[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Completed my first terror mission last night, ohhh my it took over an hour of very careful play, and the end result was 44/44 aliens killed! The Reapers AI was very aggressive in finding civilians, but luckily for me a large pack of about 8 of them sat on the other side of the map (saw them when fog of war was lifted) until I reloaded due to clicking wrong tile, at which point they all stormed me, I was very glad I had incendiary grenades, they were the only thing that saved my troops as I was down to using alien weapons for ammo :D

The boosted accuracy is a good thing, I have had Caesans burst fire from being suppressed and have all 3 shots hit a soldier 9 tiles away behind light cover more than once, I had a shield trooper closer who I thought would have been the target, but I guess hit chance wasn't as high if that is how AI prioritizes.

3 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

Completed my first terror mission last night, ohhh my it took over an hour of very careful play, and the end result was 44/44 aliens killed! The Reapers AI was very aggressive in finding civilians, but luckily for me a large pack of about 8 of them sat on the other side of the map (saw them when fog of war was lifted) until I reloaded due to clicking wrong tile, at which point they all stormed me, I was very glad I had incendiary grenades, they were the only thing that saved my troops as I was down to using alien weapons for ammo :D

The boosted accuracy is a good thing, I have had Caesans burst fire from being suppressed and have all 3 shots hit a soldier 9 tiles away behind light cover more than once, I had a shield trooper closer who I thought would have been the target, but I guess hit chance wasn't as high if that is how AI prioritizes.

Wow 44 :)... it's a good number.. so how does vehicles survive against melees now? How did vehicles role change? Any vehicle story would be nice too!

AI thinks like you, if there is an open target, he will choose it. For that kind of reasons, Xenonauts AI can't be tricked. I wish i got an AI like that at Stellaris.. anyway..

As i said, i don't want to kill your soldiers more (yeah i want but not so much) so if you think you get killed much more easily, or get hit much more (which yeah you will, but at my other tests, even wraths which i created as one of the best AI units, could not hit an open soldier, and early phase AI accuracy was so low, i saw that it was a huge strike to gameplay and AI behaviour. So i made the game more armor related.), so i will buff more armors and shields. 

9 Tile is a dangerous distance. It's a good chance to get hit from 10-12 range. I dont want them snipe burst from 15 to 20... and AI snipers will snipe you for sure now :P...

On 10/24/2016 at 2:24 AM, Sentelin said:

Damn,  I am so glad you finally formed the team and moved this version from alpha stage (how long has it been, almost a year? ) and I see that X:CE got a bundle of modding features from Solver. It would be really shame, if this projected died, when you burnt yourself with modding. (Now, I have a reason  to get back into the game, after sooo long).

Hey man! Its nice to see you here. Yeah we became a family now! X-Division became huge and with solver it will become something "else" too.

And we did not even put the real deal yet!.. like that so cute dino at my signature :)..

2 minutes ago, drages said:

Hey man! Its nice to see you here. Yeah we became a family now! X-Division became huge and with solver it will become something "else" too.

And we did not even put the real deal yet!.. like that so cute dino at my signature :)..

Honestly, everything in this mod is "the" real deal for me, right now. I still have to download this monstrosity though, and try all cool things but a description of the mod alone, is a lot to digest. And seriously men, a 3D model of the Dinosaur above looks awesome, though I am not sure I want to know what you planned to do with it, whatever it is friend or foe!

@drages ohhh lol it would have been easily a 40-50 turn fight, the tank was dead within the first 5 turns, it did it's job of killing the Sebillian tank and took down a few Reaper Bulls first so I was happy with it's performance. I think Vehicles are in a good spot right now, the Defender can still soak up a lot of damage but obviously it's getting hit more often and melee'd now.

For accuracy I think it's good, I've definitely lost more soldiers early on than my last play through, but I cannot be sure how much is the changes and how much is different now I'm playing on Veteran and there are more enemies per ship. The main thing is that it's Caesans killing me now when usually it was Sebellians running wildly at my troops and bursting them.

Even still I think it works, in Long War it was part of life that soldiers would die, if you want to keep everyone alive there is the option to go back to play Easy/Normal mode.

Training newbie troops is still painful, they can hardly wear armor and equip a gun :D

Edited by Sectiplave
newbies

1 minute ago, Sentelin said:

Honestly, everything in this mod is "the" real deal for me, right now. I still have to download this monstrosity though, and try all cool things but a description of the mod alone, is a lot to digest. And seriously men, a 3D model of the Dinosaur above looks awesome, though I am not sure I want to know what you planned to do with it, whatever it is friend or foe!

Heh i wanna spoil it but won't do it.. it's the milstone at Andron story. As a group we can nearly do everything we want. We can use the Xenonauts like a game engine now. We edit UI, we add new enemies (totally new ones.. done all the xenomorphs from beginning from egg to queen, real original movie models), charon makes 1000 research and manufacture.. lol..

We need testers so badly, just the only thing we can't do is to play the mod :) 

1 minute ago, Sectiplave said:

@drages ohhh lol it would have been easily a 40-50 turn fight, the tank was dead within the first 5 turns, it did it's job of killing the Sebillian tank and took down a few Reaper Bulls first so I was happy with it's performance. I think Vehicles are in a good spot right now, the Defender can still soak up a lot of damage but obviously it's getting hit more often and melee'd now.

For accuracy I think it's good, I've definitely lost more soldiers early on than my last play through, but I cannot be sure how much is the changes and how much is different now I'm playing on Veteran and there are more enemies per ship. The main thing is that it's Caesans killing me now when usually it was Sebellians running wildly at my troops and bursting them.

Even still I think it works, in Long War it was part of life that soldiers would die, if you want to keep everyone alive there is the option to go back to play Easy/Normal mode.

5 turn survive :) but good to hear that he handled the enemy tank..

We buffed soldiers progression at stat gaining for this "more deadly game" reason. Charon was right about it and we took his ideas which he used already at his own mod. 

Charon wanted Caesans more deadly.. and yeah they were so weak with the stun guns.. they could not harm vehicles too and this create a huge balance whole we can't get rid of it without XCE..

Veteran does not make UFO crew more.. the numbers are always same.. you just feel them more then before :P..

Now AI should not run into you, not all of them.. if an AI runs to you, it means he got a very good damage heavy weapon with low accuracy, take care him really fast!

Zombify is still not as i wanted which ignores everything. We will use it more wise places in future patches but much more cool things will take up its place. Man, if you would know what we planned... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drages said:

I looked to the effects and they are very nice and creative. I did not test them at battlefield yet. The most important part is, the art style should fit to the game, blend very well with all things.

I would like to see more particles, effects, projectiles like those.. i am so limited at ballistic projectiles mostly and dont forget that, projectiles could be animations too...

Yea, sort of. Thanks. In game it not very intresting. Something is ok something not much.  It more about trying to draw animation, game is more like reason.

It's a bit offtopic but I started new run and in first ufo sebillians used granade. And it use "plasma yellow" effect. And for some reason it like ten times bigger, upscaled.  When drone fired it at me it was normal size.

I reloaded and  take this granade from him  and tested other animations by replacing files in "plasma yellow".

"Bulletplume" is ten times bigger(looks intresing). And laser impacts. But from rifle it normal size.

"plasma blue" is normal size. "plasma granade" is normal size.   "plasma red" is double size.

But all was drawed drawn in the same document at same resolution and saved with same settings. xml generated by the same thing and I didn't see anithing special in it.  don't understand how it work/

Edited by Z01

2 minutes ago, Z01 said:

Yea, sort of. Thanks. In game it not very intresting. Something is ok something not much.  It more about trying to draw animation, game is more like reason.

It's a bit offtopic but I started new run and in first ufo sebillians used granade. And it use "plasma yellow" effect. And for some reason it like ten times bigger, upscaled.  When drone fired it at me it was normal size.

I reloaded and  take this granade from him  and tested other animations by replacing files in "plasma yellow".

"Bulletplume" is ten times bigger(looks intresing). And laser impacts. But from rifle it normal size.

"plasma blue" is normal size. "plasma granade" is normal size.   "plasma red" is double size.

But all was drawed in the same document at same resolution and saved with same settings. xml generated by the same thing and I didn't see anithing special in it.  don't understand how it work/

As i know the explosions "scales" as the radius. Game makes this by its own.. so we dont have any control on it. Sometimes it gets buggy at game and shows huge explosions.

If you can make the animations more transparent (mostly at fog parts) it would look more cool in game. I liked all the light works for energy effects!

30 minutes ago, drages said:

Heh i wanna spoil it but won't do it.. it's the milstone at Andron story. As a group we can nearly do everything we want. We can use the Xenonauts like a game engine now. We edit UI, we add new enemies (totally new ones.. done all the xenomorphs from beginning from egg to queen, real original movie models), charon makes 1000 research and manufacture.. lol..

We need testers so badly, just the only thing we can't do is to play the mod :) 

That's what I meant in between the lines, "don't spoil anymore, you said enough already"  - But someone just couldn't resist xD

Yeah, I am not sure how much of the tester I will be at the moment. I have ... er personal, RF mess to sort out and I kind of got involved into the Unity project which started as an idea between friends and it's going on nicely ever since then. Also, there is the Master's studies I am attending (hopefully, I will be done with a University by the end of next year), and I have a part-time job as a web developer ( back-end in .Net framework ).

But, I will try to provide as best feedback as I can, when I can and as I progress with the mod :D

5 hours ago, Pandi said:

3DFLrsv.jpg

All things in one big pile=) 4+ screens of stuff and more coming in future. New items adds in order of appearance.

Just to give you guys some idea of what we're doing, here's a sneak preview of a workshop screen with the new categories implemented ;) 

20161026004126_1.jpg

Hopefully it will make finding any given item much easier once finished.

Wow, this a lot of categories ;) May be group up some in one for happy medium? For example all dissections, ufo dissasembles, gun dsb (every damage type in single category) in separate tabs - this useful when you can check all list of stuff in one place, to get components you need to manufacture.

Returning from terror site on opposite side of earth(my upper post) i found new massive ufo suspiciously close to my main base...
I even wipe its fighters and shot carrier by 8 alenium torps. But it was be not enough. Last hope on "another terror site" dies when this behemoth turn towards on my base...
Cause there was only one green soldier. What a guile!
Crafted hour ago for main team shiny wolf suit was very useful. I decide to took different damage type weapons i have - t1 ballistic minigun(with two additional
 packs of t2 ammo :facepalm:) and t1 laser shotgun with 4 clips. All other space was filled with chemical grenades(with huge weight penalty to drop half instantly when battle starts).
 Surprisingly i discovered what on my base was "reserved" hunter - really good news.
It took about 3 hours of careful guerrilla tactic. But hunter was down and ammo is going out. I decide to scavenge fallen enemies for ammo supply. Alien ballistic rifle was chosen
 as good damage/clip efficiency.
I discover what 2 heavy drones stuck in self entrance each and kills many aliens by friendly fire when trying destroy my base... First heavy dron shot reaction fire about 10-12 times about 12 tiles range - all miss even with splash. Man got totally gray-haired. And finally with xplosion of the last heavy drone it ended.
 There was 5 factors help me a lot in battle:
 1 Wolf suit save from tons of adrons ballistic pellets.
 2 Hunter was very good for support(kills 5).
 3 I think adrons got quite passive behavior.
 4 Stuck heavy drones not riding over my base hunting me.
 5 They kills many others aliens (about 9 inclusive pair of dangerous medium drones).

Xenonauts 2016-10-26 06-55-29-12.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-26 06-51-10-44.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-26 06-59-05-85.jpg

Wow it was a heroic story. I will erase all big size units from base assaults for next patch. There is something hard coded about drones at bases and Androns don't attack when there is drones around. 

But one man... and even the armour saved him, he should be so brave to not go berserk or panic. I would like to see a video of it for sure.

BUG; On this mission it says Scout data core sent to research but I've already researched it and I gained no core?

BALANCE; Alienium and Advanced alienium grenades both cost $250 to make, I'd double the cost of advanced for a quick and easy rebalance until manufacture costs get overhauled.

Completed more missions and I get cores now, only thing I can think that did this is I re-enabled Xenonauts fixes and Lore+ as per Sfarrellys pic.

Quicksave.sav

Edited by Sectiplave
I'm stupid.