[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Dagar said:

Yeah, this is known, but not really published somewhere afaik.

I also noticed that base building cost (according to gameconfig) is 300000. But in fact, it cost only 200000 on any difficulty. That's kinda strange.

3 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

X-Division Challenge.

Win the first Terrormission.

Rules :

Only standard basic equipment. (Hunter is allowed)

No more than 10% overload on troops.

Difficulty has to be NG+2

A fun and pretty hard challenge, but not impossible. Here is my first attempt.

46:42 LMAO 

Want to start NG+2 too. I remember one of my previous attempts year ago, when my 1st terror mission was andron one, I didn't even know that could happen before. So they just caught me with my pants down, and tier 1 laser. Good memories.

Also it feels like the game is a bit easier now, or maybe it's just me become more expirienced.

Edited by Foxtrot_Uniform

1 hour ago, Foxtrot_Uniform said:

I also noticed that base building cost (according to gameconfig) is 300000. But in fact, it cost only 200000 on any difficulty. That's kinda strange.

That is because the Charons changes file overwrites the 300.000 k with 200.000 k.

maybe it's just me become more expirienced.

That would be my guess.

I remember one of my previous attempts year ago, when my 1st terror mission was andron one, I didn't even know that could happen before. So they just caught me with my pants down, and tier 1 laser. Good memories.

Yeah Robots on the first terrormission is not easy. I actually did win my first terrormission with robots, also only with tier 1 weapons.

Edited by Svinedrengen

Anything can be done with hangs up on alien turn?

It started to happen on first Terror mission.

Its quite regular, at the moment I have to alt+f4 third time when it happened...

I got Steam version + steam CE and X-Division, nothing else.

1 hour ago, fxluk said:

Anything can be done with hangs up on alien turn?

It started to happen on first Terror mission.

Its quite regular, at the moment I have to alt+f4 third time when it happened...

I got Steam version + steam CE and X-Division, nothing else.

Probably not as problem is within Xenonauts, not X-Division. I usually either reload earlier save or auto-resolve battle.

I tried to make this happen.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:36 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Feature request: could it be possible to put items on some kind of locker in craft? Just like original UFO did but this time items are for soldiers AND for craft?

Alternatively, some kind of deployment screen before ground combat just like on base defence missions .

It's somewhat annoying to waste first turn of combat for adjusting equipment that should have been done before landing.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:03 PM, Charon said:

We think about this in the same way but unfortunately dont have any option to implement a proper solution.

Since even Charon cannot mod it, I tried to give some kind of "workaround" trying to make inventory management (especially regarding shields and basic ammo) easier without breaking game balance.

Tested settings that really affects these; NG+2 except: alien weapon damage 1.05 (1.0 on NG+2, 1.10 on -) @ gameconfig.xml

Basically your dropship have different "lockers" that can be accessed entering dropship (improvise on cases there is no physical dropship available, like on Alien base "dropship" is starting/exit area, Xenonaut base that is Command room...), imagine that dropship pilot (or something) supplies these items. Accessing any locker (except med bay) ends soldiers turn however (AP=0, mod it if don't remember soldier accessed locker) but accessing locker does not take action points (ie. all lockers can be accessed on single turn). If using locker requires more action points that soldier has (to switch items from backpack into hand for example), modding more action points is allowed. Switching equipment between soldiers (any soldier that has equipment can access locker) is allowed as lockers do not provide more items into battlefield. Also, if there is no aliens on sight for 5 turns AND soldier has "safe route" to craft, locker can be accessed without actually walking into craft. Basically locker is not available when there is active combat going on.

- Shield locker: To access shield locker, soldier must have had shield on left hand when battle started AND have shield on left hand when accessing locker. Shield locker provides unlimited amount of undamaged shields and even replaces totally destroyed ones (does not increase amount of shields on battlefield however). Naturally this does not apply to alien shields.

- Med kit locker: To access Med kit locker, soldier must have had some kind of medikit or first aid kit when battle started AND have that kit on inventory when accessing locker. As shield locker, provides unlimited amount of medical supplies for soldiers that enter craft.

- Ammo locker: To access Ammo locker, soldier must have had enough clips when battle started for weapon that receives unlimited reloads from locker AND have that weapon on inventory. Multiple weapons allowed. Applies to weapons that have unlimited clips available on base (NOT rockets, grenades, Alien weapons etc). Clip requirements are: 5 clips if clip takes one space (like pistol clip), 4 clips if clip takes two spaces (like Laser sniper clip), 3 clips if clip takes 4 spaces (like Laser battery for heavy laser weapons). Clip(s) may be dropped after battle has started, locker is still available. Clip requirement is only to "waste" inventory space from something more important, ie. balancing.

- Med bay: Any soldier that enters craft, receives free med kit that has unlimited healing power. Does not end turn. That med kit cannot be carried out of craft however and using it still consumes action points.

How these actually work? Start game using Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe select soldier that wishes to use locker and launch editor during battle pressing U-key. Notice that editor will show alien locations, you can hide map window using Task manager always on top or something similar (map is not really needed). You can see what soldier has on Left Hand or Right Hand. Press Reload and ammo/shield/med kit/whatever charges are restored. If shield is totally destroyed or soldier wishes to access Med bay, select appropriate item from drop down menu.

About balance. Even if soldiers have "unlimited" shields, they only get "unlimited" shields outside active battle. Also aliens hit so hard that soldiers are far from invulnerable. This is practically solution to "carry extra shields, drop them when battle starts and run to get them" -hassle. Ammo requirements are only to keep balance, so that soldier cannot take heavy weapon AND tons of rockets+other stuff. So essentially heavy weapon means much less other things even that weapon has unlimited ammo. Also it's not bad idea to keep spare clips on middle of battle, locker is for "quiet" situations only. For medicals, carrying medical supplies is advised, "craft" may be pretty far and single kit have quite limited healing power.

Overall I cannot see this breaking balance any way. While basic items are "unlimited", special stuff is not. This makes game much more enjoyable though IMO. Feel free to improvise.

5 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

I never had a chance to try it out, so I dont know if it works as intended.

Welp, tested it myself. There even was an unique explanation tooltip which is a good sign. And it really does what it says, you even can abort mission, pulling out forces and try again. (No highlighted area though, you need to be inside sandbags starting area) The alien behavior is same as base assault - they would try to destroy everything they see. Guess I gonna play with this feature now on.

Anyway, I've always been curious: what will happen if you blow up reactor on alien base while being on retaking mission without this option?
P.S. just tested, your base is destroyed if alien reactor goes boom. Fair deal.

image.png

Edited by Foxtrot_Uniform

So i cant see the download links at all. the entire top part of the site just dosent want to load in for me. so everithing above the "this is a picture. it tells you to chek if you istaled the latest patch" just dosent exist.....i meen if i start randomly clicking on stuf i can manage to click on the "Xdevision download pngs" but thats about it

Could the installation guide be streamlined? I only just realised that I had accidently missed out on an entire update due to the poor layout of the install guide.

I installed the mod, then applied the 1.00.01 update, but I did not realise that under that is a newer "unofficial" update that takes it to 1.00.10.

I only noticed this because I am watching a LP and I saw this person has a updated xenopedia that actually has full text descriptions of the projects whereas my version of the game has none.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, DarkAngel_22 said:

So i cant see the download links at all. the entire top part of the site just dosent want to load in for me. so everithing above the "this is a picture. it tells you to chek if you istaled the latest patch" just dosent exist.....i meen if i start randomly clicking on stuf i can manage to click on the "Xdevision download pngs" but thats about it

On 1/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Steelpoint said:

Could the installation guide be streamlined? I only just realised that I had accidently missed out on an entire update due to the poor layout of the install guide.

I installed the mod, then applied the 1.00.01 update, but I did not realise that under that is a newer "unofficial" update that takes it to 1.00.10.

I only noticed this because I am watching a LP and I saw this person has a updated xenopedia that actually has full text descriptions of the projects whereas my version of the game has none.

Instructions could be more clear, yes. Here's clear one.

1. Install Xenonauts
2. Download and install X:CE 0.35 https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/34-xenonauts-community-edition/
3. Start game
4. Exit game
5. Download and install X-Division 1.00.00 https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/7-x-division-10000/
Alternative:
https://mega.nz/#!RNBxiYYR!bWJ4oWul3r4U1BKIEXk792pfMbGgVpW1aapmOcJucIY
https://mega.nz/#!sVIjXYSa!LeYJCOLqpXF4ebwx115wevT92QRmqEnea7tW8vGzMlA
https://mega.nz/#!QEx1RTAA!hZzHDpYEEpf0vru6FeOsWNhOgRsZ8LCiJm290Jk9IyQ
6. Install latest update https://mega.nz/#!dQQwCQRC!gzlksCzX9l91PAJfViyyAyXzd_VN0weUL1X5GZmeuvU

• Like 2

I think I've found a bug. The game has not unlocked Wolf armour despite that I think I have the pre-reqs for it. I've actually got to the point where I've just unlocked Predator armour.

I checked the mods 'research' and found that it states that to unlock the Wolf you need to have done...

• Alien Alloy Fabrication
  • Ceasen Technician Interrogation
  • Sebillian Technician Interrogation
  • Andron Disassembly

I've checked my Xenopedia and I can confirm I've researched all four of these.

For what it is worth I'm currently midway through January 1980, I was assuming I needed more research to unlock the Wolf but the fact I just unlocked the Predator caused me to check the files to see what is going on. 

Maybe I've missed something, but I still think it should be brought up. 

Well, failing finding a solution, is there a way to "cheat" the game and unlock the armour? 

Even if the tech requires Engineers instead of Technicians, I still would've satisfied that criteria as I've interrogated Ceasen and Sebillian Engineers, and the fact I've unlocked Predator armour I think shows I've exceeded the requirements.