[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 minute ago, Svinedrengen said:

Here is the thing, I really enjoy the differenses between Xenonauts/X-Division and openxcom. One of them is that you dont/cant have as many exspandebles in this as you can in x-com. I dont favor one mekanik over the other, different games with different rules/systems, but I still kinda feel like 20 or 25 would be better since it is your base and have many decent guys not joining the battle, they just die if you lose base as if they were not even there. If it is because of balance issues, why not more aliens then if possible?

You are running up against the wrong tree. I didnt make the game, @Goldhawk did.

16 minutes ago, Charon said:

No, i wouldnt think about it, since nobody asks for it.

Hmm strange no one else finds this a little anoying when you have more than 16 decent men in base, must be just me. I would rather have a little more men vs more aliens, and I know I know I know, I can just do it myself:) and in my defence I am very slowly learning as you can se. 

29 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

Hmm strange no one else finds this a little anoying when you have more than 16 decent men in base, must be just me. I would rather have a little more men vs more aliens, and I know I know I know, I can just do it myself:) and in my defence I am very slowly learning as you can se. 

No, i also requested it like 1.5 years ago, but now i think its better for the balance of the game to know exactly with how many soldiers a human opponent can play vs the aliens.

It's always amazing to see the amount of work that goes into this mod each time I come to check on it. Will be starting a new play through today to see how things have changed :)

EDIT; I really like the installer! I remember from earlier how many people did not set the mod order list correctly, this is very nice! And it must save you 80%+ of questions around failed install. There will always be that 20%.... :D

Edited by Sectiplave
  • Like 1

@Charon A little demonstration on how the FOW changes will apply to alienbasemissions, since I just remenber that they are always nightmissions. I think it looks dark and grim, I like it:). What do you think about it?

Short describtion : Open door notice 3 alien, can barely see the ceasan and xeno. Take one step forward. Turn 45 degres right.20180329131633_1.jpg

20180329132305_1.jpg20180329132317_1.jpg

Edited by Svinedrengen
  • Like 1

In 2014, for Xenophobia, I made such a base. Neither the floor nor the walls can be seen until the shooting begins. It was very difficult, but very interesting.01.jpg

But Predators are watching my soldiers ... This is certainly a joke :)02.jpg

Sorry for my English.

Edited by vasig
  • Like 1

@vasig All I did was change the FOW to make it more dark and tense, and as I understand it Charon is make my changes default in X-Division in future versions. But if you want to change it yourself, do this :

On 3/28/2018 at 9:15 PM, Svinedrengen said:

I editted the tilerenderer file in XCE with Sublime Text, it is a lot easyer to navigate with that rather than notepad, thanks for telling.

I used these values :

<FOW>
      <Day min="0.7" max="1.0"/>
      <Night min="0.05" max="0.5"/>
      <DawnDusk min="0.25" max="0.75"/>
    </FOW>

I also made DawnDusk darker, even more dark than original "night".

I think it may be to much, but how did you change the floor and walls? Please tell me, moy drug. I would be interrestet to try, just for fun.

3 hours ago, vasig said:

But Predators are watching my soldiers ... This is certainly a joke :)

Now you only need Arnold to shout "Get in da Choppa":)

2 hours ago, Svinedrengen said:

I think it may be to much, but how did you change the floor and walls? Please tell me, moy drug. I would be interrestet to try, just for fun.

I think that day and night are more important in the open space. I did this for the last mission and for my own pleasure. Unfortunately, I almost do not remember, but I made these changes to the final map of the mission.
My last mission map is very different from the original one.
I changed the legend of the last mission. The action takes place in Antarctica. Many new secret rooms and corridors.
If you want, I can send you these files. They were made for XD by Drages.
P.S.
I'm afraid you find it hard to understand my English :(

Edited by vasig

5 hours ago, vasig said:

If you want, I can send you these files. They were made for XD by Drages.

If it does not bother you, yes please. I am new to this hacking stuff so it gives me opportunity to learn. 

5 hours ago, vasig said:

I'm afraid you find it hard to understand my English :(

Do not worry about your english, I understand you fine:). You use google translate correct? I do not use it, because google do not understand danish very good. 

Maybe we should use private message, I do not think Charon wants this conversation in his topic since it is not X-Division related. 

Edited by Svinedrengen

Making my way through Phase1; Veteran, not iron man, I don't remember the early game ground combat being this difficult! It comes down to the alien AI being far smarter now from what I've observed, especially with how they defend the UFO entrance so you need to be very careful with your advance, I now run with every soldier holding 3 smoke grenades! And also melee unit AI is smarter too. Last time I played I think was 99.2 so feels like a new game to me!

Edited by Sectiplave
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

Making my way through Phase1, I don't remember the early game ground combat being this difficult! It comes down to the alien AI being far smarter now from what I've observed, especially with how they defend the UFO entrance so you need to be very careful with your advance, I now run with every soldier holding 3 smoke grenades! And also melee unit AI is smarter too. Last time I played I think was 99.2 so feels like a new game to me!

Yeh, we have steadily increasing the capability of the AI throught the versions. We increased it so much that we had to turn it down for the later versions. So what you are playing is a toned down AI of what is actually possible. Melee AI considers vehicles with the same priority as soldiers now and the rest got pumped up considerably. Or that might just be in the upcoming version, i dont know. We are still looking for ways to increase the AIs potency while still giving the player  a, you know, game to play ;).

I might consider making an option in the installer for the 100% unlocked AI if people wanna try themself against it.

Edited by Charon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Charon said:

Melee AI considers vehicles with the same priority as soldiers now

I believe through personal exsperience and your own video this improvment comes in the 0.99.50 version. 

8 hours ago, Charon said:

I might consider making an option in the installer for the 100% unlocked AI if people wanna try themself against it.

If this is not to much to ask, please do. Set the AI free and let them play with no hands tied :).  I will definately try this option if you make it. 

Despite this I would like to say, that it feels a more then complete game already. I never heard of Xenonauts before steam showed me a add last summer on sale for only 60 danske kroner! That is around 7 euros, and then have option to get X-Division. Bargain of the century, almost. 

• Like 1

7:30 Endgame content starts at 150 ATP with a 50% chance. At 200 ATP the chance is 100% while Base Attacks are excluded from endgame content until 300 ATP. This should give the player enough time to realise that the shit is really hitting the fan now. Heavy Interceptor have varying spawn percentages between 150 and 300 ATP, steadily increasing the difficulty of missions. This should give the player the feeling of a "Do or die soon" move. At 300 ATP everything runs at max invasion policy and at 250 ATP motherships can spawn to build forward bases on earth.

• Like 1

@Charon When unzipping the 0.99.45 patch, when asked whether you want to overwrite the files, do we say yes or no? Or should the patch be in its own folder?

I only ask since i assumed that the newer files should be what we use, and clicked Yes to overwrite.  But when i launched, the No Click sound and Jsleezys real portraits mods werent even in my launcher.

Is this a patch issue, or an issue because i have Xenonauts on my D: drive, and not my C: drive? 

8 hours ago, Edren said:

@Charon When unzipping the 0.99.45 patch, when asked whether you want to overwrite the files, do we say yes or no? Or should the patch be in its own folder?

I only ask since i assumed that the newer files should be what we use, and clicked Yes to overwrite.  But when i launched, the No Click sound and Jsleezys real portraits mods werent even in my launcher.

Is this a patch issue, or an issue because i have Xenonauts on my D: drive, and not my C: drive? 

I couldnt make out what this was about, but i guess you didnt read the installation instructions. Oh well, guess back to the drawing board.

I read the installation instructions just fine. When you have the 3 files for the main mod extracted in a folder, and then put the update in the same folder and extract, it asks if you want to replace files of the same name. Seeing as how I didn't see anything in the instructions about this, figured I'd bring it up. As it stands, a workaround for it is to put the Update in a sub-folder and extract and run it there so that mods aren't missing.

I had also inquired as to whether this was just some file fuckery, or if it was because I had the game installed to a different hard drive than the default C: drive.

TL;DR Main mod and Patch was in same folder, both had files of the same name. When replacing the Main Mod files with the Update's files, a couple mods were missing from the launcher list. Possibly fixed by putting the Update into its own folder.

8 minutes ago, Edren said:

I read the installation instructions just fine. When you have the 3 files for the main mod extracted in a folder, and then put the update in the same folder and extract, it asks if you want to replace files of the same name. Seeing as how I didn't see anything in the instructions about this, figured I'd bring it up. As it stands, a workaround for it is to put the Update in a sub-folder and extract and run it there so that mods aren't missing.

I had also inquired as to whether this was just some file fuckery, or if it was because I had the game installed to a different hard drive than the default C: drive.

TL;DR Main mod and Patch was in same folder, both had files of the same name. When replacing the Main Mod files with the Update's files, a couple mods were missing from the launcher list. Possibly fixed by putting the Update into its own folder.

?

What are you talking about ?

Can you point out the line where instructions tell you to put ??? in a folder. And to overwrite ??? Wut ???

I am getting convinced we are talking about a different set of instructions.

That's the problem. Despite the patch instructions saying follow the install instructions, it doesn't address the obvious issue that extracting the Patch into the same folder where you extracted the main mod will result in a conflict because two files share the same name. 

If absolutely necessary, i can take a series of screenshots for you illustrating what i'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, Edren said:

That's the problem. Despite the patch instructions saying follow the install instructions, it doesn't address the obvious issue that extracting the Patch into the same folder where you extracted the main mod will result in a conflict because two files share the same name. 

If absolutely necessary, i can take a series of screenshots for you illustrating what i'm talking about.

Wait, "Follow the instructions of the installer" means running the exe in the extracted multi rar archive. Did you get that ? Where is the problem ?

2 minutes ago, Charon said:

Wait, "Follow the instructions of the installer" means running the exe in the extracted multi rar archive. Did you get that ? Where is the problem ?

I've said it multiple times. The issue is when you EXTRACT the Update to the 3 rar archive folder. I had a folder with X-Division 0.99.4 main.part1-3 and extracted them. Then i extracted the Update, at which point i got a Windows file explorer popup saying that there were multiple files with the same filename. And, this being the duplicate filename popup, it asks you if you want to keep the old or new ones, or keep both. 

Just now, Edren said:

I've said it multiple times. The issue is when you EXTRACT the Update to the 3 rar archive folder. I had a folder with X-Division 0.99.4 main.part1-3 and extracted them. Then i extracted the Update, at which point i got a Windows file explorer popup saying that there were multiple files with the same filename. And, this being the duplicate filename popup, it asks you if you want to keep the old or new ones, or keep both. 

Which line of instruction told you to exract any update anywhere to overwrite at any point ? You know that you have to finish the main installation before you can update ?