[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Just a question this time around. Is it impossible to give your soldiers psionics in any way other than the psionic weapon mod or is the game too hardcoded to allow for that?

I saw the xml's that list the psionic abilities and their effects but never really found in the xml's for the enemies how it's dictated who gets what psionic abilities

11 hours ago, Keksimus Maximus said:

Just a question this time around. Is it impossible to give your soldiers psionics in any way other than the psionic weapon mod or is the game too hardcoded to allow for that?

I saw the xml's that list the psionic abilities and their effects but never really found in the xml's for the enemies how it's dictated who gets what psionic abilities

aiprops.xml determines enemies psionic abilities. For soldier psionics, I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

There still seems to be work in progress so perhaps @Charon still reads this thread.

Some Geoscape feedback. Playing version 1.00.10 (that is partially updated to 1.00.10b WIP) with - difficulty. Ticker multiplier is 1.0 and ATP's for phases are like on 1.00.10 version (300+300+300+300).

As expected from my previous playthroughs on Veteran difficulty, Phase 2 began 30.th November. But Phase 3 seems to begin as late as 1.st April. That makes basically 4 months Phase 2, too long IMO considering ticker multiplier should still be 1.0.

My whole base tactic have been "prevent ticker from growing fast" and on Phase 2 I have shot down every UFO (most of them very fast) except two that landed too fast. That does keep ticker from growing perhaps too well so I think alienAITickerIdle setting should be somewhat higher.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently running with the 1.00.01 patch and there are invisible civilians running around my battles. Or at least mostly invisible, I can still see their shadows. There any easy to fix this?

Edited by Ziver

16 hours ago, Ziver said:

I'm currently running with the 1.00.01 patch and there are invisible civilians running around my battles. Or at least mostly invisible, I can still see their shadows. There any easy to fix this?

Nope. Has been an issue forever. Likely will never be fixed.

On other news, I knew stepping ON a Facehugger would zombify your trooper. Now I had it stepping NEXT TO one (I wanted to club it for capture). Is that a bug or is the Facehugger the only entity with reaction on a melee attack?

5 hours ago, Dagar said:

On other news, I knew stepping ON a Facehugger would zombify your trooper. Now I had it stepping NEXT TO one (I wanted to club it for capture). Is that a bug or is the Facehugger the only entity with reaction on a melee attack? 

Noticed same myself. Probably intentional because that's how Facehuggers are supposed to work: jump against it's target.

Somewhat funny because I have never even thought clubbing Facehugger :cool: Using gas instead.

14 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Noticed same myself. Probably intentional because that's how Facehuggers are supposed to work: jump against it's target.

Somewhat funny because I have never even thought clubbing Facehugger :cool: Using gas instead.

I had tried it in the same mission with another Hugger before, but ultimately I had to kill it. There stepping next to it was no problem. Most likely no TUs left.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Dagar said:

I had tried it in the same mission with another Hugger before, but ultimately I had to kill it. There stepping next to it was no problem. Most likely no TUs left.

OK, it does seem that Facehugger requires some TU's to attack, applies to "reaction" attack too. If Facehugger has too few TU's left, it cannot use "reaction" attack and hammering it with baton is safe.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.f059520c5882ad5c326983decdf5d9fd.png

My first Sebillian base on NG+1 ironman. Oh my god it's was harsh, and painful. The end was epic, with only 2 soldiers left and one bleeding a lot, the wounded soldier cross the command room for trow a grenade to the chieftain, the grenade don't kill it, but i reaction fire a and kil my soldier, my ultimate mate cross the distance a kill this bastard with the division mk3 minigun :cool:.

Looks like you had fun. However it makes me wonder why you still have "only" Division Minigun MK-3 as that base assault was at least second one and you also had basic matergy weapons already captured. So you really should have Advanced Mag technology available at that time.

Also you used Chinook, at that point, again, you should have better dropship available.

Of course with so limited tech there can be more "epic" battle :cool:

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

On 7/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Everything is OK. All manufacturable interceptors require materials from alien UFO's.

Gotcha, was just surprised that fairly simple tech foxtrots required UFO equipment to work :)

Do we get access to better stun tools than the basic stun baton and stun grenade/rocket? I'm at start of phase 2 and I find enemies to take obscene amount of baton swings to go down. 

15 hours ago, DreXav said:

Gotcha, was just surprised that fairly simple tech foxtrots required UFO equipment to work :)

Do we get access to better stun tools than the basic stun baton and stun grenade/rocket? I'm at start of phase 2 and I find enemies to take obscene amount of baton swings to go down. 

Yes you do. You are right, the stun equipment is very problematic at that point. If you have Caesan enemies, use their lightning guns against them and the Xenomorphs.

Apart from that, research the shock weaponry tree and the advanced stun gas stuff.

3 hours ago, Dagar said:

Yes you do. You are right, the stun equipment is very problematic at that point. If you have Caesan enemies, use their lightning guns against them and the Xenomorphs.

Apart from that, research the shock weaponry tree and the advanced stun gas stuff.

Additionally it's worth to remember that half of "red" damage is applied to stun damage (not visible but it's there). Of course that means applying only red damage will kill opponent.

Myself I never used stun baton on phase 2, instead shock weapons/first phase stun rockets/alien weapons in addition to applying red damage first. Preferably with shotguns as shotgun will also apply stun damage. You can pretty much stun opponents with shotgun, not totally as it will kill unless pure stun damage is applied. But still, shotgun red+blue damage first (or just red damage) and then pure stun after it works fine. Just using pure stun is painful unless you have same phase equipment.

• Like 1

Hello i have a question.

In a other campaign i have a bug or a problem (or is just bad luck). I'm in the middle of november and i'm blocked with the division weapons, i'm still with the mk1. But i have captured and interrogated all the sebillain of the pase 1 (except the assaut and bomber operator), i have research the sebillan data hack 1 and 2, but the research adance divison wepons don't appears...

Phase 2 is coming and i'm sad, do you guy have an reply thank you very much :o

Ps other question : is a problem to construct a " Quantum cryptology center " in a base with workshop??

2 hours ago, falco69 said:

Hello i have a question.

In a other campaign i have a bug or a problem (or is just bad luck). I'm in the middle of november and i'm blocked with the division weapons, i'm still with the mk1. But i have captured and interrogated all the sebillain of the pase 1 (except the assaut and bomber operator), i have research the sebillan data hack 1 and 2, but the research adance divison wepons don't appears...

Phase 2 is coming and i'm sad, do you guy have an reply thank you very much :o

Ps other question : is a problem to construct a " Quantum cryptology center " in a base with workshop??

Could you upload savegame somewhere I can download it?

Another question: no problem.

7 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Could you upload savegame somewhere I can download it?

Another question: no problem.

Oh thank you but i'm confused i never try to upload a save before i try but i don't find the save :confused:

Edited by falco69

10 hours ago, falco69 said:

Hello i have a question.

Do you use explosives much? You also need many of the kinetic weapons of the aliens to advance to Mk2 afaik. Maybe you blow most of the dropped stuff up... Plus, some of the heavier weapons can be hard to find, e.g. cannons.

1 hour ago, falco69 said:

Oh thank you but i'm confused i never try to upload a save before i try but i don't find the save :confused:

Xenonauts launcher, save location tells where save games are located.

Without save game I thing you are missing some of following:

- Flamer cannon

- Flamer heavy

- Sebillian guard

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
Soldier->guard
  • Thanks 1