[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

3 hours ago, Charon said:

It is not a mistake, this is how the game is meant to be played. If you ofcourse want to make it easier for you thats totally alright. If i would tell you that the laser minigun is the wrong one and you have to adjust it to the division level would you do it or rather say "Nah, its fine" ?

I fully trust in @dragess content.

As I don't remember anymore the exact numbers but a magazine must have exact number of rounds for any shot. I mean there should be not bullets for 2.5 burst shots, it should be 2 or 3. It should be 3 for that weapon probably. 

Another bug: It's now the second time I've had the game freeze as an alien tries to fire a soldier in the back as he's returning to a teleport plate. I think the alien fired a single burst as the soldier steps onto the plate, missing, and then nothing happens. At a guess, the attack interrupts the teleportation, but the game won't continue until the unit has teleported... I wouldn't be surprised if it's a base game bug, though.

27 minutes ago, PALU said:

Another bug: It's now the second time I've had the game freeze as an alien tries to fire a soldier in the back as he's returning to a teleport plate. I think the alien fired a single burst as the soldier steps onto the plate, missing, and then nothing happens. At a guess, the attack interrupts the teleportation, but the game won't continue until the unit has teleported... I wouldn't be surprised if it's a base game bug, though.

That is a game base bug. I think @Solver fixed this bug countless times, just to see it reappear somewhere else.

Another bug: I've made an Axe Mk-2 as a melee weapon, kept in in the inventory, moved it to the hands (after dropping shield/SMG, as I found it was a two handed weapon) to eliminate a reaper and its zombie (satisfying!). However, the next turn I wanted to move the weapon back and pick up the shield/SMG, and moving the axe to the inventory, but moving it only removed it from the primary hand. To clear the secondary hand I had to drop that axe (part) on the ground, and I'm fairly sure they're not supposed to multiply...

I haven't tried to pick the duplicate axe up again, though.

4 hours ago, PALU said:

Another bug: I've made an Axe Mk-2 as a melee weapon, kept in in the inventory, moved it to the hands (after dropping shield/SMG, as I found it was a two handed weapon) to eliminate a reaper and its zombie (satisfying!). However, the next turn I wanted to move the weapon back and pick up the shield/SMG, and moving the axe to the inventory, but moving it only removed it from the primary hand. To clear the secondary hand I had to drop that axe (part) on the ground, and I'm fairly sure they're not supposed to multiply...

I haven't tried to pick the duplicate axe up again, though.

Its the known dublication bug.

Another bunch of entries. I don't know if the antimatter stuff, in particular the "ancient" one, fits with existing lore.

Sonic Pistol Mk-2

25% higher damage than the Mk-1. Nothing more, nothing less.

Construction of this weapon consumes 8 Energy Cores and 8 Alien Alloys.

Sonic Rifle Mk-2

The difference between the Sonic Rifle Mk-2 and the Mk-1 is essentially a damage increase with over 20%.

The Sonic Rifle Mk-2 requires 8 Energy Cores and 8 Alien Alloys to be constructed.

Precision Sonic Mk-2

You get over 20% higher damage with the Precision Sonic Mk-2 than with the Mk-1. The ammo clip capacity is still pathetic, but at least reloading is fast enough for an experienced soldier to fire an aimed shot and reload in the same turn (this is no change from the Mk-1, though).

10 Energy Cores and 8 Alien Alloys are required to manufacture this weapon.

Sonic Cannon Mk-2

If you are currently using a Sonic Cannon Mk-1 you should definitely replace it with the Mk-2 version. While still sporting a single shot ammo clip, we have been able to cram 50% more energy = damage into it. If that's not enough, the effect radius is slightly larger, the precision higher, and the aiming has been improved to go slightly faster. With the right armour, an experience soldier might even be able to fire an aimed shot and reload in the same turn.

You have to provide us with 48 Energy Cores and 12 Alien Alloys to get one of these.

Sonic Heavy Mk-2

The Sonic Heavy Mk-2 deals 25% more damage with a slightly better accuracy than the Mk-1.

The manufacture if this weapon uses 8 Energy Cores and 8 Alien Alloys.

Sonic Pistol Mk-3

You get 20% higher damage at a 67% longer range with this retrofit.

Upgrading the Sonic Pistol Mk-2 to Mk-3 status involves 12 Energy cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 16 Alenium.

Sonic Rifle Mk-3

The Sonic Rifle Mk-3 further increases the damage dealt by the weapon with 15-20% and increases the range with 25% (which still isn't exactly impressive).

We need 12 Energy Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 16 Alenium to upgrade this weapon.

Precision Sonic Mk-3

The Mk-2 to Mk-3 retrofit results in a weapon that deals 15-20% higher damage at an increased, almost acceptable, range.

15 Energy Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 18 Alenium is required to upgrade a Precision Sonic Mk-2.

Sonic Cannon Mk-3

Retrofitting a Sonic Cannon Mk-2 to Mk-3 status results in a weapon that deals 20% higher damage at a significantly longer range.

A whopping 72 Energy Cores, 18 Alien Alloys, and 20 Alenium is required for this upgrade.

Sonic Heavy Mk-3

Retrofitting a Sonic Heavy Mk-2 to Mk-3 status results in a weapon that deals 20% more damage at a 60% longer range. While the range percentage increase is impressive, the weapon still has a somewhat short range.

We need 12 Energy Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 18 Alenium to upgrade a Sonic Heavy Mk-2.

Antimatter Technology

Commander! We have finally managed to penetrate the technological puzzle web surrounding the Alien Dark Technology sufficiently to start to apply it to weapons of our own design.

Antimatter, as you recall, is a mirror of ordinary matter where the constituent parts have reversed charge, and when matter and antimatter collide it results in an annihilation that converts all the energy in the matter and antimatter to radiation according to the well known formula E = ². The problem with antimatter is exactly that is reacts with any matter whatsoever, so a single stray atom of ordinary matter can cause a release of enough energy when hitting antimatter that the rest of the antimatter escapes its containment field, which will of course result in it being annihilated as well, as the world outside of a containment field is full of matter...
Thus, creation of antimatter is complicated, but has been performed routinely by high energy physics for decades (using factory sized facilities), but containment for longer than fractions of milliseconds have remained out of scope.
Weaponising antimatter requires the construction of a bullet sized magnetic containment device that holds the antimatter inside it during the flight to the target. The device will also have to be capable of keeping the antimatter contained when fired (hitting the walls of the container means hitting matter, and we just discussed what happens then).

We cannot create antimatter within the weapons themselves, as that requires larger equipment even with alien technology, so the ammo clips contain the antimatter where it is contained in the bullets. Fortunately, room temperature super conductors brought in with alien technology allows us to contain the antimatter for significant periods of time, although any unused clips should be returned after each mission to extract the antimatter to keep it in a safer environment: fresh ammo clips should be collected just before embarking on missions.

The practical outcome of this research is that we now know how to design an Antimatter Pistol Mk-1 and an Antimatter Rifle Mk-1 (as usual, we expect to be able to improve on our technology).
Once the Rifle has been designed, we expect to have ironed out sufficiently many wrinkles to move on to a couple of more complex extensions of the Rifle principles.

The key characteristic of Antimatter weapons is that it will cause matter/antimatter annihilation in anything it hits, resulting in a significant release of radiation that causes Incendiary damage. The "whatever it hits" part is significant, as it doesn't really matter if it's the target itself or armour worn: the radiation is produced regardless, and we haven't encountered anything in the alien technology better at stopping radiation than good old fashioned lead, and lead is heavy as, well, lead, and rather useless as armour against any other kind of abuse. This means the armour mitigation is almost perfect, i.e. virtually all the damage dealt is dealt at the target.

Basic Antimatter Technology
<Antimatter Technology doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for this tech, but it would be hard to write the text to allow for it both to be present and not>

It has certainly taken a lot of time and effort to improve on our Antimatter Technology, but we now have all the research pieces in place: it's only the designing of the actual weapons that's left.

As with the Antimatter Technology, we'll start with the designs for an Antimatter Pistol Mk-2 and Antimatter Rifle Mk-2 and continue on from the Rifle design.

Advanced Antimatter Technology

We are at the cusp of yet another improvement of our Antimatter Technology tree after a long struggle to grasp a breadth of new advanced alien technologies.

A key difference between the Antimatter Mk-3 level and "ordinary" weapon designs is that our Antimatter Mk-3 designs are sufficiently different from the Mk-2 ones to require the production of new weapons, rather than the retrofits of Mk-2 devices you would normally expect.

Ancient Antimatter Technology

No, Commander, "Ancient" does not mean the technology ceased to be relevant aeons ago, quite the contrary. It seems the aliens, for whatever strange reasons they have, have been keeping back their most advanced technology that seems to actually be ancient, possibly not even of their own design, but "borrowed" or picked up from someone else (there are characteristics in the most advanced alien technology that doesn't quite fit with the rest of it, as if the aliens didn't quite understand it, and removed the parts they didn't understand).

The practical results of this research is similar in procedure to the earlier Antimatter Technology steps: the ability to design an Antimatter Pistol Mk-4 and an Antimatter Rifle Mk-4, with more complex designs waiting for the Rifle to pave the way.
And, similar to the Mk-3 design step, the Mk-4 designs are new designs from the ground up, not retrofits of the Mk-3 version. All that advanced technology study was required for a reason, after all.

Antimatter Pistol Mk-1

The Antimatter Pistol Mk-1 is the most powerful pistol at our disposal, and that power is delivered directly at the target.

This weapon requires a fair number of different parts: 1 Energy Core, 1 Ballistic Core, 4 Alien Alloys, and 2 Alenium.

Antimatter Rifle Mk-1

High Incendiary damage delivered through virtually any armour.

We need 2 Energy Cores, 2 Ballistic Cores, 4 Alien Alloys, and 2 Alenium to manufacture this weapon.

Antimatter Sniper Mk-1

The Antimatter Sniper Mk-1 delivers high Incendiary damage through any armour encountered with an unmatched accuracy. The downside is the poor ammo clip capacity.

The manufacture of this weapon consumes 3 Energy Cores, 2 Ballistic Cores, 4 Alien Alloys, and 2 Alenium.

Antimatter Minigun Mk-1

A hail of Incendiary damage is dealt by this weapon through virtually any armour.

This killer is manufactured using 3 Energy Cores, 3 Ballistic Cores, 4 Alien Alloys, and 2 Alenium.

Antimatter Cannon Mk-1

The Antimatter Cannon Mk-1 has a fairly large "impact" area and deals a high Incendiary damage through any known armour. The single burst capacity of the ammo clip is a weak point, though.

Manufacturing an Antimatter Cannon Mk-1 uses 2 Energy Cores, 3 Ballistic Cores, 4 Alien Alloys, and 2 Alenium.

@PALUI think you can understand antimmater technology better when you know that the mk series is not a series. Every antimatter technology unlocked stands for itself, eg. you cant and shant compare them to each other, nor are advanced versions "better" than earlier ones.

The weapons hardly play a role in this, the technology to create the weapons is basically almost available after phase 1. All of the technology is put into the bullets and magazines, and thats what all the research is needed for. Antimatter weapons also hardly go out of date, because the armour penetration is as usefull in phase 1 as it is in phase 4, the marginal increase in damage sometimes neglectable. What the newer MK versions signify is a slightly improved way to contain, and release antimatter more efficiently. Ofcourse a full set of the research is necessary to guarantee that you are not blowing up your whole base and the neighbour country as well.

The only difference might be the mk4 series, which really is more powerful than the mk3 version. With the ancient knowledge and Paul the effectivness of antimatter technology increased by leaps and bounds.

The way you can describe this is that every antimatter technology research unlocked is not the antimatter research itself, eg. not the research to unlock antimatter, but rather the complete research how to contain and release antimatter in a controlled form. You can refer in every technology entry to it as "We have an improved release mechanism for our exisiting antimmater technology bestowed by Paul ... " or so.

Edit: Ofcourse later weapons also improve with this, but thats more like riding along the mainstream development train.

Edited by Charon

On 8/28/2018 at 6:22 PM, Charon said:
On 8/28/2018 at 8:02 AM, ShadowAdmiral said:

Is there a way to use med kits on unconscious soldiers? I don't need to wake them up with a stim (what was possible in both first x-com games). But right now I never managed to heal a wound of an unconscious soldier, leading to a peacful death, but still a death.

Yes, you click on the medikit, and then on the soldier.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Where has the unconscious soldier to be? On the ground or in the backpack of the soldier using that medi kit?

@ShadowAdmiral: I stand in the tile next to the soldier, put the medikit in either hand, click on the medikit, and then on the soldier (can be unconscious or "just" injured, as well as a local [keeping local forces alive provides another unit that can fire at the enemy, and keeping locals alive to the end improves the "score"], or even the soldier with the medikit). I suspect you can use the melee attack key binding as well, but I haven't tried that.

Charon (for some reason 'at' just caused the forum to enter a never ending search): After having looked at the antimatter weapons I don't see much deviating from a steady progression of range, damage, and accuracy apart from Mk-4. Each level is clearly better than the previous one, and not much happens with clip capacity either. It would have been more interesting if there'd been swings in range, accuracy and clip capacity as those could easily be motivated with different starting techs: as it is now the only reason not to replace equipment is resource management.

Anyway, I've come up with a new bunch of entries, including revisions of the antimatter techs (No Paul: I reread your post after writing those, but if you feel he's important I'm sure we can cram him in somewhere(s)). The Ancient tech is based on what I guess happens based on hints.

Basic Antimatter Technology

This research doesn't actually have much in common with Antimatter Technology except with regards to the outcome, i.e. weapons employing antimatter. It turned out the Mk-1 weaponry resulting from the Antimatter Technology were already at the limit of what the many technologies it built upon was able to provide, and so there wasn't any room to improve on it.

Antimatter weaponry act through matter/antimatter annihilation, converting the mass into radiation in the process. This means the weapons using this technology cause Incendiary damage, and that this damage is practically unstoppable: armour doesn't affect the radiation much, in particular if the radiation is produced through the annihilation of said armour. Of course, thick lead plates would block the radiation, but not even Sebillians are strong enough to be able to wear lead suits thick enough to be effective.

The Basic Antimatter Technology has been reached by scouring the technological field for every scrap of improved technology we could get out hands on, and as a result, the Mk-2 weapon line we will be able to design doesn't have much in common with the Mk-1 line from a technological and manufacturing point of view. Indeed, we don't even need to know the Antimatter Technology to reach this technology.

Compared to the Mk-1 weaponry, this line is lighter, has a longer range, deals more damage, and is more accurate.

As with the Antimatter Technology, we'll start with the designs for an Antimatter Pistol Mk-2 and Antimatter Rifle Mk-2 and continue on from the Rifle design.

Advanced Antimatter Technology

We are at the cusp of yet another generation in our Antimatter Technology tree after a long struggle to grasp a breadth of new advanced alien technologies.

This technology doesn't actually have much more in common with earlier Antimatter Technologies than the means of destruction. Everything else is new, building on a new level of alien and newly researched human technologies. This means that "Mk-3" will not provide retrofits of Mk-2 equipment, but is a new line designed from the ground up with different set of technologies as a starting point. It is sufficiently different that we don't even need to know how to produce the earlier weapon tiers.

The key characteristics of the Mk-3 Antimatter weaponry are range, large damage, and high accuracy with effectively unlimited armour mitigation.

We'll start with designs for a Pistol and a Rifle, and expand on the range from the Rifle design.

Ancient Antimatter Technology

No, Commander, "Ancient" does not mean the technology ceased to be relevant aeons ago, quite the contrary. It seems the aliens, for whatever strange reasons they have, have been keeping back their most advanced technology that seems to actually be ancient, possibly not even of their own design, but "borrowed" or picked up from someone else (there are characteristics in the most advanced alien technology that doesn't quite fit with the rest of it, as if the aliens didn't quite understand it, and removed the parts they didn't understand).

It turned out that the aliens were able to produce armour with incredible resistance, capable of stopping even Antimatter weaponry through the introduction of a new material we don't quite understand what it's made of, and certainly not how it's manufactured, but we understand its effects. There are two ways to counter such armour. One is to pummel it with sufficient abuse to break it apart, and the other is increase the annihilation effect of the antimatter technology to mitigate even absurd amounts of armour. This research is geared towards the latter approach. This line of weapons mitigates two times absurd level of armour, i.e. it mitigates twice as much armour as the earlier Antimatter Technology weapons do. Given the focus on armour mitigation, everything else has taken the back seat in the development of this weapon technology.

This line of Antimatter weapons has little in common with earlier lines, which means retrofits aren't feasible, so this line will feature new weapon designs from the ground up, using the absolutely most advanced alien technologies we have been able to find. We will start the weapon design process with the Antimatter Pistol Mk-4 and the Antimatter Rifle Mk-4 and tackle the issues involved in scaling the technology once the Rifle design issues have been solved.

Antimatter Pistol Mk-2

While everything under the hood is new, the Antimatter Pistol Mk-2 does indeed behave like an improved version of the Antimatter Pistol Mk-2. It provides a longer range, a larger ammo clip capacity, and a significantly higher accuracy.

4 Anti Cores, 6 Alien Alloys, and 4 Alenium are required to allow us to produce this weapon.

Antimatter Rifle Mk-2

All the plumbing inside is different, but the Antimatter Rifle Mk-2 feels like an upgrade of the Mk-1 version with a longer range, 33% higher damage, and high accuracy.

We need 4 Anti Cores, 6 Alien Alloys, and 4 Alenium to be able to produce this weapon.

Antimatter Sniper Mk-2

The Antimatter Sniper Mk-2 provides a long range, large damage, and excellent accuracy. The only drawback is the poor ammo clip capacity.

This weapon needs 5 Anti Cores, 6 Alien Alloys, and 4 Alenium to be manufactured.

Antimatter Minigun Mk-2

Longer range, higher damage, 50% higher ammo clip capacity, lower weight, and higher accuracy are the key differences between the Mk-2 and Mk-1 versions of this weapon.

You have to provide us with 10 Anti Cores, 6 Alien Alloys, and 4 Alenium to get one of these.

Antimatter Cannon Mk-2

The Antimatter Cannon Mk-2 offers a long range, high damage, and good accuracy (for a cannon), although the ammo clip capacity is only a single burst.

The Antimatter Cannon Mk-2 needs 6 Anti Cores 6 Alien Alloys, and 4 Alenium to be produced.

Antimatter Pistol Mk-3

The Antimatter Pistol Mk-3 has an improved range and accuracy compared to the Mk-2, and causes twice the damage. This last factor has resulted in a reduction of the number of bullets the ammo clip can hold, although only by a third, rather than half.

Manufacture of the Antimatter Pistol Mk-3 involves 8 Anti Cores, 8 Alien Alloys, and 6 Alenium.

Antimatter Rifle Mk-3

Improved range, twice the damage, and improved accuracy are key differences between the Antimatter Rifle Mk-3 and the Mk-2 model.

We need 8 Anti Cores, 8 Alien Alloys and 6 Alenium to provide you with one of these.

Antimatter Sniper Mk-3

We have designed a weapon that has a very long range and deals a significant amount of damage not attenuated by armour with deadly precision. The drawback is the two shot ammo clip capacity.

The Antimatter Sniper Mk-3 costs you 12 Anti Cores, 8 Alien Alloys, and 6 Alenium.

Antimatter Minigun Mk-3

Range and damage mitigating armour are the main selling points for this weapon.

We need 20 Anti Cores, 8 Alien Alloys, and 6 Alenium to produce this weapon.

Antimatter Cannon Mk-3

This cannon provides a long range, high damage unaffected by armour, and a high accuracy. The only point that isn't stellar is the single burst ammo clip capacity.

To manufacture this weapon we require 12 Anti Cores, 8 Alien Alloys, and 6 Alenium.

Antimatter Pistol Mk-4

If you fire this Pistol at an ordinary enemy, you'll find it does about 20% more damage than an Antimatter Pistol Mk-3. If you fire it against the new extremely heavily armoured enemies you will find that it actually does damage...

This weapon uses 12 Anti Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 8 Alenium in its manufacturing process.

Antimatter Rifle Mk-4

This weapon will actually harm the new extremely heavily armoured enemies. Against normal enemies you should see just over 15% higher damage than with the Antimatter Rifle Mk-3.

You have to provide us with 12 Anti Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 8 Alenium to get this weapon.

Antimatter Sniper Mk-4

The armour mitigation is as expected from a Mk-4 weapon, while the damage dealt is over 15% higher compared to an Antimatter Sniper Mk-3.

18 Anti Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 8 Alenium are required to allow production of this weapon.

Antimatter Minigun Mk-4

The Antimatter Minigun Mk-4 provides the signature Mk-4 armour mitigation, while providing a little more damage than its Mk-3 counterpart.

30 Anti Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 8 Alenium are used to produce this weapon.

Antimatter Cannon Mk-4

The Antimatter Cannon Mk-4 shares the Mk-4 treat of extreme armour mitigation, and provides 20% higher damage than its Mk-3 counterpart.

We need 18 Anti Cores, 10 Alien Alloys, and 8 Alenium to be able to manufacture this weapon.

Mk4 is better than anything before it, yes, but generally by not being worse, i.e. it's more or less equal apart from penetration, whereas the other steps have markedly improved everything at the same time. Here damage is a bit better, while range, accuracy, and clip capacity remain unchanged. Now, if the techs were really radically different, specs would probably be all over the place, but that's not what the current figures show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PALU said:

Mk4 is better than anything before it, yes, but generally by not being worse, i.e. it's more or less equal apart from penetration, whereas the other steps have markedly improved everything at the same time. Here damage is a bit better, while range, accuracy, and clip capacity remain unchanged. Now, if the techs were really radically different, specs would probably be all over the place, but that's not what the current figures show.

Since there are problems for the site have my like the old fashioned way. Like.

Not exactly a bug, but I've finally gotten the crypto tech and facility (still working on alien comms, which seems backwards), so I can see what's on ships. However, I can't really see it, because large parts of it are lost. I'm fairly sure there are androns with roboreapers and robodogs... I'd suggest the text to be changed to be split over at least two lines, if possible. If not, race and total unit count is better than an exact tally of half of the units, in my view.

In addition to this, there's the info I asked about earlier, namely what kind of craft it was we shot down, as that was known when the craft was engaged, and so is just a matter of "remembering". Thus, I think it would be reasonable if that info was noted from the very start.

Assuming you're using a compression utility that understands the rar format, you place all the files in the same directory and open the first file (or open the utility and pull the rar file to it, I'd expect). The utility will automatically access the content of all of them. I believe 7-Zip can handle rar files (I think that's what I used: it's been set up for a number of years, and it works, so I don't check which SW actually gets invoked).

And, by the way, you can edit your post rather than multi post.

10 hours ago, PALU said:

Not exactly a bug, but I've finally gotten the crypto tech and facility (still working on alien comms, which seems backwards), so I can see what's on ships. However, I can't really see it, because large parts of it are lost. I'm fairly sure there are androns with roboreapers and robodogs... I'd suggest the text to be changed to be split over at least two lines, if possible. If not, race and total unit count is better than an exact tally of half of the units, in my view.

We did that for the Xenomorph race. As you can see the number of Xenomorphs is nicely summarised. Here is what we had to do for the research because of it:

AddDamageBonus( "XAssassinGuard", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAssassinSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAssassinWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAssassinElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XFacehuggerGuard", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XFacehuggerSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XFacehuggerWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XFacehuggerElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XDroneGuard", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XDroneSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XDroneWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XDroneElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XWarriorGuard", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XWarriorSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XWarriorWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XWarriorElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianSoldierF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianWarriorF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XPraetorianEliteF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenSoldierF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenWarriorF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenElite", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XQueenEliteF", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XRogue", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XStalker", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XRavager", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XEmpress", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAcidlingGuard", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAcidlingSoldier", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAcidlingWarrior", 1 ); AddDamageBonus( "XAcidlingElite", 1 );

The reason we did that was because i recoded the whole Xenomorph race from the very first letter. I would have liked to have the same for the androns, but displayed crew is based on race, and drages coded the races the way he did them. If we wanted to have them a different way we would have needed to code them with that in mind. Apart from that very sensible code lines are tied to race, eg. you can only assign a deathExplosion="" to a race, but not to a rank. So if we want boxes to have an different effect on death we would have needed to move them to a different race. The same goes if we want to increase the properties for the deathExplosion="" for different phases we would also have to move it to a different race. In my oppinion its totally ok the way it is, if your read anything with robodog its andron. Just adds a bit to the difficulty of the andron race. Not optimal, but the best we can manage.

10 hours ago, PALU said:

In addition to this, there's the info I asked about earlier, namely what kind of craft it was we shot down, as that was known when the craft was engaged, and so is just a matter of "remembering". Thus, I think it would be reasonable if that info was noted from the very start.

I would think the other way around, how would you know what you are engaging only by having visual confirmation ? The bug is that you know what you are engaging in aircombat. From the common  shape you should be able to tell what you are fighting against, but concrete names should only be dropped after you have a radar available.

Edit: In the same way you could argue its only a matter of "remembering" what units you captured and the game could really display a closed pokeball above the ones you already captured. But this is what a game is about, it presents you with problems and you gotta find a solution for it. This is why we all have our lists. "Remembering" is part of the gameplay, coming to your own solution is part of the game, otherwise the game would simply summarise all critical information in every moment and you only have to make the correct choice based on the information the game presents you every moment. That would lead you to 100% dependence on the game, and would be the opposite of the free environment Xenonauts presents, pushing you to your own solutions in and out of the game.

Edited by Charon

Another X-Pedia candidate set:

Alien Wave Technology

Study of a couple of Alien Wave weapons followed by "interviews" with a captive Caesan Warrior has allowed us get a basic grasp of the Alien Wave Technology.

The Alien Wave Technology is Energy based, like the bulk of Caesan weapon technology. This time they are using radiation rather than plasma, which means this technology has clear commonalities with the Phaser Technology. This time they have added finely tuned polarisation to the mix, resulting in radiation that uses constructive polarisation interference to achieve greater destructive effects.

We believe we can take lessons learned from this technology and apply it to our own Laser Technology for a new Pulse Technology, and this research can be started immediately.

We have a hunch it should be possible to build on this technology mixed with Shock Technology to provide a new electricity based weapon line, but we probably need both interrogations and additional electronics related studies to have all the pieces in place to commence.

As usual, we expect to be able to continue on to study the Advanced Wave Technology to get a more complete picture once we have a few samples of Advanced Wave Technology weapons to study, but it's likely we also need to complement this with one or more interrogations.

Advanced Alien Wave Technology
<Advanced Electron Technology doesn't seem to rely on Electron Technology, so it looks possible to reach that without getting the basics first>

This research went unusually smoothly, for a change. We now have a fairly good grasp of the Alien Wave Technology, sufficiently so to call it Advanced. A practical result of this is that we know enough to start to improving on our Pulse Technology by integrating Energy Cores in the design of those weapons, i.e. to commence research into Advanced Pulse Technology.

We also believe this research will provide a crucial brick on the path towards an Advanced Electron Technology, but this is still but a small step, with interrogations and additional electronics knowledge likely to be required.

Alien Wave Pistol

This weapon uses the Alien Wave Technology to deal higher Energy damage than their Phaser and Plasma counterparts.

We have produced a disassembly protocol for them to extract 4 Energy Cores from every 5 weapons processed.

Alien Wave Heavy Pistol

This weapon deviates from the typical weapon lineup we have seen from the aliens so far. It is a heavy pistol that deals more damage and provides some armour mitigation. Why would they field the Alien Wave Pistol at all, when the Alien Wave Heavy Pistol seems to be a superiour weapon that doesn't seem to have any drawbacks compared to the Alien Wave Pistol? If we were to draw parallels with human history, we would speculate in it being status and/or hierarchy related. We have seen clear indications of a hierarchy among Sebillians, but not that much among Caesans.

Enough anthropological (xenothropological?) speculations for now: the practical benefit of this study is that we can now piece together 2 Energy Core kits from every 3 of these weapons.

Alien Wave Rifle

This Rifle member of the Alien Wave Technology weapon lineup has been studied to allow us to extract one Energy Core kit from each of these weapons.

Alien Wave Sniper

Avoid getting hit by one of these unless you fancy a new ventilation hole through your body. If you avoid that and bring the weapon back, we can extract 2 Energy Cores from it.

Alien Wave Heavy

The Heavy member of the Alien Wave Technology weapon line can now be disassembled to provide us with one Energy Core for each weapon processed.

Alien Wave Cannon

Our disassembly protocol for the Alien Wave Cannon provide us with 2 Energy Cores for each weapon processed.

Alien Wave Battle Rifle

The Alien Wave Battle Rifle's existence beside the Alien Wave Rifle begs the same question as with the Pistol - Heavy Pistol pair: why field both when one seems to be clearly superiour?

Anyway, if you bring these back home we can make good use of them by extracting 4 Energy Cores from each weapon.

Concerning the crypto info: It's ugly to have the crew line cut off and have the beginning of the remainder being printed on top of the "Race:" label, but it's not crucial, just annoying. I guess there will be monster units later that are useful to know about, but for now, "we're fighting androns" is sufficient (and I hate those: it's such a slog to grind them down. The only good thing is that rookies get a big increase to their TUs from all that "running back and forth in the background" training, as they're too weak to both wear an armor and carry a proper weapon). The exact unit count isn't really important, as a number of units get killed in the crash, and they're inside the craft, so you don't know how many and which race they are until you're victorious anyway. Local forces usually kill some as well.

It's a pain, yes. I have to switch the transparency to various settings during different settings (i.e. the "roof" icon). The most transparent one is required sometimes, and for that you you basically have to know where doors are, as you can't see them.