[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Forgot some things !

New download provided.

DAY 16 unofficial Patch 0.99.2   https://mega.nz/#!EUgyjRSa!_Z2_dsyH8tHHyeq6wLc5niI2T_h03b864ex4aU6xfuA ( MD5: 2eca775e8f7042949d8c3d1bc6ba4788 )

• a lot of bugfixes, most nateable better shields can now be properly researched
  • terror battleship datacore can now be aquired
  • khalls tundra garage fix ;)
  • Wraiths should now be able to teleport
  • The research descriptions are in work. Heres a word from sfarrelly: 

"With this update we've also included research descriptions for 95% of phase 1 & 2 (the other 5% are still under development and those techs have been marked as XXDescriptionXX).

If you find any stage 1 or 2 tech without a description, please let us know and we will fix it, there are over 1000 techs in this mod, so it's quite possible some were missed.

Also, if you spot any typos or grammatical errors, let us know and we will fix them."

Adding to some things i said earlier, i found out that savegames are incredible modloader sensitive. If you change the modloader order or deactivate a mod in your playthrough the savegame goes crazy.

I provided a fix so that you can at least click again on something in the geoscape but the questions remains if that doesnt break more than intended.

I´ve already refrained from changeing the mod name in gameinfo.xml because it irritates the modloader, but does changeing the version maybe breaks somerhing too ? Hm ... just some ideas.

11 minutes ago, Yavein said:

Hello.

It seems that I am unable to disassemble any UFO. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

if it helps, my mod loader screen looks like this, but i deleted all of the french translation mods (which you shouldn't do going by what charon has discovered) and everything works

mod loader.png

6 minutes ago, blackwolf said:

just by curiosity, which articles got the description update, im dying to read (and spoil myself xD) those new lore candies :p 

7 hours ago, Charon said:

"With this update we've also included research descriptions for 95% of phase 1 & 2 (the other 5% are still under development and those techs have been marked as XXDescriptionXX).

2 hours ago, Lament said:

With the latest unofficial patch Charon, i'm having a hard game crash. Won't start up O_o  ??

I´ve started the official version a few times with and without Charons Changes and it felt smoother than ... a lot of other things.

Any other instances like that ?

Forgot the latest strings, they should be in this version.

New Download.

DAY 16 unofficial Patch 0.99.2    https://mega.nz/#!IJAiCDAK!FcYkZB4r9m9Fw32pulYlBgELbB-zpTTmZxV7VtShAVI ( MD5: 43b9951df58c9ef83279eac99693ee5d )

• a lot of bugfixes, most nateable better shields can now be properly researched
  • terror battleship datacore can now be aquired
  • khalls tundra garage fix ;)
  • Wraiths should now be able to teleport
  • The research descriptions are in work. Heres a word from sfarrelly: 

If you find any stage 1 or 2 tech without a description, please let us know and we will fix it, there are over 1000 techs in this mod, so it's quite possible some were missed.

Also, if you spot any typos or grammatical errors, let us know and we will fix them."

1 hour ago, Charon said:

1. Did you successfully raid a UFO and got a datacore ?

2. Did you get the UFO Xpedia entry ?

3. The UFO DSB are in the researches part 2, is there everything as it should be ?

1. Yeah, several times. I did it first time before explanatory entries in xpedia appeared.

dd995c86dc.png

2. Yeah.

3. What does mean "as it should be?" I have several techs to disassemble alien weapons, analyze new aliens, new aircraft (tech for foxtrot is doubled I have both vanillia and X-div one), but I couldn't find anything related to UFO DSB.

Edited by Yavein

Just now, Charon said:
7 minutes ago, sfarrelly said:

i've been looking over yavein's posts and he appears to have a mod conflict of some sort.

Foxtrot Interceptor should NOT appear in his build list, but it does.

You know far more about this sort of stuff, so i'll leave it to you :p 

It only shouldnt in this version, i assume he has an older version where he unlokced that vanilla foxtrot and now he has updated to the latest version, but it doesnt mean anything.

The only source of problem i can see is that he he has non intalled mods below XCE, but i automatically assumed he knows what he is doing, that is if the modloader asks if he can sort the mods you have to click "No". Its not optimal to

1. have non installed versions of anything. The modloader is a frail construct, bugging out most of the time. Use it in the right way.
  2. have mods below XCE. XCE IS NOT A MOD, ITS THE GAME ITSELF. Although it appears in the mod list as another mod. This can lead to trouble all along the way.

Read the text.

If you have any subsribed mods on steam either

1. Install and deactivate them or
  2. Unsubscribe and delete the zip in your mods/... folder as well as the mod folders.
  • Like 1

I already reinstalled whole Xeonauts, chose community version, and then unpacked X-div again.  Nothing changed at all :<. 

I'll try to start the game from scratch and see if it will work.

And guess what? It is working fine now.

2 minutes ago, Yavein said:

I already reinstalled whole Xeonauts, chose community version, and then unpacked X-div again.  Nothing changed at all :<. 

I'll try to start the game from scratch and see if it will work.

And guess what? It is working fine now.

Good to hear :).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charon said:

that is if the modloader asks if he can sort the mods you have to click "No".

So, just to clarify (i am not the sharpest tool in the shed, yup) - when Mod Installer askes "Do you want to fix this automatically?" (regarding mod priority) you should press "No"?

Cause i used to press "Yes".

Edited by Muromets

49 minutes ago, Muromets said:
5 hours ago, Charon said:

that is if the modloader asks if he can sort the mods you have to click "No".

So, just to clarify (i am not the sharpest tool in the shed, yup) - when Mod Installer askes "Do you want to fix this automatically?" (regarding mod priority) you should press "No"?

Cause i used to press "Yes".

If you get this message than something has already gone the wrong way. If you press "yes" than the result is like a roulette, maybe things work out, but mostly they dont and you have to fix things again.

7. The modloader should look like this MINUS the things you dont have or dont want.

• You only have X-Divisision Workshop Support if you subscribed and installed it from the steam workshop
  • The modloader needs to be EXACTLY in this order
  • ALL mods you want to play with need to have a "YES" in the Active column, if you want to play with X-Division Easy Airgame you have to activate it ( I dont )
  • You shouldn`t play X-Division with any other mods than stated. Only cosmetic mods are allowed and only if you know exactly what you are doing. Keep in mind every savegame is unique to its mods its saved with.

well yeah, i knew that, but for some reason all early weapons seems, to still lack the information , almost all of the mk1 weapons i found still have the "description" (this is rather the 95% ..but maybe i just misunderstood the meaning of this...i think notice a few news "vital informations" on some allien weapons, the numbers of core i mean), btw some really funny stuff, i always saw that "asierus" planes have dual cannons, but their description longely explain they only have torpedoes and they should be paired with other planes because this...so its erron in the description or in the weapons? (i guess is the first cuz the torpedoe carrier role is already fullfilled by the foxtrot, so having two planes doing the same is essentially redundant...right?)