[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

13 minutes ago, Mattes98 said:

Oh my god I BEG you do not do this. I'm having enough struggles as is.

I know this decision is going to hurt, but I cannot accept fully recoverably airplanes, it feels like cheating. 

18 minutes ago, Charon said:

#JoinXCEandDoIt

Yeah but I just leaned how to edit configfiles, not that helpful.

13 minutes ago, Solver said:

This setting has a long history. Before the game was even released, lost airplanes were destroyed permanently. Then toward the release, Chris decided to change it and implement the "recovery" mechanic, as the cost of losing an airplane was too high. Then there were some strong feelings about that, with the realism aspect and all, so this toggle was one of the first things added in X:CE.

Yep I do not like that "recovery" mechanic, that is why I think that a system with a percentic change of recovery of a weaponsystem , computer etc. would be a better solution, but I do not know if this can be done.

8 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Yep I do not like that "recovery" mechanic, that is why I think that a system with a percentic change of recovery of a weaponsystem , computer etc. would be a better solution, but I do not know if this can be done.

*Imitates Solver*

The recover mechanic has a long and dreadful history in X-Division. Drages decided the airplanes to be recoverable, but than somebody with more evil intentions decided to make them permanently destroyable. He put it in a mod called "Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds". After some dreadful incidents with a lot of lost hair even he had to admit that this may have been too much for people to bear, and removed it again.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charon said:

The recover mechanic has a long and dreadful history in X-Division. Drages decided the airplanes to be recoverable, but than somebody with more evil intentions decided to make them permanently destroyable. He put it in a mod called "Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds". After some dreadful incidents with a lot of lost hair even he had to admit that this may have been too much for people to bear, and removed it again.

Okay I see, well I am going to try with my changes anyway. If it proves to be to much to handle, maybe I think of some workaround system with less expensive planes and maintenence.

On ‎01‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Svinedrengen said:

Hej Charon, one question :

What is the damageformula for X-Division? Is it the same as the original game at 50% - 150%? I can not find the formula in the files or the game, but I seem to remember dealing 100 something damage whit the sniper rifle whit basedamage of 60, which would indikate it to be more than 150%, I could remember it wrong and it was a rocket, but I am quite possitiv it was whit the sniper, and after you changed the configfile to my likings, I do not dare to change it back to test and find out myself in case of screwing something up in the proces.

If I do remember it wrong, is it possible to change it to 200%? Or would it be gamebreaking? All weapons should have the possibility to deal at least doble the basedamage if it is a vital/critical hit if you ask me. Now as for dealing less than 50% I am not sure, 25% could work but not sure, 0% is to low and it can lead to some crazy random battles. What is your oppinion about this?

As Charon already answered, the damage range is normally set to 50%-150%.

But there are other modifiers too, like bonus damage for each kind of captured alien. You get 1-2% per type. This can sum up in later game.

15 hours ago, varangos said:

i dont know its a bug but i dont loose money in the geoscape,when i buy buildings/equipement i loose the appropriate amount but in the geoscape i dont loose anything.

is this normal?

i also need to add that at the end of each month i end with more money from what i had before even if my relations with most countries is poor.

17 hours ago, Charon said:

<DamageRandomChance>50</DamageRandomChance>

Now if I understand this correctly, I can only change to example 25% - 175% or 0% - 200% and so on, there is no way to change it to example 50% - 200% or 25% - 200% true?

Edited by Svinedrengen

5 hours ago, Marandor1 said:

But there are other modifiers too, like bonus damage for each kind of captured alien. You get 1-2% per type. This can sum up in later game.

Aha noch ein deutscher, viele deutsche menschen im diese forum. Ich kommst auf Dænemark so Ich verstanden deutsch sehr gut, alot better than speaking/writing it, I do not approve of die deutsche grammatik. Maybe I will watch your videos later on, but I want to experince the game as blindly as possible. Your videos do look good though :).

Edited by Svinedrengen
  • Like 1

Hello, I am having an issue where trying to capture a landed UFO will cause my game to crash. I am using the latest Steam Community Edition branch of the game. Here is a collection of three snippits that show my mod load order and a little of my system information.

3 hours ago, Half-full said:

Hello, I am having an issue where trying to capture a landed UFO will cause my game to crash. I am using the latest Steam Community Edition branch of the game. Here is a collection of three snippits that show my mod load order and a little of my system information.

You did not follow the installation instructions, please read them carefully again.

You will have to start a new game.

Edited by Charon

Marandor1, easy airgame?? Nein nein nein nein nein das geht es nicht:mad:... just kidding of course, aber warum? I personally enjoy the new and improved airgame that was much needed, hard yes impossibly definately NO. Thanks you Charon for making the airgame meaningful and enjoyable.

Edited by Svinedrengen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

Hej Charon. 

Do you have an estimation of when this version comes, and will it be savecompatible? I play version 0.99.45

The version comes out when it comes out and won´t be savecompatible. You can already look through the revised tech tree here:

• Like 1

Alright, I'm back again.

This time, I found a way to Softlock the game! Its very simple and I believe it is caused by the facehugger trying to do a reflex attack(Or possibly the zombie right behind him arguing about who shoots him first).

STR:

Load up Save.

Select Soldier Pietro Rossi.

Shoot the Facehugger next to him. The game will now softlock and you are unable to do anything besides Exiting the game.

216.F17.sav

Edited by Mattes98

so i assault  a base

-2nd round 6 wraiths teleport inside the starting room and kill 7 of my men

-next round doors open and ceasans kill my tank and my last man.

the same happened with the other races,with the lizards i get team wipe out by the second round as the bullsomething come in and turn them to zombies.

and this is just an outpost.

14 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Marandor1, easy airgame?? Nein nein nein nein nein das geht es nicht:mad:... just kidding of course, aber warum? I personally enjoy the new and improved airgame that was much needed, hard yes impossibly definately NO. Thanks you Charon for making the airgame meaningful and enjoyable.

Everyone has his game style he likes.

My favorite games offer turn based combat. I want to use my brain and my creativity for winning. I want to develop a strategy and like to think about alternatives. In my opinion XD ground combat is gigantic in that part.

Airgame is mainly about reaction and quickness - things I liked in games around 30 years ago :) 

No offense for people who really like the airgame - it's just not my thing :)