Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11)

2 hours ago, Dermophile74 said:

1 -- Theme Campaign -- 

I am really not sure if Something like that is even incorporated but theme Campaign came to my mind when my second Campaign had almost Psion Caesans on every missions (the purple ones). On my current Campaign as I said I reached the first Week of October, and still never met a single Psionic user, Strange. 

Again, I am not sure if it's related but on all campaigns except the current one I had unlocked the Asierus aircraft almost the same time the Foxtrot (very early yes). On my current Campaign, still no Asierus the first Week of October...[/quote}

That is called randomness. Alien crews are quite random and so some things happen faster than others depending on RNG. Playing - difficulty I just got my first Wolf armour manufactured and it's 1.st November...

Basically you are not Guaranteed to get virtually anything on fixed time. It depends on RNG and your actions.

2 -- Game mechanics --

End of september I already researched the laser weapons, and I had enough alien alloys to build 2 sniper rifles, 2 pistols, a minigun and a rifle. I had as well a Defender tank with Pulse canon fitted. Hopefully I would say, because the first Terror ship appeared 1 or 2 days later, the 2nd of October… I really didn't expect that so early ! of course without Asierus, only some F-17s and 2 Foxtrot, no way to take him down. He finally land in Vancouver. I launch a Chinook from North Africa base, where my best men and laser weapons are. The chopper finally land in Vancouver...

Do you know that around 09:00 in the Morning in Vancouver … it's actually the night ?? Very very nice… my first terror mission, and at night… anyway the first part of the mission is really good, stress and everything as the dogs attack, and Andons with drones behind. I saved only 4 civilians but got only a single man injured. God bless my laser snipers and minigun… Now the second part of the mission, where the hunter becomes the pray… took my like one hour real time to cautionly advance during "night" and find the remaining alien forces. And what forces, this Hub thingy they called it, with his own bloody minigun almost killed another soldier.

How the hell my men are unable to throw a grenade above a car I will never understand, but now that I watched the video on the previous post I should make some tests. Yes I want to throw that grenade right on the guy that is stalking behind the car but no, the car block 90% of the line of sight… of course !!!

Watching those robot dogs running throught my men without a single one reacting just pissed me off. Description I got later from research dept says those dogs are running as fast as a trained man… It's even more pissing me off when they just kill a civilian next to you, then cross the street, kill another one, then run away… without a single move from my 3 mens (around 80 reflex)… 

As a side note, I play on Ironman yes, but I changed the vision cone of my units to be more realistic, from 90 to 120 degrees. I changed as well the one from the vehicles. I couldn't find the Defender tank in the armor file… that's a little annoying, so if someone knows where to change it, I would appreciate.

First alien terror mission might happen when Ticker is high enough, and that is around early October or even late September depending on how much UFO's cause havoc. Generallu I try to play Luftwaffe tactics (so much airplanes that I can shoot down almost everything) but first terror UFO is nearly impossible one.

As for every crash site and terror sites too, X-Division has same mechanics original UFO had: targetting site with at least dropship mean site does not disappear. Quite easy way to avoid night missions on hardest battles. So theoretically that first terror site could be active forever, you just need couple of dropships.

If you want air coverage back after XXX turns, check xenonauts\assets\mods\Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds\config.xml

For reflex shots, remember weapon's Reaction modifier too. Heavy weapons suck on reaction shots (0.1 modifier). Also shield wearers have fixed modifier IIRC.

Defender: xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\vehicles.xml and VEHICLE.LIGHTTANK

2 hours ago, Dermophile74 said:

3 -- Game speed --

I never use more than x2 speed, and it is sometimes even too fast, I would really love Something between x1 and x2. For a precise intercept I launch my aircrafts in manual mode on an intercept vector, as the base game use a dog curve wich is all but efficient. If there is a setting I could change I would appreciate as well. thanks

Geoscape speed: xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\gameconfig.xml

<!-- GEOSCAPE TIME SETTING CONTROLS -->

Edited by Ruthless Reuban