[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

3 hours ago, Pandi said:

@Charon spear air cannon are pretty bad, think it should be buffed overall damage/reload rate(+ammo).

They were nerfed just recently in the last patch, because they were too OP if you knew how to use them. They are still good if you know how to use them, but bombers now do a better job of getting bigger UFOs down more quickly ( needs less aircraft to get one down ).

7 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

@Charon Just looking at mod loading order, did you manually install swamp tileset? I don't have that listed on mine, I've adjusted my loading order to match as this sounds like the agreed order. Was the same just with the fix pack a few mods higher.

I actually dunno. Could be that i installed it manually, but it could also be it got shipped with XCE.

Hotfix

Country retaken bug - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27Z44zoal_VN3dRWXAweTdVcjg

Update

DAY 72 Patch 0.99.31   https://mega.nz/#!VAYg0IaY!IfbUecCO3J6-wMTd0jZrnZ0HAiT7r_veIwi2lgV0Mks ( MD5: 7a9143ee856db4302cc2d56b3d079e4a )

• countries are now available to retake. For now a Fortress will spawn in the lost country and all bases in that country before it can be retaken with around 50 relationship points. This will change in the future as the retaken country missions will get its own map pools and its own increase per ticker values. Making the hardest to retake mission impossible, but still playable.

5 hours ago, drages said:

As i always said, we did not make phase-3 and 4 passable.. but people still finish the mod.. 

I don't want you play ironman as a tester too because if i can't have save games, we can't see the problems and fixing became much harder.. 

5 team at early game.. omg..

Hi Drages,

Yeah -, it was a far shot - it worked in previous version if played on Normal, but it certainly does not work here - not from the start at least. Ok, I get the point - I always play games on Ironman (if available) but I will go regular way - I would like to see this mod as good as it can get and I will happily chip in with whatever I can.

By the way - it seems I did not read through the whole thread (I am very busy in RL...not much time for playing/reading) - what do you mean that phase 3/4 are impassable? Not completed/balanced or just soooo hard?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

1 minute ago, Suave said:

Yeah -, it was a far shot - it worked in previous version if played on Normal, but it certainly does not work here - not from the start at least. Ok, I get the point - I always play games on Ironman (if available) but I will go regular way - I would like to see this mod as good as it can get and I will happily chip in with whatever I can.

Playing ironman doesnt mean that you dont have to save. I always recommend having at least 4 different save games for 1 playthrough, which you refresh every time you do a major action.

Software is not bug free. Games are not bug free. Keep a lot of saves in case something goes wrong. It happens, and is so much more valuable when your 200 hours campaign gets corrupted one way or another. If you really want to press that button go to your documents\ folder and make a copy of your xenonauts ironman save after each gaming session. At least you dont have to start over when something goes wrong.

Playing ironman and saving are 2 completely different things. The developers diaries are an ironman run too, and i still save all the time. I just dont reload for other things than bugs, thats the difference.

9 minutes ago, Suave said:

By the way - it seems I did not read through the whole thread (I am very busy in RL...not much time for playing/reading) - what do you mean that phase 3/4 are impassable? Not completed/balanced or just soooo hard?

Its an inside joke. People were playing through the mod faster than we expected so we tried to implement things into ph3 and ph4 to slow down the progress ( GC ). And im not even talking about that the airgame gets incredibly hard in phase 4, non stoppable UFOs are spawning, etc ... . We thought it was really hard, some people convinced us otherwise.

The whole game can be played through to the end and the only thing which hasnt been implemented yet is the endgame, AKA phase 5, and the final mission. So you will have to do with the vanilla one for now.

Hi,

I just installed this mode;  In the first ground,  I just cannot get into the alien scout.

There seems to be a door of the ship, But,  the normal way , that is, right click just doesn't work.

Is this bug?  Anyway, there is just no way I can get into the ship....

Please, help me.   (I'am using CE 0.34.1 and all the required addons are active....)

Anybody has similar problem like me?

1 minute ago, platotle said:

Hi,

I just installed this mode;  In the first ground,  I just cannot get into the alien scout.

There seems to be a door of the ship, But,  the normal way , that is, right click just doesn't work.

Is this bug?  Anyway, there is just no way I can get into the ship....

Please, help me.   (I'am using CE 0.34.1 and all the required addons are active....)

Anybody has similar problem like me?

Hey!

You should patch your game to 0.99.31 as the final for now. It's all written at first page. You should update your XCE to 34.2 too. Then doors will open to you!

3 hours ago, Suave said:

And we also have the most experience with Phase 1 and 2 in comparasion to phase 3 and 4 where we mostly know the code.

Sfarrelly played thorught the game sped up as a testing run and we fixed every issue we came across once. He just started the second to determine any issues remaining and for some descriptions.

So balancing the economy/gameplay elements wise we are at phase 2 and Phase 3 and 4 are still pretty open. Not even talking about the endgame we havent fully implemented yet. But everything is playable.

8 minutes ago, Pandi said:

@Charon Second floor in this Bomber Cruiser are buggy. Roof dont want to disappear when man's there. But can be overridden by 3 state of roof trigger.

AutosaveIM2016-10-22_10.14.27.sav

Cruisers UFO view is buggy but this is vanilla/XCEs side, not ours. 

2 minutes ago, JD809 said:

Okay, thanks. Any particular weapons recommended?

On 18.10.2016 at 6:45 PM, Suave said:

Hey Guys,

How do you solve the "issue" with aliens early tanks? I mean tanks-tanks, not drones or anything else...what is the good AP weapon? I have tried throwing C4 at them, but they do move... I encounter them when I still use division/laser weapons.

On 18.10.2016 at 9:49 PM, Charon said:

Nah, im just kidding :).

Well thats the point of teh game to figure this out :). I could give you a 1000 ideas to approach this but lets go with one.

Tanks move - yes, but they performance to adjust to different situations without infantry is poor. Furthermore using the main cannon for discs/tanks/mechs use a lot of TU, leaving them in the open even more if they want to shoot you in the same turn. So here is the approach.

1. Design the scapegoat which will be the target for the enemy fire, usually the tank is the best option to go, but it offers as much advantages as it offers disadvantages. The advantages are bigger health pool and more armor, as well as an easy replace in case it should get destroyed, the disadvantage are that a tank is considerably bigger and easier to hit. But a shieldcarrier can take this job too as he is at least to be expected to take one hit ( full shield ) without dieing.

2. Throw a smoke grenade inbetween your tank/shieldcarrier but let it/him stay in sight of the enemy. Sebillians can see through smoke yes, but neither tanks, disc or mech can, lowering the chance to hit for them to approximitelly 1% - 5 %. If you are under fire from sebillians on your flank, throw a incendiary grenade to block and hinder their sight. Smoke for Caesan.
Seriously use smoke grenades, they are incredible good now. And incendiaries for sebillians ofcourse.

3. The enemy vehicle will now try to shoot you but will effectively pin itself down. Now you have different options.

• Since the tank is pinned down you can sneak any explosive under its hull. In most cases it wont have enough TUs to fire and move effectively in teh same turn.
  • You can use a hide and pop strategy, where you position yourself right behind corners to tactically pop shoots whenever you think its safe. No reaction fire is to be expected since teh enemy vehicle should be in stalemate with your scapegoat

4. This position should be favourable for you since its 8 soldiers + 1 vehicle vs 1 alien vehicle. Always evaluate the situation you are in though, as this is the most crucial point in this game . theres never a clear button to win.
Neverthless the enemy vehicle has different options available.

• Rushing forward: THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Calculate if you think you have enough firepower to kill it in one turn. Naturally you should have your heavy weapons already in position to do maximum damage. Make use of the double attack of your vehicle if it has one. Dont trust explosives as the alien vehicle can rush through it, and then its game over.
  • Retreating: This is actually the best option for alien vehicles but they rarely do it to not let go of the pressure. Keep it simple. Either move and continue with the same tactic or reposition yourself in case it comes right back.
  • Flanking: Same thing again. Adapt to the new circumstances and keep the pressure up. Always give them a target to shoot at which should optimally be protected by smoke.

5. Win
Things to keep in mind though:

• Always have enough ammo for every fight, if you dont theres no way you can beat it, even if the aliens would let you.
  • Switch your scapegoat if it is near death/destruction.
  • The pin down tactic is very effective, and explosives are too, but keep in mind only 1 explosion on the same unit gets counted per instance, so 10 c4 dont do more than 1 if they all explode at the same time
  • No plan survives first contact. Always adapt to your circumstances.

Heres an exemplary performance for this:

Heres another clever play which takes advantage of the environment.

Good luck Commander !

11 hours ago, Charon said:

Hotfix

Country retaken bug - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27Z44zoal_VN3dRWXAweTdVcjg

Update

DAY 72 Patch 0.99.31   https://mega.nz/#!VAYg0IaY!IfbUecCO3J6-wMTd0jZrnZ0HAiT7r_veIwi2lgV0Mks ( MD5: 7a9143ee856db4302cc2d56b3d079e4a )

• countries are now available to retake. For now a Fortress will spawn in the lost country and all bases in that country before it can be retaken with around 50 relationship points. This will change in the future as the retaken country missions will get its own map pools and its own increase per ticker values. Making the hardest to retake mission impossible, but still playable.

I'm intentionally losing the combined America's to test this feature out in my current playthrough, does it still work?

15 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

I'm intentionally losing the combined America's to test this feature out in my current playthrough, does it still work?

From my testing of it : 

15 hours ago, sfarrelly said:

We have a problem with the retake alien bases.

If a region is still providing funding to you and you destroy the only base on it, you get the following message.

freedom message.png

Ok, that's slightly immersion breaking as the region was always in your control, but not a problem in itself. However, this act also sets your relations in that region to whatever value we set in gameconfig. I had 2 regions go from $1m+ dollars per month funding down to $25k funding per month (i needed base operators for research).

Any ideas?

So while it technically does work if you allow it in the gameconfig.xml, if you take over the last base in a region that already supports you, you're going to reset the relations there to absolute minimum, which would be bad for most folks ;) 

EDIT : We've made @Solver aware of it, he knows its a bug.

Edited by sfarrelly

Ouch! Yes that would be a big problem. Not all is lost! My testing of losing the combined America's was two fold anyway, I wanted to see if you can survive in this mod just focusing on a set of countries since there is no upper funding limit. I have further devious plans, lets see how the phases test them out ;)

Just finished a Phase2 Sebillian terror mission..... omg that Reaper Rhino! It was something from a nightmare! Basically immune to energy weapons, huge regeneration, high damage and stun.... Phase2 feels harder now! I like it :D

Assaulting a few light cruisers and strike corvettes it definitely seems harder now, did you increase phase2 armor resists? Feels harder to kill them with damage type they are strong against now.

Good and bad, ground missions are taking a noticebly longer time to finish per mission now too compared to 99.2. The game is good so I don't mind but it might get a bit grindy.

Also I'm positive the alien composition of each craft has changed from Normal to Veteran. More aliens and stronger units, unless you've made this change?

Edited by Sectiplave
phase2

After normal, now veteran every enemy stats became to what they should, like resistances. They should already strong at their art in resistance.

Grind is something we don't fear.Grinding makes you more powerful because everything you have connected what you can manufacture. This mod is not something you can finish one day. Its for people who likes long runs. Whatever you do, the new phase will come and if you are not a good position new phase will hit hard.

I am happy that you survived terror mission.  

Hey there,

After few playtesting campaigns (no freezes at all) I started a new one - I think it is my second ufo downed and its sebillians...I believe it is medic that casues the freeze and I have to hard restart my pc. I tried reload earlier save and abandon the mission at start, but it either would not load at all (stuck on 95% on loading screen) or freeze at mission summary screen when pressing OK (back to Geoscape).

I am attaching the save and here is my mod order (maybe I messed it up, but it worked perfectly fine prior to that mission):

AutosaveIM2016-10-29_01.02.26.sav

1 hour ago, Suave said:

I believe it is medic that casues the freeze and I have to hard restart my pc.

I think I may have the same problem. FYI you can ctrl+alt+delete, open task manager and close the game from there (but make sure task manager is set to 'always on top').

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I have constant freezes playing this mod. Usually in GC - whenever someone/an enemy gets shot mostly - but rarely on autosave in Geoscape, or when I intercept a UFO, on manufacture/research completion and also when finishing a mission and clicking "OK" to return to the Geoscape (this can be solved by first loading a save on the Geoscape, then loading the GC save, finishing it and hitting "OK"). Sometimes also get freezes when clicking to load a save.

Right now I'm trying to make it through one turn in GC, which keeps freezing (but at different points). Seems to be a problem with medics too... I mostly freeze when it shoots one of my guys or I shoot it. It's just up to luck whether I get through a turn mainly, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Playing from a clean install, no extra mods, really empty mod list.

11 minutes ago, Stufferino said:

Sure thing.

I'm using patch .9931, which I believe says to deactivate part 2/changes mods? I've tried with both on/off but it doesn't make a difference as far as freezing goes.

Screenshot 2016-10-29 17.12.34.png

The only real differences i can see is that my loader labels X:CE Base Mod as 0.35 UNSTABLE (might be a GoG version issue) and that you have ultimate ambient sounds added (with highest priority) which might be causing problems?

I've played through to the end of phase 2 now and only experienced a couple of crashes, all when loading a gc (a reload worked every time).

Edit : Yes, Part 2 is no longer required, so don't activate that.

Edited by sfarrelly