[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

@stem111

Let me answer some of them

- First core will be used at research to understand and learn it. And its a game engine fact, every first item used at research.. its logical i think..

- Storeroom, we don't have a fix for it.. maybe future XCE.. maybe

- Bases comes often.. it could be balanced.

- The AI can go nuts at closed places for big alien units.. but at open places they are fine as they can.

- Terror repeating will be solved with next XCE we hope.

- It was a wrong code at AI, very little thing to make them go near you.. i fixed it but not released the patch yet. Melee units like reapers, some of them jump on you for reason, because they are stupid aggresive creatures.. but others hiding.. but still that lame code did most of the craziness..

- More civillian more reapers more zombies, yeah walking dead style missions because it's "terror" :)

- Every phase weapon got mk1-2-3 and other phase got another weapon.. so your suggestion is not right for the system we created.. if you cant finish all mk's you will just go to next phase weapon.. you can't have all..

- Every phase is 3 months about and they are slowly beginning 1 month ago.. if we make it longer, i could be boring.. but we can balance it after some patches and mod totally finished.

- 12 alien in cruiser command room? this is madness :).. AI will be revised more and more.. we will make new nits and some rules will be changed because of the new things with new XCE.. but about doors.. maybe we can open little ufos doors..

Other things are still at testing period.. everything is at testing. But this reports help us so much..

Mod is created for veteran difficult. At veteran everything is 1:1. So normal difficult could missleading for us because aliens are weaker. 

thx again..

1 hour ago, Lament said:

If aliens will freely attack tanks, I do feel they should have their hitpoint at least doubled. Too easy to get destroyed. Especially considering how many enemy tanks you come up against that have tons and tons of HP

Of course the vehicles will have buff but they won't have same hp for sure. You still got your brain vs AI and you can use many strategies against alien vehicles. And vehicles got already OP weapons i think so we will see..

Disagree with stem111.  Money will be a problem until you start winning...if you don't win early you will lose too much to continue successfully.  Like the idea of recapturing territory that was lost because terror missions all went wrong...Alien Alloy and alenium are always in short supply.  Right now I have tons of cores (except energy--because too few ceasan missions) but I cannot build mk2 weapons because I don't have enough Alien Alloy or Alenium.  And the air game is impossible for those of us who don't make good pilots in 2 dimensions.   Even the easy air game become impossible because I cannot build the latest planes because of missing parts.

8 hours ago, Lament said:

If aliens will freely attack tanks, I do feel they should have their hitpoint at least doubled. Too easy to get destroyed. Especially considering how many enemy tanks you come up against that have tons and tons of HP

With 0.34.2, your vehicles will be vulnerable to EMP damage. This means "harmless" caesan stun weapons aka lightning and thunder series will hurt vehicles much more then your soldiers..

We will put special melee creatures with EMP damage to be a real danger for the vehicles. These all new things will take away all your advantages against aliens with vehicle using. 

We are sad for you.. (not so much to be honest :P)

something i really wanted in this game was a enemie like the POPPER from the XCOMM APOCALYPSE.....is you dont remember this little fella, it was a small critter with kind of average hp but slighty higher speed and TUs and he attack method was solely a burst of plasma and fluids from his little cutie heart.....in other words it EXPLODE ITSELF hoping to take some of your guys with him....idk but i kind of miss those kamikaze melee units. It added another degree in the battlescape....its a shame the game was easily exploitable and other desing tactics make this enemy a little cunkly , a nice concept but bad implemented...like the game itself :( .

8 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

Disagree with stem111.  Money will be a problem until you start winning...if you don't win early you will lose too much to continue successfully.  Like the idea of recapturing territory that was lost because terror missions all went wrong...Alien Alloy and alenium are always in short supply.  Right now I have tons of cores (except energy--because too few ceasan missions) but I cannot build mk2 weapons because I don't have enough Alien Alloy or Alenium.  And the air game is impossible for those of us who don't make good pilots in 2 dimensions.   Even the easy air game become impossible because I cannot build the latest planes because of missing parts.

I haven't been able to replicate the situation you describe in my three campaigns of 0.99.X. Past the first 3 weeks of the campaign I have always had more Alloys and funding than I could spend without trying to push for 4+ bases in the first month. So I have to disagree with this and state that the current resource balance is still too easy. My game play feedback based on what you describe and what I know of the mod so far, is that it sounds like the issues you describe stem from low performance in the air game and/or insufficient global detection of UFO's combined with interception abilities.

I agree that the air-game is extremely punishing! There is also an expectation that turn based strategy game players will engage in trial and error testing to solve the situations the game throws at them with the tools they have available, this pushes the player to learn the mechanics and test the tools on hand. In my experience with early air game, you are definitely going to get aircraft shot down, this is the expectation, you also will need to completely ignore the auto-resolve button, as manual interception will always net better results. My recommendation is to as fast as possible setup 7 hangars in your first base, and employ 3 interceptor type craft; Cannons and/or Normal hard points and 3 bomber craft the ones with heavy hardpoints. This template should then be replicated as the minimum across each new base you construct. Research and manufacture should put priority on aircraft weapons, once you have aircraft weapons appropriate to the Phase of the game, your combats can be won much easier.

Give this approach a try and see how things pan out, you can win many air combats simply via brute force with this method as once you have 3+ bases ready you can send multiple waves of fighters or bombers. There is currently no financial or resource penalty if your craft get shot down, so you will have to accept that your craft will get shot down and may not be ready for the next UFO wave.

11 hours ago, drages said:

Of course the vehicles will have buff but they won't have same hp for sure. You still got your brain vs AI and you can use many strategies against alien vehicles. And vehicles got already OP weapons i think so we will see..

Yeah the vehicle balance will be really nice, it's currently optimal to pilot your vehicle right next to enemies and then one shot them. This is especially amazing with the mech walkers, I was one shotting my way through the Alien Fortress :D so yeah maybe some more balance down the line.

Actually i like have to sending multiple figthers wings in order to defeat heavy Ufos...Specially  losing planes in the procces, it gives the feel you are countering ufo waves....with FIGHTER WAVES!, i even think planes should be pemarnently destroyed if it get shoot....with a chance to recover the plane (just like soldiers in ground combat, taking in consideration OVERKILL...so a plane destroyed by a burst of alien rapid cannon have more probability of survive than a plane shooted by a plasma torpedo or something like that), this way early planes(condors) must be reeplaced continously....advanced planes should have higher recovery rates (being stated that the use of allien alloys make the planes frames to be easier to recover and repair with the power of friendship and love and stuff) this way i think early phase could be more balanced...right now you spend too little money in planes , this would give you extra pressure , using this condors could keep their actual price (10k IIRC).

About "materials" i also think you have way too many AA and Aleniums, after first month you have enough AA to bathe your childrens and grand childrens in them LOL...you should increase cost in early phase(this feels more in phase two...i havent reached phase 3 per se, and obviously neither phase 4 xD) .

(also just because im a little bitch who enjoys to nitpick and being a pain in the ass) i would like you also INCREASE the numbers of AA you get in every UFO like..idk shuttles give you 40 AA(to say something), weapons cost like....eh 4 or 5 AA (again just a number, im even ok to using 10-15) but bigger proyects cost MORE AA, like 100-150 a plane or something(just an example, but i think it would be more obvious,intuitive and balanced if you spend like tenth times the materials in a plane than in a weapon, this would help if you decide to make early planes expendable too, so you have to decide in upgrading your troops into mk2, or manufacturing your losses in planes because the aircombat is though)...what i mean its try to make the AA and alenium proportionate in some way with weight or size or something xD, right now is kind of silly you spend 2-5 AA in a weapons and 15 in a shrike (lol) , i know this is like a rework in all numbers and drops to balance all stuff...but its just an idea :p

• Like 1

I was doing good playing on normal. When i was on phase 3, i couldnt win any air battle. I play always on autoresolve, i had 0% to win.

I had just 2 starting types of plains, my question is how to get better planes? 

I understand how to have better weapons, but i dont have clue how to build better planes. I have some new weapons for planes, but obv. thats not enough. 

Also , like someone already said, there are so many aliens to capture, it would be good that we have list somewhere in the game, that says what type of aliens we still have to capture.

Tnx for really great mod.

Edited by Redsky

In the final version of the X-Division, will the final mission (Operation Endgame) be changed in any way?

I watched Muligan's final episode of him playing this mod and I felt dissapointment. If the final mission was a custom super UFO battleship-like map or an super hard alien base attack, that would be far more interesting and challenging as the final mission.

@Sectiplave

@Reactorcore

Are you alive? Nice to see you.

We got some serious plans for end game. We just go one by one so with phases because end game is just end and who would want to finish a great mod like X division ? Heh

To be honest I never finished the game and I watched it first time at that videovide because as the end mission we need to have everything done to build that mission again. And I just like to experience the game rather then finishing it. But everything has a beginning has an end.

Now X division is at a milestone because first time, we will get some very important special xce support from solver. Before this we tried to make something what we got, now we will have what we need.

I can see that the materials are rich at game play as AA and alenium. We will use them more at more placesManufacture will be revised with new options we have. Everything you loot , but everything from the ammo to corpses will be part of the manufacture and research line.

Mechs are one shooting aliens. Give me some ideas how to balance them please. What could a mech have advantage and disadvantage?

Vehicle vs melee combat will totally change, there will be anti vehicle melee enemies. This will balance the game very well I think. Nobody will be safe.

Anyway, next patch will be huge.

@Redsky

You probably miss all the ufo core disassembles and more. I don't know why. You need to read xpedias to understand the mechanics. You can see the lists which you need to capture too.

6 minutes ago, drages said:

We got some serious plans for end game. We just go one by one so with phases because end game is just end and who would want to finish a great mod like X division ? Heh

To be honest I never finished the game and I watched it first time at that videovide because as the end mission we need to have everything done to build that mission again. And I just like to experience the game rather then finishing it. But everything has a beginning has an end.

Thank you, I'm happy to hear that. I still follow the progress of this mod from time to time and am very excited to play the final version. I got burned out by crashes, errors and incomplete content and balancing, that I decided to wait for the mod to fully complete before playing it again. :)

I'm glad you explained how you see the development of the mod and the thoughts about not wanting it to end and instead to enjoy the journey, it really makes me understand better how you design and work.

Personally, I don't see a single campaign of X-Division being something I want to avoid. With the gigantic amount of content, the randomized maps, the random situations that you can have with aliens, the endless combinations of soldier loadouts, soldier stats, armors, vehicles, RNGJesus randomly calculating hits and misses of each shot and many many other things... it makes X-Division a mod I'd want to play many times. Something I could replay as a monthly routine for the rest of my life, possibly infinitely. It can truly be that good.

However, if there is no end game, no complete final arc that allows me to actually finish the game, I find the journey itself difficult to fully enjoy, knowing that the game will just eventually break due to bug or lead to an non-existent research project that I cannot continue progress from. Also having a final, epic "its now or nothing" challenge would greatly motivate me to try even harder and enjoy the game even more, knowing that the game will not let me down with a big grand finale, after which I can safely confirm that playthrough is officially over in a happy, satisfying way and I can happily start a new playthrough with new strategies and adventures.

I'll be waiting for the final version of the mod and be happy to make an epic playthrough log series with lots of pictures, massive gratitude and positive feedback once its out. :)

1 hour ago, drages said:

@Sectiplave

@Reactorcore

Now X division is at a milestone because first time, we will get some very important special xce support from solver. Before this we tried to make something what we got, now we will have what we need.

I can see that the materials are rich at game play as AA and alenium. We will use them more at more placesManufacture will be revised with new options we have. Everything you loot , but everything from the ammo to corpses will be part of the manufacture and research line.

Mechs are one shooting aliens. Give me some ideas how to balance them please. What could a mech have advantage and disadvantage?

Vehicle vs melee combat will totally change, there will be anti vehicle melee enemies. This will balance the game very well I think. Nobody will be safe.

Anyway, next patch will be huge.

@Redsky

You probably miss all the ufo core disassembles and more. I don't know why. You need to read xpedias to understand the mechanics. You can see the lists which you need to capture too.

drages - i disassemble some ufo cores with engineer group. but i didnt get options for new planes. i was reading xpedia , i like it a lot. but maybe because my english is not so great, i didnt get how to build new types of planes.

can anyone write me step by step just for the first new plane ? tnx. 

Edited by Redsky

@Redsky hopefully the following will help you.

All aircraft researches are unlocked by UFO cores. The first 2 new aircraft available are the Asierus and the Foxtrot.

Both require that you research alien alloys before you can can research the aircraft itself.

Asierus requires additionally shooting down an alien fighter (over land). It's datacore will be automatically researched within 24 hours.

Foxtrot requires additionally shooting down an alien scout (over land) and then successfully completing the ground mission to loot its datacore. It's datacore will be automatically researched within 24 hours.

So the steps for unlocking an asierus would be :

1. Shoot down an alien fighter over land.

2. Research alien alloys

3. Once both the alien alloys and the alien fighter research are complete you should have an option to research Asierus. Complete this research to unlock it in the manufacture tab.

4. To actually build it you'll require parts from UFO disassembly (so get more cores to make more aircraft).

It's actually quite surprising that you haven't unlocked any aircraft as alien alloys is required for virtually everything in the game (priority research) and shooting down and looting UFO's fills the other criteria.

Can you post a screenshot of your aircraft production tab and your research tab?

55 minutes ago, Reactorcore said:

Personally, I don't see a single campaign of X-Division being something I want to avoid. With the gigantic amount of content, the randomized maps, the random situations that you can have with aliens, the endless combinations of soldier loadouts, soldier stats, armors, vehicles, RNGJesus randomly calculating hits and misses of each shot and many many other things... it makes X-Division a mod I'd want to play many times. Something I could replay as a monthly routine for the rest of my life, possibly infinitely. It can truly be that good.

However, if there is no end game, no complete final arc that allows me to actually finish the game, I find the journey itself difficult to fully enjoy, knowing that the game will just eventually break due to bug or lead to an non-existent research project that I cannot continue progress from. Also having a final, epic "its now or nothing" challenge would greatly motivate me to try even harder and enjoy the game even more, knowing that the game will not let me down with a big grand finale, after which I can safely confirm that playthrough is officially over in a happy, satisfying way and I can happily start a new playthrough with new strategies and adventures.

I'll be waiting for the final version of the mod and be happy to make an epic playthrough log series with lots of pictures, massive gratitude and positive feedback once its out. :)

This is what we are fighting for.. To make the X-Division a non-dying game among the X-Coms, like the original Xcom did to me. We are planning to suppress even Xenonauts 2 with this mod. If Xenonauts 2 became another great X-Com clone, we transfer X-Division to it but i don't think so (not about X 2, i mean about transfering because it's 2D and somehow we can add things easier like new creatures and more.. at 3D, i dont think i could do the same). So as you said, this mod will become a game with the most depth tactical and if possible strategical X-Com experience.

We will do this. We will finish this. We will create something legendary. We got great writers, as i said Solver comes with big help, and many people too and this is without nexus upload..  and me and draku are creating a totally new race with ultra cool visuals and maybe abilities (as my avatar now). 

You are totally right about end game. Xenonauts end game is like other xcoms, meh.. another mission to end everything with a weak solution. We discussed this very much how to improve it as game and story wise. We will make it much more meaningful with new characters and story telling at Xpedia. But everything we are adding to the game got a big potential to change that end game so as you wait for a stable mod to play, we are waiting a finished as bugs and content product to end it.

Our biggest missing part is map making now.. I am preying for an awakening from old mapmakers for this game and join to our ranks. Without a mapmaker, sadly we can't create a new UFO or base building experience. We got so many ideas about base buildings but i don't give a start for them before a mapmaker joins us and create some new buildings..As a total conversation mod, we did not touch to buildings.. 

@Redsky

As the air game developer, owner and designer, @Charon can help you about this.

Tnx sfarrelly , I did open  Asierus and the Foxtrot . But for long time i have just them ( so i counted them as first 2 planes). But i cant open any other planes for many months. i  researched alien alloys. But i dont know why new airplanes dont show on my research. 

and with 2 asierus and 1 foxtrot , with new weapons on them ( i dont dig this airplane weapons, so i put some beam and new cannon with 30 rounds ) i have 0 % on autoresolve, even when i attack single alien plane scout. 

Right now im not at home, ill send you if you need something after 5 pm.

Edited by Redsky

If the final map could be just replaced with either an alien fortress map or a recolored battleship map, except with a special list of four-five times more aliens than their regular counterparts, plus the ultimate boss alien mastermind, then that would work 10000x better than a convoluted story map with special objectives.

It might seem like a cheap approach, but gameplay-wise it would be super satisfying.

Edited by Reactorcore

For me the air combat is unplayable...I am not good at air combat in 2 dimensions.  So I have to rely on auto-resolve...which I have NO chance of winning against the larger UFO's with just the Aserius and Foxtrot even with the Mag cannon.  I got the Consair and Sonya researched but cannot build them because of ONE missing part which I cannot seem to get no matter how many UFO's I capture and disassemble--Corvettes and smaller.  I can only beat the Reapers by using my tank as a blocking weapon--but I see that that is going away.  What I don't like is killing the zombies and getting full strength Reapers as a reward--usually right next to my men and before I can start firing at them.

2 hours ago, Larry Burstyn said:

For me the air combat is unplayable...I am not good at air combat in 2 dimensions.  So I have to rely on auto-resolve...which I have NO chance of winning against the larger UFO's with just the Aserius and Foxtrot even with the Mag cannon.  I got the Consair and Sonya researched but cannot build them because of ONE missing part which I cannot seem to get no matter how many UFO's I capture and disassemble--Corvettes and smaller.  I can only beat the Reapers by using my tank as a blocking weapon--but I see that that is going away.  What I don't like is killing the zombies and getting full strength Reapers as a reward--usually right next to my men and before I can start firing at them.

There is easy air airgame mod for that because i know that charons air game is hard and some people just dont like that hard air fights. So you can use it. That made for big win chance autosolves.

For reapers, you need to try other things like flamethrowers.

You should not stick at one way.. you need to change it for every combat, even inside the combat.

@Reactorcore

End game mission is heavily scripted, so it does not like any other mission in game. To change it we need to have a super mapmaker which knows everything about it. We can change the enemies but sadly not the map itself.

Dsb alien mass heavy crashes game....

is there possibly to group all alien weapons for dsb(to get balistic,energy etc cores)? there r to many recipes, i forced to work over tons of garbage i cant use.

need 3 recipes:

1-dsb energy weapon,2-dsb ballistic weapon,3-dsb toxic weapon.

or 12 : 1-dsb early enegy weapon 4 for 1 core,2-dsb basic energy 3 for 1 core... etc

ps: we need a possibility to return land(even it will cost 10 000 000$),It's not about the money.That aliens are hosted on our planet depresses me.

12 minutes ago, Nekonomimi said:

is there possibly to group all alien weapons for dsb(to get balistic,energy etc cores)? there r to many recipes, i forced to work over tons of garbage i cant use.

ps: we need a possibility to return land(even it will cost 10 000 000$),It's not about the money.That aliens are hosted on our planet depresses me.

No, sadly you can't just throw a manufacture to make them all. Why do you work for garbage? You need to have them new weapons. Or if you think you dont need them, just sell. After new manufacture UI at least wou will able to see all manufactures much more organized.

Returning land is something only Solver can help us. He is checking the code for it, if there is a way to add to the game without much effort. So it's on our possible list.. 

I use the easy air game and autosolver and I still don't win air battles against the larger UFO's.  I don't use the "simulation" air combat because I am terrible at it.  The Aserius and Foxtrot cannot handle anything larger than a corvette.  And I am missing the one part (basic controller) that only seems to show up on enemy UFO's AFTER I research the Convair or Sonya.

Still got the can't see my men in the cruiser problem....first and/or second level of the main saucer part is ALL BLACK....kind of hard to find the transporters that way and when I do I cannot see where my men transport to after they are all there (the level effectively goes all black--hard to target aliens when you CANNOT see them.  I lost 4 Aserius and 1 Foxtrot taking down the cruiser but cannot capture it because of the visibility problem.

And unless I change game configuration to get stronger troops they cannot carry any more than 1 weapon, 2 rounds ammo, and 1 armor (Direwolf is the best I got).  No grenades or other stuff.  I tried sending in 1 grenadier (nothing but incendiary grenades but that doesn't work because not enough of them when the zombies show up--takes 2-5 incendiary grenades per zombie unless they conveniently bunch up--and the zombies just become reapers.   I've managed to win almost all crashed UFO's (except cruiser for the above mentioned reason).

EDIT- It's the terror missions that are killing me.  reapers by the hundreds....and the civilians spend most of their time getting in the way.

Edited by Larry Burstyn
add some stuff about loses taking down the cruiser.

@Larry Burstyn - If you send 3x Foxtrots at a light cruiser, and then use manual interception, you do not need to touch a single button and you will down the Light Cruiser, you'll also get some or all of your Foxtrots downed (depending if you use Alenium Torp or Gravity Torp), but at least you'll have the crash site. The work around for the Cruiser battlescape is to use the Toggle Roofs button in the battlescape, it will allow you to see your soldiers inside, sometimes you need to press it multiple times to make the walls semi-visible but your troops and the aliens will be clearly visible.

I was the same, I was also terrible at air game and used easy air game, however I'm really glad I took the time to learn it. You can pause the air combat at any time allowing even very slow players the time to plan when to dodge a fighter or adjust their bombers destination. I recommend saving a game just before your 3 bombers intercept a ship and then test a bunch of different tactics when you engage it, reloading after each attempt until you feel you are comfortable engaging it.

I get the idea that you aren't investing the time or effort to learn the new mechanics and tools provided in X-Division. This mod really requires the player to abandon Vanilla Xenonauts tactics and learn this mod from scratch. Who knows maybe I'm wrong, maybe you aren't even reading any of my Posts Larry? If you are I hope something in there helped :)

@drages "Mechs are one shooting aliens. Give me some ideas how to balance them please. What could a mech have advantage and disadvantage?"

Well at this stage I wouldn't change the vehicle or mech weapons. The greatest advantage they have currently is that because melee enemies cannot really hurt them, it's easy to move them within a few tiles of the enemies and then fire a single burst of 20-40 shots that don't miss due to being within "point blank" range, resulting in massive damage with little risk to the vehicle itself. If melee aliens attack them and energy weapons can hurt them, then the player won't feel as confident to pilot vehicles into point blank range of enemies.

If players now need to use vehicles at further range, the low accuracy on their weapons will stop them from being one shot machines :) so I'd say leave the weapon balance until after the vehicle melee changes.

GRAPHICS: I found the Drake? (Phase 3 bomber that is blue camo style) was really bright compared to the other aircraft artwork, Also the updated base UI once you've researched advanced bases was again also a bit too bright in the colour theme. And lastly the Lancer image in the aircraft equip screen appears to be low resolution, it has jaggy lines and looks a bit blurry compared to how good the other aircraft look.

Edited by Sectiplave

a really nice feature could be that killing a zombie before the reaper can hatch , would result in a half-formed reaper...maybe some kind of younger version with less stats xD...idk how difficult is to code "hatching" according to the circumstance of the death (i read you can now use other stuff so it could end in the silly but hilarous case when you kill a zombie and it becomes a pretorian xenomorph xD).

btw, the only suggestion i have about terrors and reapers...is not about reapers itself but more about zombies...they have maybe too much hp so it becomes a bullet sponge , running to your soldiers, dying close to them most of the time and spawning the reapor in front on you (wich is a bullet sponge by itself xD) leading to those kind of frustrating scenarios when a zombie rush to your soldiers and dies close to your squad and hatch into another reaper and because you spend all your TUs to kill the zombie he can anhilate half your squad and then the process repeat.

TL;DR : reduce zombies HP to maybe half?

1) The bug with praetor reaction fire remains after applying the appropriate small patch. I  added my last save to this post. After I fire another shock rocket into the praetor I hear a reaction fire from somebody other (a laser rifle?) and then the game freezes. I think it is the moment the praetor is going to reaction fire. I hope I don't have to start the alien fortress assault from the very beginning?

2) Is it normal that being at phase 3 I still have only the default dropship? Thanks to the stun and shock rockets I captured many aliens alive and researched everything they gave to me but still no new dropship technology.

2.sav

Edited by a23s4a
some errors