[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

4 hours ago, DreXav said:

Speaking of next XCE version, whats the current schedule on that? And next X-div?

Wondering if I should hold back on the mod if the next version is around the corner or the development has stalled and this is it for now?

Cheers!

Never hold back on the fun !

The next version is out when its out.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:31 AM, BHef said:

I am having some issues with a correct setup of the mod:

4. i tried to disable psi completely by editing the psionicpowers in the x-division mod directory to have the psionic attacks use 500 Action points. Breaks ground combat because Alien movement freezes. any other way to disable psi?

Modding psionic AP over unit AP does seem to freeze game indeed. I disabled Psionics modding aiprops.xml:

For every unit that has PsionicPower something else than PsionicPower="". Mod like that: PsionicPower="" PsionicAttacks=""

Enemies still seem to try Psionics, they just doesn't seem to work. Not thoroughly tested yet.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

15 minutes ago, DreXav said:

I can see "Brigadier General" etc on the stream. Afaik the normal ranks go up to Colonel max.

Thats the next version ^^. Pheonix already got access to the 99.5 version and tests it ahead of time.

Bug Report:

Sorry if I was meant to PM this to someone on the team, it was not stated clearly in the initial post.
I attached a .rar file containing a screenshot of all the mods and a geoscape save game with the issue.

The problem is that I built my first aircraft cannon (Fighter Beam), and it also is displayed in storage, but I cannot equip it on any aircraft (tested with fully healthy ones - F-17 and Aserius). I also tried shipping it to another base, but the problem remained.

OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Edit: attaching files does not seem to work, so here is a link: https://ufile.io/a6reu

Edited by Dagar

49 minutes ago, Dagar said:

Bug Report:

Sorry if I was meant to PM this to someone on the team, it was not stated clearly in the initial post.
I attached a .rar file containing a screenshot of all the mods and a geoscape save game with the issue.

The problem is that I built my first aircraft cannon (Fighter Beam), and it also is displayed in storage, but I cannot equip it on any aircraft (tested with fully healthy ones - F-17 and Aserius). I also tried shipping it to another base, but the problem remained.

OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Edit: attaching files does not seem to work, so here is a link: https://ufile.io/a6reu

This place is fine. Its open for any and all content related to X-Division 0.99 including bug reports.

At a first glance there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the modorder but it would like to check some points:

1. Why are you not using the latest version ?
2. I need the whole modloader, not only the left side
3. I cant really see if you use steam or GOG

@Dagar Good news is we know whats wrong, bad news is you will have to restart your game.

The Xenonaut Fix Pack uhm ... destroys games. The best part ? It doesnt tell you about it until you are 50 hours deep into the campaign. For this reason we have a fixed version available for GOG users, since it only affects them ( steam standartly has the fixed version ).

2. Install the latest XCE version.

Since the forums download is down i temporarily put up a fixed version here:

If you want to play with the .4 version you will have to delete your mods folder and reinstall XCE from the start.

If you want to play the .45 version you only have to run the .45 update. I strongly recommend this.

Either way you will have to start a new campaign.

Have a good time gaming ^^.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dagar said:

@Charon Installed it and it runs. How confident are you in your statement that I need to start a new campaign? I loaded mine for test reasons and everything works, plus I now can equip my airplanes with weapons...

100% confident.

The main corruption which occured was in your research tree. And nobody can really tell what went wrong there. Im pretty confident that you can play through the game without much problem. But can you say when a research didnt unlock when it should have ? Can you tell when entire weapon trees are missing from the game ? You cant, and neither can I. Thats just the beauty of the Fix Pack bug, you never know what went wrong ... . You can decide to cotninue your campaign, but it will be excempt from future support, as I cant troubleshoot a broken save.

No matter how you decide i wish you some good luck on your runs.

• Like 1

So ahem, I just got XCE and the X-division mod and tried twice to do a fresh install, followed all instructions, and ... well the problem is always the same: I can't get research to work.

To explain: the game starts with my initial 10 scientist researching the Alien Invasion first tech. Wonderful. The problem is when they finish researching it I neither get informed that happened and neither do my scientists return to the unused scientists pool. Any new scientist I recruit suffers the same fate. I restarted the campaign, I did a fresh install, the problem persists no matter what I do. And yes, I did it exactly like the OP said, including turning my AV off for the install.

Running the game on Windows 10, through Steam.

I'll try to attach as much as I can.  A save of my latest game where I just finished the initial research and the scientists are gone. The check is made after my second batch of 10 scientists which I always hire at the start arrived. Screenshots of my mod order in the modding tools of the launcher. If there's anything else needed, I'll be happy to provide it.

No scientists.sav

Mod Loader1.png

Mod Loader2.png

@Avenger93

Modloader looks fine, and save loads without any problems. Your save has the same mods as i do and i can get the scientists to work with no problem. Screenshot down below:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.d444e04ae2c3aa8dc48b517cc983db39.png

This would lead to the only possible explanation of whatever data you have is not the same data i have. But you said you made a clean installation twice, so i suspect you deleted your mods folder manually as well.

Did you delete your mods folder manually before the fresh installation, and then downloaded the .40 and the .45 update ? Did you check the downloaded files for their md5 sums ?

The other thing i could think of is deleting your AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts folder manually.

Edited by Charon

Ok, I'll uninstall everything through steam, go back to delete the folders for mods and scripts manually (yes, I did delete the folder manually before installing before) and try again. I have the 0.99.4 main downloaded in the 3 parts from the front page, though I admit I did not check the md5, I'll have to do that. In fact screw it I'll re-download just to be sure. And after installing that I installed the 0.99.45 update.

I will say for the part downloads, the mega links for part 2 and part 3 don't seem to work on my end. It tells me the file is no longer available. Initialy I got part 1 from mega and the other 2 from the alternate links, though I don't think that should be a problem.

EDIT: I do have the steam folder set-up on a different drive, not the system drive, I keep games on their own drive basically. But again, I doubt that should be an issue, I pointed the installers at the correct steam folder each time.

Edited by Avenger93

10 hours ago, Avenger93 said:

Ok, I'll uninstall everything through steam, go back to delete the folders for mods and scripts manually (yes, I did delete the folder manually before installing before) and try again. I have the 0.99.4 main downloaded in the 3 parts from the front page, though I admit I did not check the md5, I'll have to do that. In fact screw it I'll re-download just to be sure. And after installing that I installed the 0.99.45 update.

The reinstallation sounds good, but you really only have to check the md5 sum, if it is correct, you have the correct data.

10 hours ago, Avenger93 said:

I will say for the part downloads, the mega links for part 2 and part 3 don't seem to work on my end. It tells me the file is no longer available. Initialy I got part 1 from mega and the other 2 from the alternate links, though I don't think that should be a problem.

I checked the MEGA links and they do seem to work. It should definitely not make a difference though.

Here are some things you can check if it shouldnt work out:

1. Go into a GC situation, alt tab out of the game and send me the logfile situated in your AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts folder.
  2. Send me a screenshot from your COM - Xenonauts Fix Pack and xce folder.

Sorry, I had to catch some sleep then tend to some work so I only just got back to checking. All the files are downloaded, their md5 sums are all correct, I took them from the alternate server just to be safe. For brevity's sake I'll use the no aircombat option this time to get into a GC faster just in case it's needed. Question: can I just disable that one without re-installing after I'm done and start a new game? And just for the sake of brevity and safety, here's the 2 screenshots and I'll go test things out now.

COM-Fix Pack.png

xce1.png

xce2.png

Edited by Avenger93
Better screenshots