[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

14 hours ago, drages said:

But one man... and even the armour saved him, he should be so brave to not go berserk or panic. I would like to see a video of it for sure.

I think no reasons to panic there - no psionics or seen multiple comrade deaths. Even with it, due to enemy passive behavior had time to calm down in the shelter.
I have no video, but few screens and aftermath IM save. Now need find cash to build defence/soldier squads with decent weapons/bays with multiple tanks on every base. Luck have tendency to end:)

13 minutes ago, Pandi said:

I think no reasons to panic there - no psionics or seen multiple comrade deaths. Even with it, due to enemy passive behavior had time to calm down in the shelter.
I have no video, but few screens and aftermath IM save. Now need find cash to build defence/soldier squads with decent weapons/bays with multiple tanks on every base. Luck have tendency to end:)

Do you have any save? from mid fight?

14 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

Completed more missions and I get cores now, only thing I can think that did this is I re-enabled Xenonauts fixes and Lore+ as per Sfarrellys pic.

Hm, just a heads up.

Activating or deactivating a mod is what i consider an install. Which means that you would basically have to at least follow step 5 from the installation instructions again.

That is because every mod order and activation configuration is basically 1 game in itself. Its not a simple on/off button and the modlauncher is not that stable either.

4727825-balanced-wood-block-tower.jpg

You may be able to freely insert things or pull things out, but it can also crash on you for that.

So if you make an "installation" there is not telling what will happen. Most of them dont need a restart, some do, but accurately determing a problems is next to impossible this way.

Thank you for supporting us all the way @Sectiplave.

@Charon Yeah that bug was my fault for turning on Lore+ for sure, as it also repeated Lore entries I'd already seen before. No other issues so far, just starting into Phase 2 now :)

I have found a farm tileset with a house that is missing some walls, I'll upload a save when I find it again.

Thanks to you guys for all the hard work making one of the best invasion strategy games I've played. I'll happily play it many times :)

Edited by Sectiplave

12 minutes ago, Suave said:

Hey there,

Not too sure if that was reported somewhere before, but the alien phaser is missing audio for burst fire and often the alien seems to be moving while firing...

Hey! missing sound? hmm.. strange. They seems to be moving while firing, because the AI moves the unit just after the shooting sometimes and it's stop the current animation.

18 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

@Charon Yeah that bug was my fault for turning on Lore+ for sure, as it also repeated Lore entries I'd already seen before. No other issues so far, just starting into Phase 2 now :)

I have found a farm tileset with a house that is missing some walls, I'll upload a save when I find it again.

Thanks to you guys for all the hard work making one of the best invasion strategy games I've played. I'll happily play it many times :)

You survived to phase 2? Good! very good!.. waiting your phase 2 reports.

I have not got to phase 2 yet.  But I have produced a grenade that list it self as Phase IV.  Cannot remember it's name but it is produced after researching the alien frag grenade.

I can confirm that there are several tile sets which are missing walls and a few that have "False" ceilings or missing ceilings.  I'll try to get pictures of them when I come across them again.

I cannot seem to research any vehicle higher than defender so far in this play through.

4 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

I can confirm that there are several tile sets which are missing walls and a few that have "False" ceilings or missing ceilings.  I'll try to get pictures of them when I come across them again.

since we didnt change anything map related, this means that propably 34.2 2 mods, "X:CE Extra Map Pack" and "Xenonauts Fix Pack" may have something to do with this.

@Solver I found no official guideline for where to put the "Xenonauts Fix Pack". Any recommendations ? Here is my modloader.

Modlauncher .31.png

Hi,

I'm middle of September (Phase I) and had over 10 ground missions so far and want to share my first impressions.

Ground Combat

• I like the behaviour of the aliens more now. I have the impression that the AI acts a little bit more nasty e.g the alien throwing grenades and takes cover or hide behind walls afterwards, no more pointless rushing to the player. I had quite often such situations were I thought .... "Not again, this little fuc**r...." ;-)
  • The "open doors policy" makes the missions more exciting now as it can be dangerous to rush to fast to the UFO, there can be always someone who opens the door and shoots you...   
  • Personally I think the magazine size of the shotgun is little bit to small, 8 or 10 rounds would fit much better. I ran quite often out of ammo in the middle of a fight.

Possible Bugs(I not sure if there were already reported)

• If I pick up grenades I don't see the picture of it in the UI, I see only black background with a one and can use it (see pic 1)
  • I is possible to use an alien weapon with a shield/medipack in the second hand( see pic 1)
  • I definitely killed some reaper, but I have no autopsy report or a research for the reaper. (pic 2)
  • not really a bug, but maybe you should adjust the text in the description for laboratory and workshop were is stated ".... will house up to 15 scientist/engineers" and for living rooms ".... up to 35 personnel" to the correct figures.

20161027195114_1.jpg

20161027220148_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Subcode said:

Hi,

I'm middle of September (Phase I) and had over 10 ground missions so far and want to share my first impressions.

Ground Combat

• I like the behaviour of the aliens more now. I have the impression that the AI acts a little bit more nasty e.g the alien throwing grenades and takes cover or hide behind walls afterwards, no more pointless rushing to the player. I had quite often such situations were I thought .... "Not again, this little fuc**r...." ;-)
  • The "open doors policy" makes the missions more exciting now as it can be dangerous to rush to fast to the UFO, there can be always someone who opens the door and shoots you...   
  • Personally I think the magazine size of the shotgun is little bit to small, 8 or 10 rounds would fit much better. I ran quite often out of ammo in the middle of a fight.

Possible Bugs(I not sure if there were already reported)

• If I pick up grenades I don't see the picture of it in the UI, I see only black background with a one and can use it (see pic 1)
  • I is possible to use an alien weapon with a shield/medipack in the second hand( see pic 1)
  • I definitely killed some reaper, but I have no autopsy report or a research for the reaper. (pic 2)
  • not really a bug, but maybe you should adjust the text in the description for laboratory and workshop were is stated ".... will house up to 15 scientist/engineers" and for living rooms ".... up to 35 personnel" to the correct figures.

Thank you!

• AI rulez :).. 
  • AI still rulez :)..
  • They are shotguns and they got mostly 6 bullet.. they are not automatic, they dont have magazine rather then bullet packs.. so if we give more ammo, you just spam it.. its already powerful and fast.
  • Invisible grenade at fast throw UI right.. ok got it..
  • Yes because they are all one handed because they use shields as secondary weapon.. not much i can do there.. maybe i can make that weapons 2 handed but then we can lose the alien shield mechanic.. so i don't want to break something working for now.
  • @Charon could check that missing reaper..
  • Good point.. we need to update them too. @sfarrelly...
Enjoy!

15 minutes ago, Subcode said:

Personally I think the magazine size of the shotgun is little bit to small, 8 or 10 rounds would fit much better. I ran quite often out of ammo in the middle of a fight.

Just as i designed it. You will also notice the odd numbers that will never allow you to fully use a magazine if you always want to shoot with maximum power. Put more magazines in your bag or life with it, evil, eh ? A lot of thought went into the design for the shotguns/carbines.

Better Shotguns will have more capacity ( 6 - 8 - 10 - 12, i think ). The standart one really makes you feel the "short"coming as it is intended to.

18 minutes ago, Subcode said:

I definitely killed some reaper, but I have no autopsy report or a research for the reaper. (pic 2)

Should be unlocked/displayed.

23 minutes ago, Subcode said:

not really a bug, but maybe you should adjust the text in the description for laboratory and workshop were is stated ".... will house up to 15 scientist/engineers" and for living rooms ".... up to 35 personnel" to the correct figures.

?

@Charon Just looking at mod loading order, did you manually install swamp tileset? I don't have that listed on mine, I've adjusted my loading order to match as this sounds like the agreed order. Was the same just with the fix pack a few mods higher.

Run a few missions, corpses are appearing correctly now.

With melee alien AI, the priority on attacking vehicles might need adjustment, they will run 5-6 tiles past my soldiers, just to get at the vehicle :)

Edited by Sectiplave

21 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

@Charon Just looking at mod loading order, did you manually install swamp tileset? I don't have that listed on mine, I've adjusted my loading order to match as this sounds like the agreed order. Was the same just with the fix pack a few mods higher.

Run a few missions, corpses are appearing correctly now.

With melee alien AI, the priority on attacking vehicles might need adjustment, they will run 5-6 tiles past my soldiers, just to get at the vehicle :)

I need to check the AI files to see if there is a command to edit priorities. It's a good point. AI thinks vehicles at first priority because its the biggest thread.  I will see what I can do.

Does ranged enemies react so too?

18 minutes ago, drages said:

I need to check the AI files to see if there is a command to edit priorities. It's a good point. AI thinks vehicles at first priority because its the biggest thread.  I will see what I can do.

Does ranged enemies react so too?

Ranged enemies will pick the target they have the best chance of hitting it seems, so if a soldier is closer than the vehicle they will shoot the soldier correctly.

Found the broken farmhouse tile attached save.

bug test.sav

Edited by Sectiplave

Hello

What are the rules governing what sort of aliens you are going to meet at the terror site? Just curious, cause sometimes it is a walk in the park with some Ceaseans or early Sebillians, but I just had a FIRST terror mission (second month of game) so my guys are still using basic weapons + Jackal armour and I bumped into some crazy fight - Sebillians in black armour (needed 4-5 bursts from defender/heavy machinguns to kill one). Also the whole terror mission lasted 3 turns for me - aliens where shooting some plasma(?) weapons, which would hit my guys for about 100 dmg/shot and throwing grenades which casued about 200 dmg on impact. Needless to say, after 3 turns and loosing 4 soldiers, I retreated to the chinnok and fled....

As much as I enjoy the challange, these guys were Phase 3 or 4, whereas I just really started.... Is the terror crew random?

25 minutes ago, Suave said:

Hello

What are the rules governing what sort of aliens you are going to meet at the terror site? Just curious, cause sometimes it is a walk in the park with some Ceaseans or early Sebillians, but I just had a FIRST terror mission (second month of game) so my guys are still using basic weapons + Jackal armour and I bumped into some crazy fight - Sebillians in black armour (needed 4-5 bursts from defender/heavy machinguns to kill one). Also the whole terror mission lasted 3 turns for me - aliens where shooting some plasma(?) weapons, which would hit my guys for about 100 dmg/shot and throwing grenades which casued about 200 dmg on impact. Needless to say, after 3 turns and loosing 4 soldiers, I retreated to the chinnok and fled....

As much as I enjoy the challange, these guys were Phase 3 or 4, whereas I just really started.... Is the terror crew random?

Hmm.. you should not get that type of terror mission at 2. month. It's a Phase 2 terror crew you described. They will kill you yes, but not yet. Do you have any save game just before the mission?

@drages basic outdor wall tiles seems to be missing.

Xenonauts 2016-10-28 11-53-44-76.jpg

Seems buzzard soldier when flying just "stand on ground" and carry gun in hands, not handling piloting sticks.

New wolf armor on picture soo badass, but uses old style sprites.

@Suave meet 3 terrors site and one base def, all crews was phase1.

@Charon spear air cannon are pretty bad, think it should be buffed overall damage/reload rate(+ammo).

Just now, Pandi said:

@drages basic outdor wall tiles seems to be missing.

Seems buzzard soldier when flying just "stand on ground" and carry gun in hands, not handling piloting sticks.

New wolf armor on picture soo badass, but uses old style sprites.

@Suave meet 3 terrors site and one base def, all crews was phase1.

@Charon spear air cannon are pretty bad, think it should be buffed overall damage/reload rate(+ammo).

Map problems will taken care of.

We can't create different sprites for every armour due to very huge time needed for every version with every different weapon, so we use recolor..

1 hour ago, drages said:

Hmm.. you should not get that type of terror mission at 2. month. It's a Phase 2 terror crew you described. They will kill you yes, but not yet. Do you have any save game just before the mission?

Hi Drages,

Nope, did not think of that at the time and I am always playing Ironman mode...do not like save/load spamming.

Lol, phase 2? I cannot imagine the horrors in phase 3 or 4 then...

By the way - I am just restarting my campaign again - I was trying to run 5 bases to cover the whole world (with 5 chinnoks and 5 teams for missions), but the maintanance of course killed me - on the 3rd month after council evaluation, I ended up on -3.5M....do not think I can make it back. I suppose I will stick to 2-3 bases and build it up from there.

Just now, Suave said:

Hi Drages,

Nope, did not think of that at the time and I am always playing Ironman mode...do not like save/load spamming.

Lol, phase 2? I cannot imagine the horrors in phase 3 or 4 then...

By the way - I am just restarting my campaign again - I was trying to run 5 bases to cover the whole world (with 5 chinnoks and 5 teams for missions), but the maintanance of course killed me - on the 3rd month after council evaluation, I ended up on -3.5M....do not think I can make it back. I suppose I will stick to 2-3 bases and build it up from there.

As i always said, we did not make phase-3 and 4 passable.. but people still finish the mod.. 

I don't want you play ironman as a tester too because if i can't have save games, we can't see the problems and fixing became much harder.. 

5 team at early game.. omg..