Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.34.3] X-Division 0.99 Beta

1,898 posts in this topic

@Charon

Hi again, I really didn't want to bother you again with this one but it's actually stopping me from playing anymore, I'm not sure why on earth it's happening, but when I researched the "AdvancedLaserWeapons" tech my base turrets didn't auto upgrade, they are all still missile turrets and i can build a laser cannon for my hunter but it's not available to equip :-(

Interestingly this contrasts my previous issue with aircraft weapons, so I've been searching high and low for any XML conflicts, I did a fresh install prior to this and used the .41 update.

Modloader screenshot attached. Can you think of any reason why this might happen? And what steps can I do to debug this without hassling you?

modloader-1.png

modloader-2.png

Edited by jayc82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.9.2017 at 2:47 PM, C. jejuni said:

Just a quick question: are there benefits to catching the same unit type of alien twice, or can I resume to killing them on sight after catching a live specimen for vivisection?

Edit: Ok, already realised I get more ressources from "disassembling" live specimen.

7 times more ;). And there are a lot of different types of aliens everywhere. Keep your eyes open.

Edited by Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jayc82 Your modloader looks just like as it should be. Did you start a new game after the .41 update ( from the previously corrupted savegame because of the malicious Fix Pack ) ?

If you want to send me the logfile do

1. Start a new game
2. Enter a GC mission.
3. alt tab out of the game and send me the logfile from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts . You can attach it here.

 

PS: A proper bug report never bothers me. Handing in bug reports helps everybody to detect hard to find bugs and incompabilities.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Charon Yeah I started again after the upgrade, was doing quite well and was happy to get to laser weapons. FYI I haven't actually unlocked the laser pistol / rifle, etc yet, my first thought was to get my hunter weapon upgraded, was then that I noticed my turrets were still basic.

Here is the contents of my logfile after loading a ground combat mission:

Fri Sep 15 20:03:47 2017: Xenonauts, version .
Fri Sep 15 20:03:47 2017: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300
Fri Sep 15 20:04:12 2017: MOD ERROR: Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre
Fri Sep 15 20:04:12 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for units/xenovehicles/VEHICLE.HUNTER/VV.MACHINEGUN/vehicle_spectre.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.

Not much useful there just a complaint about a spectre which shouldn't be breaking anything in the game I guess.

Just in case I misunderstood you I started a new game, sped up time until I had a landing and then intercepted, this was all that was in the contents of the logfile:

Fri Sep 15 20:24:01 2017: Xenonauts, version .
Fri Sep 15 20:24:01 2017: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0300
Fri Sep 15 20:24:31 2017: MOD ERROR: There are multiple elements to update: Map
Fri Sep 15 20:24:31 2017: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for maps/farm/mapinfo.xml from mod mods/x-division 0.99 beta/ failed.
 

Here are some screenshots:

Research

research.png

Pulse laser in store (yes it is the same base):

pulse-laser.PNG

Base defenses still at missile:

missile-battery.PNG

No pulse laser selectable in vehicle equip:

hunter-equip.PNG

Geoscape save:

example1.sav

Edited by jayc82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jayc82 said:

@Charon Yeah I started again after the upgrade, was doing quite well and was happy to get to laser weapons. FYI I haven't actually unlocked the laser pistol / rifle, etc yet, my first thought was to get my hunter weapon upgraded, was then that I noticed my turrets were still basic.

Your savegame says that you havent yet unlocked the advanced lasers, which contradicts what you said.

23 hours ago, jayc82 said:

Hi again, I really didn't want to bother you again with this one but it's actually stopping me from playing anymore, I'm not sure why on earth it's happening, but when I researched the "AdvancedLaserWeapons"  tech my base turrets didn't auto upgrade, they are all still missile turrets and i can build a laser cannon for my hunter but it's not available to equip :-(

 

Pulse Lasers cant be equipted by hunters, you need to research the first light tank ( defender ).

Your logfiles are fine, no mod contradiction.

 

Other than putting on some glasses your game seems to be completely fine and working :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Charon did that change in .41 or do you think I was able to equip the pulse laser on the hunter prior to that due to my problems with the fix pack?

Hmm I will take your word for it and play a bit more and see what unlocks, maybe my experiences with a dodgy install have messed up my understanding of the research tree!

And thank you :)

Edited by jayc82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jayc82 said:

@Charon did that change in .41 or do you think I was able to equip the pulse laser on the hunter prior to that due to my problems with the fix pack?

Hmm I will take your word for it and play a bit more and see what unlocks, maybe my experiences with a dodgy install have messed up my understanding of the research tree!

And thank you :)

Forget whatever happened before, you cant compare a non working game to a working one.

You dont have to take my word for it, you havent researched advanced laser weaponry. Look into your game and read it under Technology. Its not there. Thats cold, hard facts.

:).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Charon Haha I'm getting old I might be losing my marbles ;-) Thanks for your assistance.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, i'm not a english speaker so excuse my language :)

 

first seem to be a great mod i love this kind of spirit about mod

 

but i have a little problem of crash.(i'm on the 0.99 version, no other mod active than the one recommended )

seem impossible to progress anymore game always crash when i enter on a crashsite when loading bar is almost full.

i reload several times to see when the problems happened and it seem it's when i get the first upgrade for shield, after thati can't go on crashsite anymore.

shield are usefull so playing without them is troublesome.

should i reinstall or supress desactivate mod i installed before ? I don't know.

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. What are those? robodogs disguisedas some kind of container? (that can move):

wtf is this.PNG

3 rockets in:

wtf is this 2.PNG

Load order:

2.PNG

load order 1.PNG

2. Some of the alien yield no research when captured like Caesan Psion it would be useful to post some sort of list what aliens are useful to catch since capturing aliens requires much MORE effort than just killing them.

Edited by ramzesLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, albertiup said:

hello, i'm not a english speaker so excuse my language :)

 

first seem to be a great mod i love this kind of spirit about mod

 

but i have a little problem of crash.(i'm on the 0.99 version, no other mod active than the one recommended )

seem impossible to progress anymore game always crash when i enter on a crashsite when loading bar is almost full.

i reload several times to see when the problems happened and it seem it's when i get the first upgrade for shield, after thati can't go on crashsite anymore.

shield are usefull so playing without them is troublesome.

should i reinstall or supress desactivate mod i installed before ? I don't know.

Thank you :)

I think i got a bug, can you help me ?

If you want some help, make a bug report or think that something is not the way it is supposed to be, add a full screenshots of your whole modloader and your savegame ( geoscpae only ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ramzesLOL Check step 3 for installing the patch. After you have read it run the installer again to get a working game. Depending if you are on GOG your savegame might have been corrupted beyond repair.

Yes, i know that is a bit misleading, i will work on an installer for .40 soon.

 

On 17.9.2017 at 5:26 PM, ramzesLOL said:

1. What are those? robodogs disguisedas some kind of container? (that can move):

Yes :)

On 17.9.2017 at 5:26 PM, ramzesLOL said:

2. Some of the alien yield no research when captured like Caesan Psion it would be useful to post some sort of list what aliens are useful to catch since capturing aliens requires much MORE effort than just killing them.

All captured aliens are useful. The only exception are ceasan psions, and captured ones might get used in a future version, this is why you can catch them already.

Edited by Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 2:58 PM, albertiup said:

hello, i'm not a english speaker so excuse my language :)

 

first seem to be a great mod i love this kind of spirit about mod

 

but i have a little problem of crash.(i'm on the 0.99 version, no other mod active than the one recommended )

seem impossible to progress anymore game always crash when i enter on a crashsite when loading bar is almost full.

i reload several times to see when the problems happened and it seem it's when i get the first upgrade for shield, after thati can't go on crashsite anymore.

shield are usefull so playing without them is troublesome.

should i reinstall or supress desactivate mod i installed before ? I don't know.

Thank you :)

Hello there,

    As @Charon said, it is difficult to tell without some more details - mod loader, screenshots,etc.

    But, my wild guess is that this is due to Ambient Sounds mod - try to disable all sound mods and try again. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

### Compliments

I'm 2 days into the mod, and really impressed.  Thank you for breathing new life into Xenonauts.  

### Bug Report

I tried to pull up the game this morning, and on hitting 'load game' from the main menu, or 'save game' from the geoscape of a new game (didn't try load game there, but I'm confident it was borked also) the game froze, and windows gave me a 'this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way', and the application exited.

Assuming the problem was based on FS access, I moved all my savegames out of the `...\Xenonauts` directory, restarted the game, and was able to open the load menu (no games displayed).  I put back the most recent save, which caused the problematic behavior again (see attached, battlescape save), then removed it and tried again with the second-most recent save, which does _not_ cause the issue.

My assumption is that the save metadata is corrupted in some way that makes the app vomit when reading it, but I don't have the xenonauts technical knowledege to investigate further.

Side note: Is there a bug tracker anywhere?  I've tried googling, and it seems like this forum (76 pages, today) is the only place where bugs are reported.  I hate to possibly post a dupe, but as this is a game-crasher, I figured I'd post it anyway, in case it helps someone else.  

g2b3-1.sav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meyer.cm

If you have these kind of bugs its always mandatory that you post your rigs, OS and platform and whatever more you can think of. Otherwise i can also only look into my crystal to see what the problem is. For instance:

Windows 7
AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad Core
GTX 970
Steam

Your save produced the same crash on my rigs.

Best Regards
Charon

Edited by Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod is absolutely great! Vanilla Xenonauts lacks depth in a lot of its features and X-division just makes the game feel more complete. I particularly like the increased emphasis on capturing aliens for research and greater diversity in the GC arsenal.

You guys have clearly put a lot of time and effort into X-division and the result so far is impressive. I look forward to future updates, good luck in fully realizing your vision for the game!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lunch said:

This mod is absolutely great! Vanilla Xenonauts lacks depth in a lot of its features and X-division just makes the game feel more complete. I particularly like the increased emphasis on capturing aliens for research and greater diversity in the GC arsenal.

You guys have clearly put a lot of time and effort into X-division and the result so far is impressive. I look forward to future updates, good luck in fully realizing your vision for the game!

Thank you :)

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever wondered what the developers were doing to advance X-Division ?

Let me present the hard work of 6 hours ! BEHOLD THE GLORY AND THE BEAUTY !

 

func uint chereqcmdproc( uint wnd )
{
   str num1 num2 num3
   macrox_getstr( "chereq1", num1 )
   macrox_getstr( "chereq2", num2 )
   macrox_getstr( "chereq3", num3 )
   if  num1[0] = num2[0] = num3[0] != '0'
   {
      return 1
   }
   msg_warning( "Check the Requirements", "#lcaption#" )
   return 0
}

 

@Solver Can you explain what i did there ? I still have no clue ... but it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually thinking about shortening the campaign by 100 ATP for Phase 2 and 3. Makeing the campaign roughly 80 days faster than currently ? So what do you guys think about that ? Is the campaign lenght ok ? Is it too long or too short ? Let me know !

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys !

The .40 now has an installer which does everything for you except having an clean install and installing XCE. Check the OP if you like the new style.

I would appreciate some feedback if the installer is ok and if there can be any improvements.

All the best to you guys and girls !
Charon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now