[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Now and then i experience a strange bug, don't know if it's vanilla, CE or X-Division related. Finally, i could isolate it in a savegame file.

On Geoscape, in certain obscure circumstance, if i click a Squadron that's flying somewhere, the game suddendly crashed. I'll attack the culprit savegame (just after i finally sussesfully raid a Missile Corvette :o)

Missile Corvette.sav

Edited by YaK

33 minutes ago, YaK said:

Now and then i experience a strange bug, don't know if it's vanilla, CE or X-Division related. Finally, i could isolate it in a savegame file.

On Geoscape, in certain obscure circumstance, if i click a Squadron that's flying somewhere, the game suddendly crashed. I'll attack the culprit savegame (just after i finally sussesfully raid a Missile Corvette :o)

Missile Corvette.sav

Thats was a confiremd bug for squads only consisting of 2 foxtrot, starting from the first ( main ) base. This crash doesnt happen if its 2 foxtrot from another base, or if it is any other combination, except 2 foxtrots.

So whats yours ?

6 minutes ago, Charon said:

Thats was a confiremd bug for squads only consisting of 2 foxtrot, starting from the first ( main ) base. This crash doesnt happen if its 2 foxtrot from another base, or if it is any other combination, except 2 foxtrots.

So whats yours ?

Oh my. I need to do a bit of backtracking, then!

So...

• I've build ALL my aircraft in my first main base if it's that you're saying;
  • This happens for sure with Foxtrots, but also with Lancers (like in this case, where there one lancer and two heavy fighters if i remember correctly);
  • This happens also for squads that have 2 Foxtrots/Lancers and another aircraft;
  • Not in this case, but it's happened also from secondary bases (in that case i remember that was a Squadron based on 2 Foxtrots and an alien fighter.
  • I noticed that often, when this happens, there an UFO somewhere that's not moving (in this case the Terror Ship near Cuba.

3 minutes ago, YaK said:

Oh my. I need to do a bit of backtracking, then!

So...

• I've build ALL my aircraft in my first main base if it's that you're saying;
  • This happens for sure with Foxtrots, but also with Lancers (like in this case, where there one lancer and two heavy fighters if i remember correctly);
  • This happens also for squads that have 2 Foxtrots/Lancers and another aircraft;
  • Not in this case, but it's happened also from secondary bases (in that case i remember that was a Squadron based on 2 Foxtrots and an alien fighter.
  • I noticed that often, when this happens, there an UFO somewhere that's not moving (in this case the Terror Ship near Cuba.

Hm ... mysterious. We cant really say anything about that, I ll put it on the list.

Hey Charon,

I am not too sure if this was reported before, but it seems that civilians tend to be blind to fire - at least on terror mission, they run straight into it and die. One less potential reaper to worry about I guess lol.

Thank you.

For me the starter weapons are perfectly fine. My typical squad setup is 3 rifle, 2 shotgun, 1 shield+pistol, 1 machinegun, and 1 sniper.

Yeah pretty standard I know, but it has worked well for me for the longest time. While I might change it up a little depending on the mission and supply situation, but by most part it stay like that. Shotgun and pistols are great at close range. The shotties suppress so easily and shred armor off of the bigger meanies quick, so much so that I use them to soften up drones, tanks, and things of that sort before everyone else shoots. Pistol suppress really well too and are due to better range can react quite fine. Also they can cause your guys to become crack shots which makes them more awesome. Pistol and shotties typically have the best stats.

For the rifles I tend to burst fire everything down nowadays. Early on burst fire at range or up close can handle most things.

Machineguns are good in everything that they do. Have them kneel down and unleash from afar. If I really need to kill something run the wielder up close to have the close range bonus effectively negate the accuracy loss of moving.

Sniper rifles while not as amazing as in vanilla are a must for me early on since early weapons ranges are so poor the sniper is the only one that can reasonably hit and damage enemies from afar. He/she is often supporting far away fireteams.

I will say one more thing. I remember the older versions of X-Division. Back then a CAESAN NOMCOMBAT could take a rifle burst to the face and live. Think about it. Also the Alien Melee(Not Reapers) units were absolute horrors. Things were demons incarnate absolutely murdering anything unluckly soul in range. Back then flamethrowers were actually worth taking.

Also grenades. Grenades raining from the sky.

Edit: In short, as free weapons the starting weaponry are balanced and usable early on.

Edited by lazylegionspark

Good time of a day!

Here is  bugs/ or little problems:

1) Damage for STD wepons and laser wepons differs in Xpedia and in Armory(look like standart for clean Xenonauts)

2) All researches are exellent from the start ( so I dont know real time of it)

3) It is possible to Dup medkits If u put rifle from the ground into hand where medipack is

4) Don't really sure about Alenium warheads and other projects with Alloys and alienium (finished reserches alienium and Aalloys)

5) when consructing any aircraft, on the base Aircraft screen it is show that it is foxthroat ander construction (but it is asieris at the end)

2x123.sav

Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

1) Damage for STD wepons and laser wepons differs in Xpedia and in Armory(look like standart for clean Xenonauts)

The x-pedia entries are essentially 0% updated. The tool-tips displayed in the armoury are correct.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

This will be balanced once all techs are finalised.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

3) It is possible to Dup medkits If u put rifle from the ground into hand where medipack is

Known issue. Don't use it if it bothers you.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

4) Don't really sure about Alenium warheads and other projects with Alloys and alienium (finished reserches alienium and Aalloys)

The research tree of this mod is vastly different from that of the vanilla game. One example is that the various warhead techs no longer exist in this mod.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

5) when consructing any aircraft, on the base Aircraft screen it is show that it is foxthroat ander construction (but it is asieris at the end)

Noted.

1 hour ago, Alkel said:

Good time of a day!

Here is  bugs/ or little problems:

2x123.sav

Hi Alkel!

5- Creating a special aircraft construct image for every plane is... not so necessary so i passed them for now.

9 hours ago, lazylegionspark said:

For me the starter weapons are perfectly fine. My typical squad setup is 3 rifle, 2 shotgun, 1 shield+pistol, 1 machinegun, and 1 sniper.

Yeah pretty standard I know, but it has worked well for me for the longest time. While I might change it up a little depending on the mission and supply situation, but by most part it stay like that. Shotgun and pistols are great at close range. The shotties suppress so easily and shred armor off of the bigger meanies quick, so much so that I use them to soften up drones, tanks, and things of that sort before everyone else shoots. Pistol suppress really well too and are due to better range can react quite fine. Also they can cause your guys to become crack shots which makes them more awesome. Pistol and shotties typically have the best stats.

For the rifles I tend to burst fire everything down nowadays. Early on burst fire at range or up close can handle most things.

Machineguns are good in everything that they do. Have them kneel down and unleash from afar. If I really need to kill something run the wielder up close to have the close range bonus effectively negate the accuracy loss of moving.

Sniper rifles while not as amazing as in vanilla are a must for me early on since early weapons ranges are so poor the sniper is the only one that can reasonably hit and damage enemies from afar. He/she is often supporting far away fireteams.

I will say one more thing. I remember the older versions of X-Division. Back then a CAESAN NOMCOMBAT could take a rifle burst to the face and live. Think about it. Also the Alien Melee(Not Reapers) units were absolute horrors. Things were demons incarnate absolutely murdering anything unluckly soul in range. Back then flamethrowers were actually worth taking.

Edit: In short, as free weapons the starting weaponry are balanced and usable early on.

Hi there,

I suppose you are right, it probably just depends on the play-style - I usually try to suppress aliens with machineguns than charge with another machingun soldier and shoot at point blank range.

Not arguing about it I suppose, I just thought I mention that and see what other people think. I do like the challenge (well, apart of reapers lol).

Back to bug reports - I mentioned earlier that civilians on terror mission run straight into fire and die - I noticed recently that it applies to the aliens as well and basically on all types of missions. I never was a big fan of incendiary grenades, but they work like a charm in this mod - good suppression, fire is deadly and it has huge AOE (+ aliens occasionally try run through it, even with different routes available). 

Also, please let me know what the bandages are for (sorry I am at work and cannot check the proper name of them - the grenade size medkits that heal only few HP ) - I have tried using them as a cheap way of stopping bleeding, but after I have used 3-4 on my soldier and it did not work - I stopped using them completely.  

When you finish (I think) Ceasan Medic Interrogation, you get improved medkits - that is cool, but a) there seems to be no pop-up notification of it and b) they are really heavy and replace regular medkits. Would it be possible to keep them both in game? Sometimes I have rookies with low strength and they cannot carry the improved ones, while bandages (?) do not seem to stop bleeding...Or did I get it wrong?

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, Suave said:

Hi there,

I suppose you are right, it probably just depends on the play-style - I usually try to suppress aliens with machineguns than charge with another machingun soldier and shoot at point blank range.

Not arguing about it I suppose, I just thought I mention that and see what other people think. I do like the challenge (well, apart of reapers lol).

Back to bug reports - I mentioned earlier that civilians on terror mission run straight into fire and die - I noticed recently that it applies to the aliens as well and basically on all types of missions. I never was a big fan of incendiary grenades, but they work like a charm in this mod - good suppression, fire is deadly and it has huge AOE (+ aliens occasionally try run through it, even with different routes available). 

Also, please let me know what the bandages are for (sorry I am at work and cannot check the proper name of them - the grenade size medkits that heal only few HP ) - I have tried using them as a cheap way of stopping bleeding, but after I have used 3-4 on my soldier and it did not work - I stopped using them completely.  

When you finish (I think) Ceasan Medic Interrogation, you get improved medkits - that is cool, but a) there seems to be no pop-up notification of it and b) they are really heavy and replace regular medkits. Would it be possible to keep them both in game? Sometimes I have rookies with low strength and they cannot carry the improved ones, while bandages (?) do not seem to stop bleeding...Or did I get it wrong?

Thank you.

We will look to the issue about little bandages and bleeding. Thx for that. We will revise all the medkits and add more too.

5 hours ago, drages said:

Hi Alkel!

5- Creating a special aircraft construct image for every plane is... not so necessary so i passed them for now.

Hi Drages!

problem is not in pic but in name of aircraft, i think it is in close connaction to the pic
but ok I can live with it)))
thanks for respond and for good job, Playing mod is really fun

11 minutes ago, Alkel said:

Hi Drages!

problem is not in pic but in name of aircraft, i think it is in close connaction to the pic

I concur - it certainly is most fun out of all the mods I have played! Keep the updates coming...Thank you!

On 6.10.2016 at 0:43 PM, Suave said:

Hey Charon,

I am not too sure if this was reported before, but it seems that civilians tend to be blind to fire - at least on terror mission, they run straight into it and die. One less potential reaper to worry about I guess lol.

Thank you.

Forwarded to > Drages.

13 hours ago, lazylegionspark said:

Thank you for your feedback.

5 hours ago, drages said:

Hi Alkel!

+1

3 hours ago, Suave said:

Hi there,

I suppose you are right, it probably just depends on the play-style

:)

3 hours ago, Suave said:

Medikit part will be completely revised later somewhen later on.

41 minutes ago, Alkel said:

Hi Drages!

Yes, i think this would be the best solution for now. Ill put it on the list.

31 minutes ago, Suave said:

I concur - it certainly is most fun out of all the mods I have played! Keep the updates coming...Thank you!

Thank all of you for your feedback. Its greating making a mod like this :).

Hi

I am really loving this mod :)   From the description I thought all the different weapons, and content would make the game feel tedious.  Instead I felt it really brought everything to life. I am really only on the first month still and only have  had a couple of missions, but one of the changes I felt was the mod was more fast action. Instead of tedious walking around trying to find where the aliens are hiding on the map, we face these organized alien assaults against aliens who scare the crap out of me and the soldiers.   And the variety of weapons that the aliens carry,  adds to the dynamic feeling of the mod. So everything feels like big battles instead.

And what was done to the air war is great. I have only had a taste so far, but I have researched a few forms of aircraft (which I can't build yet due to lack of required items), and aircraft  weapons (which I can't build yet either). I can really see the strategic  depth that the air battles will have. I like that starting AWAKS aircraft we get, (though I haven't figured out how to get more of them) and  how it offers choices in air combat.

--------------------

I suspect it might be because I installed something wrong, but for bugs I have encountered the following:

- In manufacturing under 'basic' it gives the options to build 'ItemA','ItemB','ItemC','ItemD' and 'ItemE' all which take a requirement of 1 Drages. I have no idea what any of that is supposed to be.

- A soldier who has a flamethrower equipped does not have a sprite and is invisible.

-------------------

And I saw some people were commenting about the machinegun.  I too play with a balanced squad, and have a shotgun or two, 3 or 4 rifles, a sniper and a machine gunner.  But  I think the person who said that it makes the most sense just to give people machine guns instead of assault rifles is correct. I think the AP cost for firing the machinegun isn't high enough. You shouldn't be able to move and shoot with it ,that is what assault rifles are for. And I think the same about sniper rifles. If you move you shouldn't be able to shoot with it.  If people say that the assault rifle is weak, it is because the other weapons do the assault rifles job just as well.

2 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

And I saw some people were commenting about the machinegun.  I too play with a balanced squad, and have a shotgun or two, 3 or 4 rifles, a sniper and a machine gunner.  But  I think the person who said that it makes the most sense just to give people machine guns instead of assault rifles is correct. I think the AP cost for firing the machinegun isn't high enough. You shouldn't be able to move and shoot with it ,that is what assault rifles are for. And I think the same about sniper rifles. If you move you shouldn't be able to shoot with it.  If people say that the assault rifle is weak, it is because the other weapons do the assault rifles job just as well.

Implemented. From 0.5 (halfing) to 0.9 ( -90% acc ).

Hello, what is the correct order of installation files from the first page?

XDivision Beta Release 09910.rar
X-Division Patch 0.99.3.zip (DAY 27 Patch 0.99.3 )
X-Division Patch 0.99.11.zip (DAY 7 Patch 0.99.11)
X-Division Patch 0.99.2.zip (DAY 16 unofficial Patch 0.99.2)

Thanx

37 minutes ago, kamvo666 said:

Thanx

You should only download 99.3 via the last one..

6 minutes ago, kamvo666 said:

Thanx

Thx for the heads up, ive changed the 8th step.

8. Apply the latest available patch. Every patch contains all prior changes as well.

So only the base ( X-Division Beta Release 09910 ) and your desired patch with the latest being 99.3 ( recommended ).

Hey Guys,

I was wondering - would it be possible for the research to show time remaining rather then "good" 'excellent" progress? The same way as workshop projects. I wonder if this is somehow hardcoded and/or if the other players would be interested in this idea.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Since I am just shooting wild ideas which are likely to be rejected - would it be possible (perhaps optional) to toggle on/off health values for the enemies - I understand that it adds a tactical value to the battle if you do not know if the enemy is healthy/half-dead/almost dead, but sometimes I am wondering about it when I fire at Preators/tanks for the 5-10th time. Same applies to air battles (or is there a tech that unlocks it?).

Also - I think I saw this mentioned earlier somewhere, but I believe it would be not a bad idea to improve rookies stats as the time goes by - I play Ironman and I keep 40 soldiers at the base and rotate them to gain experience, but occasionally they do die (my last terror mission was fantastic - as soon as my tank left the chinook, I had reaction fires from TWO heavy drones which hit the inside of the heli - Saving Private Ryan comes to mind - and then I was trying to throw alenium grenade out of it ...dropped it on the floor....6 casualties before they managed to move, lol). Over time, as the weapons/armours get better/heavier, it is difficult to make use of Rookies (it takes few missions before they are okish and many of them do not make it).

A minor bug - last time my soldier panicked, dropped rocket launcher on the floor and run - I had incendiary rocket loaded, but when I picked it up - it was just a regular one. 

Thank you guys for all your hard work, it really IS appreciated!

Hey suave 

The research is fine i think because you can never know when you will get the tech fully. 

Enemy health is something you should not know too without special devises at least but xenonauts don't have that kind of system.

Rocket launcher bug is probably a game engine bug which won't be solved sadly.

I am against to know somethings in games which you should not know logically. Like you should not know how long a research will take or enemy health.