[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

I tried, as you said, lightning bolt and fireball(are we at fantasy territory already)

Lightning Bolt is kind of work. Fireball is a bit animated but you will never see that even though it already oversized. I think animation of projectiles is not needed.

assets: https://mega.nz/#!BUwmURjB!Scsyf_Hs3VN-njW8rKYWyvQt1ljXTk21nW47krIdWe4

Edited by Z01

13 hours ago, Z01 said:

I tried, as you said, lightning bolt and fireball(are we at fantasy territory already)

Lightning Bolt is kind of work. Fireball is a bit animated but you will never see that even though it already oversized. I think animation of projectiles is not needed.

Even the projectile is not needed as animation, they are much better then we use. I think we don't need any animated projectiles anymore . But the ground hit effects and explosions are the real place they shine. Just maybe we can have a plasma with tail as animated projectile. Like ghe default but with better light. 

If you can create some non animated projectiles for lasers and phasers. Large and small versions, it could be nice. 

But still I am waiting this kind if explosions of the old ones u did. 

Edited by drages

Okay in a game without ambient sounds active, and  after playing though two solid in game months, with 20+ missions, I have had no crashes.    I have had a crash again when I played on a jungle map.   Where I tried to load the beginning of combat autosave, and things did not completely load.

I also have never had problems with autosaves or quicksaves except for on this map (and maybe with other maps when ultimate ambient sounds is active).  Really, autosave and quicksave work  great everywhere else.

20 hours ago, NuclearStudent said:

Hello! I used to be here a while ago. To be honest, I never played X-Division because I had an illegal copy of Xenonauts, but I was involved in X-Division a bit.

What's going on?

What's going on? The best mod for Xenonauts is what's going on!

Go get $10 or whatever this costs on steam / GoG and then install this mod (I also don't want to hear anything about; poor uni student / homeless / out of work stories etc. Just make it happen!), then you'll see how far it has come since what it looked like years ago.

@drages I'm still going to get you that save file, I've just been really busy on Path of Exile at the moment, before the current league ends :) will post it up in the next few days.

@Z01 Those splash effects look awesome! Nice work man :)

Edited by Sectiplave

1 minute ago, Sectiplave said:

What's going on? The best mod for Xenonauts is what's going on!

Go get $10 or whatever this costs on steam / GoG and then install this mod (I also don't want to hear anything about; poor uni student / homeless / out of work stories etc. Just make it happen!), then you'll see how far it has come since what it looked like years ago.

@drages I'm still going to get you that save file, I've just been really busy on Path of Exile at the moment, before the current league ends :) will post it up in the next few days.

Don't worry, i am in deep design on melees for now anyway.. i got very nice surprises.. like robo-reap... ehem.. anyway.. so..

18 minutes ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

Okay in a game without ambient sounds active, and  after playing though two solid in game months, with 20+ missions, I have had no crashes.    I have had a crash again when I played on a jungle map.   Where I tried to load the beginning of combat autosave, and things did not completely load.

I also have never had problems with autosaves or quicksaves except for on this map (and maybe with other maps when ultimate ambient sounds is active).  Really, autosave and quicksave work  great everywhere else.

Nice to hear that.. its probably a problem with that maps and their own sounds..

On 11/9/2016 at 9:24 PM, Z01 said:

I also sorted out scaling issue - it somehow correlates with dimensions of first frame so it more consistent now.

Can you explain this a bit to me? Can we control the size? I wanted to use some of your plume (lightning plume for a lightning explosion.. needed 1.5 size of it)... when i use some they don't scale but others go 5 to 10 times bigger..

or much better, you can create some unique ones.. need some EMP and energy explosions.. sky fy style.. you remember your "strange" named one, so need more powerful one, with energy waves.. i can have grenade and high explosive versions.

Your effects gave me some cool ideas about important points of game, like making Androns only EMP vulnerable..

Thank you again.

Lets speak about macro balance. Long time ago i sell something for money because got enought support from governments due to total air superiority (i have 6 bases full of all needed). And i decide to check my store for stuff i can sell for curious.
It was about 30kk even without selling alien guns and tearing a part all live aliens and corpses for additional fibers...
1st phase and start of 2nd was tough, but in mid-2nd i start to snowball hard. Now i in mid-3.
So i think this measures may help to improve situation.

Increase prod. time of planes, especially for strongest(lotus).
-50% fibers from dsb.
-50% fiber sell cost.
+50% fiber prod. requirements for vehicles and armors.
-50% sell price for fallen fighters.
-small to sell prices of start ufo cores.
-many of end-game cores.

On 14.11.2016 at 11:25 AM, drages said:

Can you explain this a bit to me? Can we control the size? I wanted to use some of your plume (lightning plume for a lightning explosion.. needed 1.5 size of it)... when i use some they don't scale but others go 5 to 10 times bigger..

I say it somehow correlates not I fully understand math. If it smaller - it scale up more, and vise versa. You can  even reduce(or increase) w and h of first frame(reduce it in half and explosion will become two times biger, maybe, or something like this)  in xml without changing sprites, it maybe can create some artifacts but for one frame you will never see it, but I didn't tried this.   

I tested only two "explosions" with alien granade to make sure it didn't become too stretched. "plumes" was not mean to be stretched. 

Game alredy have emp blast

Edited by Z01

The advanced medipac currently wieghs more then a heavy machine gun. This is so heavy that I am assuming it is a bug, and it is making it hard to use equipment and train rookies. I would like to bring that wieght down to that of a regular medpac, but can'y figure out where in the mod files to change it.

28 minutes ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

The advanced medipac currently wieghs more then a heavy machine gun. This is so heavy that I am assuming it is a bug, and it is making it hard to use equipment and train rookies. I would like to bring that wieght down to that of a regular medpac, but can'y figure out where in the mod files to change it.

In weapons.xml - weapon.grenade.advancedmedipack, weight

and in weapons_gc.xml -     <Weapon MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="replace" name="weapon.grenade.advancedmedipack" bulletType="melee" emptySound="Empty Click 1">

Both changes are required.

Great mod. Very much looking forward to the full release, though it's already full of stuff!

To offer two points of criticism, if that's okay... first up, the load order is very confusing, as the list on page 1 doesn't start from 1 and in the same page you posted that the load order is incorrect. I found a load order on Nexus that I hope is correct, and while I know it's still in beta, having to look around just to find a simple load order is a massive thing that will turn off a lot of people who try this mod, myself almost included.

Second point - the grammar is definitely lacking in the Xenopedia entries, and it really destroys a lot of the immersion. I know it sounds like a silly thing to point out but it definitely pulls me out of the Xenonauts world when I'm reading a lot of "then" instead of "than" and a lot of misplaced punctuation is here, there and everywhere. I'm sure a run through with Word or something would dramatically help the situation, or if the entries are shown to someone who is particularly skilled at English.

Apart from that, I adore the mod and it's really made me love Xenonauts ten times more. Thanks a lot!

19 minutes ago, Salthos said:

To offer two points of criticism, if that's okay... first up, the load order is very confusing, as the list on page 1 doesn't start from 1 and in the same page you posted that the load order is incorrect. I found a load order on Nexus that I hope is correct, and while I know it's still in beta, having to look around just to find a simple load order is a massive thing that will turn off a lot of people who try this mod, myself almost included.

The heck ?

No, the OPs modloader is correct, as the OP is always correct in all things. I keep it up to date neat and tidy.

After that the first posts are from the 10th of august starting, the OP got updated on the 10th of Novemeber ( actually today ). Thats 3 months apart, which ones do you think are more up to date ?

No, the modloader on the nexus page is totally incorrect, thats another game ( 0.98 is not 0.99 ).

Updated the OP with your suggestions.

29 minutes ago, Salthos said:

Second point - the grammar is definitely lacking in the Xenopedia entries, and it really destroys a lot of the immersion. I know it sounds like a silly thing to point out but it definitely pulls me out of the Xenonauts world when I'm reading a lot of "then" instead of "than" and a lot of misplaced punctuation is here, there and everywhere. I'm sure a run through with Word or something would dramatically help the situation, or if the entries are shown to someone who is particularly skilled at English.

Its not about skill, its about working hands. I could write the whole Xpedia in one go but who codes the game than ? Apply if you want to steadily help finishing those entries :).

31 minutes ago, Salthos said:

Apart from that, I adore the mod and it's really made me love Xenonauts ten times more. Thanks a lot!

Thank you :).

MULIGAN is starting his long and hard journey towards world domination ... i mean towards saving the planet or failing to do so. His hardships will know no bounds, his ragequit temptations no limits and his money will propably neither XD.

Wish him luck on his journey to fullfill mankinds destiny or go down in a glorious blaze of flames and scorched corpses.

All the best to you, commander muligan.

At last someone who plays X-Division with a voice, eh :) ?

We are thinking of speeding the next patch up a bit to make the game even better looking and sounding for this playthrough. So stayed tuned for that.

• Like 1

Hello :)

first ... great mod! loving it!

Now my question: Somehow I am not able to research Laser MK3 Rifle, Carbine, Minigun ... but I do have Precision, Pistol and Gatling Laser MK3. Am I missing a specific alien, cause I stunned them all -.-

Cheers Isso

42 minutes ago, Issoy said:

Hello :)

first ... great mod! loving it!

Now my question: Somehow I am not able to research Laser MK3 Rifle, Carbine, Minigun ... but I do have Precision, Pistol and Gatling Laser MK3. Am I missing a specific alien, cause I stunned them all -.-

Cheers Isso

Hey thx

How are you use about stunning every aliens? Mk 3 tech is connected to may operators in base defense, base assault and terror zones. You probably miss some.