Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11b)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, falco69 said:

Oh thank you but i'm confused i never try to upload a save before i try but i don't find the save :confused:

Xenonauts launcher, save location tells where save games are located.

Without save game I thing you are missing some of following:

- Flamer cannon

- Flamer heavy

- Sebillian guard

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
Soldier->guard
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, falco69 said:

Yes i think the problem is the kinetic weapons maybe. Anyway this time i retry a campaign but in the ng 2 ironman time for activate my brains and play slowly :)

Ps: i like your youtube series dagar

Many thanks and best of luck to you on your campaign!

Posted (edited)

Are shockgas, shockgasexplosive and EMPgas suppose to damage mechanical units when they walk through it?

EMP rocket leaves nice cloud, but useless.

Edited by Kule

How do you kill those Bloody dogs? first terror mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Yechag said:

How do you kill those Bloody dogs? first terror mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage

First terror, that means laser weapons. Use energy based damage against robots (laser,plasma,wave,sonic. Shock grenades and rockets... EMP... ofc most of this will come a bit later). Incendiary should do the trick. Not sure why flamethrower proved to you to be inefficient but frag grenade and rocket are kinetic damage so, useless against robodogs. That leaves alenium grenades and rockets for start.

To get lasers you need phaser pistol,rifle and live caesan guard. That will lead to alien phaser tech which will open laser tech.

Over time some kinetic snipers and point-blank miniguns will be helpfull too.

Edited by Kule

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kule said:

Are shockgas, shockgasexplosive and EMPgas suppose to damage mechanical units when they walk through it?

They should but since walking through gas do not show visible damage, it's not that easy to tell if there is a bug.

I'll test this next time I play.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Kule said:

OK, EMP cloud seems to be harmless damage wise. Tested EMP explosive against Andron guard (Phase 1 that is) and cloud didn't any damage. Same about shock gas. No idea if that is intentional or bug.

However Androns and vehicles too tend to avoid cloud so that's somewhat restrictive.

More: Thought that maybe that Andron has too much kinetic/energy armour and that affects. Shredded armour completely and still no damage walking through gas. So it's quite safe to say EMP cloud is useless when it comes to damage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yechag said:

or mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage 

Focus them down one by one and turn their energy based weapons against them, if you have none. Even the dogs themselves sometimes drop weapons. The kinetic weapon of your vehicle also does decent damage, so try to preserve it and get in close before shooting for better hit chance.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Dagar said:

Focus them down one by one and turn their energy based weapons against them, if you have none. Even the dogs themselves sometimes drop weapons. The kinetic weapon of your vehicle also does decent damage, so try to preserve it and get in close before shooting for better hit chance.

this worked thanks!

Nevermind i was being stupid please ignore. this mod is great!!

Edited by Yechag
Thought sth was a glitch, it wasnt. oops

On 9/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, Yechag said:

Nevermind i was being stupid please ignore. this mod is great!!

Glad you see it our way. Welcome to the Church of the Holy X-Division, young acolyte!

• Haha 1

Is there a downside to failing assaulting an enemy outpost/base?  I just lost my first base assault and had to evacuate.  Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

16 hours ago, Samefada said:

Is there a downside to failing assaulting an enemy outpost/base?

No downsides other than the guys and equipment you lost during that mission.

16 hours ago, Samefada said:

Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

Nope, feel free to send in endless supplies of rookies.

4 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

No downsides other than the guys and equipment you lost during that mission.

Nope, feel free to send in endless supplies of rookies.

Thanks, early december and came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.  Turn 3 booked it out of there.

4 minutes ago, Samefada said:

Thanks

Your welcome. A bit of ekstra information if interested, alien outpost have phase 2 units, bases phase 3 units and fortress have phase 4 units, so dont let these outposts grow or you will have a really hard time getting rid of them.

8 minutes ago, Samefada said:

came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.

This somehow sounds very familiar.

22 hours ago, Samefada said:

Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

Directly, no. Indirectly, yes.

Succesfull supply run to base will make alien war progress quicker.

Also each base on map will mean more UFO's and more UFO's also mean more progress for aliens unless you shoot those "extra" UFO's down right away.

However those do not make major difference, only general.

6 hours ago, Samefada said:

Thanks, early december and came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.  Turn 3 booked it out of there. 

Since there is no penalty evacuating, get away immediately when you feel your equipment is not right. Take proper equipment and get back. Repeat until you have "good" equipment for what you encounter. Btw. alien bases are regenerated every time you enter so forget "kill few aliens, then get back so fewer aliens to fight" tactic.

Also remember alien bases have narrow corridors, so something on ground ...