[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

13 minutes ago, Kirill Selivanov said:

Hmm... hasn't saw the part in line about it.

Downloaded it, but not activated.

Is that - norm? http://prntscr.com/daimlf

Or i need to replace basic game files with these? (not to put it as a mod)

This looks so wrong all the way, that i cant even start to diagnose what went wrong. Do you even have the game ?

If you use the GOG version follow the instructions to isntall XCE.

15 hours ago, drages said:

I can give them low attack tu.  As you know there were more rocket launchers at 0.98. I plan to put them again so you won't use a lame bazooka at age of pulse rifles. 

They are making huge structure damage already even default rocket because they are explosive. 

I can plan to make energy rockets with not destroying the corpse or items. 

I will put this to list.  Thank you. 

Yeah that might be a better idea, like Charon said Rockets are not optimal choice currently, but I'd like something like them for attacking vehicles. I guess the issue is instead of a rocket launcher, you can equip and throw an advance explosive pack which will probably do more damage than a rocket anyway, and when your soldier has 150Strength they can throw really really far and with high accuracy too. So Rocket launchers need something a bit unique about them.

@Sir_Dr_D Hmmm I tried this in soldier equip menu but Phase3 rockets would not equip into the default rocket launcher, also having to re-do this every mission is just too clunky, especially if you send your soldiers on two or even three missions before returning to base.

How far can you throw a heavy explosive? Rockets got unlimited range. For this reason they are not powerful. 

The explosive damage is still one of the best against most aliens. I made them as a solution for very hard situations. But the game difficult is still easier then I expected so you don't need so much. 

I don't want to give 1000 hp to a little caesan for logical reasons so I will what I can do. Melee creatures are not so big thread too. First we will buff them and see what will happen. 

I want to have a huge patch before Christmas but not sure about it too.  

I work on androns so hard for long time and will change them totally. I hope it will make a difference. 

9 hours ago, GomoraWasHere said:

Can we have an alternate download site for the main download of .99? The 5GB bandwidth limit in MEGA makes downloading the mod difficult. Especially when you have a mod that is near that bandwidth limit.

Sry no before nexus, hopefully Chrismas..

Here is the final note on the crashes and freezes some may have experienced with the Ultiamte Ambient Sound and Tropical Tileset mod. Red stressed sentences are stressed by me.

On 21.11.2016 at 10:01 PM, Policenaut said:

Some crash testing ahead:
Windows 7 Laptop - cannot reproduce crashing when loading GC saves
Windows XP PC - can reproduce crashing when loading GC saves
XP PC has better graphics card and processor. XP uses Intel processor and W7 laptop uses AMD processor. Both are 32bit systems.

Test on Windows XP PC - each test was repeated multiple times.

• #1. No ambient sound mod enabled - no apparent problems
  • #2. Ambient sounds without fix - freeze/crash during load of GC save from main menu and when switching to Geoscape, random crashing afterwards on Geoscape more details later below
  • #3. Ambient sounds with fix (group 1 instead of 2 + modmerge improvements) - worked fine when loading from main menu, had one crash when changing to Geoscape, random crashing afterwards on Geoscape more details later below
  • #4. Ambient sounds with alternate fix 1 (#3 + looping ambient sounds use group 2 with no repeattimer) - worked fine when loading from main menu, ambient sounds no longer looped and hard CTD which created a .dmp file when changing to Geoscape - .dmp file here: XenonautsCrashDump(Ambient sounds with alternate fix 1).dmp
  • #5. Ambient sounds with alternate fix 2 (#3 + looping ambient sounds use repeattime="0" instead of repeattime="0-0") - worked fine when loading from main menu and doesn't seem to crash most of the time when loading Geoscape, random crashing afterwards on Geoscape more details later below
  • #6. Ambient sounds with alternate fix 3 (#3 + looping ambient sounds use repeattime="0.01-0.02" instead of repeattime="0-0" or repeattime="0") - worked fine when loading from main menu and doesn't seem to crash most of the time when loading Geoscape, random crashing afterwards on Geoscape but much less than with repeattime="0-0" or repeattime="0" more details later below
  • #7. Ambient sounds with alternate fix 4 (#3 + no looping ambient sounds) - worked fine when loading from main menu and doesn't seem to crash most of the time when loading Geoscape, random crashing afterwards on Geoscape but much less than with looping ambient sounds more details later below

During all tests except #1 after completing a GC mission via loading a GC save from the main menu and returning to the Geoscape, and then trying to load another GC save would cause the game to crash every time during load. Test #6 and test #7 was able to load saves sometimes but never more than once before crashing and the loaded save would be more crash prone.
During all tests except #1 after completing a GC mission from a GC save from the main menu and then returning to the Geoscape, the game would randomly crash after fast forwarding time for a bit on the Geoscape. Test #6 and test #7 had much less crashing but it could still happen.
During all tests except #1 the switch to Geoscape could sometimes crash, test #3-7 experienced it much less than test #2. Test #4 always crashed.
Loading a Geoscape save from the main menu and then never loading another save seems to never trigger any of these crashes.
There was no apparent difference between quicksaves, autosaves and manual saves during my testing.
The logfile.txt never reported anything of note.

Summary:

It seems that the prime cause of the crashing was the looping ambient sounds using repeattime="0-0" and group="2". Changing looping ambient sounds to use repeattime="0" seems to improve it somewhat but the problem still remains. Changing looping ambient sounds to be above 0, i.e repeattime="0.01-0.02", seems to improve it even more but there's still a chance of crashing. Removing the looping ambient sounds completely was similar to changing them to use a repeattime above 0. Not using any ambient sounds at all seems to work flawless. I could load saves any number of times without any issues.

There seems to be some inherent problem with repeattime that the ambient sounds use. I'm not a programmer but my guess is that the timer data is not properly saved in the GC save file which causes the crashing. I have no idea why the Windows 7 laptop, which is less powerful than my Windows XP PC, never experienced any crashing. Is it an Intel/AMD issue or is it related to the operating system?

However, I will later upload a version of the tropical/swamp tileset to steam workshop/nexusmods without ambient sounds and update the Ultimate Ambient Sounds to include those ambient sounds. I will also change it to use the data in test #6. It should hopefully reduce the crashing when loading GC saves for people who experience it but it won't fully eliminate it. There's nothing I can do to fix the bugs related to the ambient sound system repeattime and the sound system in general.

Thanks to everyone who helped investigate this issue and hopefully this gets fully fixed in a future X:CE update.

On 21.11.2016 at 10:32 PM, Charon said:

Loading a Geoscape save from the main menu and then never loading another save seems to never trigger any of these crashes.

This is what i do 99.99% of the time.

I have no idea why the Windows 7 laptop, which is less powerful than my Windows XP PC, never experienced any crashing. Is it an Intel/AMD issue or is it related to the operating system?

I got windows 7 too, so maybe there are less crashes for that ?

The logfile.txt never reported anything of note.

Jup, we are far beyond anything the logfile will report. The deeper you dig, the less error reports you get and the more bugs happen. Its like we are being blidnfolded the further we go.
Looks like we are on our own here ... on virgin lands.

There's nothing I can do to fix the bugs related to the ambient sound system repeattime and the sound system in general.

Jup, its a wonder its even working. And i planned for 400 more sounds to add to the system, hurray :).

Thanks to everyone who helped investigate this issue and hopefully this gets fully fixed in a future X:CE update.

Well done digging so deep, at least we are capable of reducing the crashes a bit.

On 21.11.2016 at 10:00 PM, YaK said:

I NEVER used quicksaves nor usually reload from autosave, but in my case the game didn't "freeze", it just get stuck on the loading screen with just a tiny bit of che loading bar from completion and GC music playing.

I rarely experienced this as well. It seems all connected to loading autosaves from inside of the game instead of the main menu, and it can happen from the main menu as well.

So, all in all i think we can agree that:

starting up the game > Going to straight New Game/Load Save Game > never reload anything

is the safest way to play. Anything else beyond that randomely produces crashes at random places, mostly connected to sounds. At least thats what it looks like.

I mean the loading mechanism ingame seems to be something you should be able to use, but at this state you shouldnt really use it all, i guess. So its basically a broken system, which barely works correctly and only under the right circumstances.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?  What are "Drages" and why do I need them to build "ITEMA" through "ITEME". Why are the descriptions like 80% unfinished early game? (I have never managed to have a game for more than a few ingame hours because I keep crashing on ground combat)

It's very nice that the install manual says "THE MOD LOADER HAS TO BE EXACTLY IN THIS ORDER" but the image shown does not tell me what's above slot 9, good job guys. 

Here's images of what I mean:

MOD LOADER

https://gyazo.com/fb2539babffafbeaa3b73dfbcd9a4426

https://gyazo.com/fc98388d21330417fec6ae2f8b62e873 

WEIRD ITEMS / BAD OR UNFINISHED DESCRIPTIONS

1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45.png Uhhh....
https://gyazo.com/1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45

3da569fb025b014a03233239e87d9141.png Why does this exist
https://gyazo.com/3da569fb025b014a03233239e87d9141

ad8126d0e940a056dd3d85dbdcca34ea.png What are these?
https://gyazo.com/ad8126d0e940a056dd3d85dbdcca34ea

b2d0253b0dfb87a68f130d8076c54e4f.pngWhy do vanilla items not have descriptions
https://gyazo.com/b2d0253b0dfb87a68f130d8076c54e4f

2c65384927f447881fb96ded4ad65ba4.png Good to know, I guess??
https://gyazo.com/2c65384927f447881fb96ded4ad65ba4

Then the game crashed.

I get that this is still not finished, but guys, get your arses in gear. The xenopedia is one of the most important aspects of the game (Am I alone on thinking that?) - you have tons of content (over 4gb in fact), but with how unfinished the xenopedia entries are, it's as wide as an ocean but as shallow as a puddle.

Edited by Eskir

22 hours ago, Kirill Selivanov said:

ok, i'll try and answer about what and how.

Thank you

sorry but will answer in RU
ставишь начисто - посмтри там были инструкции по сносу папок включая скрипты
далее скачиваешь xce и и xce мод паки (в загрузках тут же на сайте)
открываешь лаунчер - делаешь "добавить мод" и выбираешь rar с xce.
распаковываешь моды с мод пака стандартно в assets\mods
распаковываешь xdivision туда же
качаешь последние обновы на первой странице, и распаковываешь в корень игры.
запускаешь лаунчер теперь из папки assets\mods\xce 
выбираешь только моды как на первой странице (активируешь)
готово

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

It's very nice that the install manual says "THE MOD LOADER HAS TO BE EXACTLY IN THIS ORDER" but the image shown does not tell me what's above slot 9, good job guys. 

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

7. The modloader should look like this MINUS the things you dont have or dont want, except for the things you ABSOLUTELY need ( Requirement Section ). The mods you dont see are ALL DEACTIVATED, so you see only the mods you need, in the correct order. Check if the mods are activated or not.

Read, the black things are the letters.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

WEIRD ITEMS / BAD OR UNFINISHED DESCRIPTIONS

1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45.png Uhhh....
https://gyazo.com/1c17815d6b4ce559e8972d2c913bcd45

Xpedia entries have all the pictures and none of the words. However i provided all teh necesssary and vital information for every xpedia entry. If you feel theres missing something please report it.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

8. Apply the latest available patch. Every patch contains all prior changes as well.

1 hour ago, Eskir said:

I get that this is still not finished, but guys, get your arses in gear. The xenopedia is one of the most important aspects of the game (Am I alone on thinking that?) - you have tons of content (over 4gb in fact), but with how unfinished the xenopedia entries are, it's as wide as an ocean but as shallow as a puddle.

If you happen to come from the steam workshop.

This mod is %98 stable. If you got any weird problems like aliens without guns, strange visual errors, game crashes, they should be about wrong install or mod loader issues. Be sure that you got X:CE, X-Division and X-Division Patch is installed and then come to our topic with your save game and we will help you. 

Ill add this to the OP.

If this is not going fast enough for you, you can apply to help us, if you want. But reading the letters we send you is the minimum requirement, so please keep this in mind.

About your modloader order:

post 1.png

This doesnt look like the modloader in the OP. Read, the ... i mean look at the picture closely.

post 2.png

This doesnt look correctly either. The picture provided in the OP looks different.

Angry Joes Review

8cff17202829e0acdf6b636e61284ce9.jpg

Final verdict

Image3.jpg

Angry-joe.png

PS: Did you notice the pun i made with the word "letters" ?

Edited by Charon

1 hour ago, zlodeische said:

sorry but will answer in RU
ставишь начисто - посмтри там были инструкции по сносу папок включая скрипты
далее скачиваешь xce и и xce мод паки (в загрузках тут же на сайте)
открываешь лаунчер - делаешь "добавить мод" и выбираешь rar с xce.
распаковываешь моды с мод пака стандартно в assets\mods
распаковываешь xdivision туда же
качаешь последние обновы на первой странице, и распаковываешь в корень игры.
запускаешь лаунчер теперь из папки assets\mods\xce 
выбираешь только моды как на первой странице (активируешь)
готово

its ok, as long as you state what you are doing. Nevertheless, i would recommend to pm him  if you want to have a private discussuion.

9 minutes ago, zlodeische said:

i load erlier save and have crash in same time. any ideas what is it? (probably ufos should spawn in this time)

Not using any ambient sounds at all seems to work flawless. I could load saves any number of times without any issues.

Try this.. disable all ambient sound mods and get a clean save then load it and continue.

8 minutes ago, drages said:

Not using any ambient sounds at all seems to work flawless. I could load saves any number of times without any issues.

Try this.. disable all ambient sound mods and get a clean save then load it and continue.

nope. crach in 5 seconds after. (crash on world map)

UPD
find a reason - just cancel production at bases... and all going ok.

Edited by zlodeische

Story Time

X-Division Developer Diary 49

Our organisation has just entered the next phase of the alien assault. The alien activity became more frequent, their ships faster, harder hitting and better armoured. Their ground forces are streamrolling the ground, and we can hardly withstand them anymore.

We already lost a whole platoon of soldiers in a recent event, where the sebillian aliens obliterated our forces as soon as they touched the ground. Only a miracle and the quick reflexes of the pilot ended in that at least our armoured forces could withdraw. But every other soldier got blasted to smitherens by the alien grenades, and pinned down to their demise.

The other times we were forced to draw because of their new technological advanced robotic enemies which mercilessly marched forward and broke the defenses before we could even set them up.
No casualities this time, but our tanks had to be left behind.

Our worst fears came true when the radars were showing an increased activity in south america around the westcoast ...

A terror class UFO appeared.

Central Intellligence immidiatelly feared a bsae assault on our youngest base stationed at the border of argentina. The green light was given to maximally secure the defenses.

But reinforcement would take around 24 hours to arrive, and the locally forces that were stationed there were ill prepared for a full out base attack. The weapons were scarce in number and our armoured forces were proven to be ill equippted and armoured against an a serious extratterestrial thread.

Our air forces made some last attempts to find a chink in the UFOs armor but failed.

Our soldiers were prepared for the worst.

Then came the temporary clearence. It looked like the Carrier Class UFO was circling a city south of the base. Intelligence suggested it could either be Buenos Aires or Montevideo in Uruguay. The data suggested the former.

This was better, but still bad enough. The latest bombing runs on this continent decimated the potential support and a terror attack would mean we would hang on in this country by a grain of hair. The economy and logistic routes were in pretty bad shape and could hardly withstand a fatal blow like this.

The Terror Carrier set down in Monevideo, against our calculations. Intelligence suggested that an immidiate deployment would look to an disadvantageous fight in the night, and decided to wait as long as possible to ensure a fight during the daytime.

[ Data X-Division Developer Diary 48]

The closer the dropship came to the zone of terror, it became plain clear that their were miscalcualtions about the timing of the drop, and a potential night mission was a painfull possibility. Central Intelligence considered a withdrawal if a full night mission was inevtiable. And so the day passed while the night did the same on the other end of the globe ... only time could tell ... what their fate holds ... .

5 minutes away from the landing zone.

The pilot makes the last report.
" This is charlie 1. We are touching down soon. We got some light here but not enough to for the whole city. Good old dusk, sir."
2 minutes later.
"Grid Kilo 2 looks hot. I recommend to abort the mission. Your call, Commander"

"Lets see what we got."
"Aye, aye."

Upon touching down, the morning dust and twilight greets the soldier, and the some old enemies they have yet to beat on the ground.

Andron soldiers were seizing the city, supported by the most fearsome drones the xenonauts have seen until this date, and definitely the biggest ones.

The commander thinks for second and then says:

"Soldiers, today we face enemies that we have never routed in the field. We almost succeeded once, and retreated a few times to concentrate our forces to fight another time, ...

... AND TODAY IS THAT DAY !

TODAY WE ARE MAKING THE LAST STAND; AND KICK THEIR ROBOTIC ASSES BACK INTO THEIR UFOS THEY CAME CRAWLING OUT FROM.

Dont overextend your reach, and stay safe, as their forces will crush you in an open battle. Fight valiantly like a rat in the city and victory will be ours.

Dont fear them, because they dont fear you either, but they will still die equally well like any other alien.

Stay concentrated and this should be no problem. Good luck, we´ll be in touch !"

This is the video material of what happened next.

Edited by Charon

How does a Reaper's zombify ability work? 

It's really hard to defend against. They just walk up to your soldier and turn them into a zombie without limitations. It'd be better if they had to kill them first then they resurrect later like in XCOM, or there was a way to turn them back from being zombies...

Any way I can view the code? Doesn't look like it's in an xml

4 minutes ago, Stufferino said:

How does a Reaper's zombify ability work? 

It's really hard to defend against. They just walk up to your soldier and turn them into a zombie without limitations. It'd be better if they had to kill them first then they resurrect later like in XCOM, or there was a way to turn them back from being zombies...

Any way I can view the code? Doesn't look like it's in an xml

It's hardcoded and Solver could not add it without broken the default zombify (if you ask me, default is already lame like you described).. So as solver wants to be honest to default game, we don't have a "damaged zombify" which needs to kill the target before zombify.

If there are zombify reapers at the map, you should be very careful and let your vehicle check the zone before you send soldiers.