[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Just now, drages said:

For example rail weapon bullets with waves behind them.. plasmas could be greenish fire balls but with tails.. we dont have flame for flame throwers :)..

Yes, a flaming tail for flamethrowers would be really cool. And flaming tails for others bullets as well.

13 hours ago, drages said:

Some explosive weapons and Micheal bay would fit perfect. 

I renamed it Optimus Prime, since he can transform from mech into APC :D

Balance; Red Xeno's need to do higher melee damage, they aren't scary like Reaper Omega since they cannot one shot you. First few hits from red drone or warrior will be resisted by Spiritwolf mech. First hit from Omega always does damage.

7 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

1) Air game i haven't felt was that hard. 3 Interceptors can take down a scout with the right strategy. With a foxtrot added it is easy. I have been able to shoot down almost everything. A couple patch ago you had fighters in phase 1. I liked that better. THat made things harder, and forced hard decisions in the air game. Right now, it feels like the aliens are not even fighting back, and keep sending scout after scout to get destroyed.

6 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

I just might have had bad luck, but for the last few patches I haven't seen any fighters at all in phase 1.  This has been in multiple game starts, and with multiple raders and bases set up.   I think there is a bug somewhere and they just aren't showing up at all.  

Really I think there should be at least one every wave.

I've played through phase 1 up until 19th November. Attached an image of my storage screen.

phase 1 fighters.png

So they definitely do show up, and have a chance to appear from the very first wave (typically a single fighter in that case).

Well I am at the 18 of oct and have raided it looks like 18 UFO craft. I haven't seen a single fighter yet. So I think something is going on there. But I am certain I got the install order correct.And two patches ago in a previous campaign attempt I was getting lots of fighters.

19 hours ago, drages said:

Hey! Let's look to the situation! I am talking as 99.32 version because the AI rewritten and probably it's at final state.

Playing this mod insane is, insane :).. as the mod created for veteran difficult and all calculation done for this one, the number's are at their limit for your survival. At a situation you can barely survive at veteran, you probably die at insane. As i buffed alien TU and ACC already, it should be much more harder at insane and it would break any balance. So as an insane player, you don't care balance anyway..

So yes, surpression got a big point because it makes the aliens crouch. This is a very powerful tool for aliens. If you surpress them at a cover, you really fucked up :).. If aliens got enough hit chance, they burst.. and when they crouch you give them what they wanted.. more hit chance.. and they use it.. Rifles are burst weapons anyway.. who uses snap shot? I dont use snap shot.. snap shot is just for reaction..

But there is a point that you forget.. smoke.. smoke is deadly for AI.. with smoke, you make yourself nearly unhitable.. then the aliens will try to engage you for more hit chance. So if you got any problem about capturing alive, you need to smoke it and after surpress u need to rush in all together.

Yes i thought you would say smoke, but this is the thing. It gimps you instead of helping you, the Alien accuracy is way higher then yours, so lets say you got an accuracy of 30-50% on burst at 10-20 tiles i bet the Alien has it waaay higher. Not to mention that the LMG would probably be at 10-15% at that range and dropping smoke to engage? Well you can imagine how bad it would be.

Smoke is great if you trying to re-position or retreat no argument there. Or is totally useless if you are fighting Lizard Aliens.

After suppressing an Alien i had to drop 3 smokes on the same spot (Before that he kept shooting) for him to actually consider taking cover instead of bursting 18 tiles away (after he did it twice when both of the times two of the projectiles hit from that distance)

The Alien units tend to be suicidal because of how high the accuracy is, instead of re-positioning and taking cover they would rather shoot to kill, kill and then die. Long War had same issues with specific units that had high accuracy, they would run up to point blank to you to insta kill you (not always but it happened quite often)  and well on the next turn you off that unit obviously. In the new iteration of XCOM though the soldiers are not as expandable as in Xenonauts so there's that.

Rifles are burst weapons, but my point was that they use burst when suppressed and because it has 3 projectiles with super high accuracy.

I was playing with shields and pistols the other day, 1 shot from a pistol suppresses a Caesan, it is so easy to suppress but it has no impact what so ever because he'll use burst and insta kill a guy with a shield from big distances.

This is what the developers of Long War said as well, that it wasn't balanced around high difficulties as well. I get it and at the same time i tend to disagree, these are my two cents of criticism:

* Imagine a game was created and wasn't balanced around all difficulties? That would suck, while i know this mod is free and has a lot of work put into. But i imagine that if suppressing is so easy on Insane, i guess it is the same on easier difficulties and it will still back fire more than help you out even though enemy accuracy is not that high there. And i guess he will still ignore Snap and use burst while suppressed. Unless values are way different.

* Suppressing is so easy to lay down on the Aliens, but instead of helping you it helps them. They also get bonus aim and still are able to fire burst, isn't that picture fundamentally flawed? I wouldn't mind if you had to lay down some serious fire to suppress a unit but maiming it properly, not boosting it instead.

* High difficulties (Maybe even veteran i didn't try) boil down to kill on sight because of that accuracy with suppression not being effective. High accuracy specifically on burst seems to put 2 things out of the game, which are the suppression mechanic and the Snap shot mode. Both things were meant to be used, but because suppression is acting in favor of the Alien you try to avoid that by just insta killing the alien. Or like we already discussed it fires back at you.

Snap mode was suppose to be a single shot with higher accuracy from any weapon. Doesn't matter if the rifle was built for burst, single shot are more accurate on any weapon with that mode. This mode is completely overlooked by the AI because it is inferior in every way. Less projectiles and the accuracy gain isn't that good i imagine.

* AI is at its final stage, but are its bonuses?

Point being, it leaves a bad taste because it becomes less tactical and more streamlined. Long War had a very bad approach in my opinion that had no place in a game that is under the category of "Turn Based STRATEGY" game. They added a lot of random factors on top of the existing ones, like grenade damage is random with random drop off from the epicenter. Random bleed timers etc etc..But in that game you had unique classes with a perk system to compensate which you don't have in Xenonauts.

How is that related here? Well, if you want to engage you can't use suppression to your benefit so you just blow them away from a distance. If you want to engage, you won't use smoke because it will be worse to you than the Aliens so you blow them away from a distance. Want to use shields to engage? you'll get blown away by a burst so you blow them away first. LMG? useless because hitting chances are too low and it will lay down suppression but they will still use burst and will hit you very frequently, so you blow them away. 

Two very effective classes, Rocketeer and Sniper. High distance, high damage. Xenonauts don't have any perks to boost\compensate them, so stripping out suppression is leaves them naked, or at least other tactics. Instead of having cool shoot outs you can just shoot 2 rockers, or 1 rocket and 1 sniper shot and end the encounter there before they hit you from the first 2 tries. When not suppressed the alien uses a snap shot and then tends to burst.

So this is just my opinion so i hope you guys take it in moderation, wasn't trying to insult anyone sorry if i did. I won;t be bothering you with this anymore, so no worries. :p For me personally it's a major turn off, but that's me. I would love to hear other players thoughts and experience with this specific topic - Suppression with burst fire mode.

Edited by Gaudium

We respect every idea and I hear none harsh critics then this from Charon. So don't worry about insulting. If you are polite,  I can take every critic without any problem . 

Surpression is not good at this point.  Even pistols can Surpress .  I will clean Surpression from most weapon types and let it be only heavy bullet fire like hmg and mini guns. With this,  probably you will have less problems. 

Shields will have a buff to hold of some real damage.  Now they die so fast. 

Aggressive ai wants to kill you. When there is smoke they think to kill you rather then waiting smoke. I gave them acc for not making them to hug you. It's important for ranged fight. As I said veteran ai got less acc of course. 

We can't balance a harder difficult because this mod got hundreds of weapons, aliens and more to balance. So we create the mod as hard enough but still winnable. Insane is just for mad people. 

Every smoke tile decrease the acc.  So it's very important to calculate where to throw and where to stay. 

We don't have much randomness. They shoot you die. .  So simple.  

Hi guys,

just installed the new patch and the new GUI and starting screen are really cool, you're awesome guys, thanks!

Only one thing, would it be possible that you guys add the wiki data to the workshop screen for aircraft and vehicle weapons like range, damage, rate of fire etc.? :rolleyes: I think it would be a really nice feature for players who don't have all data in their head and have to look it up in wiki every time they research a new weapon. 

And yeah I found something I'm not really sure if it is a feature or bug.... ;-) On one map I couldn't attack an alien inside a building at the entrance(door was open) with the shock baton, shooting down was no problem, unfortunately I forget to do a savegame, but at least I did a screenshot(attached).  

20161110190613_1.jpg

On 10.11.2016 at 11:14 AM, Gaudium said:

Smoke is great if you trying to re-position or retreat no argument there. Or is totally useless if you are fighting Lizard Aliens.

Wrong, sebillians are affected by smoke like any othr unit, as i learned recently.

After suppressing an Alien i had to drop 3 smokes on the same spot (Before that he kept shooting) for him to actually consider taking cover instead of bursting 18 tiles away (after he did it twice when both of the times two of the projectiles hit from that distance)

Isnt that what is the best option ? Not doing what you want him to do ? And on top of that to stay crouched ? From a human standpoint ?

The Alien units tend to be suicidal because of how high the accuracy is, instead of re-positioning and taking cover they would rather shoot to kill, kill and then die. Long War had same issues with specific units that had high accuracy, they would run up to point blank to you to insta kill you (not always but it happened quite often)  and well on the next turn you off that unit obviously. In the new iteration of XCOM though the soldiers are not as expandable as in Xenonauts so there's that.

Before, they neither did that nor other things, and on top of this the aliens would helplessly run around in the back lines and never shoot because their accruacy was too low. Now they are at least effective at what they are doing ( because the AI was rewritten, not because of the accuracy buff, but they both play together ).

Rifles are burst weapons, but my point was that they use burst when suppressed and because it has 3 projectiles with super high accuracy.

I dont get what you are  saying. When you have only 50% Tu available because of the suppression, than bursting takes away your whole TU to move. Its a tradeoff, either max damage or hide again. And max damage and on top of that staying crouched is clearly the better option, why make an suboptimal choice when you can make the best one ?

Ofcourse they stay dangerous after you suppressed them, if not this would be a childs game.

I was playing with shields and pistols the other day, 1 shot from a pistol suppresses a Caesan, it is so easy to suppress but it has no impact what so ever because he'll use burst and insta kill a guy with a shield from big distances.

Ok, ok stop. I think you this might help you. Let me quote from Long war.

On 11.8.2016 at 8:38 PM, Charon said:

Q: Say what? Ten HP Outsiders with regeneration in the first downed UFO mission? I love all the new XCOM options but don't like the difficulty. Why did you make a mod that is so hard?

A: This mod was made by people who loved the vanilla game and saw lots of opportunities within the engine for much deeper strategic and tactical play and a greater variety of problems to throw at the player. When someone tells us it is too hard, there might be any of three things going on:

The player hasn't adapted to the changes in the mod and expects their suboptimal strategies to succeed (we believe this is the case with outsiders). ( X-Division: Some tutorials will come but they are not upo yet, so you have to rely on your instincts)

The player's definition of fun is different from ours; they expect the game to provide them easier situations, make solutions more readily available or be geared to provide the illusion of challenge but actually make it pretty easy to win. In this case the player should play an easier difficulty setting and/or use the Cinematic Mode Second Wave option, which gives accuracy bonuses to both XCOM troops and aircraft. They player can also mod Long War to their personal preferences or play another mod. Long War isn't for everyone.

The mod really is unreasonably hard (or bugged in a way that makes it too hard) and should be changed. Specific feedback about the situation and how you attempted to address helps us; general complaints about difficulty really won't induce us to make any changes.

If you stand in front of a caesan on insane it is fine that the an burst kills you. Thats the game. There is always a strategy available which let you achieve a different result. But thats the game, off the top of my head i can instantly think about 1 strategy where you wont get any damage at all. But thats for you to find out :).

* Imagine a game was created and wasn't balanced around all difficulties? That would suck, while i know this mod is free and has a lot of work put into. But i imagine that if suppressing is so easy on Insane, i guess it is the same on easier difficulties and it will still back fire more than help you out even though enemy accuracy is not that high there. And i guess he will still ignore Snap and use burst while suppressed. Unless values are way different.

Well, first of all, the game hasnt been balanced yet, but the GC has. Secondly, any other option than Veteran hasnt been balanced.

Yes, values are different on lower difficulties.

* Suppressing is so easy to lay down on the Aliens, but instead of helping you it helps them. They also get bonus aim and still are able to fire burst, isn't that picture fundamentally flawed? I wouldn't mind if you had to lay down some serious fire to suppress a unit but maiming it properly, not boosting it instead.

Either way, I wouldnt call this flawed. That units cant manually crouch, that is flawed. I think you are forgetting that half of the TU is not available in the next turn, and dont take advantage of it.

I dont really get the idea, stunning is a hard buiseness which may require some units close by. Stunning is the pinnacle of achieving victory in a GC. You can measure the amount of success by the amount of stunned, needed units you got in a GC. The closer you get to a unit the more dangerous it becomes, naturally. If you dont like that take the guy out with a sniper rifle, while he is suppressed.

Furthermore let me quote from the advice section:

<Tip>Do not stay in an aliens Line of Sight! Do not trust cover!</Tip>

* High difficulties (Maybe even veteran i didn't try) boil down to kill on sight because of that accuracy with suppression not being effective. High accuracy specifically on burst seems to put 2 things out of the game, which are the suppression mechanic and the Snap shot mode. Both things were meant to be used, but because suppression is acting in favor of the Alien you try to avoid that by just insta killing the alien. Or like we already discussed it fires back at you.

"The player hasn't adapted to the changes in the mod and expects their suboptimal strategies to succeed"

Snap mode was suppose to be a single shot with higher accuracy from any weapon. Doesn't matter if the rifle was built for burst, single shot are more accurate on any weapon with that mode. This mode is completely overlooked by the AI because it is inferior in every way. Less projectiles and the accuracy gain isn't that good i imagine.

That might be true. As in, it is true, but i still have to decide if that is a bad thing.

Point being, it leaves a bad taste because it becomes less tactical and more streamlined. Long War had a very bad approach in my opinion that had no place in a game that is under the category of "Turn Based STRATEGY" game. They added a lot of random factors on top of the existing ones, like grenade damage is random with random drop off from the epicenter. Random bleed timers etc etc..But in that game you had unique classes with a perk system to compensate which you don't have in Xenonauts.

I would disagree and state again that this game is nothing which you can learn, or is obvious how to play, on the first turns. Dont expect suboptimal strategies to succeed. Always stay flexible. Accept that mistakes can happen. I believe that randomisation is a simulation of the approximitation of the randomness of war. If it wouldnt be, war would be a chess game, which firaxis game is far closer to than the open evironment Xenonauts provides.

For the sake of wholeness please let me quote some historian quotes about the romans and the roman culture. The most important one is the following

In war we must always leave room for strokes of fortune ( eg. fortune for the enemy as well, so misfortune, OPs note), and accidents that cannot be foreseen.

- Polybius

The proper arts of a general are judgement and prudence.

- Tacitus

Adversity reveals the genius of a general; good fortune conceals it

- Horace

Fas est et ab hoste doceri.

It is right to learn, even from the enemy.

- Ovid

How is that related here? Well, if you want to engage you can't use suppression to your benefit so you just blow them away from a distance. If you want to engage, you won't use smoke because it will be worse to you than the Aliens so you blow them away from a distance. Want to use shields to engage? you'll get blown away by a burst so you blow them away first. LMG? useless because hitting chances are too low and it will lay down suppression but they will still use burst and will hit you very frequently, so you blow them away. 

Like i said earlier, i dont believe you are digging deep enough into the strategy box. Suppression is a powerful tool available, but you have to know how to use it.

... and please dont stand in light of sight of a crouched alien, if you know its bad, change your tactic then.

Two very effective classes, Rocketeer and Sniper. High distance, high damage. Xenonauts don't have any perks to boost\compensate them, so stripping out suppression is leaves them naked, or at least other tactics. Instead of having cool shoot outs you can just shoot 2 rockers, or 1 rocket and 1 sniper shot and end the encounter there before they hit you from the first 2 tries. When not suppressed the alien uses a snap shot and then tends to burst.

X-Division tries to compensate that by stressing the importance of live aliens to capture. Rockets kill aliens as well as the corpses and the loot, 2 major income sources. But its not yet balanced, eg. you get enough for everything at the moment.

For now, the money almost flows constantly after the first phase, but in the future people who dont capture enough aliens wont succeed in the long run. So they will have to put themselv in the best position, but will still havee to take the danger head on. Like Tacitus said it:

The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.

- Tacitus

I agree that Snipers are very good in the encounters, as it is the backbone of my squad as well, even with their low acc in the beginning.

So this is just my opinion so i hope you guys take it in moderation, wasn't trying to insult anyone sorry if i did. I won;t be bothering you with this anymore, so no worries. :p For me personally it's a major turn off, but that's me. I would love to hear other players thoughts and experience with this specific topic - Suppression with burst fire mode.

Its ok, i believe it is valuable feedback. While it might not change anything in the short run, it might change the entire course of the game in the LONG run :D.

I think i know this feeling, I felt the same way when i got discouraged of playing XCOM 1 on the higher difficulties, because

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

The player's definition of fun is different from ours; they expect the game to provide them easier situations, make solutions more readily available or be geared to provide the illusion of challenge but actually make it pretty easy to win.

I didnt know what to do, and i didnt receive any guidance on how to IMPROVE on how i was playing. This made me bump against the same stupid wall over and over again, with the feeling that even when i succeeded it wouldnt be because of me, but because of some stupid dice that rolled in the right direction this time. The whole game felt like it was completely disregarding my actions and rolled the dice for the encounters.

The feeling of not having an impact on anything is the feeling of frustration. ( Btw this also makes great games, letting the player feel the impact of the his/her actions, its the fundamental part of game design to give the player something where he can see how he effects something. This is the fundamental principle of playing, in the exact same matter a baby feels joy because it experiences that his/her actions affect something and do something with the world, no matter what it actually does. Experiencing your actions having an impact on the world is one the greatest, fundamental joys in life, taking away from that feels frustrating )

Then i met beaglerush - https://www.youtube.com/user/Beaglerush

Not only was he better than me, he also introduced me to far wider variety of the question you can ask in a game. What determines this is a good position ? What tools do i have available ?

Most importantly, what even, are the possible outcomes of a situation ? What CAN even happen ? AND what is likely to happen ? How do i manipulate the odds so that i can stay on top of changing factors throughout the game ? What is the worst possible situation ? How much is one worst possible option worth against the other ?

This is why i believe youtubers and Lets play videos are so immensly important, because at the end of the day gaming is a social thing. Even if you only play single player and sit alone in your room alone all the day, at one point your single playing gaming will turn into something too hard for you to manage alone. On the other hand If you would be able to clear a game without any challenge it would be boring.
So what do you do ? You turn on the internet and search for NEW IDEAS on how to approach your favourite game. It could be walkthroughs, FAQs, tips and tricks websites like gamefaq is one.

Back in the days people sat down and wrote around 20 comprehensive pages about a subject in a game and other people would read about it. Dragon Warrior Monsters and Monster 2 are a good example about this. Heck, Pokemon is a good example of this.
Did you know that pokemon had a stats had a genetic buff from +0 - +61 stats when they were born, also known as IV ( individual values ) - and NOBODY KNEW about this until later generations ? Do you think that one person alone would have cracked this ? Or that it was something people might eventually figure out ? Actually it was discovered by somebody making the ROM available for emulators, now it is an important part of every strategy in the gaming competetive gaming scene.

It could be a Lets play, or it could be a review. It could be a MAKING OF or it could be a spreadsheet document. Or you simply bother your friends to play this game and ask about their oppinion.

Gaming is a social thing because ultimately we strife to increase our horizon and learn and experience new things, and per definition this needs new things and new impulses to take from. Some also like other people :D.

There is also the group of hardcore players, who want to figure out everything on their own, because they like the experience of this journey, but an estimated guess is that this group makes up around 5% of all gamers, maybe less. Most other people want to approach games 1. in social way or 2. getting provided basically cinematic material without making the experience of bumping into the frustration wall i mentioned earlier. And ofcourse there are infinite variations inbetween.

So take what you can from other people approaching this game, if you want :). Take a break from the game, that is also important. Reapproach it later. Drop it. Pick it up again. Do what you think it is you need.

The Developers Diary - is the approach to this, but it still has no commentary, and may not get one in the future, but this tries to give players new ideas, new approaches, and to make the experience of playing this game a memorable one, where there are always higher ceilngs to climb, and mauntains to discover.

The offical X-Division youtube channel is still under construction - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtS8rPsZAKtG5e-gn5n_pQ - for now you can get all videos here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJiDtR6YHRDiW4dpa_F-2aQ - .

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Subcode said:

And yeah I found something I'm not really sure if it is a feature or bug.... ;-) On one map I couldn't attack an alien inside a building at the entrance(door was open) with the shock baton, shooting down was no problem, unfortunately I forget to do a savegame, but at least I did a screenshot(attached).  

I experienced that a lot of times too, i guess thats just a thing in Xenonauts.

Speaking of overwriting saves....I did mine and I really wanted to share it with you...

I had the easiest mission ever - crushed scout, I moved my guys, hit the end button and...mission successful! No aliens died...a bug or a random calculator how many aliens gets killed in a crush? End mission screen was showing 0/8 aliens killed horrrible!

I really need to find that screenshot button - which one is it?

4 minutes ago, Suave said:

Speaking of overwriting saves....I did mine and I really wanted to share it with you...

I had the easiest mission ever - crushed scout, I moved my guys, hit the end button and...mission successful! No aliens died...a bug or a random calculator how many aliens gets killed in a crush? End mission screen was showing 0/8 aliens killed horrrible!

0/8 aliens killed.. hmm.. it's really strange.. i can't say something about it.. you hit them really hard.. nuked the ufo at sky?

If you play the game on steam, F12 is SS key.. if not and u use win 10.. you can use the windows gaming thing pressing win+G at launcher and then win+altgr+prtscr. But we need saves rather then ss..

6 minutes ago, Suave said:

If you are using steam its f12, dunno about the others. Alternatively you can shoot a video.

@drages @Charon

Fresh (may not) bugs.
When harridan crouch, he do flip (broken but funny animation).(initial vision direction - yellow arrow).

xenonauts4.jpg

Missed scroll bar in science ui.

xenonauts5.jpg

Home without roof.

xenonauts6.jpg

Human non combatant with only shadow.

xenonauts7.jpg

AutosaveIM2016-10-22_10.14.27unseen.sav
Advanced first aid has 5/10 in GC.
Shock rocket tear targets a part (overkill animation).
Ceasan warriors often change their t-shirts to red.
In phase3 cruiser i meet caesan non combatant.

I has idea for flamethrower and after some dozens of readjustments I somewhat synced it but flying stick nature still big in it and it not works well

I maybe will try something else,  but for most things tiny glowy sticks of different color is good as it is (considering how it work).  I only wish  some of them was brighter, but it personal prefernces.  And I don't know what most of the things are. 

Asset: https://mega.nz/#!0dpgmawI!Uevh5biHaonTjvqx2jWXpJGy6eZnG961U3v3WVpwdzE

Edited by Z01
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Z01 said:

I has idea for flamethrower and after some dozens of readjustments I somewhat synced it but flying stick nature still big in it and it not works well

I maybe will try something else,  but for most things tiny glowy sticks of different color is good as it is (considering how it work).  I only wish  some of them was brighter, but it personal prefernces.  And I don't know what most of the things are. 

Looks absolutely awesome.

Firstly, great work on the mod guys. Love the new updates and am really impressed with your attitude towards criticism and issues, and knowledge of the game :o

I've found an interesting bug: shooting this reaper with a shotgun 4 times freezes the game. You can still move the cursor, take screenshots, Alt+tab or Alt+F4 (normal freezes you have to ctrl+alt+delete -> task manager -> end task). To recreate, shoot the reaper on snap shot with the selected soldier. It flinches a little more with each shot, and on the 4th one it's knocked back a little and then the game gets stuck. 

Could be something to do with reaction fire because it only happens when shooting it with the guy crouching next to it (anybody else is OK) and on the 4th shot.
Not game breaking by any means, but thought I'd report it.

Shotgun Reaper Bug.sav

Just started on Phase4, and I want to say Charon and Drages you guys are crazy! It's also my fault for letting the aliens setup 4-5 bases so I could farm Phase3 UFO's because now each wave is spawning 10+ ufo's :D it is actually quite fun this way just saying :)

Balance; Like my previous comments about Red Xeno's it applies again to Crimson Xeno drones & warriors, they die too easily to energy weapons (hp buff) and melee attacks don't do much damage to Phase3 vehicles and armor.

For Sebillians the reaper Omega is an actual nightmare, at the start of the mission if one is hiding just outside line of sight, chances are your reaction fire cannot get through all of it's HP and you'll lose someone.

Also question for you guys, at what point does the game decide if a trooper who died is going to survive with 1hp at the end of the mission, I had this happen for a soldier who was zombified lol! This should guarantee the soldier is dead.

Edited by Sectiplave

8 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

Also question for you guys, at what point does the game decide if a trooper who died is going to survive with 1hp at the end of the mission, I had this happen for a soldier who was zombified lol! This should guarantee the soldier is dead.

<!-- SOLDIER RECOVERY VARIABLES -->
  <!-- Soldier recovery chance is as follows: soldiers at or below a certan HP Value will never be recovered. For other soldiers, the chance to be recovered is: B + C * HP % , where
  B is a base chance, and C is a coefficient, with HP being the soldier's hit points (0 or less) -->
  <soldierUnrecoverableHitPoints value="-50" comment="Soldiers whose health is at or below this number will never be recovered" />
  <soldierBaseRecoveryChance value="50" comment="The base recovery chance at 0 HP. This is B in the recovery formula" />
  <soldierRecoveryDecreaseCoefficient value="2.0" comment="Recovery chance drops by this many percent for every HP below zero - this is C in the formula" />

<overkillDamage value="0" comment="Soldiers whose HP drop below this value will be considered to have been killed with overdamage. Specify a negative number (e.g. -50) to activate. If set to 0 or greater, this is not triggered" />

Just now, Sectiplave said:

Is it possible to set Zombify to do like 300hp damage or something so they are overkilled?

No, zombify is a hardcoded ability which gets activated at an attack and doesnt take damage of the actual weapon into account. So is the ability "SpawnReaper" which simply kills the unit. In what way is unknown.

Maybe you find a cure for zombify and you can cure the zombies. 

Omega reaper is omega. So don't expect anything low from phase 4 units. I got new surprises to you about reapers as well. 

Little melee does not get any balance as they will totally replaced. Please send me some mission saves T the heat of battle so I can see the late game balance.