Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11a)

Posted (edited)

Pretty gamebreaking yeah unless phase 3 engineers spawn normally.

Starting new game is recommended. Noticed that you had used mod called "shorter range shorter turns", not sure what that is but surely something that is not default: ON.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing out that despite Charon has officially retired from project, he is still updating this :) Day 978 should have been last patch.

However that update seems to be WIP and so that Might be reason why there is problem with engineer spawns or something else.

Just started replaying X-Div since it first came out and for some reason the majority of text in the X-Div X-pedia entries are just "Description" or in weapons cases "Key Information:(what you get for dismantle). According to Palu there should be all fully fleshed X-pedia entries so what do I need to do to get them?  Kinda ruins researching new things when few of them tell you what you just researched...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CheekyCT said:

Just started replaying X-Div since it first came out and for some reason the majority of text in the X-Div X-pedia entries are just "Description" or in weapons cases "Key Information:(what you get for dismantle). According to Palu there should be all fully fleshed X-pedia entries so what do I need to do to get them?  Kinda ruins researching new things when few of them tell you what you just researched...

Should not be the case. A small minority of the entries still have something like this, but most should have real text.

Check the version of X-Division (1.00.11 is the most recent) and check in the mod loader if there is an unchecked entry similar to "Palu's shiny lore".

Edited by Dagar

Yeah, there should be activated on Modding tools: X-division Palu's Shining Xenopedia

If not, then Xenopedia is pretty blank. You are of course using latest or at least 1.00.10 version.

15 hours ago, ObliviousZurg said:

Installer refuses to work, prefers to crash on start, wondering if I could just get the files

Inside RAR package, there is assets.7z package that contains almost everything. Rest is on images folder. For updates, almost same applies.

Hey, so, this is probably a common problem, but whenever I go into ground combat the aliens never spawn in with any weapons and just run around the map unarmed, effectively breaking the game. I've read the installation instructions very closely and am 100% certain I've extracted the three .rar files to the correct folder, and triple checked to see if I had any steam mods besides community edition installed, deleted my mods folder and reinstalled the game to no avail. I also crash whenever I try to access one of my soldier's inventories over a dead alien, if that might be related in any way. The installer also came up with a couple of errors during installation, but said afterwords the mod was installed successfully, so I'm guessing it's related to that in some way.

Other than that, I can't wait to play this mod once the aliens start shooting back!

Edited by Vort_Steve