Ship to carry both a Terror and Assault operator on the same crash site? I just finished my campaigns first Terror Carrier assault and I was able to capture these two.

541170379_Screenshot2020-02-2516_25_12.thumb.png.bec76ccf3a0aedbf9623b5dcf7ebb735.png

-----

Also, I removed the 'workshop support' mod from the modlist, and started my new NG+2 campaign and I was able to unlock the Wolf armour, so I'd wager that was the reason it was MIA originally.

It's normal. Terror ship crashsites contain "bonus spawns", perhaps to give some credit for shooting down craft as it takes some effort vs just raiding terror site. As said on

And someone commented earlier that terror ships also carry assault operators, cannot find where. Anyway that is intentional, not bug.

Great, enjoy campaign, this really kicks a**.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm unsure where the requirements for the Jackle Armor and other items are in the mod folder. I like to make sure everything in the game is where I want it to be, increasing and decreasing stuff before playing a serious game. The biggest hurdle right now is looking through the files, I can't find where I'm supposed to edit the items. 

All I've found is this

<Row>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.Dummy.armour.jackal</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">XArmour9</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">999</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">9999</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.Charon;1xItems.Sfarrelly</Data></Cell>
    <Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( &quot;armour.jackal&quot; );</Data></Cell>
   </Row>

Which doesn't give me the option to edit the number of Alien alloys to make Jackal armour. Looking around in other files I've yet to find anything relating to the cost of items anywhere and I'm wondering exactly where that is. 

Edited by kuhaica

On 3/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, kuhaica said:

So, I'm unsure where the requirements for the Jackle Armor and other items are in the mod folder. I like to make sure everything in the game is where I want it to be, increasing and decreasing stuff before playing a serious game. The biggest hurdle right now is looking through the files, I can't find where I'm supposed to edit the items. 

All I've found is this

<Row>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.Dummy.armour.jackal</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">XArmour9</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">999</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">9999</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.Charon;1xItems.Sfarrelly</Data></Cell>
    <Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( &quot;armour.jackal&quot; );</Data></Cell>
   </Row>

Which doesn't give me the option to edit the number of Alien alloys to make Jackal armour. Looking around in other files I've yet to find anything relating to the cost of items anywhere and I'm wondering exactly where that is. 

There you go:

\xenonauts\assets\mods\X-division\manufactures.xml

<Row>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.Jackal</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Armour &amp; Shields 0</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">5</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">10000</Data></Cell>
    <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">3xItems.Alienalloys</Data></Cell>
   </Row>

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thats a great mod i should say!

I've played xcom since ~1994. Playing x-division for the first time. Installed 1.00.11 beta. selected NG+1 iron man. I liked when 2 of my f-17 were killed by a single alien scout on the first day. And first ground mission scared me a lot when alien hp was not going down after multiple shots. I'm determined to try to win without reading any spoilers. This mod feels really great.

One weird thing is i could not buy back a new awacs plane after selling it. This is stupid... You should make awacs available from the beginning of the game.

Great job guys! Keep up the good work! Very good xcom experience! I've even came back to forum to write this post (after 7 years or so)

Thinking to make a stream

Good afternoon, I have installed the X-Division Mod after a fresh install, and of course I followed all the steps. I am actually playing the game with no bugs or errors so far, but as I have an error message each time I launch the game, I am a bit worried. If you could just help me, I show you the message

Error_Xen.png

12 hours ago, KOKON said:

Wow! Thats a great mod i should say!

I've played xcom since ~1994. Playing x-division for the first time. Installed 1.00.11 beta. selected NG+1 iron man. I liked when 2 of my f-17 were killed by a single alien scout on the first day. And first ground mission scared me a lot when alien hp was not going down after multiple shots. I'm determined to try to win without reading any spoilers. This mod feels really great.

One weird thing is i could not buy back a new awacs plane after selling it. This is stupid... You should make awacs available from the beginning of the game.

Great job guys! Keep up the good work! Very good xcom experience! I've even came back to forum to write this post (after 7 years or so)

Thinking to make a stream

As AWACS description says, it was "borrowed" and so cannot be bought. It's one of a kind. I agree it sucks but you can easily modify aircrafts.xml to make it bit more worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Dermophile74 said:

Good afternoon, I have installed the X-Division Mod after a fresh install, and of course I followed all the steps. I am actually playing the game with no bugs or errors so far, but as I have an error message each time I launch the game, I am a bit worried. If you could just help me, I show you the message

Error_Xen.png

It seems you are using language (=character encoding) that Xenonauts, X:CE or X-Division (or all of them) has difficulties to correctly encode for some reason. May also help if you could change Windows language to English. May also be Steam based error.

However that doesn't look too serious error if everything works OK.

I switched my Windows to english but it didn't solve the problem, so maybe a bug related to Steam, as Steam was still in french anyway

Thanks for the help

EDIT : I changed the Steam to english and still have the same error message at start, I will continue to play as it seems there is no issue ingame. If someone knows where it come from I would really appreciate :)

Edited by Dermophile74

5 hours ago, Dagar said:

@Dermophile74Is the vanilla Xenonauts in French? Steam should let you download the english language for the game in the properties afaik.

There is no french version of Xenonauts, only english. I reinstalled the whole game and I have the error message even when I first launch the game without the X-Division mod, so nothinng related to X-Division hopefully, thanks for your help Lo

Regards

Hello, I have played around 50 hours now, I initialy ran 2 or 3 campaigns to familiarize with the game, difficulty NG +0. Each time I stopped after 2 or 3 weeks. Now I am playing a Campaign NG +1 and reached the first Week of October. What a surprise when the first Terror attack happened the 2nd of October. I will come back to it later, here is a quick personnal review.

1 -- Theme Campaign -- 

I am really not sure if Something like that is even incorporated but theme Campaign came to my mind when my second Campaign had almost Psion Caesans on every missions (the purple ones). On my current Campaign as I said I reached the first Week of October, and still never met a single Psionic user, Strange. 

Again, I am not sure if it's related but on all campaigns except the current one I had unlocked the Asierus aircraft almost the same time the Foxtrot (very early yes). On my current Campaign, still no Asierus the first Week of October...

2 -- Game mechanics --

End of september I already researched the laser weapons, and I had enough alien alloys to build 2 sniper rifles, 2 pistols, a minigun and a rifle. I had as well a Defender tank with Pulse canon fitted. Hopefully I would say, because the first Terror ship appeared 1 or 2 days later, the 2nd of October… I really didn't expect that so early ! of course without Asierus, only some F-17s and 2 Foxtrot, no way to take him down. He finally land in Vancouver. I launch a Chinook from North Africa base, where my best men and laser weapons are. The chopper finally land in Vancouver...

Do you know that around 09:00 in the Morning in Vancouver … it's actually the night ?? Very very nice… my first terror mission, and at night… anyway the first part of the mission is really good, stress and everything as the dogs attack, and Andons with drones behind. I saved only 4 civilians but got only a single man injured. God bless my laser snipers and minigun… Now the second part of the mission, where the hunter becomes the pray… took my like one hour real time to cautionly advance during "night" and find the remaining alien forces. And what forces, this Hub thingy they called it, with his own bloody minigun almost killed another soldier.

How the hell my men are unable to throw a grenade above a car I will never understand, but now that I watched the video on the previous post I should make some tests. Yes I want to throw that grenade right on the guy that is stalking behind the car but no, the car block 90% of the line of sight… of course !!!

Watching those robot dogs running throught my men without a single one reacting just pissed me off. Description I got later from research dept says those dogs are running as fast as a trained man… It's even more pissing me off when they just kill a civilian next to you, then cross the street, kill another one, then run away… without a single move from my 3 mens (around 80 reflex)… 

As a side note, I play on Ironman yes, but I changed the vision cone of my units to be more realistic, from 90 to 120 degrees. I changed as well the one from the vehicles. I couldn't find the Defender tank in the armor file… that's a little annoying, so if someone knows where to change it, I would appreciate.

3 -- Game speed --

I never use more than x2 speed, and it is sometimes even too fast, I would really love Something between x1 and x2. For a precise intercept I launch my aircrafts in manual mode on an intercept vector, as the base game use a dog curve wich is all but efficient. If there is a setting I could change I would appreciate as well. thanks

Very very good Mod, I hope that Xenonauts 2 will be at least as good. A wish list would be prone position, stealth, and experience stats for the tank pilots as well. 

Edited by Dermophile74

1 -- Theme Campaign -- 

I am really not sure if Something like that is even incorporated but theme Campaign came to my mind when my second Campaign had almost Psion Caesans on every missions (the purple ones). On my current Campaign as I said I reached the first Week of October, and still never met a single Psionic user, Strange. 

Again, I am not sure if it's related but on all campaigns except the current one I had unlocked the Asierus aircraft almost the same time the Foxtrot (very early yes). On my current Campaign, still no Asierus the first Week of October...[/quote}

That is called randomness. Alien crews are quite random and so some things happen faster than others depending on RNG. Playing - difficulty I just got my first Wolf armour manufactured and it's 1.st November...

Basically you are not Guaranteed to get virtually anything on fixed time. It depends on RNG and your actions.

2 -- Game mechanics --

End of september I already researched the laser weapons, and I had enough alien alloys to build 2 sniper rifles, 2 pistols, a minigun and a rifle. I had as well a Defender tank with Pulse canon fitted. Hopefully I would say, because the first Terror ship appeared 1 or 2 days later, the 2nd of October… I really didn't expect that so early ! of course without Asierus, only some F-17s and 2 Foxtrot, no way to take him down. He finally land in Vancouver. I launch a Chinook from North Africa base, where my best men and laser weapons are. The chopper finally land in Vancouver...

Do you know that around 09:00 in the Morning in Vancouver … it's actually the night ?? Very very nice… my first terror mission, and at night… anyway the first part of the mission is really good, stress and everything as the dogs attack, and Andons with drones behind. I saved only 4 civilians but got only a single man injured. God bless my laser snipers and minigun… Now the second part of the mission, where the hunter becomes the pray… took my like one hour real time to cautionly advance during "night" and find the remaining alien forces. And what forces, this Hub thingy they called it, with his own bloody minigun almost killed another soldier.

How the hell my men are unable to throw a grenade above a car I will never understand, but now that I watched the video on the previous post I should make some tests. Yes I want to throw that grenade right on the guy that is stalking behind the car but no, the car block 90% of the line of sight… of course !!!

Watching those robot dogs running throught my men without a single one reacting just pissed me off. Description I got later from research dept says those dogs are running as fast as a trained man… It's even more pissing me off when they just kill a civilian next to you, then cross the street, kill another one, then run away… without a single move from my 3 mens (around 80 reflex)… 

As a side note, I play on Ironman yes, but I changed the vision cone of my units to be more realistic, from 90 to 120 degrees. I changed as well the one from the vehicles. I couldn't find the Defender tank in the armor file… that's a little annoying, so if someone knows where to change it, I would appreciate.

First alien terror mission might happen when Ticker is high enough, and that is around early October or even late September depending on how much UFO's cause havoc. Generallu I try to play Luftwaffe tactics (so much airplanes that I can shoot down almost everything) but first terror UFO is nearly impossible one.

As for every crash site and terror sites too, X-Division has same mechanics original UFO had: targetting site with at least dropship mean site does not disappear. Quite easy way to avoid night missions on hardest battles. So theoretically that first terror site could be active forever, you just need couple of dropships.

If you want air coverage back after XXX turns, check xenonauts\assets\mods\Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds\config.xml

For reflex shots, remember weapon's Reaction modifier too. Heavy weapons suck on reaction shots (0.1 modifier). Also shield wearers have fixed modifier IIRC.

Defender: xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\vehicles.xml and VEHICLE.LIGHTTANK

3 -- Game speed --

I never use more than x2 speed, and it is sometimes even too fast, I would really love Something between x1 and x2. For a precise intercept I launch my aircrafts in manual mode on an intercept vector, as the base game use a dog curve wich is all but efficient. If there is a setting I could change I would appreciate as well. thanks

Geoscape speed: xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\gameconfig.xml

<!-- GEOSCAPE TIME SETTING CONTROLS -->

Edited by Ruthless Reuban