[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

11 minutes ago, morr said:

1) I think Haradan AI is very broken.

I played original Xenonauts abot a year ago and as long as I remember they were extremely deadly. They attacked from a long distance, they were very accurate, they shot from flying stance.

In X-Division I never lost any soldier to them (normal difficulty). They usually try to approach to close range, they don't shoot from air, they always go down to ground level before opening fire.

You speak from my heart. I saw this comeing for such a long time now ><.

12 minutes ago, morr said:

2) Melee aliens never attack vehicles (Currently i have Defender only). They don't attack even if there are no soldiers around.

Its hardcoded, nobody can do anything about this but XCE coder.

12 minutes ago, morr said:

3) Aliens never attack vehicles (Defender) if they see soldiers. Even if soldiers are far away alients just approach them and completely ignore the vehicle.

I wouldnt say that they ignore the vehicle. But shooting a 80 hp soldier and just looks more promising to kill than a 200 hp vehicle.

14 minutes ago, morr said:

P.S. Can't capture any Phase2 alien :( Stun grenades/rockets don't work on them and using stun baton in close range is just a suicide.

This is a problem which when you solve it is extremely satisfactory, if you are still stuck you can pm me. It´s X-Division.

Bug report. Not sure whether it is Xenonauts of X-Division bug.

My soldier went to the second floor of UFO and roof of the UFO did not became transparent. Look at my 3 screenshots with 3 differet roof-view modes.

This bug is reproducable. It happened few times on different maps with the same UFO type.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745010572

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745010678

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745011619

29 minutes ago, drages said:

Harridan AI fixed

Great! Thank you! Could you please attach to the topic fixed XML file?

Imho "Wraith" are bugged too. Now I have played a bit more and I'm pretty sure that they don't behave properly. They always run to throw-grenade-range and throw grenade :) May be they will shoot my troops after throwing. Dunno. I always kill them with ease.

Edited by morr

13 minutes ago, morr said:

My soldier went to the second floor of UFO and roof of the UFO did not became transparent. Look at my 3 screenshots with 3 differet roof-view modes.

This bug is reproducable. It happened few times on different maps with the same UFO type.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745010572

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745010678

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745011619

39 minutes ago, drages said:

Harridan AI fixed

Imho "Wraith" are bugged too. Now I have played a bit more and I'm pretty sure that they don't behave properly. They always run to throw-grenade-range and throw grenade :) May be they will shoot my troops after throwing. Dunno. I always kill them with ease.

Can you send a save file please about wraiths..

16 minutes ago, morr said:

Thats a XCE bug, not our side.

The workaround i found was to put 1 soldier on the lower floor and activate the middle layer.

17 minutes ago, morr said:

Check known bugs.

Some more bugs for you guys to have fun with ;)

1. Alien Terror Carrier DSB is bugged. Items.AlienLargeComputers needs to be replaced with Items.Alienlargecomputers in both instances in the manufactures.xml. It works fine then

2. Extreme Alien Control System has no picture in x-pedia? Might be deliberate

3. I can't seem to unlock Caesan Data Hack 1 (i've met all requirements and already researched Data Hack 2 & 3) which is stopping me from getting some of the mk.3 laser weapons (and possibly more in the future)

4. One of the army camp maps has a building with a block of textures missing. You can't enter this empty space (see attached image)

That's all for now, so back to playing :D

Oh, regarding stunning the reapers, yes i tried stun grenades and weakening them first. 9 stun grenades (all resisted) ~20 stun baton whacks (nothing, and playing tag with a reaper is a fun way to die) so i'm not sure what went wrong. Oh well, its not like i can manufacture anything with them yet, so not a big deal

missing textures1.png

Time for another bug report

Bug Report

Minor

1. Spelling error - SebbillianP Physician - Notice the added P 

2. Dark Cannon dsb is categorized in the basic menu for breakdown? I thought it would be meant to be in a particular Phase category

Average

3. Phase 2 - Light drone shows up on the gameplay map as a red shirt cesian.

4. Alien Toxic Pistol - graphic shows up gigantic. Test it. Take a look. I think it was an alien toxic pistol....that or the dark cannon. 

5 minutes ago, morr said:
10 hours ago, drages said:

Can you send a save file please about wraiths..

Save is attached to this post. 

Just press end of turn with this save. Wraith wil come from the south.

Btw I didn't install "Charon´s Changes". May be it is important.

Wraith.sav

Charons Changes are changes charon did. :) Not related any other bugs of the mod.

I will look for it.

29 minutes ago, Draku said:
1 hour ago, sfarrelly said:

4. One of the army camp maps has a building with a block of textures missing. You can't enter this empty space (see attached image)

Do you have a save file from that map?

Unfortunately not Draku. If i come across it again i'll keep a separate save for it

Cant remember if this bug was posted already. In ammos.xml the antimatter cannon drag texture needs to be fixed. Causes a crash to desktop otherwise

<Ammo MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="ammo.am.cannonmk1">
        <stockTextureName>weapons/Antimatter/antimattercannonammomk1</stockTextureName>
        <dragTextureName>weapons/Antimatter/antimatteantimattercannonammomk1rminigunammomk1</dragTextureName>

Text in red should be "antimattercannonammomk1"

Also, all 4 versions of the Anti Matter Rifles look to have the same problem (havent actually gotten mk 2-4 yet, just the issue that caused a crash with mk1 is there for mk2-4 as well)

In manufactures.xml the weapon.AntiMatteRriflemkX should be weapon.AntiMatterRiflemkX

Wraith want to use technical grenades so much even that grenades don't do much damage. I thought even they never use them because they will think they won't harm us. But this is opposite.

I tried first time technical grenades at aliens. Maybe game AI can't handle that. Because they are fine when they don't have grenade.

10 minutes ago, drages said:

Wraith want to use technical grenades so much even that grenades don't do much damage. I thought even they never use them because they will think they won't harm us. But this is opposite.

I tried first time technical grenades at aliens. Maybe game AI can't handle that. Because they are fine when they don't have grenade.

Thanks for you work!

Could you share fixed xml please?

Edited by morr

Just now, morr said:
8 minutes ago, drages said:

Could you share fixed xml please?

There is no need to fix rather then erasing the grenades from them.. another strange thing is they dont teleport.. i need to work more on this.

1 hour ago, drages said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-r7Md1wUiwlY0Fzd3NJSWs5aDg/view?usp=sharing

please try this with harridans and all others, i made some global fixes. They look like much more aggressive now as firing weapons. 

You need to start a clean ground combat to use it.

Harridans:

They shoot my troops from distance now. OK

They shoot my vehicle from distance if they don't see my soldiers. OK

In close range with vehicle (no my troops nearby) harridan don't shoot, he just starts flying on 4rd level above my vehicle (now it follows my tank :)). Maybe it is OK too. He would die from tank fire otherwise. (But to keep long distance and start firing from there is better strategy in this case. Not sure if you have such flexibility in AI scripting)

Reapers:

They don't attack vehicle if there are no x-com troops nearby. They just wandering around my tank.

Reaper... maggot? (Infected human):

He preferred to attack a civilian and didn't run to my two soldiers and tank. Distance was 17 titles.

Wraith:

Didn't met them.

Other aliens:

Didn't see any other stange behaviour.

Check attached savegame. There are 2 reapers near tank and 1 harridan above tank.

AI_BUG.sav

Edited by morr

Your tank is too scary. :)

Melee creatures can't attack vehicles, this is hardcoded and we can't do anything about this. We are waiting "SOLVER" to add this next XCE version. So when there is vehicle, all aliens panic, like you do..

If there s no strange behavior, its good. 

3 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

1. Alien Terror Carrier DSB is bugged. Items.AlienLargeComputers needs to be replaced with Items.Alienlargecomputers in both instances in the manufactures.xml. It works fine then

Good catch.  fixed. All other UFOs producing large computers have this too if you want to fix it.

Wait what ... ? How did you get a Terror Carrier down ?

DRAGES ! See, i told ya. They are breaking our game too soon, we need to make it harder. :D

2. Extreme Alien Control System has no picture in x-pedia? Might be deliberate

We didnt make a Xpedia entry for any Controlsystem or aircraft part, do you feel its needed ?

3. I can't seem to unlock Caesan Data Hack 1 (i've met all requirements and already researched Data Hack 2 & 3) which is stopping me from getting some of the mk.3 laser weapons (and possibly more in the future)

Did you catch all lightscout, scout, corvette, bombercorvette operators and a chieftain ? Sometimes it falls with 14% chance on the lightscout operator, this is what i would call semi replayability because no playthrough will be the same.

I guess Draku is on it ?

That's all for now, so back to playing :D

Oh, regarding stunning the reapers, yes i tried stun grenades and weakening them first. 9 stun grenades (all resisted) ~20 stun baton whacks (nothing, and playing tag with a reaper is a fun way to die) so i'm not sure what went wrong. Oh well, its not like i can manufacture anything with them yet, so not a big deal

Hm .. good idea. I´ll look how i can implement that. Xenomorphs are needed for the best melee weapons and quite a lot of them is needed too. So stun what you can it will work to your benefit later on.

A few notes on reaper catching. They regenerate. Yes, stun threshold too. So even if you did this or that it can mostly mean that the reaper already regenerates the stun dmg (20+ in one turn).

3 hours ago, Lament said:

1. Spelling error - SebbillianP Physician - Notice the added P 

Where ?

2. Dark Cannon dsb is categorized in the basic menu for breakdown? I thought it would be meant to be in a particular Phase category

Every line in the Phase tabs are ONLY meant for stuff you encounter in that particular phase. ALL dark weapons can be encounter in Phase 2,3 and 4.

3. Phase 2 - Light drone shows up on the gameplay map as a red shirt cesian.

noted

4. Alien Toxic Pistol - graphic shows up gigantic. Test it. Take a look. I think it was an alien toxic pistol....that or the dark cannon. 

Ill ask Draku

3 hours ago, Draku said:
4 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

Do you have a save file from that map?

LET ME PRESENT !

ITS DRAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

THE DRAGON IS BACK :).

2 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

Cant remember if this bug was posted already. In ammos.xml the antimatter cannon drag texture needs to be fixed. Causes a crash to desktop otherwise

<Ammo MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="ammo.am.cannonmk1">
        <stockTextureName>weapons/Antimatter/antimattercannonammomk1</stockTextureName>
        <dragTextureName>weapons/Antimatter/antimatteantimattercannonammomk1rminigunammomk1</dragTextureName>

Text in red should be "antimattercannonammomk1"

Also, all 4 versions of the Anti Matter Rifles look to have the same problem (havent actually gotten mk 2-4 yet, just the issue that caused a crash with mk1 is there for mk2-4 as well)

In manufactures.xml the weapon.AntiMatteRriflemkX should be weapon.AntiMatterRiflemkX

fixed already

2 hours ago, drages said:

There is no need to fix rather then erasing the grenades from them.. another strange thing is they dont teleport.. i need to work more on this.

Right, never noticed this.

1 hour ago, morr said:

In close range with vehicle (no my troops nearby) harridan don't shoot, he just starts flying on 4rd level above my vehicle (now it follows my tank :)). Maybe it is OK too. He would die from tank fire otherwise. (But to keep long distance and start firing from there is better strategy in this case. Not sure if you have such flexibility in AI scripting)

I just dont want harridans to fly at close range. This would be the optimal thing. Let them keep their distance and run away.

1 hour ago, morr said:

Reapers:

They don't attack vehicle if there are no x-com troops nearby. They just wandering around my tank.

hardcoded

1 hour ago, morr said:

He preferred to attack a civilian and didn't run to my two soldiers and tank. Distance was 17 titles.

They have such a low dmg attack that they prefer to not even hit xenos at all, they rather run towards you and hide.

4 hours ago, Lament said:

Give me an image or save file

9 minutes ago, Charon said:

LET ME PRESENT !

ITS DRAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

Thank you, thank you... :D

12 minutes ago, Draku said:
4 hours ago, Lament said:

Give me an image or save file

22 minutes ago, Charon said:

LET ME PRESENT !

Thank you, thank you... :D

Bugger I have a save file directly after I killed the bugger. It was a weapon that made a big red mist over my troops, and the animation was a giant blob of green slime is the best I can describe it.