[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

@PALU

Shoutout to all the fixed typos you corrected.

Can i nevertheless insist upon that you take the alenium and powersource entries back into your file again ? If you want, you can take the official file here: xenopedia (2).xml

*Footnote:

A recent research paper has suggested the management loss to be 0.4% per scientist for a 20 scientist team and 16% for a team of 70 (on top of the ordinary diminishing returns), leading to this formula: Average Efficiency = 100 - ((Applied Scientists - 1) / 2 + X), where X is the management overhead factor, which the research failed to derive an actual formula for.</Data></Cell>

Edited by Charon

5 hours ago, Dr. Ethan said:

Btw for now i am just going to use the submaps that fire in the hole has and if i feel like it later i could do more, but rn i am just going to add hull breaching.

?

You are in Phase 1, you will need the X-Division art from Phase 1 to work with if you want to play with it.

2 hours ago, Dr. Ethan said:

@Charon so i think we should make another thread with only the links for official and unofficial releases. I say this because it took me forever to find the unofficial 1.00.10 release

Unoffical releases are supposed to be only found by the ones who are looking for them, otherwise i would just release them. Alternatively people can always ask, which still means they need to know it exists.

6 hours ago, Charon said:

?

You are in Phase 1, you will need the X-Division art from Phase 1 to work with if you want to play with it.

No, i am using the submaps from fire in the hole with the updated art and i will rename the stuff accordingly, the reason i am using it is that it has updated layouts so that the holes work better.

2 hours ago, Dr. Ethan said:

No, i am using the submaps from fire in the hole with the updated art and i will rename the stuff accordingly, the reason i am using it is that it has updated layouts so that the holes work better.

wsBTsn0.jpg

Im pretty sure Fire in the hole does not have X-Division specific assets, like datacores.

2 minutes ago, Charon said:

wsBTsn0.jpg

Im pretty sure Fire in the hole does not have X-Division specific assets, like datacores.

all a submap is is the ufo with directions for art and health of walls and stuff, then there are separate files responsible for what happens when you recover the ufo

6 minutes ago, Dr. Ethan said:

all a submap is is the ufo with directions for art and health of walls and stuff, then there are separate files responsible for what happens when you recover the ufo

Im pretty sure you are wrong.

If you have a corvette submap it needs to contain the right props, otherwise no datacore will be recovered.

But you will easily see that once you try it.

Edited by Charon

15 hours ago, Dr. Ethan said:

@Dagar do you know why that ship has a blue top and a yellow bottom, that is the last set of ships and i dont want to do the art if i am not sure it needs to be done

Nah, I am just a player :D

I would love to help with the maps, but I am already struggling to find the time to just record an episode per week, so I don't have the necessary free time; at least not until the middle of the year.

Announcement

Since there have been confusions in the past and @Dr. Ethan is under the impression of something

On 2/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, Dr. Ethan said:

(plus you gave me permission to do stuff to X-Division so it is nothing like that, it would be more like him giving you permission to put vids of X2 on youtube but then him getting mad if you twitch live-streamed it)

On 2/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, Dr. Ethan said:

P.S.(This is a really bad way to treat someone who you gave permission to fix your really broken mod)

I would like to clarify the following.

@Dr. Ethan has never been given any permission to use anything and WILL NOT gain any permission of any nature whatsoever in the future.

I would like to ask people to not take my announcements personally as they are not intended as such.

Thank you.

:)

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

@Dr. Ethan Charon has a curious legalistic view according to which it seems that nothing that hasn't been written in a contract is a promise. Thus, any kind of encouragement and help is, from this perspective, just a way of helping the other party to hack their own copy of the mod for their own enjoyment and does in no way mean anything in terms of promises unless a promise is made explicitly (which probably won't happen). People who have not encountered Charon previously are unlikely to understand that, as this is the only person I've encountered that act is this way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charon said:

Announcement

Since there have been confusions in the past and @Dr. Ethan is under the impression of something

I would like to clarify the following.

@Dr. Ethan has never been given any permission to use anything and WILL NOT gain any permission of any nature whatsoever in the future.

I would like to ask people to not take my announcements personally as they are not intended as such.

Thank you.

:)

Brilliant :D This should go as disclaimer in the very first post!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, Charon said:

Sure, i never keep people from contributing.

@Charon and this sure sounds like permission to me... and i am not saying i own anything in x division, i just wanted to make a post with only the releases of x division, which for some reason caused charon to flip out

Edited by Dr. Ethan

6 hours ago, PALU said:

@Dr. Ethan Charon has a curious legalistic view according to which it seems that nothing that hasn't been written in a contract is a promise. Thus, any kind of encouragement and help is, from this perspective, just a way of helping the other party to hack their own copy of the mod for their own enjoyment and does in no way mean anything in terms of promises unless a promise is made explicitly (which probably won't happen). People who have not encountered Charon previously are unlikely to understand that, as this is the only person I've encountered that act is this way.

@PALU thanks for being the only one who isn't absolutely bipolar on issues XD (not trying to pull you into any argument just saying you atleast have made the most sense)

4 minutes ago, Dr. Ethan said:

@Charon and this sure sounds like permission to me...

If you thought it was, than you were wrong. It isnt.

Maybe i wasnt too precise with the statement. It should have said "Sure, i never keep people from trying to contribute".

Said statement doesnt mean anybody who thinks they are "contributing" gets a free pass or access to anything. But i aknowledge quality and hard work, and take what i think contributes to X-Division and give credit where it is due, without regard to my own ego ( eg. what i personally think about the person ). I am still the gatekeeper of X-Division quality, and set the standarts of what "quality" and "contributing" means.