[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

19 minutes ago, shini said:

Hi!

So I have installed (and reinstalled) everything in right order, but after applying patch 99.33, my game decided to flood me with those ERROR messages, without launching. Does anybody have a solution?

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, Zack65 said:

Install XCE 0.34.2! and the messages stop

Updated the OP with this feedback.

7 hours ago, drages said:

Suppression is now only at burst weapons and shotguns. 

So shotguns smg and rifles got little, heavies moderate and mini guns got most suppression now.  

This is for 1. Phase weapons only for now. 

That makes sense. Having enemies be suppressed by a pistol shot is a bit weird.  

But personally I have been finding shotguns a bit lack luster.  It's short range and low ammo count means I prefer the pistol most of the time. My favorite setup for assaults is to have a laser pistol in one hand, and a balistic smg in the other. Then the soldier is prepared for anything. Shot guns need more benefits.  I think it should have the same suppression rate as a mini-gun. I also think Shotguns should do more stun damage. It should do more regular damage then stun, but still more stun then it is currently doing.

And what about rockets?   Anything in a rockets blast area should be subject to supression. But right now if a rocket just flies by someone they get supressed even if they are not close to being the target.

2 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

That makes sense. Having enemies be suppressed by a pistol shot is a bit weird.  

But personally I have been finding shotguns a bit lack luster.  It's short range and low ammo count means I prefer the pistol most of the time. My favorite setup for assaults is to have a laser pistol in one hand, and a balistic smg in the other. Then the soldier is prepared for anything. Shot guns need more benefits.  I think it should have the same suppression rate as a mini-gun. I also think Shotguns should do more stun damage. It should do more regular damage then stun, but still more stun then it is currently doing.

And what about rockets?   Anything in a rockets blast area should be subject to supression. But right now if a rocket just flies by someone they get supressed even if they are not close to being the target.

Shutguns can have more stun yes.. but Charons handle them.. rockets will be balanced too.

3 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

Thats how the code is coded, passing projectiles surpress closeby units as well. Nothing we can really do about that, and i dont think its a bad feature if you get suppressed because a rocket is flying1 inch beside your ear. 2 tiles of distance in the game and you should be save.

Guys a little feedback:

I LOVE the new Main Menu Screen, but the option text in black is barely readable and i would also suggest you to reduce the transparency a bit.

But just let the images speaks by themselves.

MainMenu.jpg

Edited by YaK

18 minutes ago, YaK said:

Guys a little feedback:

I LOVE the new Main Menu Screen, but the option text in black is barely readable and i would also suggest you to reduce the transparency a bit.

Hey Yak..

The UI modding is limited at some colors and we can't change the color of the option menu items.. So u can see the option at only mouse over.. as people does not use that options so often (1-2 for a life time), i sacrificed them.

The button and holding the family photo was very important for me when i design the menu picture ( i did not do that, i don't have those skills.. heh), and somehow we need to show that part to the player.. the transparency is for this reason and other then options, all parts are readble like save/load and start new games.. 

30 minutes ago, YaK said:

Guys a little feedback:

MainMenu.jpg

Drages Translator:

These fonts cant be changed, its hardcoded. We know about that. You can still see them prerfectly fine in the geoscpae menu and changed them there.

The other things +1.

7 hours ago, YaK said:

Ok, understood. Could you at least point me in the correct file (if there is any) to edit to lower trasnparency of the clipboard a bit?

Clipboard is an image. It's under backgrounds folder, with same name. Just rename it and you will have the default one. After you done with options u can rename it again.

1 hour ago, Sectiplave said:

Speaking of rockets, is it possible to change what rocket the rocket launcher is loaded with at the start of the mission?

I don't use launchers after phase 1 as it is wasted TU's / inventory / weight to change from default rocket to a rocket that will actually do some damage.

I dont really use them either, because first of all they are an suboptimal choice to begin with because they destroy corpses/loot. Whats the point in using weaponry that doesnt let you achieve the best result in the first place, max corpses/alive units + max loot.

I think the biggest drawback is that it needs a whole round to reload, no matter what. I suggest to decrease the reloading cost from 35 to 10 to actually make them viable, so you can shoot and reload in the same turn ( or visus verca ). More experienced soldiers can even shoot, reload and move a bit.

Edited by Charon

1 hour ago, Sectiplave said:

Speaking of rockets, is it possible to change what rocket the rocket launcher is loaded with at the start of the mission?

I don't use launchers after phase 1 as it is wasted TU's / inventory / weight to change from default rocket to a rocket that will actually do some damage.

In the inventory screen you can drag a rocket into the rocket launcher and it will use that as the default rocket. But it forgets what it is between missions, so before each mission you need to do it again.

I find rockets are the most uselfull for stun gas. first you shoot open the door, then you shoot the rocket inside , stunning the aliens or forcing them to move instead of shooting you.

Or incinidary rockets, or gas rockets can work well too. These things all force aliens to move instead of staying in the damaging blast zone.

Rockets are also uselfull for supressing enemies that you do not have direct line of site to. Or they are usefull for emergency situation where some stubborn enemy just won't die, or you have enemies  grouped together.

If rockets are concidered weak I would suggest having them do more damage to structures, instead of changing the reload time. Have the main purpose of rockets to blow up the enemies cover, so that your other guys can then shoot them. Maybe have the default rocket do less damage to aliens then currently,  and more to structures. (if the game can be modded that way.)

And has anone ever got any use out of the AWAK's.   It is a cool idea and it looked like some work was put into it, but I don't know what to do with it.   The most it does is help as a rador as you are building a new base, but the benefit of that has been minimal.  For the most part it wastes maintaince costs, and takes up a very needed spot in your base.  It needs to do something else. Such as be the only craft that can spot certain types of UFO's.   Or if it was  a bit faster and had 4 cannon slots.

I can give them low attack tu.  As you know there were more rocket launchers at 0.98. I plan to put them again so you won't use a lame bazooka at age of pulse rifles. 

They are making huge structure damage already even default rocket because they are explosive. 

I can plan to make energy rockets with not destroying the corpse or items. 

I will put this to list.  Thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

And has anone ever got any use out of the AWAK's.   It is a cool idea and it looked like some work was put into it, but I don't know what to do with it.   The most it does is help as a rador as you are building a new base, but the benefit of that has been minimal.  For the most part it wastes maintaince costs, and takes up a very needed spot in your base.  It needs to do something else. Such as be the only craft that can spot certain types of UFO's.   Or if it was  a bit faster and had 4 cannon slots.

I usually use it to follow UFOs outside of the radar range to pinpoint their exact position ALL the time. The phase 1 and 2 aicraft radar ranges cant really compare to that + their long patrol time makes them viable.
I also use them to ensure safe and detected areas for my dropships to pass for instance from america to australia, or from europ to china. Furthermore, for regular patrols over russia and any kind of scouting activity i might have in mind.
The maintenance cost looks reasonable, but you are right after the second phase the free hangar space might get more valuable for other aircraft. Its rather a support unit stationed in your third base than a powerhouse.

Yes, the whole concept could be improved and expanded.

I got some ideas to implement which will change the game play but same time I don't want to change the xcom feeling. 

For more realistic detection, bases should not able to detect so long ranges. Today there is no radar which can detect and identify from that huge ranges at mainland. So it should be airborne. 

For this reason we can have different awacs for all phases with big detection circles and much lower radars at bases.  Your awacs could be hit so easily by enemy fighters because the speed and weapons. We can give fighters to support it but then those fighters will have ultimate range like awacs has. This will break the balance because you can use those fighters with anything. 

As you see this is game changing and very different concept. At phase 3 and 4 it will be a huge problem to have awacs in the air when there is many ufos flying. It's a cool feature and a nice touch to make the air strategical game play much alive and harder. But this could make the mod something more challenging then it should be too. 

It's something should be tested after version 1.0 when we have a solid mod with balance already. Could be a mod mod at first or forever so player can choose to use it or not. 

On 20.11.2016 at 10:42 PM, Charon said:

But its cool that you automatically set up the game again in this case. I like that.

I like that too and it does not take too long if you have all files at hand. Actually deleting the old folder with its 240.000 something files takes longer :D

After cross reading in X.CE bug forum it seems that I found a solution to my freeze, crash issues .... the sound mods I used before (ultimate surround sound, etc) I did not install them this time and the game is much more stable now. I can also alt tab without black screen now and use the editor gc V button :D

*edit: I sold my awac the first day ... I use rockets! to carry something heavy to increase str :D and for the occasional boom factor

Cheers

Issoy

Edited by Issoy