[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

12 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Just a handful of missions into the game, I've been having a large number of stopped responding errors mainly in battlescape. The AI seems good so far, Caesans are very accurate which is scary early on, and Sebillians are making use of cover more often. The open ship doors seem to function like Vanilla Xenonauts now, with aliens often staying just inside the doors or popping out from time to time to snipe your soldiers, I like it!

I attached a save where I was getting some game stopped responding crashes from moving soldier around the map.

I'll post up more things as I find it :)

BUGS Playthrough started 23/10/2016 Version 0.99.31

No corpse showing In Battlescape killed red armored Sebillian (weapons) gun is on ground but no corpse in inv.
Battlescape freeze Random freeze when shooting enemy, force close required.
Load game freeze Random freeze when loading a battlescape game, as soon as you click load from menu.
X-pedia image Ballistic rifle image needs to be updated to new weapon art.
X-pedia image It is super pixelated / zoomed in, needs to be resized.
Battlescape freeze Freeze while moving troops around battlefield.
Geoscape freeze Random freeze after completing ground mission.

Quicksave.sav

GC works fine for me, but the GC to Geoscape load produces a crash for me. Could be that i have different mods on thought.

I had probably 7-8 crashes in Battlescape over 4 missions, so something seems a bit off. I am going to do a fresh install and start again just to be safe.

@sfarrelly In this version the Ballistic weapon images have changed in the battlescape to new artwork which isn't reflected in the X-pedia.

@Charon Yes that's right it's just visual I still get credit for the weapons officer corpse.

Will see how things go with a fresh install.

On a side note is it XCE update that has made the game load faster and the battlescape animations look smoother?

Edited by Sectiplave

7 minutes ago, Sectiplave said:

On a side note is it XCE update that has made the game load faster and the battlescape animations look smoother?

Exactly. Animations work much better.. I don't know what solver did but the game works as intended now.

Please do that install and return to us with only X-Division and charon advised mods. I feared when i get same error from 2 people as that freezing problem. There should be no freezing code for X-Division but new things and combinations could make something buggy too. We don't want to have that kind of strange bugs :)..

Me and charon played the game a bit more from your save game and we dont have that kind of many things, only 1 crash at loading your save for me but i dont have lore too..

About the art part of the mod, i am replacing some bad images here and there in the progress. I will handle all the X-pedia once i got enough replaces.

9 hours ago, drages said:

I finished it for 2. time. But you got +Lore mod too which there is no point to use it with our mod. Please try without it.

Or it could be a bad download, corrupted install too..

Yeah the crashes were very random I could not replicate it any specific way. Page 1 Charon's install instructions show Lore+ as active? Might be worth updating this if it's not needed. I run no other mods except ambient sounds which as far as I know shouldn't cause issues as Charon is running it also?

Performing fresh X-div install right now, will let you know how it goes. I also found one mod that might cause an issue this only showed up with XCE update I think (Xenonauts Fix Pack by pedr0) I've disabled this one as well just to be safe as well as Lore+ everything else is the same as picture on step.5 install instructions.

Update; completed 5 missions since fresh install and only had 1 crash when shooting at a Sebillian medic during my turn, everything else seems good now.

BUG; DSB info for UFO's is stating old parts, it looks like they give new parts now (internal systems etc.) also when searching corpses/KO aliens many do not appear on the ground (still get credit for them)

Feedback on AI; confirmed they melee attack vehicles and they do a good job of it too! EMP damage is very scary too, Caesan with lightning weapons can really hurt the Defender.

Edited by Sectiplave

4 hours ago, Sectiplave said:

Update; completed 5 missions since fresh install and only had 1 crash when shooting at a Sebillian medic during my turn, everything else seems good now.

Good to hear, although sounds like there's an issue with medic. We'll check up on it.

BUG; DSB info for UFO's is stating old parts, it looks like they give new parts now (internal systems etc.)

I spent yesterday adding all of the new manufacture descriptions, i'll be going through the x-pedia entries today, so consider that one fixed ;) 

also when searching corpses/KO aliens many do not appear on the ground (still get credit for them)

@Charon is dealing with this one.

Feedback on AI; confirmed they melee attack vehicles and they do a good job of it too! EMP damage is very scary too, Caesan with lightning weapons can really hurt the Defender.

:D 

COuld you guys post an updated screen shot of the installed mods we are supposed to have and their order.   The latest CE update seems to have added a couple and I am not sure of the order. Right now there is 5 different mods that start with X:CE, and there is Xenonaughts fix pack. Is that fix pack supposed to be at the top of everything.  X:CE Steam pack also seems to be a new one and I am not sure where that one goes. And is there any problem with the new swamp and tropical tile set?

I disabled everything what is not in the op load order and didn't see crashes so far - I think I reached second phase - my squad was wiped on crazy terror and my Huoston base was raided and destroed(rookies and laser defence didn't help) 

I desabled  map packs not from load list (xce extra and tropics) but lore+ is enbaled and it's stable. 

Edited by Z01

7 hours ago, Sir_Dr_D said:

The latest CE update seems to have added a couple and I am not sure of the order. Right now there is 5 different mods that start with X:CE, and there is Xenonaughts fix pack. Is that fix pack supposed to be at the top of everything.  X:CE Steam pack also seems to be a new one and I am not sure where that one goes. And is there any problem with the new swamp and tropical tile set?

We are guessing as much as you do. However this is my loading order and it runs stable so far:

Modlauncher .31.png

7 hours ago, Z01 said:

I disabled everything what is not in the op load order and didn't see crashes so far - I think I reached second phase - my squad was wiped on crazy terror and my Huoston base was raided and destroed(rookies and laser defence didn't help) 

I desabled  map packs not from load list (xce extra and tropics) but lore+ is enbaled and it's stable. 

Thx for the feedback, sounds great that everything runs so smoothly. Maybe the freezes originate from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Thanks for quick response.  Still hard to read because it's blurry and printing is not dark but I can make it out.  What are 1-10 on the list since they are not shown.

1-12. They are not important as everything which is not on this list should be deactivated, except if you know what you are doing.

1 hour ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Thanks for quick response.  Still hard to read because it's blurry and printing is not dark but I can make it out.  What are 1-10 on the list since they are not shown.

This pic might be a little easier to read. anything not shown is not activated as Charon said.

modloader.png

11 minutes ago, Pandi said:

In manufacture (phase 1) things totally messed up. Possible dissasemble tasks move to separate tab?

Can you give us some more information on this. Even posting a screenshot of your manufactures tab showing the problem.

Categories are being worked on.

4 minutes ago, Pandi said:

3DFLrsv.jpg

All things in one big pile=) 4+ screens of stuff and more coming in future. New items adds in order of appearance.

Thanks. We're working on making new categories at present which will clear up a lot of that (was only made possible recently by X:CE 34.2). Unfortunately, each category list (middle panel) will still be populated by the order in which you unlock it, we can't change that.

8 minutes ago, Solver said:

You would be able to, had you thought of this earlier!

Everybody chill.

During the work with the preview the chronological order of the middle plane was brought to your attention as a side comment by another user on this forum. Neither did we press this issue as more important ones were ... more important ( retake countries, more bases, 0 cd terror bug ).

Even talking about it now would mean we have to talk about an potential alphabetical order which is against our wishes, meaning it would potentially lead to an order we do not wish to have.
The custom categories will sort them good enough with the advantage that the latest manufactures will be on the bottom.

I drew some impact effects sprites(particle folder). It not necessary improvement - most of the time it's not. It more me experimenting with animation.  

Anyway - I just want to share it maybe someone will be intrested. 

https://mega.nz/#!pFBDSDTL!w6jtXLEvQINhA7xoKunR3eeSwYo8ivoq49QpO6nVuCw

I included weapons_gc because I changed  some sniper and havy laser to a bit diiferent then small guns animation. For testing and just because. Other then that it the same division file.   

license is WTFPL

42 minutes ago, Z01 said:

I drew some impact effects sprites(particle folder). It not necessary improvement - most of the time it's not. It more me experimenting with animation.  

Anyway - I just want to share it maybe someone will be intrested. 

https://mega.nz/#!pFBDSDTL!w6jtXLEvQINhA7xoKunR3eeSwYo8ivoq49QpO6nVuCw

I included weapons_gc because I changed  some sniper and havy laser to a bit diiferent then small guns animation. For testing and just because. Other then that it the same division file.   

license is WTFPL

I looked to the effects and they are very nice and creative. I did not test them at battlefield yet. The most important part is, the art style should fit to the game, blend very well with all things.

I would like to see more particles, effects, projectiles like those.. i am so limited at ballistic projectiles mostly and dont forget that, projectiles could be animations too...

Just my 2 cents to add - due to RL I have only played for about 3-4h so far and I had no freezes/crashes thus far.

AI - much better, hiding/sniping/not charging you like crazy (without shooting), also it seems they have got their aim boosted? It feels like it (playing Ironman Veteran)

Melee guys are attacking my cars and EMP is devastating to them (well done!)

Also, I believe that leaving UFOs door open was a good idea - it is much more random now, previously when I cleared the whole map, I was using the same trick to clear UFO on and on, it was getting boring...

I will report other things as soon as RL allows me to...

Thanks and keep up making a great thing perfect.

7 minutes ago, Suave said:

AI - much better, hiding/sniping/not charging you like crazy (without shooting), also it seems they have got their aim boosted? It feels like it (playing Ironman Veteran)

Yes, by a great chunk i think, +25% - +60%.

10 minutes ago, Suave said:

Also, I believe that leaving UFOs door open was a good idea - it is much more random now, previously when I cleared the whole map, I was using the same trick to clear UFO on and on, it was getting boring...

:)

1 hour ago, Suave said:

Just my 2 cents to add - due to RL I have only played for about 3-4h so far and I had no freezes/crashes thus far.

Nice to hear that about AI.. I buffed their aim to make them more shoot. Now the armor is very important and you need to take more cover even, you need to hide yourself totally. I will buff the xenonauts armors if needed too. I want to see more a battlefield with not necessary deaths. 

Your reports are so important for us because of full time modding, we just can't play it :)..