[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

12 minutes ago, Subcode said:

Hey guys,

as I have pretty the same problem, with the quicksave games. But here is a little "trick" which I use when the game start to crash... I quit the game and do the step 5 of the installation guide on the first page "5. Delete your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder " afterwards I restart the game and load the (prior "broken") quicksave game, which runs then quite stable for a longer time. I know it does not fix the problem, but sometimes it is quite useful e.g if you are in end of a mission and the game always freezes e.g. at mission end screen and doesn't change to the geoscape screen.

At least I was so able to finish some of my crash sites missions, maybe it helps some of you, too.

It's strange.. if it's true, the new UI makes something to the game which we don't know.. hmm.. can you share some of your saves just before crash?

7 minutes ago, drages said:

It's strange.. if it's true, the new UI makes something to the game which we don't know.. hmm.. can you share some of your saves just before crash?

Hi Drages, 

sorry, I don't have a "broken" quicksave game at the moment as I always overwrite it, but I will save at the beginning of each fight from now on a separate savegame and when the quicksave game starts to crash I will post both savegames here in the forum. I hope this is fine for you.

Just now, Subcode said:

Hi Drages, 

sorry, I don't have a "broken" quicksave game at the moment as I always overwrite it, but I will save at the beginning of each fight from now on a separate savegame and when the quicksave game starts to crash I will post both savegames here in the forum. I hope this is fine for you.

Yes please do that.

25 minutes ago, Subcode said:

Hey guys,

as I have pretty the same problem, with the quicksave games. But here is a little "trick" which I use when the game start to crash... I quit the game and do the step 5 of the installation guide on the first page "5. Delete your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal folder " afterwards I restart the game and load the (prior "broken") quicksave game, which runs then quite stable for a longer time. I know it does not fix the problem, but sometimes it is quite useful e.g if you are in end of a mission and the game always freezes e.g. at mission end screen and doesn't change to the geoscape screen.

At least I was so able to finish some of my crash sites missions, maybe it helps some of you, too.

Ill let Solver know.

13 minutes ago, drages said:

Its not. Quicksaves have been reported as broken for 2 years now. So simply, dont use quicksaves.

Want to start out by saying awesome job with mod and really appreciate all the hard work for the game.

Now on to my issue. I just downloaded the game through the website based on you steps, The issue i'm having is the game works fine up until I go on my first ground  mission. It loads up without issue and lets me move around the screen no issue. As soon as I hit next turn it crashes to desktop.

Let me say I've never used modding outside of the very basic modding provided by steam workshop which everything is done for you. I followed the instructions that was provided so alittle help with the issue would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, zelius999 said:

Want to start out by saying awesome job with mod and really appreciate all the hard work for the game.

Now on to my issue. I just downloaded the game through the website based on you steps, The issue i'm having is the game works fine up until I go on my first ground  mission. It loads up without issue and lets me move around the screen no issue. As soon as I hit next turn it crashes to desktop.

Let me say I've never used modding outside of the very basic modding provided by steam workshop which everything is done for you. I followed the instructions that was provided so alittle help with the issue would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Can you post a screenshot of your modloader order, or provide a save game where this crash occurs please.

12 minutes ago, zelius999 said:

2016-11-02.png

You appear to have missed a vital step in the installation. I'll copy it from the original post.

On 8/10/2016 at 6:22 PM, Charon said:

Requirements

XCE 0.34.1

• Either change your steam version to XCE under "Properties" "Beta" for steam or download the official version from the forum.
On 8/12/2016 at 5:23 PM, drages said:

Right click to Xenonauts at library, then properties. Choose Betas and then XCE.. the game will get an update and u will have the real XCE.

This mod is map pack ressource depending:

Khalls´s Tundra Tileset
Random Map Pack Arctic Collection
Random Map Pack Desert Style
Random Map Pack Farm Edition
Restored Community Map Pack
Skitsos Alien Base Booster Pack
Skitsos Improved Tile Art Pack
Skitsos Ultimate Mega Mix Map Pack 2000

• All this map packs are available in XCE as of 0.34.1. It looks like this:

modloader beta 1.1 Mod Packs.png

X:CE is absolutely required to be able to play this mod. Try following that (and arranging your mod order as shown). Once done, you should be able to play the mod.

EDIT : I've attached an updated mod loader order which works for me (the image above was from a previous version of X:CE and X-Division)

mod order.png

Edited by sfarrelly

2 minutes ago, zelius999 said:

Ok where is that exactly , I just downloaded what was provided in this forum?

On 8/10/2016 at 6:22 PM, Charon said:

Requirements

XCE 0.34.1

• Either change your steam version to XCE under "Properties" "Beta" for steam or download the official version from the forum.
On 8/12/2016 at 5:23 PM, drages said:

Right click to Xenonauts at library, then properties. Choose Betas and then XCE.. the game will get an update and u will have the real XCE.

I don't use Steam, but the instructions from drages should be correct.

Well after some more testing, my results say Ultimate Ambient Sounds (UAS) mod is currently not recommended with X-Division. Disabling this mod I was able to continue my campaign and complete 3 ground missions without a single freeze/crash. Tested on a new campaign first two ground missions and no crash without UAS. With this mod enabled, I was getting crashes roughly once or twice per mission, with the worst freeze being on clicking okay after finishing ground mission and then freezing.

Early Phase 2 Feedback; the Heavy Fighters are hard now that the Spear Cannon has been nerfed, Phase 2 airgame when it first starts is appropriately difficult. For ground combat, you cannot make the Phase 2 armors soon enough, they are needed to keep soldiers alive. I must say Enchanted shields being broken is very harsh in ground combat, the regular shields get shredded in a single burst.

Balance suggestion; Give the Sonda the air evasion/dodge ability, it feels inferior to other fighters without this skill.

Edited by Sectiplave

4 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Well after some more testing, my results say Ultimate Ambient Sounds (UAS) mod is currently not recommended with X-Division. Disabling this mod I was able to continue my campaign and complete 3 ground missions without a single freeze/crash. Tested on a new campaign first two ground missions and no crash without UAS. With this mod enabled, I was getting crashes roughly once or twice per mission, with the worst freeze being on clicking okay after finishing ground mission and then freezing.

Early Phase 2 Feedback; the Heavy Fighters are hard now that the Spear Cannon has been nerfed, Phase 2 airgame when it first starts is appropriately difficult. For ground combat, you cannot make the Phase 2 armors soon enough, they are needed to keep soldiers alive. I must say Enchanted shields being broken is very harsh in ground combat, the regular shields get shredded in a single burst.

Balance suggestion; Give the Sonda the air evasion/dodge ability, it feels inferior to other fighters without this skill.

Nice to hear that. We will handle the shield problem. Or you can just go to the items.xml file and canmake all shields "Unlimited".. it will handle your gameplay.

Shut down terror battleship and now i have 3 lotuses. They easy kick ass everything, for example each lotus can shot cruiser with fighters + corvette in single run. Got tons of money from fibers/sell fighters/air domination and have bunch of ufo cores at store just in case. Simply airstrike most common ufos.
Can't wait for 3rd phase start.

2 minutes ago, Pandi said:

Shut down terror battleship and now i have 3 lotuses. They easy kick ass everything, for example each lotus can shot cruiser with fighters + corvette in single run. Got tons of money from fibers/sell fighters/air domination and have bunch of ufo cores at store just in case. Simply airstrike most common ufos.
Can't wait for 3rd phase start.

Pandi, can you create some projectiles for us? Ballistic's need some creative ones and i would like to change the electrical ones like lighting/thunder alien weapons and our stun weapons projectiles..

4 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Thanks Sectiplave.  I was coming to the same conclusion that UAS was causing the crashes. I am running right now without UAS and everything is working fine.    And I think UAS especially caused problems on tropical forest maps.

3 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

Thanks Sectiplave.  I was coming to the same conclusion that UAS was causing the crashes. I am running right now without UAS and everything is working fine.    And I think UAS especially caused problems on tropical forest maps.

UAS and Xenonauts Fix Pack are both from the same guy ( @Policenaut ), and the Fix Pack clearly states that it should be above everything else.

To get the full benefits of sound mods you usually have to put them above X-Division to work, while you cant do that with the Fix Pack since it changes more than that. Having to put a mod above X-Division and below the Fix Pack is impossible in this case, so maybe all the issues originate from there.

This is the reason why we as a developer team in the short or long run want to integrate everything we like into 1 mod so that no compability issues like these arise. Even more than when you think about that the Xenonauts Fix Pack was integrated into XCE, but you still have to put UAS under it. Its a lot of confusion, even for people like me, who know how to operate the modlauncher pretty well, how much more complicated must it be for people who see this for the first time - and information or advice is only hidden around in this forum, if you exclude my  Things I want YOU to know corner in my signature.

So we would like to and will ask a lot of people if we can integrate their content into X-Division, if thats possible.

Just now, Suave said:

Hi there,

It seems that Sebillan medic still causes a crash/freeze...I am attaching a save file. Frankly, I have already captured/killed many of them before and this is the first time in my current campaign that I get freeze. Could it posssibly be conected to the map packs?

AutosaveIM2016-10-31_23.37.21.sav

Uhm, most definitely something like that, as medics and other things were working fine before the 34.2 update. This is what im trying to bring across all the time, that these things are not actually caused by X-Division since we didnt make any changes like that.

You can read the things stated above. So far we are going to ban UAS ( ultimate ambient sound ) and maybe Xenonauts Fix Pack from the list. Some may have also reported issues with the Swamp and Tropical Map set. All of these things have just been added recently, so if you deactivate them and play with the official mod order stated in the OP there shouldnt be any issues.

I hope i dont have to spell this out but dont deactivate the Map packs if your save is on a GC mission :D.

It doesn't really matter where you put UAS since it doesn't overwrite anything. The fix pack needs to be as high as possible since tile spectres and map files can't be modmerged. The only reason I can see UAS causing crashes has to do with the music/sound system of Xenonauts getting overloaded. Playing vanilla Xenonauts on my outdated system manages to handle this, but the combination with X-Division might just put enough strain on the engine to cause crashing. UAS doesn't affect the Tropical and Swamp maps by the way since they use their own ambient sounds.

Edit: I don't see any reason to ban the fix pack since it doesn't do anything that could cause crashing. It probably edits a lot of the same tile spectres though so if you don't want it to do that, then put it just below X-Division. About the Tropical/Swamp Tileset, I could upload a version without ambient sounds so it works better with X-Division if the ambient sounds in combination with X-Division cause crashing.

Edited by Policenaut

24 minutes ago, Policenaut said:

It doesn't really matter where you put UAS since it doesn't overwrite anything. The fix pack needs to be as high as possible since tile spectres and map files can't be modmerged. The only reason I can see UAS causing crashes has to do with the music/sound system of Xenonauts getting overloaded. Playing vanilla Xenonauts on my outdated system manages to handle this, but the combination with X-Division might just put enough strain on the engine to cause crashing. UAS doesn't affect the Tropical and Swamp maps by the way since they use their own ambient sounds.

Edit: I don't see any reason to ban the fix pack since it doesn't do anything that could cause crashing. It probably edits a lot of the same tile spectres though so if you don't want it to do that, then put it just below X-Division. About the Tropical/Swamp Tileset, I could upload a version without ambient sounds so it works better with X-Division if the ambient sounds in combination with X-Division cause crashing.

Hard call, but the bottom line is, if people dont have those things it looks like there are less crashes/no crashes.

We have done a lot of testing before the 34.2 changes and none of those issues existed before that. So this means something changed recently and until we know what is safe and what not i would like to test things step by step. It could be that the modloader is simply overloaded, there could be a lot of reasons.

I play with UAS and the other mods myself and havent experienced a crash yet.

No need to make another version for X-Division.

In the Long run we would like to integrate that material into X-Division though, how do you feel about that ?

Maybe its all just a fluke.

Yeah, it's hard to tell what the definite source of crashing is.

About integrating my mods, it's fine by me as long as you give credits. Note that some of the mods I made, like the Tropical tileset, include content made by other people so be sure to credit them as well.

Edited by Policenaut

Completely off topic, but I have got a noob question - I believe that one of the screen say that Sebillians see in infrared and are unaffected by smoke. It seems though if I use smoke grenades at them, they usually would charge around it rather then shoot. Am I getting something wrong?

Maybe its the right time to ask, we are still looking for a dedicated mapmaker for X-Division who creates and edits existing maps in line with the X-Division standarts.

We want to make and edit all maps into a  X-Division standart line of production. Most terror maps for instance are simply too small, and the resulting difficulty is that you have 6 units right at the chopper entrance point. Spawn points need to be reassigned and new maps created. The new alien "vehicles" would propably need some good spawn points too.

3 minutes ago, Suave said:

Completely off topic, but I have got a noob question - I believe that one of the screen say that Sebillians see in infrared and are unaffected by smoke. It seems though if I use smoke grenades at them, they usually would charge around it rather then shoot. Am I getting something wrong?

Yes, smoke works on sebs.