[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

1 hour ago, Charon said:

So far we are going to ban UAS ( ultimate ambient sound ) and maybe Xenonauts Fix Pack from the list. Some may have also reported issues with the Swamp and Tropical Map set. All of these things have just been added recently, so if you deactivate them and play with the official mod order stated in the OP there shouldnt be any issues.

I played a huge swamp tileset last night taking on a Phase 2 lander, by the end of the 30ish turns half the forrest was on fire and me and Sebillians had exchanged LOTS of bullets. Soo much was burning at the end of the alien turn, the game would actually pause for 1-2 seconds while it calculated the fire spread and which assets got destroyed.

However not a single crash, I wouldn't remove the Xenonauts Fix Pack and Swamp & Tundra Tileset until further testing has taken place, I played a few Tundra maps last night as well I know they were by @Policenaut as they have the ambient sounds built in and again, lots of bullet spam with Andron's and no crash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sectiplave said:

I played a huge swamp tileset last night taking on a Phase 2 lander, by the end of the 30ish turns half the forrest was on fire and me and Sebillians had exchanged LOTS of bullets. Soo much was burning at the end of the alien turn, the game would actually pause for 1-2 seconds while it calculated the fire spread and which assets got destroyed.

However not a single crash, I wouldn't remove the Xenonauts Fix Pack and Swamp & Tundra Tileset until further testing has taken place, I played a few Tundra maps last night as well I know they were by @Policenaut as they have the ambient sounds built in and again, lots of bullet spam with Andron's and no crash.

Good Feedback.

bug; Predator armor unable to equip Shock Cannon, this weapon says Heavy = Yes.

bug; Laser Rifle, no reload sound effect.

bug; Mag-Minigun Mk1, doesn't show up under Ultimate tab (doesn't show up at all)

bug: Enchanted shield doesn't block damage due to 0/150 at start of ground combat bug, shield gets destroyed on first hit making it useless.

Also one question Charon, what are the soldiers max stats now without any special armor on? The stat maximums seem higher now.

Edited by Sectiplave

5 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

bug: Enchanted shield doesn't block damage due to 0/150 at start of ground combat bug, shield gets destroyed on first hit making it useless.

You can save equipment with shield as default and load it, shield will be repaired.

6 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Also one question Charon, what are the soldiers max stats now without any special armor on? The stat maximums seem higher now.

<!-- Soldiers develop their attributes by using them. Each time the soldier performs a certain action, he will gain a "progress point" in that attribute. Once he reaches the "pointsToProgress" value, the attribute will increase by one point. These progress points are cumulative and are stored from mission to mission. -->

<APProgress       pointsToProgress="250" maxPointsInSingleBattle="1000" globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress point is earned every time a soldier spends a TU on a mission" />

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="20"  maxPointsInSingleBattle="40"  globalMaxProgress="150" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight" />

<accuracyProgress pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="2"   globalMaxProgress="150" comment="Points are given when a soldier attempts to fire at a valid hostile enemy within weapon range * 1.5" />

<reflexesProgress pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="2"    globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress point is gained when a soldier performs a Reaction Fire test (it doesn't matter whether he passes or fails it)" />

<braveryProgress  pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="2"    globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress point is earned whenever a soldier panics in battle" />

<resilienceProgress pointsToProgress="5" globalMaxProgress="97" comment="A progress points is earned every time the soldier gets a skillup in any other attribute" />
  </soldierDevelopment>

Bugs, reports, fixes, balances.. all coding and checking.. 

But the question is... what is Drages doing at those times? He does not fix anything, he does not code.. he is answering some questions and what?...

Those are boring me :)... i am preparing new things for your enjoyment!... 

For people who thinks terror missions are hard.. lets see future terror sites previews..

Xenonauts 5.11.2016 18_51_46.png

A terror site with Xenomorphs... The fun part is even it's night, you don't have any problem.. why?

Xenonauts 5.11.2016 18_54_44.png

Because you won't need to get any aim or visual range penalty because they will come to you at next turn..

What a nice game mechanic to make the night missions "easier" right?... right?..

As a bonus, the fight takes only 3 turn, so it's so good for people who don't like long fights..

Everything for you from X-Division!

Edited by drages

On 2.11.2016 at 9:22 PM, drages said:

Yes please do that.

Hey Drages,

please see attached files. Always when I want to load the the quicksave a second time in game the screen freezes. I can load it only once when I freshly start the game, than it is possible to load it. After I have loaded it and try to load it a second time the game crashes and I have to logout/restart my computer.

I will delete the internal folder again and deactivate the  Ultimate Ambient Sounds (UAS)  pack as someone posted here and see what happens and if it "fix" the problem again. I really want to finish this crash site.... keep finger crossed. ;-)  

Quicksave.sav

GCOMBAT 4.sav

1 minute ago, Subcode said:

Hey Drages,

please see attached files. Always when I want to load the the quicksave a second time in game the screen freezes. I can load it only once when I freshly start the game, than it is possible to load it. After I have loaded it and try to load it a second time the game crashes and I have to logout/restart my computer.

I will delete the internal folder again and deactivate the  Ultimate Ambient Sounds (UAS)  pack as someone posted here and see what happens and if it "fix" the problem again. I really want to finish this crash site.... keep finger crossed. ;-)  

Quicksave.sav

GCOMBAT 4.sav

Charon is testing the game heavy and he did not get any crash. Yes deactivate UAS and don't trust to quicksaves.

1 minute ago, Subcode said:

Thats an XCE issue, not ours.

2 minutes ago, Subcode said:

Guys, as a rule, never activate or deactivate things while you are on a crashsite, same for installing/deinstalling things.

If you want to finish the mission simply load up the Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe and "V" as described in the OP in the category Known Bugs. Its now situated in the main Xenonauts folder.

So I've attached a screen of my modfolder settings and load priority - unfortunately it seems to freeze for the second time as soon as I play more than 1 turn on a jungle mission.

The last time it occurred, I had to load up the geoscape save before I hit the ground with gc_loader and win with 'V' to workaround the freeze.

I've had another mission today in the jungle, and as soon as I'm either done or try to load a save after 2-3 turns, the game just freezes.

---

Holy mother of xeno - what are my eyes seeing in the terror mission screenshots. Let's reconsider the nuke strike on that city... :D

---

Another question. Is the anti-material rifle mk-1 supposed to be a '1-shot' weapon?

mloader.PNG

19 minutes ago, nedm said:

So I've attached a screen of my modfolder settings and load priority - unfortunately it seems to freeze for the second time as soon as I play more than 1 turn on a jungle mission.

The last time it occurred, I had to load up the geoscape save before I hit the ground with gc_loader and win with 'V' to workaround the freeze.

I've had another mission today in the jungle, and as soon as I'm either done or try to load a save after 2-3 turns, the game just freezes.

So this problem seem to occur specifically for jungle maps ? I cant really see anything wrong here other than that Charons mod is totally out of position, it should be #1.

Try to deactivate the Ambience Forest mod and see if it changes something.

21 minutes ago, nedm said:

Another question. Is the anti-material rifle mk-1 supposed to be a '1-shot' weapon?

Elaborate.

Ambience forest mod is not active on tropical or swamp maps. Bad load orders shouldn't cause crashing in Xenonauts compared to the Bethesda Gamebryo/Creation engine for example. It can cause features of one mod overwriting another if they replace the same thing, but that's about it.

Most tropical and swamp maps are larger than the maps in other tilesets, a lot of things can catch on fire and they have ambient sounds. The combination seems to cause freezing issues for some people, but not for others, which seems to indicate it might be related to system specs? Loading ground combat saves (especially quick and autosaves) can also cause freezing either during load or when you complete the mission and click OK to return to the Geoscape.

If you experience freezing try completing ground combat missions in one go and don't use quick or autosaves.

51 minutes ago, Policenaut said:

Ambience forest mod is not active on tropical or swamp maps. Bad load orders shouldn't cause crashing in Xenonauts compared to the Bethesda Gamebryo/Creation engine for example. It can cause features of one mod overwriting another if they replace the same thing, but that's about it.

Thats absolutely not true.

I'm unsure how, but I was able to research the anti-material technology. After researching a few guns, they are pretty much useless compared to the energy or ballistic equivalents, due to the magazine size.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794847344

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794847282

Edited by nedm

2 hours ago, nedm said:

I'm unsure how, but I was able to research the anti-material technology. After researching a few guns, they are pretty much useless compared to the energy or ballistic equivalents, due to the magazine size.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794847344

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794847282

The feature of antimatter weapons are their unconditional mitigation, so they have their drawbacks and advantages.

Edited by Charon

Just entered the start of Phase3, I was prepared for the air game and I am doing okay at generating some crash sites (at the price of getting my own planes shot down) but the ground combat is providing very challenging when it comes time to storm the command room, I'm not sure what gun it was but there is a thunder cannon or something that fires 10 shots doing 30-40 damage and 50+ stun per hit, making AlphaWolf armor feel like paper!

The challenge is good, I'm not saying that it should be made easier at all :)

Balance; At high stats and with AlphaWolf armor soldiers have 20+ tile throw range and 120%+ accuracy on grenades (if nothing is in the way) is it possible to cap throwing accuracy to 95% like shooting? Just so there is always a chance to go off target?