[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

How does the morale work in this mod? On my first terror mission even Sergeants with Fox will wet their pants as soons as a Private or some random NPC dies and start passing 2-3 turns meaning i have to abort. Is this intended? Should i just hug my ship with 8 Rocketeers? (Playing on normal.)

Edited by player01

1 minute ago, player01 said:

How does the morale work in this mod? On my first terror mission even Veterans with Fox will wet their pants as soons as a Private or some random NPC dies and start passing 2-3 turns meaning i have to abort. Is this intended? Should i just hug my ship with 8 Rocketeers? (Playing on normal.)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<MoraleConfig MODMERGE="update">
    <MoraleEventChance MODMERGE="update" percentPoints="3.5" everyMoralePointBelow="40" > Every point below 40 moral increases the chance for an event happening by 3.5%

<EventChances MODMERGE="update">
            <Panic value="59" stabilisation="20" comment="chance that a unit panics and loses all its AP for current turn"/>
            <Flee value="40" stabilisation="20" comment="chance that a unit drops its weapons and starts running randomly" />
            <Berserk value="01" stabilisation="20" comment="chance that a unit starts firing on first available target, not caring if friendly or enemy"/>
        </EventChances>

</MoraleEventChance>

<HumanMorale MODMERGE="update">

<PerTurnRegeneration>2</PerTurnRegeneration>
        <Modifiers  MODMERGE="update">

<OfficerLeadership  MODMERGE="update" comment="Bonus to starting morale provided based on the rank of the highest ranked soldier on the team. To entire team except the leader" >

<RookieHandicap percentPoints="10" maxPercent="50" comment="Percent reduction in overall leadership bonus per Private brought on mission, with limit maxPercent"/>
                <Corporal>10</Corporal>
                <Sergeant>15</Sergeant>
                <Lieutenant>20</Lieutenant>
                <Captain>25</Captain>
                <Major>30</Major>
                <Commander>35</Commander>
                <Colonel>40</Colonel>
            </OfficerLeadership>

<SafetyInNumbers  MODMERGE="update" range="10" comment="Each crew member recieves a morale bonus, depending on the 2 highest ranked soldier present in range. At the start of every turn the bonus will get set again, depending on the 2 highest ranked soldiers in the range. This should get added as a bonus before the even chance calculations are happening. The bonus pool cant get decreased and will propably not get calculated into reduction abilities like Fear" >
                <Private>1</Private>
                <Corporal>2</Corporal>
                <Sergeant>3</Sergeant>
                <Lieutenant>4</Lieutenant>
                <Captain>5</Captain>
                <Major>6</Major>
                <Commander>7</Commander>
                <Colonel>8</Colonel>
            </SafetyInNumbers>

<XenonautDeath  MODMERGE="update" range="100" comment="to each member of the team, based on killed soldier rank">
                <Private>-10</Private>
                <Corporal>-11</Corporal>
                <Sergeant>-12</Sergeant>
                <Lieutenant>-15</Lieutenant>
                <Captain>-15</Captain>
                <Major>-15</Major>
                <Commander>-15</Commander>
                <Colonel>-15</Colonel>
            </XenonautDeath>

<VehicleLoss  MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>-15</Team>
            </VehicleLoss>

<AlienVehicleDestroyed  MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>8</Team>
                <Actor>24</Actor>
            </AlienVehicleDestroyed>            

<XenoVehicleDestroyedByTeamMate MODMERGE="update" comment="in addition to the VehicleLoss penalty!">
                <Team>-5</Team>
                <Actor>-10</Actor>
            </XenoVehicleDestroyedByTeamMate>

<CivilianKilledByAlien MODMERGE="update" comment="to each member of the team">
                <Points>-5</Points>
                <MaxPointsPerTurn>-15</MaxPointsPerTurn>
            </CivilianKilledByAlien>

<AlienKilled MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>5</Team>
                <Actor>10</Actor>
            </AlienKilled>

<CivilianKilledByXenonaut MODMERGE="update" comment="in addition to CivilianKilledByAlien!">
                <Team>-5</Team>
                <Actor>-10</Actor>
            </CivilianKilledByXenonaut>

<XenonautKilledByTeamMate MODMERGE="update" comment="in addition to the XenonautDeath penalty!">
                <Team>-5</Team>
                <Actor>-10</Actor>
            </XenonautKilledByTeamMate>

<Wounded value="-0.5" comment="expressed in morale points per damage point recieved, so -0.5 is 1 morale point deducted every 2 damage points taken" />
            <Suppressed value="-0.01" comment="same as Wounded" />

</Modifiers>
    </HumanMorale>

<AlienMorale MODMERGE="update">
        <Modifiers>

<AlienKillsCivilian MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>8</Team>
                <Actor>24</Actor>
            </AlienKillsCivilian>

<AlienKillsXenonaut MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>12</Team>
                <Actor>36</Actor>
            </AlienKillsXenonaut>

<AlienDeath MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>-16</Team>
            </AlienDeath>

<AlienKilledByTeamMate MODMERGE="update" comment="in addition to the AlienDeath penalty!">
                <Team>-4</Team>
                <Actor>-12</Actor>
            </AlienKilledByTeamMate>

<VehicleLoss MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>-16</Team>
            </VehicleLoss>

<XenonautVehicleDestroyed MODMERGE="update">
                <Team>16</Team>
                <Actor>48</Actor>
            </XenonautVehicleDestroyed>            

<AlienVehicleDestroyedByTeamMate MODMERGE="update" comment="in addition to the VehicleLoss penalty!">
                <Team>-4</Team>
                <Actor>-12</Actor>
            </AlienVehicleDestroyedByTeamMate>

<Wounded value="-0.5" comment="expressed in morale points per damage point recieved, so -0.5 is 1 morale point deducted every 2 damage points taken" />

</Modifiers>
    </AlienMorale>

</MoraleConfig>

Hi, could someone explain to me how stun works? Does it have separate ''bar'' than HP? Or if I take out 70/100 HP on alien and then hit it with stunbaton for 30 stun dmg, will I stun it? 

Also is stun dmg an kinetic type? EMP is energy? I saw some weapons have small dmg, stun dmg AND emp dmg but when i hit alien only first two types are shown above.

Reporting some major bugs in same time. Human heavy interceptor does not have pictures in base managment tab, aircraft equipment tab and combat screen. (I just copied interceptor images and named them properly.)

Also I was unable to research extreme grenades. (In order to unlock Researches.ExtremeAlienGrenade you need weapon.AlienExtGrenade(AND)Researches.CaesantacticalcommanderInterrogation(OR)weapon.AlienExtGrenade(AND)Researches.SebilliantacticalcommanderInterrogation, but then I opened Items.xml and saw that item is called weapon.AlienExGrenade not weapon.AlienExtGrenade. I changed research.xml and delete that extra T, since you put everywhere Ex)

Alien heavy shuttle is invisible on map. Hull at least, I can see door and interior when door is opened or I am inside ofc...

Also i notice that some crashed ufo doesnt have reduced number of aliens. I have suspicions in some cases, cant really prove they do not land... but for heavy shuttle i have proof and I am 100% sure.

Edited by Kule

1 hour ago, Kule said:

Reporting some major bugs in same time. Human heavy interceptor does not have pictures in base managment tab, aircraft equipment tab and combat screen. (I just copied interceptor images and named them properly.)

Thats correct. This may get updated in the next version.

1 hour ago, Kule said:

Also I was unable to research extreme grenades. (In order to unlock Researches.ExtremeAlienGrenade you need weapon.AlienExtGrenade(AND)Researches.CaesantacticalcommanderInterrogation(OR)weapon.AlienExtGrenade(AND)Researches.SebilliantacticalcommanderInterrogation, but then I opened Items.xml and saw that item is called weapon.AlienExGrenade not weapon.AlienExtGrenade. I changed research.xml and delete that extra T, since you put everywhere Ex)

Fixed. Nice catch :).

1 hour ago, Kule said:

Alien heavy shuttle is invisible on map. Hull at least, I can see door and interior when door is opened or I am inside ofc...

Modloader + Save + screenshot.

1 hour ago, Kule said:

Also i notice that some crashed ufo doesnt have reduced number of aliens. I have suspicions in some cases, cant really prove they do not land... but for heavy shuttle i have proof and I am 100% sure.

There is a chance that aliens will die, its not a given. Every alien could survive the crash too and the death on crash is pretty low as of 99.4 .

<killCrewOnCrashChance             value="5" comment="The chance for an alien to be killed on UFO crash when power cores don't explode." />
  <killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance value="10" comment="The chance for an alien to be killed on UFO crash when power cores explode." />

On 28/6/2017 at 3:58 PM, Charon said:

That should already be the case, sitting ducks is not the way i programmed the AI, or rather drages. Give me some footage of those things happening. You can use OBS to record.

:)

Regarding AI, i find many melee units(robodog,xenomorphs, sometimes reapers,..) go blindly for the tanks/armor, ignoring the infantry. This way they become easy prey, the tank holds the blow (well, not the Hunter certainly) and xenonauts have alien fest. 

Im sure the aliens would do more damage if they diversify the targets and/or go for the weak infantry first.

Also and unrelated, there are some DSB items for workshop that yield "+?,+?". Is it still mod pending or is it a random number what you get doing that?

Edited by Juvilado

17 hours ago, Juvilado said:

Also and unrelated, there are some DSB items for workshop that yield "+?,+?". Is it still mod pending or is it a random number what you get doing that?

The one who wrote this had no clue what quantity it produced, so he wrote +? :):):). Will be done when someone does it.

SUPER excited to see even more progress!!

Question: pedr0's swamp & tropical tileset recommended? I see you have it activated in your mods list screenshot, but not on the Requirements list. (If you do recommend it, the latest version referenced in the forum is 1.4, and you have 1.6 installed -- where to get??)

I can't wait to fire this up... The world ain't gonna save itself!!

1 hour ago, axmangeorge said:

SUPER excited to see even more progress!!

Question: pedr0's swamp & tropical tileset recommended? I see you have it activated in your mods list screenshot, but not on the Requirements list. (If you do recommend it, the latest version referenced in the forum is 1.4, and you have 1.6 installed -- where to get??)

I can't wait to fire this up... The world ain't gonna save itself!!

Hi welcome back, long no see.

You dont have to get anything, everything is in the files you downloaded, you only have to activate it.

Ahoy, I have just picked up Xenonauts after long break and am very excited to try this modpack!

One rather major issue right off the bat: are my Foxtrot Migs meant to have same advanced cost as the more futuristic Asierus?

oUGgLAN.jpgLLxEP3k.jpg

17 hours ago, DreXav said:

What's the difference between them then? The description implies both have torpedoes, but Asierus have also cannons?

Foxtrot is torpedo meaning it is mostly meant for the big UFOs while the Asierus is fighter based because it is meant for dogfight against smaller UFOs.... using the right type of fighter against a UFO gives an advantage while having the wrong class means your pretty likely to lose...

1. Hello can i ask why the new patch makes all the xenonauts jumpy?? hahahaha ... it's funny yet annoying , all or most gets panicked or something if just one xenonaut has a morale issue even though there is no psych present.... this has happened on multiple occasions..

2. Terror mission: Aliens in my FIRST terror mission are equipped like they came from tier 3 or some high tier... i know its normal to have higher tier enemies in a terror mission but i was wondering if i did something wrong because they look much more advanced than in the previous patches first terror mission.............or am i just playing dumber than before (again probably)

3. I like the new look of tactical air combat ... it looks alot better than the original xenonauts one ...

Are we meant to lose 1st terror mission ?? Im playing on the latest patch with veteran difficulty......my armor weaponry and everything even tank is useless against the tier 3 caesans with wratih.......it's just impossible hahahahahaha...my armor is the first researchable one and my weapons are unupgraded yet....i have no problem with anything else....just cant get past the 1st terror mission

Is it possible to edit soldier growth rate? At capped +2 per mission those pvts will take 10 missions to grow useful. And with the attrition rate (terrormission with purple androns, heaviest vanilla drones, teleporting snipers?) that's just no feasible.

I wonder if any of the devs actually beaten the game :p

On 7.7.2017 at 6:28 PM, ralph_09 said:

Are we meant to lose 1st terror mission ?? Im playing on the latest patch with veteran difficulty......my armor weaponry and everything even tank is useless against the tier 3 caesans with wratih.......it's just impossible hahahahahaha...my armor is the first researchable one and my weapons are unupgraded yet....i have no problem with anything else....just cant get past the 1st terror mission

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help, make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

On 8.7.2017 at 8:07 AM, arkber84 said:

Hey. If you go to the airport, when Valkyrie is already built, the game closes. MOD X-Division V0.99.4 Screenshot_27.png

Congratulations on being the first being to actually have a correct modloader :). That really makes me happy. Can you give me the savegame ? Or multiple savegames, you know, the more you help me the easier you make it for me to help you.

On 8.7.2017 at 9:09 PM, DreXav said:

Is it possible to edit soldier growth rate? At capped +2 per mission those pvts will take 10 missions to grow useful. And with the attrition rate (terrormission with purple androns, heaviest vanilla drones, teleporting snipers?) that's just no feasible.

You are not playing the official version. It means that your installation is not correct. You can try and help me by following the normal "I have a bug procedure" :):p.

On 8.7.2017 at 9:09 PM, DreXav said:

I wonder if any of the devs actually beaten the game :p

Unfortunately our time does not allow us to play much, but we have a lot of people finishing the game and sending in their endgame save data, additionally that we follow our testers as closely as looking them over the shoulder when they play. Here are some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxdQqrdtQiK2BACK2TRrolw/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPHjH2yovP8bYVayrDUs_A

But ofcourse all of this happens with correctly set up games ;).

2 hours ago, Charon said:

Congratulations on being the first being to actually have a correct modloader :). That really makes me happy. Can you give me the savegame ? Or multiple savegames, you know, the more you help me the easier you make it for me to help you.

Here are the saved games

Valkyrie.sav