[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 minute ago, Lament said:

Bugger I have a save file directly after I killed the bugger. It was a weapon that made a big red mist over my troops, and the animation was a giant blob of green slime is the best I can describe it. 

If the save is from battle ground then it is good enough

2 hours ago, Lament said:

Corsair Interceptor costs $300,000 and 120 man hours. My 5 other aircraft to make cost 20,000-25,000 and 10-15 man hours. 

"Corsair Interceptor" is not from X-Division but from the vanilla/XCE game. Dont use it.

59 minutes ago, morr said:

Predator Armor weight is 4kg. Something is terribly wrong here. It is heavy armor but its weight is less than weight of basic light armor.

Predator armor is so light because it gets fueled by a small reactor on the back. The drawback to this is that it is a heavy armor and can therefore mostly use heavy weapons like hmg.

Hi guys,

Found a couple more issues for you to look into. Most are minor and may not be bugs at all.

1. Vehicles and weapons - I made all available phase 1 vehicles/weapons but it seems that each vehicle can only equip specific weaponry. Not an issue, but should be mentioned somewhere in-game.

Hunter- Division Machine Gun

Rocket

Alenium Rocket

Defender - Division Machine Gun

Pulse Laser

So Hunter seems to be MG & rockets while Defender is MG & Lasers? No available vehicle for the (AP) Alenium Cannon yet.

2. Theres an old splash screen from 0.98 that says you need a free bay for aircraft disassembly which probably needs to be changed (or deleted)

3. The placement of Mag weapons seems a little odd (in the Ultimate equipment tab). But they're the only ones i've unlocked from phase 2 so far so it might be intentional

4. For some reason i had no problem stunning anything in my first Phase 2 mission (the officer one), but after that things went to impossible to stun, so I'm not sure what happened to make the first one so easy.

5. The only serious one in this batch. The light shuttle isn't showing up on maps (see pic and save). I've tried it as a crash site and as a landing site and its the same in both cases. You can work around it by lobbing grenades at where the door should be, and once it blows up, you can access the interior as normal

Ok, time for a break to think about how to stun the phase 2 guys :p

missing ship.png

missing ship.sav

Edited by sfarrelly

Shock Gun requires 82 of 102 TU to fire. 80% of TU. And it has 2 titles range. Imho it is too harsh. May be it should be at least 70% of TU?

ADDED: Hmmm I think no. It will become too powerful othervise.

Edited by morr

3 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

1. Vehicles and weapons - I made all available phase 1 vehicles/weapons but it seems that each vehicle can only equip specific weaponry. Not an issue, but should be mentioned somewhere in-game.

Hunter- Division Machine Gun

Rocket

Alenium Rocket

Defender - Division Machine Gun

Pulse Laser

So Hunter seems to be MG & rockets while Defender is MG & Lasers? No available vehicle for the (AP) Alenium Cannon yet.

Yes, its on our table.

2. Theres an old splash screen from 0.98 that says you need a free bay for aircraft disassembly which probably needs to be changed (or deleted)

Right.

5. The only serious one in this batch. The light shuttle isn't showing up on maps (see pic and save). I've tried it as a crash site and as a landing site and its the same in both cases. You can work around it by lobbing grenades at where the door should be, and once it blows up, you can access the interior as normal

fixed

There's a typo in researches.xml that stops all Mag Mk-2's from being researched.

Reseraches.AdvMAGTechnology needs to change to Researches.AdvMAGTechnology in each case.

also, i know someone reported the bug with chemical grenades already, but Advanced Chemical grenades also have the same problem (the rest look ok)

In strings.xml-

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">
    <Cell ss:StyleID="s87"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.MAGpistolmk3</Data></Cell>
    <Cell ss:StyleID="s87"><Data ss:Type="String">MAG Pistol MK-2</Data></Cell>
   </Row>

the 2 should be a 3. it doesn't break anything, just a little confusing to research mk.2 then have the same topic appear for research again

Some feedback re: pacing on easy difficulty. I'm in 3rd week of January and am getting roughly 1 terror mission per wave, it was about 1 every 2 waves prior to phase 2. The last 2 waves had both a terror mission and a base assault (third assault so far). Phase 2 began approximately 1 week before end of December

Edit: added the adv chem grenade and mag pistol mk.3 issue

Edited by sfarrelly

1 hour ago, sfarrelly said:

Some feedback re: pacing on easy difficulty. I'm in 3rd week of January and am getting roughly 1 terror mission per wave, it was about 1 every 2 waves prior to phase 2. The last 2 waves had both a terror mission and a base assault (third assault so far). Phase 2 began approximately 1 week before end of December

We think that working on mod files makes the timing mad for terror and base assaults. We need more feedback about this issue.

It seems there are more leftovers/interferences from XCE in the research tab:

You could research for "Grenade", that opens up for "Flashbang" and "Smoke Grenade", all things you've had from the beginning. I think there is also a similar issue with some king of rockets, maybe HE something, don't remember correctly, sorry.

Anyway, is am hotfix for chemical granade and buzzards armor out there yet?

4 minutes ago, YaK said:

You could research for "Grenade", that opens up for "Flashbang" and "Smoke Grenade", all things you've had from the beginning. I think there is also a similar issue with some king of rockets, maybe HE something, don't remember correctly, sorry.

We will publish the first patch today, so everything reported here and more handled as well as some big visual changes at UI.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, drages said:
2 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

We think that working on mod files makes the timing mad for terror and base assaults. We need more feedback about this issue.

Once that next update is up i'll start a fresh game again and track terror and base assaults accurately.

By the way added you to Steam Drages. 

1 hour ago, drages said:

Well, I've been making quite a few changes to the files as we've uncovered bugs, so if thats what you meant, then it might explain it. I'm not complaining about the frequency of terror/base attacks by the way. I think its more akin to an invasion like this ;)

One other intermittent issue that crops up now and again. Sometimes after you finish a research it opens a blank xpedia page. I've no idea why it does this as all seems to be fine in researches.xml (it just happened right now with Mag Minigun Mk.3, but i checked the file and nothing i can see wrong with it). The entry does actually appear in the xpedia it's just the initial pop-up thats a blank page. This also happened at times in 0.98

As for the patch, I think i'll continue playing from where I am to see if there's any issue with later techs/equipment etc.. (assuming the patch wont require a restart)

32 minutes ago, sfarrelly said:
2 hours ago, drages said:

Well, I've been making quite a few changes to the files as we've uncovered bugs, so if thats what you meant, then it might explain it. I'm not complaining about the frequency of terror/base attacks by the way. I think its more akin to an invasion like this ;)

One other intermittent issue that crops up now and again. Sometimes after you finish a research it opens a blank xpedia page. I've no idea why it does this as all seems to be fine in researches.xml (it just happened right now with Mag Minigun Mk.3, but i checked the file and nothing i can see wrong with it). The entry does actually appear in the xpedia it's just the initial pop-up thats a blank page. This also happened at times in 0.98

As for the patch, I think i'll continue playing from where I am to see if there's any issue with later techs/equipment etc.. (assuming the patch wont require a restart)

Is the black image alone or you get the right xpedia image too after that? Maybe it spawns something else too.

Patch won't be needed restart for you but there is something important fixes at research files.

8 minutes ago, drages said:

Is the black image alone or you get the right xpedia image too after that? Maybe it spawns something else too.

Patch won't be needed restart for you but there is something important fixes at research files.

You get the correct xpedia image (and everything else). It's just the initial pop-up thats blank, and it seems to occur totally at random

4 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

There's a typo in researches.xml that stops all Mag Mk-2's from being researched.

Reseraches.AdvMAGTechnology needs to change to Researches.AdvMAGTechnology in each case.

also, i know someone reported the bug with chemical grenades already, but Advanced Chemical grenades also have the same problem (the rest look ok)

In strings.xml-

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">
    <Cell ss:StyleID="s87"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.MAGpistolmk3</Data></Cell>
    <Cell ss:StyleID="s87"><Data ss:Type="String">MAG Pistol MK-2</Data></Cell>
   </Row>

the 2 should be a 3. it doesn't break anything, just a little confusing to research mk.2 then have the same topic appear for research again

fixed

This not only applied to mag but most mk2 researches blocking off mk2 and mk3 weapons effectively. I fixed all "Resera" typos in both researches now.

4 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

Edit: added the adv chem grenade and mag pistol mk.3 issue

This is a problem we would like to fix too. Can you give me the specs you are playing with ? Mods modloader order, evertyhing whihc might be important.

I believe this happens when you change game files during a game, effectively disableing the cd for terror/base attacks.

2 hours ago, YaK said:

fixed

1 hour ago, sfarrelly said:

I couldnt find it either. Please report precisely on this issues next time so we can fix it.

This happens when "Knowledge shown" tries to show a research which hasnt been unlock or doesnt exist yet.

28 minutes ago, sfarrelly said:
38 minutes ago, drages said:

You get the correct xpedia image (and everything else). It's just the initial pop-up thats blank, and it seems to occur totally at random

This means it tries to show another entry as well which doesnt exist or hasnt been researched yet.

Not sure about this as a bug but:

I can interrogate some aliens BEFORE I do alien interrogation research.  Is this correct?

The post that says the first patch is going to be uploaded today...but there is no mention of it in the OP.  The post that mentions the patch says the 99.1 is available but all it does when clicked on is open the OP?

Edited by Larry Burstyn
Correct terrible english grammer. Later Patch question?

9 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

I can interrogate some aliens BEFORE I do alien interrogation research.  Is this correct?

The post that says the first patch is going to be uploaded today...but there is no mention of it in the OP.  The post that mentions the patch says the 99.1 is available but all it does when clicked on is open the OP?

No, the update will happened as planned.

its 17:16 here so i have a time window of roughly 6 hours.

DAY 7 Patch is now live

check the "Patch" section in the OP

DAY 7 Patch 0.99.11

• new Shotguns/carbines
  • new UFO images
  • revamped GC UI ( its incredible, seriously the best part of all of this )
  • fixed shuttle datacores being impossible to get
  • 99% of all reported bugs are fixed
  • more bug fixes
  • and much more

31 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

the one doesnt have to do anything wtih the other, they are completely seperated. We couldmerge them in the future though.

2 hours ago, Charon said:

DAY 7 Patch is now live

check the "Patch" section in the OP

DAY 7 Patch 0.99.11

• new Shotguns/carbines
  • new UFO images
  • revamped GC UI ( its incredible, seriously the best part of all of this )
  • fixed shuttle datacores being impossible to get
  • 99% of all reported bugs are fixed
  • more bug fixes
  • and much more

Thanks for you work!

Got some issues with research. I had to rollback the patch.

Before patch

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002752676/screenshot/273978328728914122

After patch

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002752676/screenshot/273978328728887180

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002752676/screenshot/273978328728886074

----------------

ADDED: May be it's my fault. I will try to reinstall Xenonauts.

Edited by morr