[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

57 minutes ago, Suave said:

I will wait for someone smarter then me to answer this in a technical way, but out of experience - If you save the game in GC and try to start the mission few times, you may expect different results each time - it also works with terror missions by the way...Not so much with regular downed UFOs )I think).

But I did not use save / load between the first and second visit of the alien outpost. The first time I clicked the "abort mission", I returned the Valkyrie to my base, picked up the grenades and quickly flew to the alien outpost again. And there is already another race of aliens! This is not realistic...

25 minutes ago, Dub said:

Hello! I've got an incredibly unstable GC game here that keeps crashing all the time while taking different actions throughout the map, such as getting shot or shooting aliens. Could someone take a look for me to see if you guys can finish this mission or if it's just me? I've had it crash for me about 10 times already. It's a shot down large ufo (I think they're called Cruisers?) filled with Caesans at the start of the 2nd phase. I have stunned a great deal of aliens, including the big boss xenomorph + two warriors, the operator, a psion, a soldier and two wraiths.

I've tried reinstalling the mod from scratch by deleting and redownloading the game on Steam and that. I have deleted the internal files from the AppData folder countless times. I do use a couple of other mods, but they're all cosmetic such as SteelGonad's Names of the World so I don't see how they would interfere.

I've also tried opening the game in gc_editor and while it did work out for a while, it ended up crashing anyway when a Caesan shot me as a reaction shot and the first bullet dealing damage.

The only thing I see happening in the log files is this:
Fri Mar 10 16:22:17 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Fri Mar 10 16:22:17 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/alien/Wraith/SoldierSupport/none/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
Fri Mar 10 16:22:18 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Fri Mar 10 16:22:18 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/alien/Wraith/Soldier/none/soldier_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.

I'd love to get some feedback on what's going on with this particular GC, if it's just on my end or something more severe.

Crash-Division.sav

3.3 Troubleshooting

This mod is %98 stable. If you got any weird problems like aliens without guns, strange visual errors, game crashes, they should be about wrong install or mod loader issues. Be sure that you got X:CE, X-Division and X-Division Patch is installed and then come to our topic with your save game and we will help you. 

Sincerely yours, Drages

NEVER USE THE MODLOADER DELETE BUTTON, ITS BUGGED AS HELL. Rather delete the mod folder from your mods/... folder directory. If you have a subscribed workshop mod then unsubscribe first then manually delete the folder in your mods/... directory.

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help when you make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

4 hours ago, Fenoftal said:

I will describe the situation ... I flew to the alien outpost and saw Androns there. It turned out that I do not have emp grenades with me, and I returned to my base to take grenades. But when I flew back to the same alien outpost, there were already sebillians! WTF? Why?

1 hour ago, Suave said:

I will wait for someone smarter then me to answer this in a technical way, but out of experience - If you save the game in GC and try to start the mission few times, you may expect different results each time - it also works with terror missions by the way...Not so much with regular downed UFOs )I think).

7 minutes ago, Fenoftal said:

But I did not use save / load between the first and second visit of the alien outpost. The first time I clicked the "abort mission", I returned the Valkyrie to my base, picked up the grenades and quickly flew to the alien outpost again. And there is already another race of aliens! This is not realistic...

First, calm your tits, second, thats wrong.

@Suave What you are describing is quite wrong, the race which creates a GC gets set when the UFO spawns, so no amount of loading a GC nets you a different race. The same should apply for Terror Sites.

@Fenoftal Everytime you engage an alien base a random race gets selected. Thats just how Xenonauts works.

27 minutes ago, Charon said:

3.3 Troubleshooting

This mod is %98 stable. If you got any weird problems like aliens without guns, strange visual errors, game crashes, they should be about wrong install or mod loader issues. Be sure that you got X:CE, X-Division and X-Division Patch is installed and then come to our topic with your save game and we will help you. 

Sincerely yours, Drages

NEVER USE THE MODLOADER DELETE BUTTON, ITS BUGGED AS HELL. Rather delete the mod folder from your mods/... folder directory. If you have a subscribed workshop mod then unsubscribe first then manually delete the folder in your mods/... directory.

If you want some help when you make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

While I definitely understand there are countless people that don't read the instructions, I'm sorry to inform you I have done everything according to the instructions given, I even put the mods in the same order as the screenshot that you posted. I have my load order attached to this post and I can assure you that everything was installed the way you had written in your original post, Charon.

To explain some of the mods on the list that are not found on yours:
MoreIcons: My own modded version of the "More soldier role icons" that literally does nothing but add soldier role icons. The icons have been modified from an old mod from I think 2013 or 2014 on these forums, colour inverted to match the icons you guys use.

After SteelGonad's Names of the World mod, the modloader order (Couldn't fit it in one picture) is:
X:CE Extra Map Pack
X:CE Balance Adjustments
X:CE Settings
X:CE Base Mod

modloader.PNG

EDIT: While running the debugger, every time the game freezes, the debugger has this line as its last output:

[5148] Couldn't get Steam Controller input : ACCESS DENIED - reverting to default M/KB Configuration

I most certainly do not understand why this is happening as I do not own a Steam Controller or anything that could possibly be interpreted as such, but I do realize the freeze seems to be beyond the mod itself. Should I report this to the X:CE developers?

Edited by Dub
Added interesting info from the xeno_debugger.

@Dub

modloader.thumb.PNG.9ce01495acd401aaffd753906eb45d64.PNG

If you just want to finish the mission:

Units can spawn outside map tiles in base attacks - If that happens make sure you did in that mission what you wanted to do, then save and exit. Start the game with the Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe in mods/xce/... and load up your save. Press "V" to kill every non xenonaut unit. Save and exit and continue to play like normal.

As a general rule never patch something during GC.

30 minutes ago, Dub said:

I most certainly do not understand why this is happening as I do not own a Steam Controller or anything that could possibly be interpreted as such, but I do realize the freeze seems to be beyond the mod itself. Should I report this to the X:CE developers?

No.

22 minutes ago, Charon said:

@Dub

modloader.thumb.PNG.9ce01495acd401aaffd753906eb45d64.PNG

If you just want to finish the mission:

As a general rule never patch something during GC.

No.

I must say that it's very interesting that X:CE ships with the wrong version of the Tropical and Swamp Tileset and, yes, Ambient Sounds seems to crash the Tropical/Swamp maps according to other people. I will try that to see if that's the issue at hand. I also find it funny that the Ambient Sounds mod is what you yourself have in your own screenshots:

Modloader 99.33.png

Either way, thanks. We'll see how this works out.

EDIT: Yup, it worked. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Dub

Guess its been awhile since anyone has bothered to say anything here. Im new to the site and havent browsed through every single post, but are you peeps still pushing out patches or updates? Even if its at a slow pace? And does anyone here need help Installing X Division? I figured it out for windows and its not that bad. If you are still having troubles and cant fight help or properly follow the somewhat complex text wall up there, just message me on steam. ID is "Prophet Of Merci"  (Cat and a bong in the picture)

alright then. Well i need help next i guess. Long story short. All new research i complete, with the new stuff being manufacturable, is not in the workshop menu. The entire list is blank, as if i started a new game without any research done and no new things to make.In X division, i already hit alien ballistics and flamers with the defender, mauser, and f-24 planes plus the foxtrot. Yet nothing is there when i view the workshop. Im 100% sure i fucked something up on my part when it came to the installation process. Perhaps it may be the mod priorities or something of the sort. If you have any idea how to solve this issue, please do tell.

1 minute ago, ProphetOfMerci said:

alright then. Well i need help next i guess. Long story short. All new research i complete, with the new stuff being manufacturable, is not in the workshop menu. The entire list is blank, as if i started a new game without any research done and no new things to make.In X division, i already hit alien ballistics and flamers with the defender, mauser, and f-24 planes plus the foxtrot. Yet nothing is there when i view the workshop. Im 100% sure i fucked something up on my part when it came to the installation process. Perhaps it may be the mod priorities or something of the sort. If you have any idea how to solve this issue, please do tell.

3.3 Troubleshooting

Sincerely yours, Drages

Good evening, had a few questions. Perhaps they seem simple. 

1)  need to collect during the battle, with corpses all artifacts ? or are they ALL going after the fight?
2) If I shoot down ALL ufo and run an operation on all the downed UFO it slows down the process of invasion ? or not?
3) Where can I see the hotkeys?

4) where can  look all  reserch tree an whom my nead cap for take tehnology? ( or mb nead mod for  see whom im caped whom steal nead?) 

*ps sor for engl its not my native* 

1 minute ago, Seeker said:

1)  need to collect during the battle, with corpses all artifacts ? or are they ALL going after the fight?

?

All items on the ground should be automatically looted at the end of the battle, the only exception are xenonaut "grenade" and "ammo" items, including melee ones, those you need to collect manually again.

3 minutes ago, Seeker said:

2) If I shoot down ALL ufo and run an operation on all the downed UFO it slows down the process of invasion ? or not?

Reportedly yes, althoug there is no hard evidence. Supply runs will increase the speed of the invasion for sure though.

7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

3) Where can I see the hotkeys?

Esc > Options

8 minutes ago, Seeker said:

4) where can  look all  reserch tree an whom my nead cap for take tehnology? ( or mb nead mod for  see whom im caped whom steal nead?) 

Nowwhere, its more like dieing and learning ^^.

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but how does one swap soldiers in and out of the dropship on the base roster screen. I have 2 soldiers wounded which I believe that I cannot remove from the dropship allocation ( although this seems daft  to me ) but I have 2 unallocated soldiers that I want to have mission experience. However no matter what I do or where I click on the roster screen I cannot swap 2 healthy allocated solders for the 2 unallocated ones . What do I have to do ?

Many Thanks

DavidRuss

PS by the way I am getting random game lockups when playing ( even CTL+ALT+DELETE is locked up ) and the only way around is to reboot the computer thereby losing any unsaved moves. My loaded mods are as attached - is there anything that could cause the game to suddenly lock up?2017-03-12 (1).png 

Edited by davidjruss

8 minutes ago, davidjruss said:

Apologies if this seems a stupid question but how does one swap soldiers in and out of the dropship on the base roster screen. I have 2 soldiers wounded which I believe that I cannot remove from the dropship allocation ( although this seems daft  to me ) but I have 2 unallocated soldiers that I want to have mission experience. However no matter what I do or where I click on the roster screen I cannot swap 2 healthy allocated solders for the 2 unallocated ones . What do I have to do ?

Many Thanks

DavidRuss

Below the Medals there is a text saying Dropship Assignement, and next to it is a dropdown menu.

Give more information about what happens when the game locks up.

58c5aa8e6b179_2017-03-12(1).png.dd5b2b0c8e99d60aa6626c9aa6b9d614.png

I mean dont use the delete button.

Charon , 

Thanks for your reply. 

For some reason clicking underneath the medals on the roster screen had no effect whatsoever and my original soldiers were doomed to be assigned to the dropship until ( i presume ) killed.

For this reason i have had to uninstall Xenonauts from my Steam folder and re-install from scratch.

My first attempt at this resulted in the game crashing every time I clicked on the base soldier equipment screen with the message " xenonauts has caused windows to stop working ..." ( or similar ) so a further uninstall and re-install was required..

I tried following your mod list and mod order to the letter but I got  messages about X-ce not working due to required mods not in correct order or not active ( " The Xenonauts Community Edition Mods are either not active or they do not have the recommended mod Priority. Do you want to fix this automatically ? " ) Clicking NO lock the computer forcing a reboot  , clicking YES results in the mod list and order as shown in the attachments.

i think that I now have another  working X-Division game and the soldier screen seems to allow me to assign and un-assign soldiers  ( at least at the commencement of the game ).

I have to attempt a session with missions to investigate if the game is stable or still prone to crashing.  

PS Why however do I get  messages re the X-CE not working  if I follow your mod list ?

DavidRuss 

2017-03-13 (3).png

2017-03-13 (4).png

Edited by davidjruss

3 hours ago, davidjruss said:

Charon , 

Thanks for your reply. 

For some reason clicking underneath the medals on the roster screen had no effect whatsoever and my original soldiers were doomed to be assigned to the dropship until ( i presume ) killed.

For this reason i have had to uninstall Xenonauts from my Steam folder and re-install from scratch.

My first attempt at this resulted in the game crashing every time I clicked on the base soldier equipment screen with the message " xenonauts has caused windows to stop working ..." ( or similar ) so a further uninstall and re-install was required..

I tried following your mod list and mod order to the letter but I got  messages about X-ce not working due to required mods not in correct order or not active ( " The Xenonauts Community Edition Mods are either not active or they do not have the recommended mod Priority. Do you want to fix this automatically ? " ) Clicking NO lock the computer forcing a reboot  , clicking YES results in the mod list and order as shown in the attachments.

i think that I now have another  working X-Division game and the soldier screen seems to allow me to assign and un-assign soldiers  ( at least at the commencement of the game ).

I have to attempt a session with missions to investigate if the game is stable or still prone to crashing.  

PS Why however do I get  messages re the X-CE not working  if I follow your mod list ?

DavidRuss 

2017-03-13 (3).png

2017-03-13 (4).png

Did you follow step 5 of the installation instrunction ?

Was the video helping you ?

58c6ce1c58873_2017-03-13(3).png.734259e490a175d057a7b570c73eb734.png58c6ce2525f6f_2017-03-13(4).png.d475f13663bbc7175c9ff40dacde5e33.png

On 3/10/2017 at 5:14 PM, Charon said:

Hey guys, 

Great work so far, I am loving all (well, vast majority at least) of the mod, but I would just like to mention few things that I may feel about differently to you - feel free to turn them flat, but it is just a food for thought:

1) Rippers - actually, the only enemies I am afraid of. Yeah, sure, others are nasty as well,especially with the new AI you have given them, but these guys I purely hate - one-shooting my colonels/majors and running out of nowhere - there is just no way to defend against them. Or is there? Can you please share you ideas on how to deal with them? I was hoping that Predator armour (looks like power armour) will protect me against them (like a vehicle) but it is not the case....I am honestly at the point that when I see sebillians at the mission, I pull back all my experienced soldiers and send privates to the front as a cannon fodder, supported by a tank. I guess that it is the intended way to be, but is there a way of "modding" this for my personal use only - meaning turning perma-kill off and giving them powerful melee/stun attack like bulls (or alphas? I forgot the names...the black and the green ones). Sorry, these guys are just killing the fun and since I play ironman (I do backups though) they are increasingly getting on my nerves... By the way - I have had only one or two freezes in my whole campaign so far, so well done for the stability of the mod!

2) Planes - I DO enjoy the new air-fights, makes you really think instead of the old boring ones/autoresolve. 

But... I still think they are a bit too easy due to the lack of strategic aspect to it (tactical is good) - your planes re-spawn at your base. Now this is a bit of a killjoy aspect, as I do not really care about them - as long I can shoot down an UFO, I am happy, no matter the losses....Perhaps you could add financial aspect to loosing your planes? I do not know - maybe a monthly maintenance worth or something along these lines? Basically, something that would make you feel bad for loosing your plane in a battle. Tanks do not re-spawn, just saying.... I hate to say this, but this is one thing I much preferred in the old, unpolished (and buggy as hell) mods like XNT/Xenophobia/etc. There were maybe 30-40 types of planes (I might be wrong about the numbers) to choose from, ranging from crappy F-5 to F-15 and SR-71s if I remember correctly and loosing them in a fight did cost you, so I used to cherish and care about them since they were not re-spawning for free - you had to buy/build them again. Right now, after few months (in phase 2 with cruisers datacores for sale) I have 6 bases, 3 with workshops and soldiers + lots of hangars (no air defense) and 3 with hangars and  air defense only (well, one is housing all my scientists,so few hangars less). There is just no way for an UFO to get through - including massive ones. My corsairs/sondas/heavy alien fighters (and few regular fighters) armed with plasma/mag cannons/piranhas basically own enemy escorts and can even bring down the big guys with a bit of luck/skill. If not - my lancers/foxtrots with gravity/alenium torpedoes will destroy everything slow and heavy. And I do not care that they will not make it back home - there are enough of bases/hangars/planes around to cover the whole wave...In either case - I do not care about the losses, they will be up and running again when the new wave arrives and it does not cost me anything to retrieve them (by the way - veeeeery unrealistic, it is far more likely to retrieve a tank after a battle....).

Please do not take this in a personal/bad way, but these are just my feelings after playing for quite a while.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Suave
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Suave said:

1) Rippers - actually, the only enemies I am afraid of. Yeah, sure, others are nasty as well,especially with the new AI you have given them, but these guys I are purely hate - one-shooting my colonels/majors and running out of nowhere - there is just no way to defend against them. Or is there? Can you please share you ideas on how to deal with them? I was hoping that Predator armour (looks like power armour) will protect me against them (like a vehicle) but it is not the case....I am honestly at the point that when I see sebillians at the mission, I pull back all my experienced soldiers and send privates to the front as a cannon fodder, supported by a tank. I guess that it is the intended way to be, but is there a way of "modding" this for my personal use - meaning turning perma-kill off and giving them powerful melee/stun attack like bulls (or alphas? I forgot the names...the black and the green ones). Sorry, these guys are just killing the fun and since I play ironman (I do backups though) they are increasingly getting on my nerves... By the way - I have had only one or two freezes in my whole campaign so far, so well done for the stability of the mod!

If zombify on hp death would be possible it would be in X-Division.

14 minutes ago, Suave said:

2) Planes - I DO enjoy the new air-fights, makes you really think instead of the old boring ones/autoresolve. 

But... I still think they are a bit too easy due to the lack of strategic aspect to it (tactical is good) - your planes re-spawn at your base. Now this is a bit of a killjoy aspect, as I do not really care about them - as long I can shoot down an UFO, I am happy, no matter the losses....Perhaps you could add financial aspect to loosing your planes? I do not know - maybe a monthly maintenance worth or something along these lines? Basically, something that would make you feel bad for loosing your plane in a battle. Tanks do not re-spawn, just saying.... I hate to say this, but this is one thing I much preferred in the old, unpolished (and buggy as hell) mods like XNT/Xenophobia/etc. There were maybe 30-40 types of planes (I might be wrong about the numbers) to choose from, ranging from crappy F-5 to F-15 and SR-71s if I remember correctly and loosing them in a fight did cost you, so I used to cherish and care about them since they were not re-spawning for free - you had to buy/build them again. Right now, after few months (in phase 2 with cruisers datacores for sale) I have 6 bases, 3 with workshops and soldiers + lots of hangars (no air defense) and 3 with hangars and  air defense only (well, one is housing all my scientists,so few hangars less). There is just no way for an UFO to get through - including massive ones. My corsairs/sondas/heavy alien fighters (and few regular fighters) armed with plasma/mag cannons/piranhas basically own enemy escorts and can even bring down the big guys with a bit of luck/skill. If not - my lancers/foxtrots with gravity/alenium torpedoes will destroy everything slow and heavy. And I do not care that they will not make it back home - there are enough of bases/hangars/planes around to cover the whole wave...In either case - I do not care about the losses, they will be up and running again when the new wave arrives and it does not cost me anything to retrieve them (by the way - veeeeery unrealistic, more likely to retrieve the tank after a battle....).

I do see the same problem but not an easy straightforward solution.

The main problem i have is that right now Terror UFOs are incredibly easy to get shot down with suicide runs. Just launch 6 bombers and it will get shot down. Or launch 9, its basically just a matter of numbers, not skill. And the losses are minimal.

The main disadvantage about enabling permanent destruction of planes is that it demotivates experimenting, since that would mean a lot of destroyed planes, and your campaign can only sustain that much destroyed airplanes to stay alive. And i REALLY want to motivate you to experiment.

The other issue that the mod is already as hard as it is. I havent seen a single youtuber get into phase 2 yet, and ... thats just the tutorial.

A possible solution would be to increase the recovery time for destroyed airplanes to 16 days. This would really hurt but still give you the option to manually decommission an aircraft and make a new one if you wish so, but you would also loose all the valuable equipment which you didnt recover yet. OR you simply wait 16 days and get everything back.

As much as this sounds reasonable it would alienate most players from getting experience, so i think this might be something you should change on your own.

in the gameconfig

<recoverTime value="96"   comment="Hours needed to recover an airplane from 0% to 1% (Above 1% will use repairRate)" />

change the value to 384 hours for 16 days.

Mayne i will increase the hours a bit.

56 minutes ago, Suave said:

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your support :).

On 3/10/2017 at 5:14 PM, Charon said:

Thank you Charon,

I suppose you are right, the mod is HARD. I will change my recovery times for my own joy and that should do. Or I will think about turning re-spawn off, not sure yet, I will see how the extended recovery will work. Although it is sort of giving myself a handicap in an already difficult mod lol.  I still think you should increase the recovery/repair time in your next patch, but I will not argue about it as you already told me how to do it on my own.

Slightly off topic - healing time of soldiers should also double I think, they usually are fit for the next wave, unless they were close to 0hp. That will prevent running "A-Team" on every mission.

I am sorry to be a pain about this, but since I would like to restart a new Veteran Ironman campaign with these changes, could I kindly ask about the release date of the new patch? I know, it is ready when it is ready, but I do not want to re-start now and again within few days /weeks. I surely appreciate that you guys lack manpower but you make up for this with your resolve and commitment. I saw some interesting features on Phoenix's gameplay so I am guessing that the progress is there.

Coming back to rippers - is there any kind of great tactics you use against them? As I said, I use expendable privates (RIP brothers) or tanks. I got really angry on Sunday when I spent good few hours playing the game and I forgot to back up my saves - lost 2 majors, 1 colonel and a lieutenant within 2 turns on some downed cruiser (or was it a landing ship?) mission, all zombified...got quite angry actually.  

Thank you for your great mod (and a patience to write back to my posts).

1 hour ago, Suave said:

Coming back to rippers - is there any kind of great tactics you use against them? As I said, I use expendable privates (RIP brothers) or tanks. I got really angry on Sunday when I spent good few hours playing the game and I forgot to back up my saves - lost 2 majors, 1 colonel and a lieutenant within 2 turns on some downed cruiser (or was it a landing ship?) mission, all zombified...got quite angry actually.  

Thank you for your great mod (and a patience to write back to my posts).

My response to reapers usually is to nerf their TU, but that might just be a developer option.

1 hour ago, Suave said:

Slightly off topic - healing time of soldiers should also double I think, they usually are fit for the next wave, unless they were close to 0hp. That will prevent running "A-Team" on every mission.

This is another controvers change. I totally agree with you that this is something which should be on the list, but my doubts are about the managing of soldiers. If you completely have to reassign a new team for every wave with 2 chinooks than you will solely spend 20 minutes ONLY (!) on managing soldiers. This might be too much, as much as i think your idea is good the game doesnt really allow it. After all this is Xenonauts and not XCom where you select abilities and 2 kinds of grenades for every soldiers and thats it.

1 hour ago, Suave said:

I am sorry to be a pain about this, but since I would like to restart a new Veteran Ironman campaign with these changes, could I kindly ask about the release date of the new patch? I know, it is ready when it is ready, but I do not want to re-start now and again within few days /weeks. I surely appreciate that you guys lack manpower but you make up for this with your resolve and commitment. I saw some interesting features on Phoenix's gameplay so I am guessing that the progress is there.

I can safely say that not any new version will launch within the next month. There is also the dedicated tester version available but i think i have my hands full.

1 hour ago, Suave said:

few hours playing the game and I forgot to back up my saves

Dont play hard Ironmann, make it a free Ironmann. Saving in the game is easier than having to make backups on your desktop.

Edited by Charon

1 hour ago, Charon said:
1 hour ago, Charon said:

My response to reapers usually is to nerf their TU, but that might just be a developer option.

This is another controvers change. I totally agree with you that this is something which should be on the list, but my doubts are about the managing of soldiers. If you completely have to reassign a new team for every wave with 2 chinooks than you will solely spend 20 minutes ONLY (!) on managing soldiers. This might be too much, as much as i think your idea is good the game doesnt really allow it. After all this is Xenonauts and not XCom where you select abilities and 2 kinds of grenades for every soldiers and thats it.

I can safely say that not any new version will launch within the next month. There is also the dedicated tester version available but i think i have my hands full.

Dont play hard Ironmann, make it a free Ironmann. Saving in the game is easier than having to make backups on your desktop.

Thank you Charon,

I will restart the new campaign then and get some more experience before the new patch release lol.

I agree that managing your soldiers takes time, but...this is a good thing honestly. And I run on 3 Chinooks lol. You get to know your squads and it hurts all the more when someone dies. I appreciate that you are creating a mod to the general public and it may not be to everyone's taste, but hey - it is not X-com lol, no arcade easy stuff here. Having said that - I suppose I can adjust the healing times myself a bit.

In terms of Ironman - I play every game on IM if there is one available, otherwise I feel like save scumming and I get bored quickly...So it is just a personal preference. And honestly - is there even a way of loosing the campaign with save/load enabled? You can pretty much nullify each wrong decision. By January 1980 you could be running A-Team of commanders....nahh....But thank you for advice.

Speaking of advice - would you mind saving me time and letting me know which files do I have to tweak to cut Rippers' TUs? Is it also in the base file of the mod, or do I have to change anything in the game main files/xce files? I am asking, because last time I was trying to adjust the weight of medkits and that did not go too well - I changed it in few files, but the game was still showing the original values. And that was with starting a new game. 

Thank you yet yet yet again - I shall await the new release with utmost trepidation lol. This is the best mod for Xeno/UFO type games ever. And I have played most of them I think - my first UFO was on my Amiga 600...good old times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suave said:

Speaking of advice - would you mind saving me time and letting me know which files do I have to tweak to cut Rippers' TUs? Is it also in the base file of the mod, or do I have to change anything in the game main files/xce files? I am asking, because last time I was trying to adjust the weight of medkits and that did not go too well - I changed it in few files, but the game was still showing the original values. And that was with starting a new game. 

aiprops.xml -       <Props APs="70" Resilience="150" Strength="60" Accuracy="100" Reflexes="40" Bravery="200" Abilities="Zombify,MeleeVehicles" CrouchDisabled="1" />     <Rank  type="Reaper">

If you have an correct install you only need to modify X-Divisions aiprops, otherwise look for the mod with the highest priority.

3 hours ago, Suave said:

I agree that managing your soldiers takes time, but...this is a good thing honestly. And I run on 3 Chinooks lol. You get to know your squads and it hurts all the more when someone dies. I appreciate that you are creating a mod to the general public and it may not be to everyone's taste, but hey - it is not X-com lol, no arcade easy stuff here. Having said that - I suppose I can adjust the healing times myself a bit.

Its not a bad idea, i will make a note to use it for another system which i plan to implement in the far far future.

• Like 1