[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Yes, you'll have to let construction missions through to construct bases in order to get the progress blocking last one (as well as some research that typically require racial bases earlier on). As far as I understand, supply ships result in bases "maturing" faster, but they'll get there eventually even if you shoot all of them down (I've had aircraft over the site to shoot it down as soon as it took off to get both the speedier growth and the spoils at the same time, and I've done the same with base builders).

You can't get a robo-sadist "corpse". In addition to that, there's a bug that causes the mission to end when you "kill" the last unit so it morphs into something else (like the un-shielded variant of the same unit, or a box), without you getting either any "corpse" or any equipment from it, so trying to get the robo-sadist last is bound to end the mission, but without getting anything additional for your troubles.

1. I'm not sure the tech tree is supposed to be accessible from without, but rather is intended to be "discovered". However, the information does exist in the file <xenonauts>\assets\mods\X-Division\researches.xml, and there's also a .graphml file that e.g. yEd can read to see dependencies to some extent, although I don't know if the file distributed matches the current game fully. Also note that research dependencies include both strict dependencies, dependencies of the type (A and B) or (C and B), as well as probabilities for candidate prerequisites unlocking the research (summing up to 100%, so getting everything unlocks everything). Also note that hacking the research file can screw up your game, at least if you change things already "discovered". Just don't mess with it unless you know exactly what you're doing (which I think only the developers do).

2. The last mod developer has retired, and so I doubt there will be any new broadcasts.

I just started a game of xdivision earlier this week and found a roadblock I wanted to ask about. I was excited to see the Charlie dropship can carry the full squad alongside the beautiful Hunter scout vehicle. It's awesome for suppressing fire, but once I got the T2 ballistic division weapons unlocked I equipped the 30mms upgraded version. It went wrong in the sense that next mission the Hunter's sprite changed and no longer could shoot as it appeared to not even have a gun. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

On 6/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, VladossX said:

I dropped the dmp file, maybe something is written there but the program for this permission did not open it.If you disable the mod in the launcher, the game starts, then the problem is in the mod.I do not understand why at night he worked, and during the day he stopped working.GOOGLE TRANSLATE

XenonautsCrashDump.dmp image.png.ac779a77e0eb7dfb09e8b280edd88b69.png

Can anyone help or write where to look for help?

@VladossXThe mod is no longer maintained by anyone, so there is no educated help here. I'd say you should try re-installing and following the installation instructions TO THE LETTER (there are nice things like version numbers to check for and e.g. the vanilla game to start once before X-Division is installed). Also compare the checksums to see if your download is valid.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a quick question and was wondering if it anyone else gets this type of bug. If not, i'll simply reinstall the mod to see if it fixes it. It seems that items with certain states like the first aid patch 5/5, the shield 160/160, and C4 have a weird bug for me. I have no idea how to replicate it, but its so absolutely crippling that when it happens it can easily be a squad wipe. Randomly while playing all of the first aid patches will sync together. Meaning i'll use a 5/5 to heal and it will drop to 0/5 as intended and will heal. The problem is that ALL first aid patches are now 0/5 and empty that the soldier is carrying. Infact it makes all the first aids i brought on the mission 0/5, even ones other soldiers carry and ones left on the drop ship. The same thing happened to me with shields. I had 8 shields, one got shot down to 2/160. Next round i lose 3 people to gunfire that the shield should have blocked. Confused, i looked at the 4 others that should have had full 160/160 and they were all 2/160. So all 8 shields became 2/160. That one ended one campaign pretty early.

C4... occasionally does the same. I primed one for 2 rounds, dropped it on the floor in front of the UFO and ran far away. 2 rounds later the C4 went off as intended, along with every C4 that any of my soldiers were carrying, resulting in an instant 8/8 squad wipe. So by priming one, all c4s were primed. I have not had this bug with the main medkit 25/25, but this has basically destroyed a couple runs in a really funny way. I wish i had the video of the C4 chain for you guys. I'm afraid to use shields/c4s/first aids now since the bug occurring once forces a retreat and abort. Does this randomly happen for anyone else? If not i'll just reinstall. And damn I really appreciate the mod guys. 

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using the unofficial version 1.0.10

Edited by Alphaswolf

I haven't heard of such a synchronization. I didn't use explosives (due to underwhelming effects when I tried to early on), but neither shields nor medipacks have caused any problems for me.

There's a known issue that melee weapons (including stun batons) are lost if they're on the ground when the battle ends (including when a soldier is knocked out, and thus has spilled all the equipment on the ground), but that's unrelated.

Very strange, i guess i'll go post in the troubleshooting then. I did a fresh installation again and followed the directions precisely to install 1.00.00 and then the .10 patch but within 2 missions of a new game it happened again. This time the soldier carrying them had all of his first aids (He was holding 4) used up after the first one was used. Other soldiers were affected at random. Some still had 5/5 patches, some had 0/5 patches. Thanks for the response, i guess i'll just avoid using c4 altogether and pray the first aids/shields dont bug out lol

Hello. can I ask two questions

1) I do not know if this is some kind of bug or not but I still cant find any allien officer (and its part of xenonauts campaign mission). I am already in 3th month and I still did not find any. only one was there who looked like one and I captued him but it wasnt him. also I am capturing almost 90% of all aliens in battle and in vanila game (which I also played) he was there in even 1th month. so I have to ask if this is some kind of bug or not.
PS: I am using 1.00.00 version not 1.00.01 because I already started with older and I already spent to muc time in it and do not want to start over again (it will be 3th time already :D ). hope this bug is  not becouse of old version

2) becouse I do not want to start a new topic I want to ask when and what exacly new phase is ? I heard it will bring new arsenal and enemies but I could not find when new phase starts

Edited by kalema

1. The boss type aliens of the first phase do not qualify as "officers", you need to get the higher ranked ones from the second phase (and above).

"The .00 to .01 patch is savegame compatible" + " As a basic rule, never patch during Ground Combat " (copied from the first page of this thread, for your convenience). The 1.00.10 "unofficial", but very last (the last maintainer has retired), patch is compatible with 1.00.01 as well. I'd definitely recommend patching the game to the latest status (and, if you do, be sure to follow the instructions to the letter, as missing a single step can result in all kind of issues). Regardless, the officer issue is not a bug (if I understand your situation correctly), and thus isn't changed between these versions.

2. I think each phase is a bit over 3 months long. Each phase slides into the next to some extent, so you're going to see some new craft, with the smaller replacements appearing earlier than the larger ones and the new ones.

Edited by PALU

I do not mean boss (even dont know there are some) in the bottom right corner (where your objectives are is) "Capturean alien officer for interogation." this objective is after "capture alien for interogaition" (when you get stun weapons) but its already 2 game months and I still didnt saw an officer type alien. in vanila game officer type alien showed up when you have been given your first stun weapon. but not in x divison mod. 

and thanks for your answer

I used the word "boss" in the sense of someone who's in command because the words "leader" and "officer" are specific levels in the game's terminology, not in the sense of "boss monster". The first level is called "chieftain", and that's the one that doesn't count. You have to go beyond that, to the second one that's actually called "officer".

X-Division is LONG. I finished the game in the middle of January, i.e. about 1 ½ years from the start. It may have taken a month or so longer than the minimum because the last critical alien asset just didn't show up for quite some time, but it takes a significant amount of time regardless.

yeah chieftain I already captured. I hope he will show himself soon becouse I do not know if the game will tell you if you are going from phase 1 to phase 2, but if next phase means new enemyes than I think I already managed to get there becouse they are already kicking my asses. and all thanks to robotic everything. even laser tehnology isnt as evective as it should be

Androns are a pain throughout, and laser tech does only just make it possible to beat them (I've tried an Andron with only Division tech, and it took about 30 bullets all hitting to bring it down). Ammo is always an issue though. Apart from new UFOs and enemies, you'll also get new enemy weapons to research as the new phase rolls in. If you haven't got that, you're still in phase 1. Androns are introduced in phase 1 but usually a little later than the organic enemies.

right now I just conquered allien base full of andoids. yeah it was really pain but I think I just moved to phase two. becouse there were andoinds with some kind shield which was imposible to penetrate with energy weapons but easy with division weapons then shield blowed up and division weapons were again useless and laser guns again the best choise. also new guns like magnetic rifle, plasma rifle (is in vanila but never saw it in xdivision mod) and dark pistol ( with somehow ignored their armor and 2 shots with it means one killed androind) so I think right know I am in phase two. also reapers which could shoot at me at long distance somehow

Force shields act as regular hand held shields in that they have to be destroyed/worn out before any damage gets to the target. However, neither kind of shield have any armor, so all damage dealt goes fully to wear them down. Also note that all kinetic and energy damage (i.e. laser and Division, in your case) that's stopped by armor contributes to wearing that armor down, so by first firing with kinetic weapons and then with lasers the kinetic weapons help the lasers to get through. The androids with force shields are the bosses of the android forces, but you can't capture robotic enemies, so they're useless for fulfilling the goal (and you're not really in a hurry to fulfill it anyway: there's plenty of time).

Robo reapers are robotic enemies (and a pain), but get a bit easier to deal with once you figure out how they work. It will probably take some encounters to figure that out, though, and further ones to figure out how to deal with it.

Edited by PALU

This is going to sound stupid but:

How do you edit weapon damage? Say if I wanted to make it so the stunsticks did a lot more stun damage at once, or the basic rifles did +10 more damage then they do?

I tried just editing the xenonauts weapon file, but even after a save, the changes didn't apply when I loaded up the game.

If I understand it correctly, the weapons_gc.xml file is the one used in ground combat. I don't know what happens if the files are out of sync or how to untangle yourself if you screw up, so if you hack you're on your own.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, Changeling_wil said:

This is going to sound stupid but:

How do you edit weapon damage? Say if I wanted to make it so the stunsticks did a lot more stun damage at once, or the basic rifles did +10 more damage then they do?

I tried just editing the xenonauts weapon file, but even after a save, the changes didn't apply when I loaded up the game. 

You did edit file from right folder? That is, \assets\mods\X-Division

And yes, weapons_gc.xml should do it.

I think the mod also includes changes to the (Windows) executable. You'd be better off running it in a Windows emulator (or install it in one and they try [and fail, with a very high probability] to copy files to the corresponding locations). Given how error prone the process is even when the installation instructions are followed to the letter and with the settings set up by the installer, I would be surprised if you managed to pull it off. You're completely on your own, however, as there's nobody left who know much about the installation process.

Hi.

I had some issues with missing tile and object textures a couple of years back - ex invisible objects, presumable cars, in a parking lot that obstructed view and line of fire and provided cover - and I stopped playing, thinking the mod needed to mature a little.

But now that I returned to it, I experienced similar issues, like a black line, several tiles wide, which was not passable by any entity, splitting the map in two. There were several objects on it, like a guard booth, news paper box, etc, but it was in every practical sense like a deep canyon straight down the middle of the map.

I havent seen anyone else post about about a similar problem, nor have I seen any YT plays with issues (not that I have seen hours upon hours of gameplay mind you), so Im wondering if its just me? Anyone care and/or able to share some light on the subject?

Edited by ZShalafi
Typos

I didn't have any major issues of that type playing through the mod. There is a small number of maps with some reasonably small invisible props, including some UFO interiors (invisible railings, in the UFOs mainly). I haven't heard of any major issues in that department either, so I'd guess you're probably mainly alone in suffering from that.

Then I dont know how to rectify it. I did as specified in the install description... It must then be some obscure settings file not located in the main game folder, maybe even in roaming...

I've read your earlier post, so i know you cant provide much support, but if its not too much of a bother, could you take a look at my mod load list and see if you can spot something out of place in there? There should only be the ones that comes along with X:CE and this mod.

Modlist.thumb.jpg.97768e18b85971cfa4d6c31f88cc0611.jpg

The differences I can spot between your list and mine are:

- X-Division Slower Invasion: It's off for me, but it's an X-Division option, and thus shouldn't cause trouble.

- COM - Ambient Sounds. You've got this enabled, while mine is disabled.

- COM - Ambient Forest. Ditto.

I think the sound ones are listed as OK, and Charon is listed (the last one supporting X-Division, nor retired), but I'd try to disable them anyway to see what happens. I don't think it will help, though.