[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Thank you Captain Palu. You are correct,  while struggling to stay alive, equipping and training my forces and placating the politicians for money, I will wait for the tier 2 game to come along and crush what little progress I make.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

btw anyone who is as annoyed as me with the starting aliens ballistic rifle firing burst shots being super slow, replace it with this in weapons_gc:

<Weapon MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="weapon.AlienBallisticRifle" bulletType="normal" emptySound="Empty Click 1">
    <props range="16" hands="1" recoil="0" weight="8" isHeavy="0" clipSize="6"  reloadAPCost="20" reloadSound="Weapon MAG Reload" reactionModifier="1.5" isAlien="1" infiniteAlienAmmo="1" />
    <SingleShot sound="Weapon Assault Rifle Single" delay="0.7" suppressionValue="6" suppressionRadius="1">
            <Set1 ap="23" accuracy="50" />
            <Set2 ap="45" accuracy="75" />
    </SingleShot>
    <BurstFire ap="36" accuracy="55" sound="Weapon Assault Rifle Burst" shotCount="3" delay="0.6" burstdelay="0.1" suppressionValue="21" suppressionRadius="1.5" />
    <GUIImage name="gui/weapons/Ballistic/AlienBallisticRifle.png"/>
    <GroundImage name="grounditemimages/mag_rifle.png"/>
    <Ammos>
      <Ammo name="ammo.Ballisticclip" type="kinetic" damage="45" stunDamage="0" mitigation="5" >
        <Projectile spectre="projectiles/magbullet/bullet" speed="3050" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>        
        <Impact spectre="particles/bp_m_ballistic/bulletplume"/>
      </Ammo>
    </Ammos>
  </Weapon>

Edited by Dr. Ethan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,i would like to post some thoughts critics on this mod.

First of all great work on this mod,It did add some great things and also had some very bad things.All in all though great work,really enjoyed it

Some of the ideas in this mod should find their way in xenonauts 2 definitely.Some pros first

1.when you capture a medic you get better medpacks each time which is a great thing to have.In the original xcom each medic gave you information about other aliens even if you didnt capture-stun them before.

2.The new research tree is awesome,you have so many stuff to research and it feels good,you actually have something to do.In the original xcom after a while you finished all research and had to sack all scientists

3.Numerous ufos,Always a good thing to see different craft attacking you,thats a huge plus

4.Mechs in the game where awesome and interesting

5.the addition of aliens eggs and whatnot was a great addition,as was the acid splash when they die,great work there

The cons

1.many research items had blank slates,dont know if its being fixed or my game was botched,also research dosent have to be weapons all the time,its a ufo game,we got plenty of conspiracies,lore,stories etc to add to the research tree,and each research could give a small benefit,eg +1 to morale +1 to dmg against x alien etc,so even if you dont get a new weapon you get something new

2.The idea of using different gear for different aliens is nice but after a while you should reach a point where you should stay at one weapon.Grenades and tnt for everything else.The idea was good but it was badly implemented.Endgame should be something like waepon a for robots,weapon b for flesh aliens,weapon c chemical weapon for aliens which could do a bit more dmg since its a bio weapon.

3.a con that the first game also had was the small variety of aliens.having a caesan eg and then a caesan with a hat is not variety.Game needs more aliens,because late game was either caesans or robots.

4.sometimes you see those robot buckets and you dont see them as enemies,instead you have to shoot them first for the dogs to come out and then attack

5.my biggest  beef with the mod was air combat,no matter what composition i had it was always 0% to autoresolve battle,even with the best weapons and craft.Unless it was specifically intended this way to do all air combat manually.

6.The dissasmbly of each craft-alien-weapon etc,dosent add anything gameplay wise.In the original xcom it was done automatically,shoot down craft,win,get what you need and is still intact because the harder weapons you used against ufos the less chance of getting items if it was a small ufo,if it was big you got some.

I think this post got big so ill stop here.Great mod again and kudos to all 5 6 guys that made it

Edited by DREADNAUGHT

Con comments:

1. There shouldn't be any blank researches, unless you're using a version where they weren't all done. It can also be mentioned that researching aliens typically results in a small damage bonus against that general type of alien because of a better understanding of their weaknesses. A number of research topics are stepping stones towards other topics as well.

4. There are a number of enemies that are not flagged as such, which is by design (whether you like it or not is a different matter). They include the "boxes", face huggers, and infected civilians.

5. I frequently had 100% probability for auto resolve with "normal" (i.e. non nerfed) air combat against smaller targets, but the calculations are somewhat odd as there were cases with a 0% probability that were easy to handle manually (just keep out of their sights and shoot up their tail pipes), as well as a few cases with 100% that were impossible to handle manually because you couldn't actually deal the required amount of damage even with a 100% hit rate. I guess it depends on which weapons you use, though. It should also be mentioned that a lot of the larger UFOs required multiple waves of attacks to bring down, and I assume auto resolve would result in a 100% loss of the aircraft, rather than having them deliver their payload and then retreat as can be done manually.

6. I believe the purpose of the disassembly process is to put a strain on your engineering capability so you have to juggle extracting resources against constructing with those resources using limited engineering resources. Also, it adds to your financial pressure as everything costs money.

11 hours ago, PALU said:

Con comments:

1. There shouldn't be any blank researches, unless you're using a version where they weren't all done. It can also be mentioned that researching aliens typically results in a small damage bonus against that general type of alien because of a better understanding of their weaknesses. A number of research topics are stepping stones towards other topics as well.

I installed 1.00.10 the latest I believe into a fresh directory, and I too have an annoyingly many number of "place holder" research screens. However I am willing to again uninstall X1, delete all of the associated directories and reinstall everything from scratch if you can assure me that all of the research screens should have content, no more place holders.

• Like 1

I can assure you that the research screens SHOULD have entries, but I can not assure you that reinstalling will correct any issues, nor provide any useful help on how to correct them (not because of unwillingness, but because of a lack of knowledge).

The research entries should reside in ...\Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division Palu's Shining Xenopedia\xenopedia.xml, as that's where Charon placed them, and the corresponding mod should be enabled by the mod launcher, automatically set up by the installation, so there should be no need to change anything.

If one part of the installation didn't work out correctly, chances are that others, more important ones, might not be correct either.

I don't understand why I'm referenced regarding images. I've done nothing with images and have no art skills whatsoever. I've written/modified Xenopedia entries which were brought into the mod's package by the last, now retired, mod manager, but I have no access to the mod itself.

I still don't understand what you're talking about.

As far as I know (and intended) my comments refer to text in the Xenopedia entries. The texts displayed when selecting what to research comes from somewhere else (I haven't tried to find out, although I don't expect that to be hard to do), and there are some holes there, but not that many. I also haven't blamed anyone of installing anything incorrectly, only claimed that installation didn't work out correctly if things that should be there aren't. The set of reasons for why an installation would fail does of course include user errors, but I can imagine other causes as well, such as e.g. locked files, incompatible write permission, etc.

The overriding Xenopedia entry for the alien mini shield should say:

"

The Alien Mini Shield is a remarkable item, Commander. It acts as our own shields when it comes to protecting from damage, but it is very much lighter, and possesses the ability to fold and unfold automatically to take up only a single slot in the inventory. Its weakness is that it protects only against 60 points of damage, while our own shields protect against 150.
Given that the Caesans predominantly use single handed weapons, usage of a shield in the other hand makes a lot of sense. Like our own shields, they protect against damage in a 90 degree arc in front of the wielder, which translates into about 50% chance of intercepting incoming damage from each side. Thus, attacking from a position behind a shield wielding enemy increases the chances of actually causing damage (although the enemy will likely turn to face the attacker should the first attack fail to kill him). Also note that shields provide no protection against melee attacks (and this is valid for both our troops and the enemy), as an attacker can easily aim the strikes around the shield.

While we would very much like to be able to use similar techniques to improve our own shields, we would need to be able to shape Alien Alloys first, as well as get access to some kind of armour fabrication technique using these Alloys to start such research.

"

This entry shows up in my game, at least, although I'm using the file posted earlier in this thread. Restoring the one distributed in the mod shows the same text in the game for me, though (I know from experience that bad XML syntax in the file can cut out all the contents beyond the point in error, with no notification from the game of anything being broken).

If the comment instead concerns that the image shown together with the entry isn't to your liking, too bad: I don't think there's anybody available to change it and insert it into the mod.

Hello, first at all this mod look amazing :)

I have a little problem in installation, i Don't understand how work the 3 files… Sould i unzipp only part 1 and click on installer because, i make this earlier and i can play but the mod is not complet ( for example the weapons section of soldier is basic and normally i see in video is "division" or missing description in x-pedia for aserius for example). 

ps: sorry for my bad English i'm french.

Edited by falco69

@falco69

Its not your fault you're French, blame your parents ;)

I don't think there's anyone left on this thread to provide competent support, unfortunately.

- .rar extractors "understand" how to find the other parts when you select to unpack the first one (step 5 in the installation), and I doubt you'd get a .exe file from a failed extraction. I've used 7Zip for that. I assume Ruthless Reuban is correct when using some other extractors.
- You won't get any Division weapons until you have researched them. However, the "Division" tab on the equipment screen is present from the start and contains the starting weapons.
- The installation instructions have to be followed exactly. There's a reason for step 3.5, for instance.

I've just spent 4 or so hours reinstalling from scratch, and don't see any obvious issues. However, the download of at least one of the 3 X-Division 1.00.00 main.partX.rar files was corrupted (I've seen reports in the thread about that happening to other people as well), and rather than spending the time to re-download the one corrupted (after figuring out how to check the checksum), I cheated and used the same files downloaded almost a year ago. For some reason the RSS feed connection thinks the X:CE version installed is an old one, while it still displays 0.35 on the frame of that feed. A switch happened several months ago when I played my campaign, but I never saw any problems with it.

After that I installed the 1.00.01 patch, and then the 1.00.10 patch. Starting a new game I verified that the updated Xenopedia entries were there by looking at the Barracks entry, as the mod allows for 50 people rather than the 35 the base game uses. The Asierus craft isn't available without research, so I couldn't see that entry. However, I also loaded the last geoscape save from my campaign, and the Asierus entry looks OK. If you don't install the 1.00.10 patch you'd get the old entry for it, "Description.", if I'm looking at the right file for the old entry (and the old entry for the mini shield seems to be "Description").

The X Division version number is displayed in the text loading the game, as well as in the X-Division logo version number (the last "00" is overwritten by "01" or "10").

Okay thank you i think i have understand. But just a final question, for my installation i just put the 3 main files in the same folder, i just unzip with winrar the First and follow the installator, after i apply the last patch X.10. The mod work well, but how the second and third files go magically in the xenonauts folder.

Maybe with just the part 1 i was able to play but with no all modification (actually my game run i tried few mission).

Thank for answers, i'm french i to scared to assault the ufo just break away haha^^

winrar knows about the multi file rar format, so when you point it at the first file it will automatically look for and find the other files (I assume the first file contains information of how many parts the data is split into). Thus, when you unpack the first file, the two others are unpacked as well.

Since you're French, and, for some reason, there are French mods in the X:CE package, you haven't tried to enable any of those, have you? This mod does not support the mods not automatically selected on installation, so they will break things in one way or another. The only mods you can enable together with this one apart from the ones selected are the cosmetic ones listed and the ones that are part of this package (like the one disabling the geoscape fighting).

Edit: You can't destroy UFOs with ground assaults, only through bombing the sites. You can destroy some useful equipment inside the UFOs, but apart from the damage explosions can cause to your soldiers, enemies, and dropped (enemy) equipment, and the resultant loss of spoils from the assault, the danger lies in the enemies inside the UFO.

IF you're trying to use the Fire In the Hole (French) mod your campaign is probably not going to go well, because the UFOs in that mod do not have the equipment the research in this mod relies on, and it doesn't have all the new UFOs this mod contains. There was an attempt to implement a new version of that mod in a fashion compatible with this one. After a shouting match that effort went off into its own thread (which I haven't looked at).

Edited by PALU
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's not much chance of getting any help, since there's essentially nobody left.

It's known that save scumming while on a mission can result in the game crashing. Reverting to an earlier save might work, but in the worst case you have to restart the mission.

1 minute ago, PALU said:

There's not much chance of getting any help, since there's essentially nobody left.

It's known that save scumming while on a mission can result in the game crashing. Reverting to an earlier save might work, but in the worst case you have to restart the mission.

The game does not start, what other missions?

6 minutes ago, PALU said:

Where can they help me?

Probably nowhere.

Since you said "at night" I assume you meant a night mission rather than "last night, in the real world". Also, for help with problems for any game, it helps to actually describe what the problem is. "It crashed" can be used to described several types of failures, such as crash to desktop, lockup, and more, and it can be a crash on starting before you get a chance to do anything at all, loading a save, in the middle of a turn, etc.

Starting the game first brings up a launcher from which you actually start the game, and "the game does not start" doesn't describe where in the chain it fails.

5 hours ago, PALU said:

Probably nowhere.

Since you said "at night" I assume you meant a night mission rather than "last night, in the real world". Also, for help with problems for any game, it helps to actually describe what the problem is. "It crashed" can be used to described several types of failures, such as crash to desktop, lockup, and more, and it can be a crash on starting before you get a chance to do anything at all, loading a save, in the middle of a turn, etc.

Starting the game first brings up a launcher from which you actually start the game, and "the game does not start" doesn't describe where in the chain it fails.

I dropped the dmp file, maybe something is written there but the program for this permission did not open it.If you disable the mod in the launcher, the game starts, then the problem is in the mod.I do not understand why at night he worked, and during the day he stopped working.GOOGLE TRANSLATE

XenonautsCrashDump.dmp image.png.ac779a77e0eb7dfb09e8b280edd88b69.png

Edited by VladossX

Hello.

SPOILER !!! QUESTIONS HERE SPOILSES SOME THINGS !!!

I am a big fan of this mod and Thank you for the effort it is actually really good.

However I kinda hit a roadblock that may have resoulted from the way I play.

At the moment im in Phase 4 in the game on easy and not on ironman and while im fairy good at the game I manage to clear out everything so far. Shot down everything and cleared all terror missions. (including the first one, cuz it was on easy I guess).

Now my problem is that I only encountered practicly 2 bases so far. Once it just sort of happened and the game warned me where it is. The second one was soooo much later after I finally decided not to shoot down a constructing mothership and it made one. Great.
Now my question is that am I actually supposed to let all those in and let them construct in order to get the higher level alien bases and eventually the forstress which I belive holds the psionic super alien I need or it will happen after a while only much later on easy mode? Would it be actaully possible that on easy you dont get all the tech options and enemies ever? Do I need to let the supply cargo ship to do its thing to upgrade a lower level alien base to fortress status?

And lastly the big robot dino, I have no clue how to capture that or if i did at all. Once I let it get up 3 times, thinking maybe it has an internal limit, but it shows no progression and the husk it leaves gets destroyed when it gets up. I usually destroy while its down, but I tried to finish the map when its down it wont, but instantly gets finished when it gets up. What I havent tried is to destroy it as the last enemy, and to destroy the standing up husk after it got down not the down state. There are still some permutation but this is pretty ridicilious, can anyone tell me how am i supposed to capture that or at least the name when it does so i can look it up in the aliens unit list if i got it already cuz its not really named T-rex robo awesomeness.

Im on top of everything else I think, capturing aliens, downing new ships etc.

Also wanted to leave 2 notes for youre information.
1. The techtree is completly inaccessable for me. I tried google and read lots of forums yet all links either dead or outdated information on them. So slaping something togather or just a few hints how to get the latest version would be neat for all i guess.

2. I remember seeing Charon's stream on the game and was hoping to get some answares out from that but his Twitch channel is 100% empty. Aparently the broadcasts werent highlighted and get auto deleted after a 2 weeks or so. So in the future you may want to just highlight the entire broadcast and thats that.

Edited by Csatrad