[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

I believe both of those are from the vanilla game, but that's no reason not to adjust them. I'll try to do so.

Edit:

"Blind": = I can't bring the entries up in game to see what they look like, nor can I use the unit loadout screen to see weapon stats since I don't have access to those items in my game. Thus, everything will have to be based on rooting around in various files, hoping I look in the correct one.

GAH! How was I supposed to know that the mod's files are overridden (partially, I assume, given the overriding file's much smaller size) by another mod? What other mods are overriding this mod?

Edited by PALU
Added edit

29 minutes ago, PALU said:

"Blind": = I can't bring the entries up in game to see what they look like, nor can I use the unit loadout screen to see weapon stats since I don't have access to those items in my game. Thus, everything will have to be based on rooting around in various files, hoping I look in the correct one.

If you want you can use this Endgame save. Almost all researches and enries have been unlocked: op endgame (2).sav

30 minutes ago, PALU said:

GAH! How was I supposed to know that the mod's files are overridden (partially, I assume, given the overriding file's much smaller size) by another mod? What other mods are overriding this mod?

Every mod which is above the main one. i think Charons Changes is the only one you will propably have to look out for. But i think you will have to see that for yourself.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:35 PM, Charon said:

Yes, the stun gas is akward since i coded the human stun gas variants. The alien versions are simply to strong to carry around, but the human stun ones are too weak, partly because of my oversight that i didnt actually accomodate the dmg to the chemical armour units have and partly by the recent discovery that chemical armour doesnt degrade. Part of the problem might also be that aliens became simply too intelligent to mindlessly arunning around in stun gas anymore.

Here is a revised version which i think will be more useful: gas_gc.xml strings.xml. Into the main X-Division folder.

Will this changes be in future updates ? Or is it special request ? I see you have added mitigation values.

19 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

Will this changes be in future updates ? Or is it special request ? I see you have added mitigation values.

It definitely will be in future versions, after being throughly tested on their balance. The question rather would be when the next update will come out, as the work has officially ended. For now everybody who has a clear head can use the files i provide in the forum on their own risk. So far i also changed the researches a bit, as the armour progression wasnt as i initially envisioned it: researches.xml . This ofcourse breaks compability without the start of a new game. Unless ofcourse you teched past all armours at which point the incompability becomes irrelevant.

Yes, i added the mitigation values. Before i found out that incendiary/chemical armour doesnt decrease i saw less of a problem with it, because i counted on the fact that in a firefight all armour decreases eventually. With the new inisght i balanced the values out so that you on average have the same stun damage that you have in phase 1, eg. dmg increases and so does the stun threshold of aliens. Stun grenades are not there to stun aliens though as @PALU might have thought, they are rather position denying tools in X-Division arsenal. So making an alien stand in a stun cloud wont make him fall quickly, but smoking a corridor is an effective way to keep aliens from passing through unless they want to voluntarily get themself stunned. This works because stun is per tile, and standing in one tile wont net you as much as passing through 5 tiles in one turn.

Edited by Charon

14 hours ago, Charon said:

It definitely will be in future versions, after being throughly tested on their balance. The question rather would be when the next update will come out, as the work has officially ended. For now everybody who has a clear head can use the files i provide in the forum on their own risk. So far i also changed the researches a bit, as the armour progression wasnt as i initially envisioned it: researches.xml . This ofcourse breaks compability without the start of a new game. Unless ofcourse you teched past all armours at which point the incompability becomes irrelevant.

Alright, thanks for info.

14 hours ago, Charon said:

Yes, i added the mitigation values. Before i found out that incendiary/chemical armour doesnt decrease i saw less of a problem with it, because i counted on the fact that in a firefight all armour decreases eventually. With the new inisght i balanced the values out so that you on average have the same stun damage that you have in phase 1, eg. dmg increases and so does the stun threshold of aliens. Stun grenades are not there to stun aliens though as @PALU might have thought, they are rather position denying tools in X-Division arsenal. So making an alien stand in a stun cloud wont make him fall quickly, but smoking a corridor is an effective way to keep aliens from passing through unless they want to voluntarily get themself stunned. This works because stun is per tile, and standing in one tile wont net you as much as passing through 5 tiles in one turn.

Okay that makes sense.

Another X-Pedia entry candidate batch. This means all the Division and Laser weapons are now covered.

Division Pistol Mk-3

This retrofit process for the Division Pistol Mk-2 results in a weapon that deals about 15% more damage and mitigates more armour.
Retrofitting a Division Pistol Mk-2 to the Mk-3 status requires the pistol itself, of course, as well as 1 Ballistic Core and one unit of Alenium.

Division Sniper Rifle Mk-3

We are now able to retrofit a Division Sniper Rifle Mk-2 into a Mk-3 version. If you equipped your soldiers with the Mk-2 model you definitely want to upgrade, as the upgraded model provides a longer range, more than 10% more damage, and a significantly improved armour mitigation.

Upgrading to one of these beauties will cost you 2 Ballistic Cores, 2 Alenium, and the Mk-2 weapon to be upgraded.

Division Minigun Mk-3

If you're using a Division Minigun Mk-2 you definitely want to upgrade it to Mk-3 status. The main disadvantage is that you're running out of ammo fast, as it fires twice as many bullets in each burst, but the ammo clip capacity remains the same, although complaining about spending the bullets too quickly is probably a bit petty. The per bullet is increased by 10% and the armour mitigation is somewhat better. The weight has increased by another 3 kg to 18, though. The upgraded weapon is also more accurate than the older version, although this is by no means a precision weapon.

To upgrade a Mk-2 model to Mk-3 status you need to spend 6 Ballistic Cores and 2 Alenium, as well as part with the weapon during the upgrade process.

Division Cannon Mk-3

Upgrading a Division Cannon Mk-2 to the Mk-3 version is not a straight forward upgrade. Instead, provides a bit of a choice, as the Mk-3 version exchanges a rather modest armour mitigation for a larger area effect, although it does cause a modest amount of additional damage.

You can upgrade your Division Cannon Mk-2 at the tune of 2 Ballistic Cores, 2 Alenium, and parting with the weapon to be retrofitted for the duration of the process.

Gatling Laser Mk-1

This weapon does not have a standard arsenal correspondent. It is a heavy weapon that deals 50% more damage than a Precision Laser, but it has a slightly shorter range than the Laser Rifle and it avoids the problem of just drilling a narrow, non lethal, channel through the target by spreading the damage over a larger surface area (which results in it not having any armour mitigation). The ammo clip capacity is extremely poor at 3, though.

Production of this weapon requires the use of 2 Alien Alloys.

Laser Minigun Mk-1

The Laser Minigun Mk-1 does not correspond to any weapon in the standard arsenal, unless you would consider it to be a laser based Heavy Machinegun on steroids.

The rotating barrels (for cooling purposes) result in a significant recoil, but being peppered by 40 modest strength laser shot can not be a pleasant experience, which means the target is unlikely to be able to resist suppression (should it survive). It is a heavy weapon, and thus suffers the corresponding penalties, and firing a burst takes a significant amount of time, so a suppressed soldier won't be able to recover sufficiently to fire it, nor can more than one burst be fired during a single turn.

We require 6 Alien Alloys to produce this weapon.

Gatling Laser Mk-2

The Gatling Laser Mk-2 improves on the Mk-1 model in most respects: almost 20% more damage, twice the ammo clip capacity (to a still paltry 6), and improved accuracy.

The manufacture of this weapon requires 1 Energy Core and 2 Alien Alloys.

Laser Minigun Mk-2

If you use a Laser Minigun, you should get a Mk-2 ASAP. This improved version is a significant improvement with 50% more shots per burst (60 vs 40), 3 times the ammo clip capacity, and we have also tuned the impact point radius of the beams to provide some armour mitigation. About the only negative thing about an upgrade is that you may need to upgrade to a brawnier soldier, as this weight training tool means lifting 20 kg just on its own.

6 Energy Cores and 2 Alien Alloys, that's what's required to allow us to produce this weapon.

Laser Carbine Mk-3

By upgrading your Laser Carbine Mk-2 to Mk-3 status you increase the damage dealt by 20%, and increases the maximum range (although you'll be in the face of the enemy regardless).

This upgrade uses 2 Energy Cores, 2 Alien Alloys, and the weapon to be upgraded, of course.

Scatter Laser Mk-3

The Scatter Laser Mk-3 is a tradeoff retrofit. We have finally managed to implement a burst fire mode, but it comes at the cost of each shot, even in single fire mode, packing only about 2/3 of the previous punch.

We need 1 Energy Core, 2 Alenium, and the Mk-2 weapon to perform this retrofit.

Laser Minigun Mk-3

Apart from the weight (another 4 kg, to 24) this weapon is clearly superiour to the Mk-2 model. Further tuning of the laser "impact" area has improved the armour mitigation a little, to precision has been improved a little (although still not ready for a marksman competition any time soon), the number of shots in a burst has increased to 80, and the ammo clip capacity has managed to keep pace with the increased power consumption, so it is still capable of providing energy for 10 bursts.

We can upgrade the Mk-2 weapon to Mk-3 status with the help of 6 Energy Cores and 2 Alien Alloys.

4 hours ago, Fox said:

I could not unpack the archive with the mod X-Division-requires some code!? I don't know what to do with it! a version 0.99.4 managed to unpack, but the game crashes when entering the weapons tab soldiers

Version 0.99.4 is no longer available. Please update your game to the latest version.

Yes. Put the med kit in your hand and stand next to the soldier. Click on the unconscious soldier rather than the med kit wielding one. And, by the way, you can heal other soldiers as well as locals with that technique, so the injured soldier with the weapon that's actually effective against an enemy can kill it, while the one who's got something ineffective can take care of the healing. Saving locals provide brownie points, and a saved local soldier can act as a meat shield if he lives to fight another round.

Healing an unconscious soldier wakes him up, which costs one healing point if otherwise uninjured, and I think reviving is done first, bleeding second, and HP healing last. A soldier woken up will become available the next turn (with the whole inventory in a pile on the ground, so most of that turn is typically spent picking up the stuff).

I believe there is a role for medic in the game, although I've never used it.

Edit: A new batch:

Alien Neutron Technology

The Alien Neutron Technology doesn't seem to be an upgrade of the Alien Plasma Technology as much as a complement to it, primarily used by the alien elite castes, i.e. Harridans and Wraiths. The weapons provide a slightly longer range than the Plasma weapons do, while dealing roughly the same amount of damage. Since Neutron and Plasma weaponry have some clear commonalities, this research should provide some of the groundwork required to research the advanced version of both technologies, although it's most likely not a strict requirement for Plasma Technology advancement.

The Neutron Technology was named well before we had much of an idea of how it worked. About the only thing we knew was that it wasn't electrically charged like Plasma, and so the Neutron name stuck. However, it doesn't actually fire single Neutrons, but rather photons (like Phasers), but arranged in a peculiar arrangement of superposition and entanglement causing them to reach the target virtually without any interaction with small particles (such as smoke) in the intervening medium. This means almost all of the energy is delivered to the target, rather than some of it getting lost on the way. Note that the fact that the energy isn't dissipated does not help aiming, as smoke will still hinder their ability to aim.

Advanced Alien Neutron Technology

We now have a decent grasp on the finer details of the Alien Neutron Technology, advancing our knowledge to the Advanced level.

It seems we do not get any direct results from this research, but rather a stepping stone on the road to understanding the Basic Antimatter Technology. However, to reach this pinnacle of technology we probably need to have acquired more or less everything else we can get technology wise on this level.

Alien Toxin Technology

The aliens employ a toxin technology that isn't fundamentally dissimilar to the chemical warfare techniques banned by the Geneva convention, although the aliens probably doesn't know about it, and probably wouldn't care if they did. It can be argued this convention doesn't apply to alien invaders, and, regardless, we need to study the chemicals used by the aliens to be able to look for antidotes (and such research is allowed by that convention, by the way).

Anyway, our understanding of the Alien Toxin Technology, coupled with knowledge about their biologies, allows us to start research on an Advanced Chemical Gas Technology of our own.

It's also reasonable to assume we ought to be able to further our studies to Advanced Alien Toxin Technology for the finer points provided we are able to examine samples of the more advanced weapons using this technology, at least if we're able to interrogate alien operators deploying it.

Advanced Alien Toxin Technology

We have made academic advances by studying Advanced Alien Toxin Technology, so we now have a good grasp of how it works. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to put that increased knowledge to any immediate use in the form of new research topics. We'll make sure to hold on to the knowledge, though, as you never know if it may be of use at some future time. If not, well, there is some interesting chemistry in there that may be put to a completely different use once this invasion has been thwarted.

Alien Toxin Rifle

The Alien Toxin Rifle fires what amounts to breakable syringes of neuro toxins that enter the body via the skin, eyes, or inhalation. It ought to be possible to device armours that provide additional resistance to these attacks, although this research is unlikely to help that along. However, this study has confirmed ours suspicions regarding the nature of these weapons, and ought to allow us to study the Alien Toxin Technology itself once we have examined a sufficient number of samples of weapons using this technology.

Each of these weapons can now be disassembled to provide two Chemical Core kits.

Alien Toxin Heavy

The Alien Toxin Heavy is the heavy weapon type in the Alien Toxin weapon family.

Study of this weapon has advanced our basic knowledge of the Alien Toxin Technology, but to actually start Advanced studies we probably need to examine the Cannon as well, and it wouldn't be surprising of we would have to interrogate Operators deploying these weapons as well.

We have devised a disassembly protocol for these weapons to provide us with 3 Chemical Cores for each weapon processed.

Alien Toxin Cannon

This nasty weapon fires a round that bursts into a cloud of neuro toxins on impact.

By studying this weapon we have increased our knowledge of the Alien Toxin Technology, but to reach the point at which we can start Advanced studies we probably need to examine the Alien Toxin Heavy as well, and there are some blanks which probably require interrogation, with Operators deploying these weapons being likely candidates.

The disassembly protocol for these weapons provide us with 4 Chemical Cores for each weapon disassembled.

Plasma Cannon Mk-1

This cannon is a cannon, which means it has an area effect outside of the target hit. It shares the common Mk-1 plasma technology trait of providing a high damage and a lousy ammo clip capacity (the burst mode empties the clip's 4 charges in one go, but that one go packs a lot of punch).

We can produce this weapon using 12 Alien Alloys.

Plasma Pistol Mk-2

The Plasma Pistol Mk-2 improves on the Mk-1 model by dealing 15-20% more damage with a higher (but still not stellar) accuracy and providing clips with a larger capacity.

Production of this weapon requires 2 Energy Cores and 4 Alien Alloys.

Plasma Rifle Mk-2

The Plasma Rifle Mk-2 deals about 15% more damage than the Mk-1 model and is more accurate as well.

You need to provide 2 Energy Cores and 4 Alien Alloys to produce this weapon.

Plasma Precision Mk-2

20% higher damage, some armour mitigation, and higher precision are the main differences between the Mk-2 and Mk-1 version of this weapon. The ammo clip capacity is still at 4 though.

4 Energy Cores and 6 Alien Alloys are required to produce one of these weapons.

Plasma Caster Mk-2

You get about 15% higher damage and a higher accuracy with the Mk-2 version of this weapon compared to the Mk-1 model.

This weapon costs you 2 Energy Cores and 4 Alien Alloys.

Plasma Cannon Mk-2

The Plasma Cannon Mk-2 sports 20% higher damage and a higher accuracy than the Mk-1 model, but the ammo clip is still good for only a single burst.

You have to provide 12 Energy Cores and 4 Alien Alloys to get one Plasma Cannon Mk-2.

Plasma Pistol Mk-3

This upgrade provides a longer range, over 25% higher damage, and a larger ammo clip capacity than the Mk-2 version.

Two Energy Cores and 4 Alenium is required to upgrade each Plasma Pistol Mk-2 to Mk-3 status.

Plasma Rifle Mk-3

Over 20% more damage, a larger range, and a ammo clip capacity that's 50% higher is what this upgrade provides.

To upgrade a Plasma Rifle Mk-2 to Mk-3 status you need to provide 2 Energy Cores and 4 Alenium.

Plasma Precision Mk-3

This upgrade provides over 20% higher damage, a considerably longer range, and a 50% higher ammo clip capacity (which still isn't anything to write home about).

We require 4 Energy Cores and 4 Alenium to be able to perform this upgrade.

Plasma Caster Mk-3

You get over 25% higher damage, a slightly longer range, and a larger ammo clip capacity with this upgrade.

The upgrade itself requires 2 Energy Cores and 4 Alenium.

Plasma Cannon Mk-3
<This looks wrong. Less than 20% extra damage per shot, but a reduction of the burst count from 4 to 3. Longer range, better single shot damage, lower burst damage, and a larger ammo clip capacity>.

Edited by PALU
Added edit

9 hours ago, ShadowAdmiral said:

Is there a way to use med kits on unconscious soldiers? I don't need to wake them up with a stim (what was possible in both first x-com games). But right now I never managed to heal a wound of an unconscious soldier, leading to a peacful death, but still a death.

Yes, you click on the medikit, and then on the soldier.

10 hours ago, Fox said:

I could not unpack the archive with the mod X-Division-requires some password!???, when unpacking!?

There is no password.

There is no cake ...

8 hours ago, PALU said:

Plasma Cannon Mk-3
<This looks wrong. Less than 20% extra damage per shot, but a reduction of the burst count from 4 to 3. Longer range, better single shot damage, lower burst damage, and a larger ammo clip capacity>.

Thats correct. You can write that the better finetuning of this weapon enabled the scientists to produce a blueprint for a version which can better control its burst function, since the earlier version were propably going to overkill anything anyway. Together with the higher ammo capacity it makes for a stronger, mroe versatile weapon than one which uses up all ammo in one big go. It also doesnt do less damage since you can shoot 2 bursts for 90% tu in comparasion to 1 burst + reload. Thats 140 * 6 = 840 in comparasion to 120 * 4 = 480 . Know your math.

My math circuits are still working somewhat, but the telepathy ones have never worked.

Another batch:

Caesan Engineer Interrogation
<Removed ugly colons>

This captive had much to say, and we made sure he did say it...

&#8226; Assuming we have an Alien Power Source, we should now know enough to figure out how to disassemble it safely.
&#8226; Assuming we have an Alien Anti Gravity Generator at hand, we should have be able to research it without blowing our up our facilities or launching them into space (in pieces...).
&#8226; Similarly, with an Alien Base Core at hand, we should be ready to investigate Alien Base Facilities.
&#8226; We should also be able to safely research the Alien Reactor as soon as we have one.
&#8226; We can see an Light Support Tank, 'Scimitar', taking form once we have interrogated a Sebillian Engineer and figured out how to deal with Alien Powersources, Alien Electronics, and how to fabricate Alien Alloys.
&#8226; The crystal ball also reveals a more advanced Light Tank in the distance, although we are likely to need quite a lot to actually be able to start to research it. The basic prerequisites are Alien Alloy Fabrication, Alien Electronics, and Alien Reactor for the components, and Disassembly of an Andron Server for the communications. On top of that, we probably need input from a Sebillian Engineer as well as appropriate encrypted data files from both the Caesan and the Sebillian side.
&#8226; A more advanced Hunter car may be easier to reach, as we think we need only technical knowledge in the form of Alien Powersource, Alien Electronics, and Alien Alloy Fabrication research.
&#8226; To research a dropship, 'Shrike' we should now only need techical research in the form of Alien Alloy Fabrication, Directional Thruster Array, and Alien Electronics.
&#8226; Shock Technology should be within our reach, assuming we have researched the Alien Electronics Technology.
&#8226; Given knowledge of the Alien Alloy Fabrication Technology, we should now be prepared to step it up to Alien Alloy Hardening.
&#8226; As if that wasn't enough, he also filled in a few blanks in the Caesan Technician's story.

Sebillian Engineer Interrogation
<Removed ugly colons and replaced first line>

We made him talk at length...

&#8226; Assuming we have an Alien Power Source, we should now know enough to figure out how to disassemble it safely.
&#8226; Assuming we have an Alien Anti Gravity Generator at hand, we should have be able to research it without blowing our up our facilities or launching them into space (in pieces...).
&#8226; Similarly, with an Alien Base Core at hand, we should be ready to investigate Alien Base Facilities.
&#8226; We should also be able to safely research the Alien Reactor as soon as we have one.
&#8226; We can see an Light Support Tank, 'Scimitar', taking form once we have interrogated a Caesan Engineer and figured out how to deal with Alien Powersources, Alien Electronics, and how to fabricate Alien Alloys.
&#8226; The crystal ball also reveals a more advanced Light Tank in the distance, although we are likely to need quite a lot to actually be able to start to research it. The basic prerequisites are Alien Alloy Fabrication, Alien Electronics, and Alien Reactor for the components, and Disassembly of an Andron Server for the communications. On top of that, we probably need input from a Caesan Engineer as well as appropriate encrypted data files from both the Caesan and the Sebillian side.
&#8226; A more advanced Hunter car may be easier to reach, as we think we need only technical knowledge in the form of Alien Powersource, Alien Electronics, and Alien Alloy Fabrication research.
&#8226; We foresee the ability to research a new Kinetic vehicle cannon once the technical prerequisites in the form of Alien Alloy Fabrication, Alien Electronics, and Alien Powersource are met.
&#8226; Shock Technology should be within our reach, assuming we have researched the Alien Lightning Technology.
&#8226; Given knowledge of the Alien Alloy Fabrication Technology, we should now be prepared to step it up to Alien Alloy Hardening.
&#8226; As if that wasn't enough, he also filled in a few blanks in the Sebillian Technician's story.

Plasma Cannon Mk-3

The retrofit of the Plasma Cannon Mk-2 to Mk-3 status results in a number of changes. Firstly, the damage per shot has been increased by almost 20%, and secondly we have increased the ammo clip capacity to 6 shots. As this doesn't work out well with a 4 short burst, we have reduced the number of shots per burst to 3, for a slightly lower damage per burst, but it allows you to fire two burst in a round rather than one, assuming you start with a full clip.

Upgrading the Plasma Cannon Mk-2 to Mk-3 status costs you 12 Energy Cores and 4 Alenium.

Advanced Alien Matergy Technology

Well, this research has a fairly clear result: assuming we have the MAG Technology in place, we should be ready to improve on that with research on the Advanced MAG Technology.

Alien Matergy Assault
<Does this actually appear?>

The Alien Matergy Assault Rifle is fairly similiar to the Alien Matergy Rifle.

If we have studied an Alien Matergy Pistol and possibly interrogated a wielder of this technology we ought to be ready for studies of the Alien Matergy Technology.

We can gain 1 Ballistic Cores from every 2 of these weapons.

MAG Technology

While the Alien Matergy weapons abuse the laws of physics in absurd ways, they work and work well, which means we would do well to imitate it and push our theoretical objections to the side. While we have no means to fabricate the actual firing mechanism the aliens use, we are able to extract one set of key parts from each Matergy weapon disassembled, which means they are sufficiently abundant that we won't need to keep track of their number, as long as we are not trying to produce them for profit (a prospect the spy shot down anyway).

Thus, we expect this research to outline the common groundwork for our own MAG series of weapons, allowing us to proceed to research manufacturing protocols for each individual weapon type in the series. Given past experience, we are bold enough to anticipate future improvements on the technology, and we thus name this line Mk-1.

Advanced MAG Technology

We believe we have now managed to devise the general procedure for incorporating Ballistic Cores into our MAG weapons, thus paving the way for research on production protocols for individual Mk-2 weapon types.

We think we also have gained a small part of the puzzle behind the Basic Antimatter weapons the aliens use, but it is likely we need to research more or less every theoretical technology we can, and probably interrogate Basic Antimatter weapon users on top of that, to make headway in that department.

MAG Carbine Mk-1

The MAG Carbine fulfills the role of a shotgun in the MAG family. It is an in-your-face range rapid fire weapon firing a hail of bullets that pair Kinetic damage with significant stun and suppression effects (although you will probably need to follow it up with less damaging stun effects if you want to capture the target alive).

We require 4 Alien Alloys to produce one of these weapons.

MAG Precision Mk-1

This weapon is a Precision Rifle, not a Sniper Rifle. It has a longer range than the MAG Rifle, sports 50% higher damage and a significant armour mitigation. A high TU cost 3 bullet burst mode replaces a sniper rifle's Sniper mode, and the range is shorter than that of a true sniper rifle. However, like a sniper rifle, this is a heavy weapon, so don't expect to hit anything while on the move.

Production of this weapon consumes 6 Alien Alloys.

MAG Minigun Mk-1

The MAG Minigun Mk-1 is a minigun, which means it fires a hail storm of bullets in each burst. It is clearly superiour to the Division Minigun Mk-1. The higher number of bullets in each burst should edge the Mk-2 out as well, unless the lower armour mitigation is a critical factor.

The materials cost of this weapon is 12 Alien Alloys.

MAG Pistol Mk-2

The MAG Pistol Mk-2 is a clear improvement over the Mk-1 version. It deals more than 20% more damage with a significantly better armour mitigation and improved accuracy.

The cost of producing this weapon is 2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alien Alloys.

MAG Rifle Mk-2

The MAG Rifle Mk-2 deals 20% higher damage with a significantly better armour mitigation and higher accuracy.

We require 2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alien Alloys for each weapon produced.

MAG Carbine Mk-2

20% more bullets per shot with a higher accuracy summarises the differences between the Mk-2 and Mk-1 versions of this weapon.

2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alien Alloys are used in the production of this weapon.

MAG Precision Mk-2

20% higher damage, about 50% stronger armour mitigation, and a higher accuracy are the key differences between the Mk-2 and Mk-1 versions of this weapons.

This weapon needs 4 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys for its construction.

MAG Storm Mk-2

The MAG Storm Mk-2 deals 25% higher damage and mitigates considerably more armour than the MAG Storm Mk-1, while improving on the accuracy.

We require 4 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium Alloys to produce this weapon.

MAG Minigun Mk-2

The MAG Minigun Mk-2 deals 33% more damage and mitigates more armour than the Mk-1. It is also more accurate, although the accuracy is still abysmal, so you won't miss out on the emergent area effect when firing this weapon.

12 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alien Alloys are used in the production of this weapon.

MAG Pistol Mk-3

This pistol improves the range over the Mk-2 model. It also deals about 10% more damage and mitigates a fair bit more armour. Finally, the burst mode fires 4 rather than 3 bullets.

We can upgrade a Mk-2 weapon with 2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium.

MAG Rifle Mk-3

The Mk-3 upgraded version of the MAG Rifle has a larger range, slightly higher damage, and considerably better armour mitigation than the Mk-2 version. It also fires 4 bullets per burst in burst mode rather than 3.

This upgrade costs 2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium.

MAG Carbine Mk-3

This upgrade provides two additional bullets per shot and a marginally larger range, compared to the Mk-2 version of this weapon.

The Mk-3 treatment of a MAG Carbine Mk-2 consumes 2 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium.

MAG Precision Mk-3

The MAG Precision Mk-3 provides 10% longer range, about 10% higher damage, and significantly better armour mitigation compared to the Mk-2 version.

This upgrade used 4 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium.

MAG Storm Mk-3

The upgrade of a MAG Storm Mk-2 to Mk-3 status provides substantial benefits: Increased range, 5% higher damage per bullet, significantly better armour mitigation, 10 bullets per burst rather than 8, and an increase in ammo clip capacity to still provide bullets for 5 bursts.

Upgrading a MAG Storm Mk-2 to Mk-3 status sets you back 4 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium.

MAG Minigun Mk-3

Upgrading a MAG Minigun Mk-2 to Mk-3 status provides the weapon with a slightly longer range, 5% higher per bullet damage, better armour mitigation, a an increase in burst bullet count from 60 to 80, with a corresponding ammo clip capacity increase.

We will use 12 Ballistic Cores and 4 Alenium in the process of upgrading this weapon.

3 hours ago, PALU said:

Alien Matergy Assault
<Does this actually appear?>

Researches.AlienMatergyAssault 9 ExtraterrestrialTech weapon.AlienMatergyAssault

Yes.

or not ...

There is no entry for that in the aiprops, and there are no sprites for this. The weapon is basically a slightly worse version than the matergy rifle. There are also no researches blocked through this. I will dummy it out than.

I like how you constantly mention the antimatter tech so casually although it should be a super secret research which is only known to less people than you have fingers on one hand ><.

I can cut the antimatter stuff out if you want. It would probably be best hinted at through some comment on how these weapons work (in the research of the weapons themselves, extracting the cores just in case we find a use for them?). And my telepathy receptor is still non functioning, so I didn't know you intended it to be secret rather than just bloody hard to reach.

12 minutes ago, PALU said:

I can cut the antimatter stuff out if you want. It would probably be best hinted at through some comment on how these weapons work (in the research of the weapons themselves, extracting the cores just in case we find a use for them?). And my telepathy receptor is still non functioning, so I didn't know you intended it to be secret rather than just bloody hard to reach.

You could make a story out of it. Or give the research a codename and refer to it as such.

The heart of this research is the classified being known as "Paul" AKA the alien rebel.

Actually i noticed that i dummied out the advanced neutron technology, which blocks the basic antimatter technology from getting researched. Here is a fixed version ( which nobody without a new campaign can use ): researches.xml

Others will have to delete the (AND)Researches.Dummy from the file. Fingers crossed that it works, but no guarantee.

@Svinedrengen @PALU

I checked the other anti matter technologies and they should work.

• Like 1

Here's revised version of the affected entries:

Alien Advanced Neutron Technology

We now have a decent grasp on the finer details of the Alien Neutron Technology, advancing our knowledge to the Advanced level.

It seems we do not get any direct results from this research, but we should collect everything we can in case we actually do find a use for it (if nothing else, it will advance science when we have finally returned to peace).

Advanced Plasma Technology

Advancing our studies into the Plasma Technology has allowed us to develop Mk-2 versions of our Plasma weapons. Obviously, in order to do so, we first have to have done our homework by figuring out how to make the corresponding Mk-1 models.

Advanced MAG Technology

We believe we have now managed to devise the general procedure for incorporating Ballistic Cores into our MAG weapons, thus paving the way for research on production protocols for individual Mk-2 weapon types.

Alien Dark Pistol

The Alien Dark Pistol seems to somehow generate anti matter and keep it shielded from matter until reaching the target, where the resulting matter/anti matter annihilation causes a devastating burst of radiation (mostly through heat, although the radiation can undoubtedly cause mutations should the target survive long term, and some level of radiation poisoning which we have instructed our medical staff to treat in a post mission checkup routine). Paul, or Alien Rebel (we obviously can't produce the radio bursts that go for his name, so he's chosen "Paul" as his human name), claims he knows about these weapons (there is apparently a full range of types) through hearsay only, and it appears to use very advanced technology, even from an Alien perspective.

To begin studies on the Alien Dark Technology, we probably have to examine an Alien Dark Cannon and an Alien Dark Assault weapon (after all, that's the pattern we've followed with other weapon types), as well as interrogating representatives of one or more Terror Soldier castes. While we should be able to understand some of the physics involved, will we ever be able to gather sufficient knowledge to actually replicate it? We're doubtful, but we shouldn't neglect the possibility, and so have produced a protocol for extraction of Antimatter Cores from these weapons.

3 of these weapons should provide us with 2 Antimatter Cores when disassembled.

29 minutes ago, PALU said:

To begin studies on the Alien Dark Technology, we probably have to examine an Alien Dark Cannon and an Alien Dark Assault weapon (after all, that's the pattern we've followed with other weapon types), as well as interrogating representatives of one or more Terror Soldier castes. While we should be able to understand some of the physics involved, will we ever be able to gather sufficient knowledge to actually replicate it? We're doubtful, but we shouldn't neglect the possibility, and so have produced a protocol for extraction of Antimatter Cores from these weapons.

I like it.

On 28.08.2018 at 19:22, Charon said:

Да, вы нажимаете на медикит, а затем на солдата.

Нет пароля.

Нет торта ...

Правильно. Вы можете написать, что лучший тоннель этого оружия позволил ученым составить план для версии, которая может лучше контролировать свою функцию всплеска, так как более ранняя версия, возможно, все равно переполнит что-либо. Вместе с более высокой емкостью боеприпасов он создает более сильное, многообещающее оружие, чем тот, который использует все боеприпасы в один большой ход. Он также не наносит меньше урона, так как вы можете снимать 2 всплеска на 90% tu при сравнении с 1 всплеском + перезарядкой. Thats 140 * 6 = 840 в сравнении с 120 * 4 = 480. Знай свою математику.

requires a password! The archive is not unpacked

@Fox: I fail to see what's "stupid" about a request to make a quote into a proper quote, rather than a post of something that's probably a translation into Russian of a quote. I agree the joke was a bit lame, though.
Edit: By the way, have you verified that your problems aren't caused by your translator "translating" links that might have been in the original text into garbage?

Here's a new set of X-Pedia entry candidates.

<One thing I think is missing is a technical summary of the weapon techs in their research description, i.e. how they perform both compared to the earlier/parallel techs, i.e. Gauss vs MAG and Division. Similarly, the broad strokes of Mk-2 vs Mk-1 ought to be outlined in the Advanced Tech. However, I don't think I have a sufficient grasp and overview to produce the technical basis for such comparisons.>

Gauss Technology

We have made another breakthrough, Commander. After studying the alien Vindicator Technology, we have been able to use the technology to prepare the ground for the development of a new weapons technology series of our own, the Gauss Technology.

The physics theory behind this line of weapons is well known, so our problems have been technical rather than theoretical, i.e. how to produce sufficiently strong magnetic fields without affecting the surroundings (you don't want nails to be pulled out of boards to come flying at the weapon, nor have the weapon pulled away towards e.g. a ground vehicle), and how to provide enough energy in the ammo clips and discharge that energy quickly enough. And, of course, the whole contraption would have to fit the general shape and weight, and function of a normal weapon.

So, how does a Gauss weapon work? The basic principle is actually the same as that of the MAG Technology, but applied in a much more sensible fashion: a coil shaped electro magnet pulls a magnetic slug towards its center. As soon as the center is reached, the current is cut, and the bullet continues forward through the hole. A pistol would use a single coil, while a sniper rifle would use a series of coils such that the second coil is magnetised as the first one is disabled, pulling the bullet forward at ever increasing speeds.

As usual, the Gauss Technology itself provides only the framework, with additional research required to hammer out the manufacturing details for each weapon type. We are sufficiently certain that it should be possible to improve on the technology with an Advanced Gauss Technology given further insight into the Vindicator Technology to apply a Mk-1 designation on this series of weapons.

This technology should be readily applied to a ground vehicle mounted Gauss weapon, allowing us to devise production protocols for this, and once we have a Mech, it should be straight forward to produce a Gauss weapon for it.

We can see an aircraft weapon using this technology in the future, provided we can improve on our Alien Alloy fabrication technique: the standard one will not be resilient enough for the stresses foreseen.

Advanced Gauss Technology

Advancing on our Gauss Technology, we have now managed to penetrate the technical details of the Advanced Vindicator Technology sufficiently to integrate Ballistic Cores into our Gauss Technology weapons for an improved effect, which paves the ground for a Mk-2 line of weapons.

We think we might be able to use the magnetic manipulation knowledge and techniques developed to help produce a vehicle mounted energy cannon, but the bulk of that research would obviously have to build on energy technology, probably with a helping of explosives technology.

Assuming we have a Mech, we also ought to be able to use the same foundations as the ones needed for a vehicle energy weapon to produce a better Mech mounted one, but we would probably need input from explosives technology as well.

Gauss Pistol Mk-1

The Gauss Pistol Mk-1 is superious to the MAG Pistol Mk-1 in every way. The comparison to higher tier MAG Pistols is less clear, though, as those provide a higher armour mitigation, but produce less damage. The Gauss Pistol Mk-1 provides a longer range than the lower tier MAG Pistols, and replaces the burst mode of those with an aimed shot mode.

We require 4 Alien Alloys to be able to manufacture this weapon.

Gauss SMG Mk-1

The Gauss SMG Mk-1 causes 50% more damage than the Division SMG Mk-3 (there is no SMG in the MAG lineup), but suffers from lower accuracy and a poorer armour mitigation.

6 Alien Alloys are used in the production of this weapon.

Gauss Rifle Mk-1

The Gauss Rifle Mk-1 performs favourably compared to the MAG Rifle Mk-1, but its poorer armour mitigation is probably not compensated for by the higher damage when compared to the higher MAG tiers.

To have one of these produced you have to provide us with 6 Alien Alloys.

Gauss Shotgun Mk-1

You would probably want to replace a MAG Carbine Mk-1 with the Gauss Shotgun Mk-1 unless you don't want to give up the burst firing mode. Compared to the higher tier MAG Carbines, the Gauss Shotgun Mk-1 deals more damage per bullet, but has fewer bullets per shot.

The production of this weapon consumes 6 Alien Alloys.

Gauss Sniper Mk-1

The Gauss Sniper Mk-1 is a true sniper rifle superiour to the Division Sniper Mk-3 in damage and accuracy, while suffering from a poorer armour mitigation.
Comparing it to the MAG line is trickier, as the MAG Precision has traded a burst mode for a sniper mode and a long range. This weapon is clearly superiour to the Mk-1 in all aspects except the burst mode.

9 Alien Alloys are needed to produce this weapon.

Gauss Heavy Mk-1

At 50% higher damage and a slightly longer range, but a poorer armour mitigation and a considerably poorer accuracy this weapon is not a clear winner when pitted against a Division Heavy Machinegun Mk-3, but it may compete with the Mk-2 version.
It is probably a better choice than a MAG Storm Mk-1, but probably not compared to the higher tier MAG Storm weapons.

We will consume 6 Alien Alloys in the production of this weapon.

Gauss Minigun Mk-1

The Gauss Minigun Mk-1 is a clear improvement over the Division Minigun Mk-1, but inferiour to the Division Minigun Mk-3. It ought to out perform the MAG Minigun Mk-1, but probably not the higher tiers.

24 Alien Alloys are needed to produced this weapon.

Gauss Pistol Mk-2

This weapon is clearly superiour to the Mk-1 model, as it sports a much better armour mitigation at a longer range, with more damage, and with better precision.

This weapon requires 6 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys for its production.

Gauss SMG Mk-2

Everything is better with this Gauss SMG model than the predecessor: range, damage, armour mitigation, and accuracy.

We can provide one of these beauties for the low, low price of 4 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys.

Gauss Rifle Mk-2

The Gauss Rifle Mk-2 outperforms outperforms the Mk-1 on all fronts: range, damage, armour mitigation, and accuracy.

This weapon costs 4 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys.

Gauss Shotgun Mk-2

Two additional pellets per shot and a higher accuracy than the Mk-1 are good reasons to switch to the Gauss Shotgun Mk-2.

We can produce this weapon if you can provide us with 4 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys.

Gauss Sniper Mk-2

The Gauss Sniper Mk-2 has a longer range, deals more damage, mitigates more armour, and is more accurate than the Mk-1 version.

One of these fine weapons will set you back 6 Ballistic Cores and 9 Alien alloys.

Gauss Heavy Mk-2

The Gauss Heavy Mk-2 has a longer range, deals more damage, mitigates more armour, and is more accurate than the Mk-1 model.

We need 6 Ballistic Cores and 6 Alien Alloys to produce this weapon.

Gauss Minigun Mk-2

Longer range, more damage, more armour mitigation, and higher accuracy are reasons to replace a Gauss Minigun Mk-1 with a Mk-2.

Production of this weapon consumes 24 Ballistic Cores and 8 Alien alloys.

Gauss Pistol Mk-3

The Mk-3 upgrade of the Gauss Pistol Mk-2 provides a longer range, a slightly increased damage, considerably better armour penetration, and better accuracy.

This upgrade uses 6 Ballistic Cores and 8 Alenium.

Gauss SMG Mk-3

Upgrading a Gauss SMG Mk-2 to Mk-3 status results in a weapon with a longer range, marginally higher damage, and an improved armour mitigation.

The upgrade process for this weapon consumes 4 Ballistic Cores and 8 Alenium.

Gauss Rifle Mk-3

When you upgrade your Gauss Rifle Mk-2 to Mk-3 status you gain a longer range, marginally higher damage, a significant armour mitigation improvement, and improved accuracy.

We will use 4 Ballistic Cores and 8 Alenium when performing this upgrade.

Gauss Shotgun Mk-3

The Gauss Shotgun Mk-2 -> Mk-3 upgrade results in a weapon with a slightly longer range, two additional pellets, a larger ammo clip capacity, and higher accuracy.

This retrofit uses 4 Ballistic Cores and 8 Alenium.

Gauss Sniper Mk-3

The upgrade of a Gauss Sniper Mk-2 to Mk-3 status actually has one disadvantage: a slightly lower damage. The reason for this is that in order to achieve a huge improvement in armour mitigation, we had to change the shape of the bullet so the entry and exit wounds are smaller. On top of the armour penetration, the upgrade improves the range and accuracy of the weapon.

This upgrade requires 6 Ballistic Cores and 10 Alenium.

Gauss Heavy Mk-3

The Gauss Heavy Mk-2 -> Mk-3 retrofit improves the range, provides a marginally higher damage, and mitigates considerably more armour, all while improving the accuracy of the weapon considerably (admittedly from a low level).

To perform this retrofit you have to provide 6 Ballistic Cores and 10 Alenium.

Gauss Minigun Mk-3

The Gauss Minigun Mk-3 retrofit of the Mk-2 version results in a weapon with a longer range, marginally higher damage, considerably better armour mitigation, higher accuracy (while still abysmal), and twice the ammo clip capacity.

Upgrading the Mk-2 monster to become even more monstrous costs 24 Ballistic Cores and 10 Alenium.

Edited by PALU
Added edit