[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Hey guys, I'm looking to make minor changes to the mod and need pointers as to where and how to do this.

I'm looking to reduce by a division of 3 the amount of alien armor.

And to reduce bleeds chances greatly and/or augment effectiveness of medkits.

Thanks!

@PALU

Thank you for the effort. I cant seem to find out whats wrong. There are either some missing props and/or tilesets, or some (old and hard to get rid of) settings file that refers to something that isnt there. I've encountered some few, small objects missing on desert maps, that inpassable area I descibed before on a industrial or military map, and in forrest maps there are whole subtilesets which looks flat and empty, but are in fact full of different objects.

In my effort to find the culprit, I made it worse (unsurprisingly). The civilians now have gotten cloaking technology - only their shadows can be seen. Sadly that doesnt fool the aliens at all, and it doesnt take them long to transform those shadows into blood pools.

There is a known bug with civilians in one map type, I think it's tundra (somewhere up North, anyway) where they are invisible (i.e. only shown as shadows). As far as I understand, that's a bug in the vanilla game.

To try to fix the prop issue, I'd rename the game folder and reinstall everything from scratch (which takes quite a few of hours, unfortunately). I remember I had a problem at some stage where walls were missing on some maps, and reinstalling from scratch did sort out whatever the problem was.

I suppect that the map I was on was tundra, but it didnt look anything like the pictures I have seen. It look like ordinary forrest. The tundra folders was empty, so Im thinking there is something wrong there and the game tries to use forest map tiles or something. I have deleted the game folder, what I could find in Documents, except savegame files, and everything I could find under appdata\roaming. Hopefully that will help me somewhat.

I did find a log file while I cleaned up. But Im not certain the errors were before I messed it even more up or after.

Thu Aug 01 21:24:20 2019: MOD ERROR: There are multiple elements to update: Map
Thu Aug 01 21:24:20 2019: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for maps/forest/mapinfo.xml from mod mods/xceextramaps/ failed.
Thu Aug 01 21:24:20 2019: MOD ERROR: There are multiple elements to update: Map
Thu Aug 01 21:24:20 2019: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for maps/forest/mapinfo.xml from mod mods/x-division/ failed.

Thank you for all your responses, PALU. I'll leave an update here in case anyone else come across it.

I cleaned up everything described in my last post and installed it again, and now I've played for a couple of days without any issue regarding missing objects. I had one savefile just before entering a mission were it was particulary messy. And after the reinstallment I loaded up that file several times without encountering any problems, apart from the missing civilian sprites that PALU said comes with the vanilla game.

The answer is research: Bring items back from missions and research them. Once you've understood enough of the alien tech research to develop your own becomes available. Construction requires not only money, but also alien resources that you recover from missions (and often have to extract from recovered items through disassembly).

• 2 weeks later...

Hellos! I need some help/advice

I'm trying to use the Laser Sniper (Precision Laser) but no matter what I do the hit chance is lower than expected (lower than the laser rifle). I'm using my Xenonauts with better Accuracy, crouched or standing, but the hit chance of the Laser Sniper aimed shot is about on par with snap shot on Laser Rifle.
Is there some game mechanic involved that could cause this?

Example in attached image
Xenonaut A - 80 Acc - Crouched - Rifle Snap - 36%
Xenonaut B - 86 Acc - Standing - Sniper Aimed - 33%
Xenonaut C - 85 Acc - Crouched -  Sniper Aimed - 43%

Putting that aside, been enjoying the mod immensely. Thank you for creating it.

PS: Using latest version (afaik) 1.00.10, no other mods

PPS: I think I figured it out, on the following turn Hit Chance was in line with what I expected. I looked better at the weapon stats and behold, snipers are heavy weapons, which take a large aim penalty if you move and shoot in the same turn. I had totally forgotten about this mechanic.

Xenonauts - X-Division - Aim - Edited.jpg

Edited by Templar_X
Spontaneous enlightenment

It's known that "save scumming" during ground combat can result in the game hanging due to a unit never starting/finishing its turn. It's reasonably rare, but extremely annoying when it happens. If you can figure out which unit that's causing it, you might be able to get it to behave differently by playing differently, but sometimes it's not possible. Returning to an earlier save (during the same ground combat) so that unit can be approached differently might work, and reverting to before you went into ground combat will re-roll some RNGs resulting in a different version of the combat, which typically works out better.

7 hours ago, PALU said:

It's known that "save scumming" during ground combat can result in the game hanging due to a unit never starting/finishing its turn. It's reasonably rare, but extremely annoying when it happens. If you can figure out which unit that's causing it, you might be able to get it to behave differently by playing differently, but sometimes it's not possible. Returning to an earlier save (during the same ground combat) so that unit can be approached differently might work, and reverting to before you went into ground combat will re-roll some RNGs resulting in a different version of the combat, which typically works out better.

I didn't save scum, and the game doesn't 'hang'. It crashes to desktop.  I've already tried reloading the combat from an earlier save and I got the same issue on a different map.

• 2 weeks later...

Could use some info from experienced X-Division players.

There's one Andron that never shows up after being killed (attached image). I've killed it with different damage types, Shock Weapons, plasma, etc. But on the mission results there's no corpse (attached image). What am I missing here?

Thanks

andron something.png

andron result.png

Mechanical units that have force shields "die" when the shield is brought down and are "resurrected" as a new unit without the shield. If this was the last enemy standing the mission ends on the first "death", and no wreckage (or weapons!) from it is recovered. That's an artefact from how this functionality is implemented by the mod using the functionality available from the base game (presumably the mission ends when the enemy unit count reaches 0, and doesn't continue further to where it returns back up to 1). There's a similar issue with units that "morph" on "death" (as well as a late game organic unit with a force shield).

Thus, you need to keep at least one other unit "alive" until the unit whose wreckage you want to get hold of is defeated the last time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Questions about mod compatibility: 

Geographic Revision (Climate maps on geoscape)

Geographic Addition (Cities on Geoscape)

Bigger Pool

The third one I'm more worried about, because it: 

Bigger pool makes soldier spawns much less repetitive:

+ many new nations to recruit from (21->57, including Steelgonad´s [Names of the World])
+ many more soldier portraits (167->611)
+ 8 ethnicities (4->8)
+ some new cities on geoscape
+ tweaked basic, jackal, wolf, buzzard armour graphics

@desertoth The mod creators have left, so there's nobody to provide good answers.

However, the mod is highly sensitive to clashes with other things, so there's a significant risk things won't work properly. You'll experiment at your own risk.

@Indigoo777 It sounds like you haven't actually researched or produced human weapons, but rather just disassembled alien weapons to provide "cores" that can later be used as parts when producing human weapons. Read the Xenopedia entries for the research you have performed (or check the workshop descriptions for the entries you thought produced weapons) to see if you're actually able to produce weapons. My guess is that you've gained some understanding in alien weapons, but need to research how to actually apply lessons learned. That typically requires interrogation of aliens, but I'm not sure if the first set of energy and ballistic weapons require that step, as you get those fairly early.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PALU said:

Thats exactly what happened and I figured it out 10 seconds before your post appeared :D, I didn´t notice the line "produces one core" line.
First new weapons that appear in new tabs are laser right?, just as in XE CE.
Thanks a lot for answering though:)

1 minute ago, PALU said:

@Indigoo777 It sounds like you haven't actually researched or produced human weapons, but rather just disassembled alien weapons to provide "cores" that can later be used as parts when producing human weapons. Read the Xenopedia entries for the research you have performed (or check the workshop descriptions for the entries you thought produced weapons) to see if you're actually able to produce weapons. My guess is that you've gained some understanding in alien weapons, but need to research how to actually apply lessons learned. That typically requires interrogation of aliens, but I'm not sure if the first set of energy and ballistic weapons require that step, as you get those fairly early.

There are two "normal" lines of weapons at every tier, one energy weapon line and one ballistic weapon line. The first energy line is Lasers, if I remember correctly, while the ballistic one is called "X Division". Which of those you manage to get first depends on the order in which you research their dependencies, which in turn largely depends on which aliens you happen to encounter (you may miss out on a line for quite some time if you're unlucky with the RNG just because you never encounter any samples of the required alien equipment).

• 1 month later...

There's not much help to be had, as the mod creators have logged out. The only thing I can say is to follow the installation instructions exactly, as not doing that causes various issues.

Edit: Actually, one more thing: For some reason the mod download can sometimes be corrupted but still seem to install. Re-download and/or verify the checksums might be useful.

Edited by PALU