[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 hour ago, Charon said:

You did not install the game correctly. Please read the instrunctions carefully and come back when you still have issues. The black things are the letters.

wow... your a visionary.

I did install the game correctly and i repeated it 3 times as stated in your first post. All 3 times with the results mentioned above.

1 hour ago, BHef said:

wow... your a visionary.

I did install the game correctly and i repeated it 3 times as stated in your first post. All 3 times with the results mentioned above.

Did you read the part where it states

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

You shouldn`t play X-Division with any other mods than stated. Only cosmetic mods are allowed and only if you know exactly what you are doing. Keep in mind every savegame is unique to its mods its saved with.

Is the sentence understandable enough ? Should i explain it to you ?

As much as i appreciate your work with this fantastic mod, but you Sir are extremely arrogant in the form and sound of your answers. I doubt, changing the passengers in the Dropship breaks the Mod but as you are unwilling to be of help in this matter i will just end my request as you, in addition, didnt read my full post obviously as i didnt ask just something related to my game having errors... Thanks for no help with these questions, too...

@Svinedrengen Okay, I'm glad to know it's not just me that really hates that map, I'd go as far as to say it's the worst map in the entire game! And I think that says something when some of those arctic maps are pretty boring.

15 hours ago, BHef said:

I am having some issues with a correct setup of the mod:

1. sometimes i cant load my laser waepon (MKI) although the right ammo is loaded and enough time units are there. Noticed it happens randomly to rifles and carbines so far. known bug?

2. i have some issues with ground combat freezing at alien movement from time to time, though rarely. I am using the recommended mod priority with one addition: Reinforcements mod to raise Xenonauts numbers to 16 but i dont think thats the issue.

3. The new morale system doesnt seem to be correct for me. I started a Terror Mission and di well for 4 turns, not receiving an hits, downing a few aliens and not shooting civilians. Never the less on turn 5 the Xenonauts morale dropped massivly with 50% of my team panicking and running away while the rest held the line just to run away in turn 6... to make it even worse, someone panicked going on a killing spree, shooting a civilian... battle lost with everybody running around headless, beeing killed with no possibility to abort the mission with people onboard. I am not arguing the decision of the 300% morale hit upon shooting civilians (although i think its a wrong one, who cares a civilian in a town wide terror attack...no soldier will run away because of that and probably not the whole team.. come on, its an alien invasion and you can think of your sorrow later on!!) i am having issues with my soldiers running for no reason...

4. i tried to disable psi completely by editing the psionicpowers in the x-division mod directory to have the psionic attacks use 500 Action points. Breaks ground combat because Alien movement freezes. any other way to disable psi?

@BHef I've been playing X-Div since around 99.1 from memory, now is that this mod is larger than ever, I can say 100% that it is too complicated to modify, I tried to do a few small things myself and it absolutely destroyed game stability. I'm not sure if there is a disclaimer in the install (if there isn't there should be) but basically if you've changed anything from the install instructions you're not going to be able to get support for instability. I'm into January now, crash site in the 40's and haven't had crashes.

16 hours ago, Xplodingducks said:

Just came back to the mod after around a year hiatus, and it’s still as insanely difficult as ever! I do have a few tactical questions though.

1. Flamethrowers are devastatingly effective especially early game, doing a shotgun’s job much much better. I know it destroys corpses, but should I phase out shotguns for flamethrowers?

2. Any tips for breaching UFOs? This is the part of the mission I always take casualties. Either I’ll be entering the ufos and take reaction fire from guys hiding in the corners (smoke sometimes works, sometimes not), or guys will rush out when I’m preparing a breach team on the flank. 

Great work guys! The aliens feel intelligent and dynamic, always requiring you to think. Props to who ever made the AI, I am extremely impressed. Keep it up!

@Xplodingducks #1 I would say no personally, for Caesans you need to collect all alien stun grenades possible! For Androns disassemble their corpses is worth many fibres, all these things become very useful from phase2 onwards for weapons, armor and ground vehicle development. So you don't want to destroy them with the flamer too much. Once your troop has high enough strength they can hold a flamethrower in their backpack if you are getting swarmed by melee units, personally I lean toward the miniguns, massive damage from close range and high suppression from range.

#2 Two tactics that I use to assault alien UFO's, first thing to know is that firing machineguns etc. at the UFO doors will suppress any aliens standing behind the door! This makes them unable to have enough TU's to really shoot at your troops. Secondly when coming towards the UFO doors themselves, use smoke grenades between your troops and the doors, if the chance to hit is too low the AI will not take shots at your troopers, the one thing to be REALLY careful of, is smoke doesn't really stop aliens throwing grenades at your troops, so smoke AND suppression together is the only real way to avoid taking damage. I'm also assuming you have at least two soldiers with shields, they will always be the closest to the door so if anyone does shoot the shield should take most of the damage.

Second tactic involves smoke grenades again, and throwing explosive packs at the doors or firing rocket launchers at the doors, but this destroys valuable resources, and in early game your troops probably don't have enough strength to carry all this gear.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marcinius Turelles said:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread - but I ran into an error when trying to land on a UFO.

Capture.PNG

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help, make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

+ OS

6 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

@Svinedrengen Okay, I'm glad to know it's not just me that really hates that map, I'd go as far as to say it's the worst map in the entire game! And I think that says something when some of those arctic maps are pretty boring.

The first map I made was actually an arctic one, as I agree with you that some arctic maps are a little empty/boring, it kinda goes with the setting but still. I have another kandidat for worst map categori, the arctic map with a big lake going through middle, almost cutting the map in half, and the rest of map are just some trees, rocks and huge open spaces. I do not see any reason for that map to be in game, not even for varierity reasons. It feels very undone. 

Edited by Svinedrengen
  • Like 1

On 9.4.2018 at 9:31 AM, BHef said:

3. The new morale system doesnt seem to be correct for me. I started a Terror Mission and di well for 4 turns, not receiving an hits, downing a few aliens and not shooting civilians. Never the less on turn 5 the Xenonauts morale dropped massivly with 50% of my team panicking and running away while the rest held the line just to run away in turn 6... to make it even worse, someone panicked going on a killing spree, shooting a civilian... battle lost with everybody running around headless, beeing killed with no possibility to abort the mission with people onboard. I am not arguing the decision of the 300% morale hit upon shooting civilians (although i think its a wrong one, who cares a civilian in a town wide terror attack...no soldier will run away because of that and probably not the whole team.. come on, its an alien invasion and you can think of your sorrow later on!!) i am having issues with my soldiers running for no reason...

4. i tried to disable psi completely by editing the psionicpowers in the x-division mod directory to have the psionic attacks use 500 Action points. Breaks ground combat because Alien movement freezes. any other way to disable psi?

These are not related to my wrong installation and i still want to have them discussed.

Edited by BHef

8 minutes ago, BHef said:

These are not related to my wrong installation and i still want to have them discussed.

Everything can be related to a wrong installation. Matter of the fact is nobody can really troubleshoot anything before you make sure you have a correct setup. Maybe you messed up the morals halfway.

3. Like pointed out, you may have messed up things, and therefore this may have lead to different values for your game.

4. Again, if you would have a correct setup, it wouldnt crash. Simply as that. If you correctly mod the psionicpowers_gc.xml there is no freezing, as we have modded it heavily ourself. Changing TU requirements doesnt freeze the game.

The thing you should take away from this is that you are not necessarily wrong, but that doesnt mean you are entitled to bother other people with a wrong setup. Make a correct installation, see if the issues consist and politely ask how you can correctly mod your own game.

If you are not going the extra mile, why should anybody else ?

If you are interested in modding i suggest this excellent guide:

https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19387-the-comprehensive-guide-to-modding-and-the-modmerging-system-for-xce/#comment-168101

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BHef said:

That still doesnt answer my question on how to disable psi... i went quite well the last years to increase psi attack TU...

Well, it doesnt acutally answer the question of ANOTHER way to disable psionics. But the sentences implies that the problem consists in the crashing, and not in an discussion about all the different ways to disable psionics. If that is the case i cant help you. Maybe others can answer that for you.

But my guess was simply as in - 1 working solution for you is enough.

15 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

The first map I made was actually an arctic one, as I agree with you that some arctic maps are a little empty/boring, it kinda goes with the setting but still. I have another kandidat for worst map categori, the arctic map with a big lake going through middle, almost cutting the map in half, and the rest of map are just some trees, rocks and huge open spaces. I do not see any reason for that map to be in game, not even for varierity reasons. It feels very undone. 

Hahahaha! I play that map last night, and I agree that's the primary map I think of when, I think that Arctic maps are boring!

• Like 1

I made some comments about the current X2 development:

3 minutes ago, Charon said:
11 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm curious as to how people feel about that sort of thing - does anyone have any thoughts on that that they would like to share?

You should take the words of the best people in the industry:

"A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad" - Shigeru Miyamoto

As a game developer you want to have as much testers as your team can process the feedback with. There is no reason to get more feedback than your team can realistically deal with. Your other goal is to keep the amount of testers to a minimum possible, as in - reduce the exposure of your game as much as possible, while having a reasonable testing cycle ongoing without burning out too much of your most commited buyers of your game.

The other truth of this quote is that the time people spend on your game should be quality time. If you tell people that you dont have anything to play with for 3 months thats ok - im pretty sure they will find something else to do in the meantime. But if players have to spend 20 hours to find out that they are playing bullcrap than that will net you a lot of negative feedback, and rightly so.
Just take No Mans Sky as an example. Advertised as an finished game it lacked basically anything it advertised with, apart from having no real gameplay spiked with bugs. The next patches made it sort of into the game which was promised it would be at launch. Nevertheless it only became a playable game, nothing spectacular, but now it was burdened with all the negative feedback from before. Getting the game into a playable state didnt return all the lost hours people have spent in their free time on bullcrap. As a player you give the developers a blank cheque of trust, the trust that the game you are playing is worth spending time on. So if you dont think you got quality material you should wait until you have it.

This may be somewhat unrelated related, but here is a quote from Sun Tzu:

"Anger may in time change to gladness; vexation may be succeeded by content. But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being ( a destroyed game ); nor can the dead ever be brought back to life ( the hours spend on that game ).Hence the enlightened ruler is heedful, and the good general full of caution. This is the way to keep a country at peace and an army intact." - Sun Tzu.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pandi said:

Very beautiful map, but sadly aliens have no chance to get to terror site. ;)

Oh right, you are that guy that can shoot down anything with 1 F-17 while being blindfolded. It most be the name that scares the aliens, "here comes the Pandi". It actually sounds good for a plane/pilot that just flattens the opposition. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

Oh right, you are that guy that can shoot down anything with 1 F-17 while being blindfolded. It most be the name that scares the aliens, "here comes the Pandi". It actually sounds good for a plane/pilot that just flattens the opposition. 

you would be surprised what an infiltrator can do to boost the alien morale. :) , but still impressive. learned a lot from @Pandi thanks

Edited by Phoenix1x+52

4 hours ago, Pandi said:

How about to add some chinook start point at two lower lawns and at left upper park zone? It can break beauty a bit, but boost variety great.

No, I dont want the player to use the edges as exsploits. 

I agree that beauty is secondary to funktioality, if the terrormission goes as usual ( atleast the way I play), there will only be around half of the map left, when the battle is over :)