[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

Quick question, is it intended that on battle summary screen I get "Alien terror carrier datacore" but nothing related in research or workshop DSB?

Despite all of the downed terror carrier equipment being intact (reactors, anti grav etc, pretty much entire interior bar some aesthetic consoles and crates), I got no techs whatsoever. Does that mean theres no technological gain whatsoever for downing targets way ahead of the phase? Terror carrier downed at 02 Dec 1979, but at the cost of four Foxtrot wings so I would be really bummed out there are no pay outs for such a tough target.

gzv4Tj7.jpg

qDcN2BE.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, after few longer ticks (and one ground combat later) it added DSB to workshop and Terror carrier tech that resulted in Firebird... though that's it, can't even use it because none of the elements 'drop' from UFOs flying around.

Edited by DreXav

1 hour ago, DreXav said:

Quick question, is it intended that on battle summary screen I get "Alien terror carrier datacore" but nothing related in research or workshop DSB?

Be patient young padawan. Time will reveal the answer to your question.

1 minute ago, Charon said:

Be patient young padawan. Time will reveal the answer to your question.

1 hour ago, DreXav said:

EDIT: Nevermind, after few longer ticks (and one ground combat later) it added DSB to workshop and Terror carrier tech that resulted in Firebird... though that's it, can't even use it because none of the elements 'drop' from UFOs flying around.

Yea, my edit already contained the answer to my own question ;D though it asked more questions...

Just now, DreXav said:

Yea, my edit already contained the answer to my own question ;D though it asked more questions...

Be patient young padawan. Time will reveal the answers to your questions.

Edited by Charon

Hi, new guy here ;)

Quick question. will this mod work with new released Xenonauts community edition 0.35?

Or do i have to wait for some update for X-Division if there by any in future?

Ps. Or maybe there are some altered links for X:CE 0.34.3 and the fixed Mod Pack, they are deleted from this forum. New version 0.35 released.

3 hours ago, tom3kb said:

Hi, new guy here ;)

Quick question. will this mod work with new released Xenonauts community edition 0.35?

Or do i have to wait for some update for X-Division if there by any in future?

Ps. Or maybe there are some altered links for X:CE 0.34.3 and the fixed Mod Pack, they are deleted from this forum. New version 0.35 released.

Well .. .. shits not sorted out right now, and you need to stick to 0.34.3 until i barge in and say its ok to use the new version.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, badon said:

Xenonauts Community Edition 0.34.3 xce-034-3.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19PXyONjhcKb_ufNsgcYB6cnc6MaHanG6

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/64a6c1409083ddcb2c464061c02a9209bc04bffd0f61f03d2d12381870a072ba/detection

MD5: 74449768b0af8e4c8b368a1d0e747c21

SHA1: 0ae31a91dfd0d6a6042c6e37e31306ae1ac3bca6

SHA256: 64a6c1409083ddcb2c464061c02a9209bc04bffd0f61f03d2d12381870a072ba

These are the 2 files you need. You can proceed as in the original thread:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Charon said:

Well .. .. shits not sorted out right now, and you need to stick to 0.34.3 until i barge in and say its ok to use the new version.

Ok, thx for the info and links. Downloading :)

Edited by tom3kb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluerayxx said:

Thanks for the links, but i'm not sure how to install this? I don't get what to do with these files.... Do i just extract the base mod to the xenonauts folder and then extract the mod package to the mods folder?

I am running into an issue: game crashes whenever I try load game after loading campaign. I can still load from main menu but after loading there are no more reloads lest it crashes: DQJDbG3.png

No idea what causes the change, I tried old-old saves to see if this issue appeared at some point but they all got same issue. Any ideas?

36 minutes ago, DreXav said:

I am running into an issue: game crashes whenever I try load game after loading campaign. I can still load from main menu but after loading there are no more reloads lest it crashes: DQJDbG3.png

No idea what causes the change, I tried old-old saves to see if this issue appeared at some point but they all got same issue. Any ideas?

What did you change ?

5 minutes ago, DreXav said:

Nothing. It was working fine until after one land combat mission. Then it started failing. The saves from way before are also failing. 

Microsoft Visual Library usually means something changed which has nothing to do with X-Division. I assume you use Win 10 ?

4 hours ago, Charon said:

What would you guys say to a slower, variable aircombat speed ?

I think that would be cool, because on the most extreme of micromanagement levels you essentially just do pause - unpause as quickly as you can and re-adjust in the pause. So a slower speed would help make this less of a reaction time game.

7 hours ago, Dagar said:

I think that would be cool, because on the most extreme of micromanagement levels you essentially just do pause - unpause as quickly as you can and re-adjust in the pause. So a slower speed would help make this less of a reaction time game.

What speed multipliers would you like to see, and whats the lowest slower multiplier you think is viable ?

39 minutes ago, Charon said:

What speed multipliers would you like to see, and whats the lowest slower multiplier you think is viable ?

I essentially only use the normal level 1 speed and the level 4 for when my planes disengaged and just fly towards the edge. The lowest I would go would be maybe 1/3 normal (level 1) speed.

But I thought about it a bit more and hope for more people to state whether they think this is a good idea. I mean, there is balancing to consider here. Would it be fun to play if my planes essentially dodge every incoming bullet possible? Would it widen the success gap between experienced and novice players (or those who don't really care for the air game but for some reason did not disable it)? Even though this may sound counter intuitive, I think what a good player can do with such a slow-mo feature is far more when compared how much it could help the newer players. But, on the other hand, it will definitely help them to some extent to play it more slowly.

Maybe what would be more helpful and not potentially distort the balancing that much would be an auto-pause feature a player could enable. The three scenarios where it could trigger I can think of as useful would be:

• The moment when a plane enters the weapon cone of an enemy ship. Useful because if I micro-manage one plane I might not look after the others too closely.
  • Whenever a roll is finished and you can do the next one. Useful because for now we need to eyeball that pause manually and hope that we get it right.
  • When I disabled a slow weapon (like a torpedo) that would not hit on the maximum allowed distance anyway and intend to use it at very short range. If you again micromanage another plane as bait you might miss the window you have to actually enable that weapon.

57 minutes ago, Dagar said:

But I thought about it a bit more and hope for more people to state whether they think this is a good idea. I mean, there is balancing to consider here. Would it be fun to play if my planes essentially dodge every incoming bullet possible? Would it widen the success gap between experienced and novice players (or those who don't really care for the air game but for some reason did not disable it)? Even though this may sound counter intuitive, I think what a good player can do with such a slow-mo feature is far more when compared how much it could help the newer players. But, on the other hand, it will definitely help them to some extent to play it more slowly.

I really think we are on the same page here. The things i would consider is that if you have 50% of the speed, would the airgame just become slow and boring, AKA long and too easy ? The basic thing to point out here is that i think regularly switching between speed levels majorly distorts your feeling of the airgame. So i would rather recommend on playing on one speed level, to not distort your feeling of the tempo.
The other thing is: wouldnt it take away too much difficulty ? Slowing down things definitely makes things easier, but it also can give you the illusion that you just need to make better decisions in an airfight rather than realising you have no chance at all ( with that plane and equipment ).

The aim of this is to make the airgame playable with a minimum amount of pause stuttering. But the nature of the airgame dictates that there are moments which are high in decision making ( just entered weapon range, dodge high energy beam ), and moments where you dont need to make any decisions at all ( approach the target, stay on a UFOs tail ).

The speed multipliers currently in discussion are x1 x0.5 x0.75 x5, but it would be a question if we shouldnt just break it down to x1 x0.5 x5. I prefer halfing the speed as it still give the player a better feeling for the tempo of the airgame because halfing a tempo is something a human  can better understand than 0.33 .

57 minutes ago, Dagar said:

Maybe what would be more helpful and not potentially distort the balancing that much would be an auto-pause feature a player could enable. The three scenarios where it could trigger I can think of as useful would be:

I was thinking about something like that. Implementing an easy script which simply paused the game every second. I think this is as close as you can get to a turn based game. Unfortunately we are very close to the end of the development, so advances into that direction are unlikely, but it definitely was on the table at one point.

Edit: If you ask for my oppinion, i won´t use the slow mo featuer at all, as playing a real time game means engraving certain timings into your fingers and brain over and over again. A slow mo feature cant replace that, but it might help novice players beginn to understand how things work.

Edited by Charon

Hey All.

Sorry if I'm asking something that is readily explained in some previous posts (there are just so many now) but I have some questions about the updates. I recently started playing this mod based off of the link for the 3 core downloads. I have some stuff that clearly needs to be updated and I noticed some updates after where I download my files from. My question is, what all extra stuff do I need and, if it needs to be done this way, what order do the things need to be installed in? Also, if I do update, can I continue my current save file? 

I'm just curious. I started a stream of this this morning and I really am enjoying it so far and I don't exactly want to have to start over from the beginning / be able to get the most up to date experience.

Thanks for your replies.

X-Division 0.99.45 has been modified for the latest XCE version 0.35 .

If you are using the latest XCE version together with X-Division please redownload the latest patch here

and follow the latest patch installation instructions in the main thread:

It is save game compatible so you can continue your journey as usual.

Good luck, commander.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:11 AM, Betuor said:

Hey All.

Sorry if I'm asking something that is readily explained in some previous posts (there are just so many now) but I have some questions about the updates. I recently started playing this mod based off of the link for the 3 core downloads. I have some stuff that clearly needs to be updated and I noticed some updates after where I download my files from. My question is, what all extra stuff do I need and, if it needs to be done this way, what order do the things need to be installed in? Also, if I do update, can I continue my current save file? 

I'm just curious. I started a stream of this this morning and I really am enjoying it so far and I don't exactly want to have to start over from the beginning / be able to get the most up to date experience.

Thanks for your replies.

I think you can solve your problems by following the installation instructions in the OP.

Good luck.

Edited by Charon

A newcomer here (GOG's free download allowed me to continue what Desura's demise destroyed 3 years ago).

Some bugs and comments:

- I'm using the latest GOG version of Xenonauts + the latest CE, plus the latest X-Division (as of yesterday), and followed the installation descriptions (and there are no complaints about load order once the installation ones have been dealt with). However, I have a very difficult time with a graphics bug: The front side if buildings is often missing, so I can see floor tiles inside, but not walls, windows, or doors, and it seems the path finder has trouble finding the doors as well (probably because they haven't been seen yet). Neither the roof 3 setting toggle nor the elevation setting brings the walls back (well, they weren't there originally either...).
Edit: Note that this isn't happening to all buildings, as most are OK. My worst issues are with farm maps as a type of house doesn't want to play nice. I believe I've also had issues with a mall/shop type building in built up areaa.

- Construction UI improvement: It would help if the construction menu marked the things you can't make in red similar to how the required items are marked in red when you select the item. I'd carry that up to the top level so the top category was red if none of the items below could be constructed.

- It would help if there was a way to see what class an alien belongs to. Currently you can sort of do that if you've performed an autopsy or interrogation of the class by carefully looking at clothing/skin color, but for all those corpses you have a name for, but no image (yet), you just have to guess. I'd probably do it (if I had any artistic talent, that is) as a <race> overview entry in the X-Pedia listing all the versions you have encountered (or possibly only those you've recovered live/dead specimens for), thus adding them gradually as you encounter them. I don't know if you can update/replace an entry, though, nor whether you can build it dynamically. This info eventually showed up, although it took longer than I'd like.

- The Alien Interrogator X-Pedia entry image looks like the original (and probably is). The chief scientist could be updated to wear the appropriate X Division mark on his clothes (a really low priority cosmetic issue, though).

- There are quite a few spelling errors in the files (not surprising, as I believe none of the people involved are native English speakers). Is there some easy way to get at these texts to extract them to provide you with suggestions for updates?

Edited by PALU
Info eventually appeared/clarification

7 hours ago, PALU said:

Some bugs and comments:

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help, make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

7 hours ago, PALU said:

- There are quite a few spelling errors in the files (not surprising, as I believe none of the people involved are native English speakers). Is there some easy way to get at these texts to extract them to provide you with suggestions for updates?

No backseat developing ! If you want to get something done sit down and do it.

About the non English speakers. I personally think the level of english skills we have is quite alright, and i havent encountered somebody who said is a "native speaker" which suggestions didnt boil down to geographic linguistic differences, eg. Americans arguing with Brittains what is the correct spelling. Than there are Irish, Scottish, australians to just name the geographic biggest ones. People in India also are proclaimed "native speakers" but i wouldnt really let them touch the texts either, and they also speak English profoundly different than the rest of the world. Yes, Brittain has been everywhere ;).

Ofcourse im open to written Xpedia entries ( not done ones ) to enjoy for my pleasure to change my mind.

Edited by Charon