[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

@Marandor1

Wow cool playthru. You are playing an earlier version tho (due to the playtru is a little older). Enemies inbound. Try the Terror from the sky version, its much more harder. I raided a Alien outpost in phase 2 as well, but there were 42 Aliens. In your base there were only 26 which is much much more sane. Also the terror carrier fight: in my version one drone immediatly downs a foxtrot. In your version your foxes survive one hit. It seems to me that you are playing a version which is a little easier. Also the Sebillian Soldier seem a little bit easier to fight in your game. In terror from the sky 2 Sniper shots are usually not enugh to down a Seb Soldier.

I don't play an earlier version. It is always the most actual version at the time of recording :)

I started with version .40. Smaller and bigger patches came live during playing. Now I am at .42 as well, but some small additional changes are already contained.

I always get the patches before they go live because my playthrough is used by Charon for some kind of testing. So the last missions use at the same patch version than your version. The game/patch version of all my youtube videos is shown below it. And I mention (in the video) if an important pre patch was installed.

Btw. yes, the drones were changed, maybe my missions were one reason. The "easy" way I downed the terror UFO is not possible anymore. But I don't like/do the air fight anyway. Here is a link to a mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d3piT0zxhg&t=240s , Charon used one of my playthrough saves for it to show, how you can down the terror UFO AFTER these changes.

And two good sniper shots down a sebillian any time. If you use the right sniper of cause. There are some weapons, which are not really good in my opinion. Best sniper weapons are Laser Mk3 (Phase1+2), Gauss Mk3 (Phase 3) and Rail Mk3 (Phase 4). Don't use other weapons for sniping (or you will indeed need more than 2 shots) :) 

Edited by Marandor1

Oh okay! Do you remeber what version you used last Base assault mission? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHwawTJeIDM&index=90&list=PLeCeI44U8FluG907nkx12YrLDtNZTl6kk

if you are on the same version as me this mission, it seems i do have a bug or something, as i always have 40 aliens in a base or in a terror mission. 40 is just too much to handle.

Maybe i need a clean install...

edit: oh sorry you did a mission with 40 aliens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-AtaBzKYk&list=PLeCeI44U8FluG907nkx12YrLDtNZTl6kk&index=86

nice one!

Edited by grossbier

If I remember right, the terror missions (base and town) were changed (made harder) with version .41.

A town mission of this version is shown in video 85/86, a terror base in video 89/90. The terror base was even a phase 3 base with phase 3 aliens. And I only had phase 2 equipment. It is hard sometimes, but doable :)

Edited by Marandor1

Wow not bad :), well i guess ill be watching some more of your videos and give the game another go! I think one of the reasons i fail is im useing too much shield guys. I miss out on a lot of firepower that way. Also i miss out on lots of reaction shots that way. Thx for the links to your playthru, its very educational!

Sight range of aliens (now 40, previously 60) makes the ground combat to masochism.

With such sight range all aliens are able to shoot from any point on the map. They don't even need to move somewhere. And they all became snipers as I see.

What is the point of preferring day missions, what is the point of my soldiers carrying the armor with increased sight range if they still cannot see the enemy for the first 5 turns till they get closer to the enemy if somebody survives by that moment?

May be you should add some binoculars or glasses to the research?

• Like 1

The last patch reverted some of the sight changes, most caesan/sebill only got around 20-25 range now. Just some special races (xeno, robodog, etc.) still have upto 40.

But anyway - its harder with those bigger alien sight, no question. You need to adapt your strategy - smoke is much more important now.

Don't forget: it is a beta, things are still in testing. 60 range was to much. 40 was already doable, I made a lot a missions with it and won all without any losses (but some wounds for sure :)). Just see my LP.

With the actual patch version I find the sight ranges totally ok. You can't stand in the open field anymore (which I did myself in the past too). It is not that bad as it may look. The aliens don't shoot from anywhere - they not only need sight, but also a certain hit probability. Which they don't have got from very far away.

Overall the missions are much more interesting compared to the times of "blind aliens" - at least for me :)

Edited by Marandor1

13 hours ago, Marandor1 said:

The last patch reverted some of the sight changes, most caesan/sebill only got around 20-25 range now. Just some special races (xeno, robodog, etc.) still have upto 40.

But anyway - its harder with those bigger alien sight, no question. You need to adapt your strategy - smoke is much more important now.

Don't forget: it is a beta, things are still in testing. 60 range was to much. 40 was already doable, I made a lot a missions with it and won all without any losses (but some wounds for sure :)). Just see my LP.

With the actual patch version I find the sight ranges totally ok. You can't stand in the open field anymore (which I did myself in the past too). It is not that bad as it may look. The aliens don't shoot from anywhere - they not only need sight, but also a certain hit probability. Which they don't have got from very far away.

Overall the missions are much more interesting compared to the times of "blind aliens" - at least for me :)

I'm not sure with the current sight range. I did well dealing with ground missions most the time. This was the beginning of Phase 4.

I stopped at a terror site where I landed on the open field in Valkiria's drop pods.

This was a day mission.

My first turn was: I take some cover and kill one sebillian. Smoke is not a problem for sebillians AFAIK so I don''t use it this time.

The enemy's turn: about 5 enemies come to my sight and shoot at my soldiers, about 20(!) enemies shoot at my soldiers from far away (I don't see them). About 80% of their fire hit the targets (my soldiers).

Result: One soldier is down. Two of my soldiers are heavily wounded (10% health remaining and bleeding). Four are moderately wounded and bleeding. Most the soldiers are suppressed.

I didn't even try to make the second turn...

X-Division 0.99.43

came around

Installation:

1. The Base for this patch has to be version 0.99.4 or higher. This update is not available for versions lower than 0.99.4
  2. Download the X-Division 0.99.43 Update: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/31-x-division-latest-patch-09943/ ( MD5: 09a208ae80b01317044fcad757603abf )
  3. Follow the instruction of the installer
  4. After you have used the installer there is no need to change ANYTHING anymore, everything has been taken care of, including scripts, modloader priority, and everything else you may think of. The only time you might want to change something is if you are activating/deactivating No Airgame or change the soldier models. Enjoy :).

DAY 494 Version 0.99.43 "Go easy, take this"

• sightrange diversified:

Caesan: 22
Wraith: 30
Xenomorph: 40 ( good nose )

Sebillian: 20
Harridan: 30
Reaper: 40 ( good nose )

Androns: 24
Drones: 30
Robodog/Roborex/Roboreaper: 40 ( good mechanical nose )

• @Pandi fixed the Stinkys wooden farmhouse. Many thx for finding the missing spectre
  • Fixed aircraft weapon position offset again. Thanks to @Pandi for pointing this out and helping to solve it
  • Increased Aircombat Alien Anti Fighter Missile cooldown from 0.3 to 1.5 and Heavy Fighter one from 0.3 to 0.7
  • Increased carbine/shotgun damage by 10%, except for the Rail Carbine
  • Normalised carbine magazine capacity to a multiplier of burst options
  • Increased Magazine capacity +2 for every shotgun
  • Decreased material requirements for the MAUSER from 4 alloys to 2
  • Revised Reaper and Zombie mechanisms: More Powerful Reaper will now spawn more powerful zombies which will spawn the appropriate reapers. The more powerful the reaper the faster the zombie spawns another reaper. Zombies can now be killed before they spawn a Reaper, taking them out for good. Zombie armour revised. They have good energy armour now but are very weak vs kinetic and fire damage
  • Increased moral penalty for killing civilian by +300% to further discourage friendly fire
  • Increased recruitments range of stat points by +20. The sum of average stats are still the same par the next change. Increased strenght stats of recruits by +10.
  • Phase 3 and 4 Xenomorph melee units got a boost in +10 TU and lower weapon tu useage
  • recoded the corvette layout, aliens should stay inside the UFO now
  • Experimental: Decreased Melee AI Vehicle Priority by 99%
  • Inner UFO Walls are now destructible. We need feedback on the feeling of destructability
  • updated armour descriptions
  • funny bug: some damage of grenades actually depended on the range thrown XD. Fixed
  • a thousand bug fixes and changes and updates here and there

Merry Xmas :)

I might also look into the Terror UFO content before Christmas.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 6:29 PM, Charon said:

• Increased recruitments range of stat points by +20. The sum of average stats are still the same par the next change. Increased strenght stats of recruits by +10.
  •  

Thank you.   This was a good change.  Before the Rookie stats were so close together that they all seemed like clones of each other. Now there are actually choices that matter for the rookies starting role. And they can at least start being good at one thing, and improve their weakness as they get experience.

I offer to your attention a small patch (.43 included).

• Fixed manufacturing strings and descriptions for some corpse and ufo disassembles.
  • Fixed some weapon description typos.
  • Gauss weaponry seriously improved/reworked/renewed.
  • Pulse weaponry slightly rescaled with a tiny nerf of some mk3 variants.
  • Antimatter miniguns weight was slightly reduced and ammo count set to 30.
  • Energy carbines ammo increased up to 3 bursts capable.
  • Heavy fighter beam weapon ammo increased.
  • Gauss air cannon dps and overall damage increased.
  • Pulse cannon overall damage slightly increased.
  • Improved alphawolf armor to feels like real high-end tier.
  • Predator armor types got light aiming aid systems.
  • Sentinel armor types got better movement stability systems.
  • Vehicle Gauss gun dps slightly increased.

X-Division 0.99 Beta.rar

Installation:

Extract files to your 'Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division 0.99 Beta' folder.
And don't forget to do reserve copies.

So these bunch of things to deliver Xmas spirit(wolf) into every ufo :)
Enjoy!
Any feedback about balance issues and bugs will be appreciated.

I believe the Plasma rifle Mk 2/3 images in the soldier loadout screen is incorrect.

The weapons.xml file has the correct file path (weapons/Plasma/plasmarifleMK3), however, inspecting the actual .png image, the mk 2 and mk 3 images are very different than the mk1.

the ground combat images (gui/weapons/Plasma/plasmarifleMK3.png) are a consistent shape across all versions, with only color differences.

Pardon me for asking as I'm not too familiar with mods and Xenonauts, but are the mods that are on by default in the Community Edition all compatible with X-Division, or only some? I turned on only COM - Ambient Sounds from the menu, so everything else left to 'Yes' wasn't done by me.

I know some of these mods are cosmetic, but I just wanted to ask if there's anything from the vanilla install here that absolutely busts the mod here.

X-Division 0.99.44

Installation:

1. The Base for this patch has to be version 0.99.4 or higher. This update is not available for versions lower than 0.99.4
  2. Download the X-Division 0.99.44 Update: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/31-x-division-latest-patch-09944/ ( MD5: e3d8ac00f45b738757b038349fffa273 )
  3. Deactivate your ANTIVIRUS program, it can intervene with the installation. As soon as the installation finishes you can activate it again.
  4. Follow the instruction of the installer
  5. After you have used the installer there is no need to change ANYTHING anymore, everything has been taken care of, including scripts, modloader priority, and everything else you may think of. The only time you might want to change something is if you are activating/deactivating No Airgame or change the soldier models. Enjoy :).

DAY 502 Version 0.99.44 "Go easy, take this 2"

• 44. is a small update to the .43 version
  • quadrupled interior UFO walls hp
  • Increased front door hp for every UFO appropriately
  • Decreased manufacture requirements for the Phase 1 interceptor Asierus
  • Greatly deacreased terror site numbers for terror UFOs, except Phase 1
  • Halfed TU costs for axes
  • Put the reaction modifier for melee weapons into their tooltips, so people can see what niche they occupy
  • recoded the bomber corvette layout

Have a Merry Xmas for you and your families :) and good holiday gaming ^^.

Edited by Charon

On 26.12.2017 at 1:55 PM, rascher said:

Why do lines have different colors? What's the difference?

This version of diagram contains several errors. Dont use it. Soon, maybe tomorrow, i will fix and update it for 99.44. And i'll create a separate topic.

Edited by JoshT
correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoshT said:

This version of diagram contains several errors. Dont use it. Soon, maybe tomorrow, i will fix and update it for 99.44. And i'll create a separate topic.

I always thought that classical diagram style wasnt enough clearification and that simply reading the research file gives better answers than any diagram. So how about putting the different researches in categories, like "Weapons" "Interrogation" "Vehicles" "Aircraft". Clicking on the research gives the prerequisities, which should also be clickable.

Unbenannt.png

Or if that isnt doable, make it so that the small window down left actually pulls the connected researches together, easily readable.

Thx for making diagrams for X-Division :).

Edited by Charon

BUG reports - 

Hi Guys, have  one  ARCTIC mission and get always a app crash. Ttried  loading  before landing save and get new map  but it always crash  ( look to be related to the local forces - human actions ) So its enough if i send the SAVE game or ? Can you guide me where and what to upload ?    

X99.44 update.. 

Edited by wishgranter

why when i shot the enemy it hit but no damage number appeared? is it shield or what? especially xenomorph, sometime its explode when killed sometime its not, can someone explain xeno to me? first time dealing with those creepy creature. and why ballistic shotgun feels so weak even at pointblank range? or it is just shield? sorry for posting here, there is no wikia about this mod so i can find any tips out there. thanks for the mod